Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I too, mostly sleep for an hour, wake up, am awake for 2-3-4 hours, sleep for another hour, wake up and by then the sun is up and so goes another night.

Last night I slept blissfully for 2.5 hours, woke up and that was it.  The sleep hypnosis. talk down did not work the 2nd night. That's how it typically is.

So, I got up at 5:45 and jogged today for perhaps 10 minutes, then went back to walking. No PT, but will do that later today.

It seems like we are mostly in the same boat, except for TS, who does quite well. Keep it up, TS!!

HM, I feel for you. Hopefully sleep will come and stay.

Sage, when you have had 8 hours, does the next night go back to zero? I wish you many more 8 hour nights!

NG

I too, mostly sleep for an hour, wake up, am awake for 2-3-4 hours, sleep for another hour, wake up and by then the sun is up and so goes another night.

Last night I slept blissfully for 2.5 hours, woke up and that was it.  The sleep hypnosis. talk down did not work the 2nd night. That's how it typically is.

So, I got up at 5:45 and jogged today for perhaps 10 minutes, then went back to walking. No PT, but will do that later today.

It seems like we are mostly in the same boat, except for TS, who does quite well. Keep it up, TS!!

HM, I feel for you. Hopefully sleep will come and stay.

Sage, when you have had 8 hours, does the next night go back to zero? I wish you many more 8 hour nights!

NG

Lately I've been able to get 2 or 3 nights of sleep before I get another 0, thankfully.  And thank you!  I hope so too.

Hi everyone,

Hope you slept better last night.

Saw the eye-doctor this morning:  my right eye has an imflammation. The iris and pupil are sticking because of that. The retinas in both eyes are a little irritated. Got 2 small bottles with meds ( one of them with Prednisolon) and an ointment also containing Prednisolon )  All need to go on the eye(s).  I had some bloodwork done as well. Follow-up appointment next Friday. So serious stuff perhaps.

These meds are keeping  me busy all day, some need to be taken 3 times, others 6 times daily. The ointment just before bedtime.

So, never a dull moment this week...

Let's hope things get better soon!

Have a pleasant day!

Trochsetter

TS,

I am glad you saw the eye Dr. and got some medicine for your eye. I hope it helps.

NG and everyone else,

Hope you got some decent sleep last night.

I 'think' I slept straight through from midnight to 7am which is rare for me. I still laid in bed until 10 because I am depressed and tired. I'm at Starbucks now drinking chocolate milk and surfing the net.

I am grateful I didn't sleep a zero last night but I am still tired.

Hi HM,

Thanks.

Congrats on your good sleep!

Enjoy your hot chocolate! It's a delicious antidepressant as well.

Hopefully it will chase your tiredness away!

TS

Hey guys,

Hope all is well. I slept 4 to 5 hours last night which is nice but not as nice as the 7 to 8 I had the night before. I am thinking about going back to school to be an X-ray technician. I have been waiting for my sleep to improve. I hope I continue to sleep better and better. I never know when those zero nights are coming. I can't go to school if I am not sleeping. At least I don't think I can.

HM

Good day all,

HM, your sleep is improving one day at a time.  Stay strong.

Can you go back to school without good sleep on a regular basis? Only you can decide if this is something you are up to. 

I was finishing my degree at the university when I was put on Ambien and clonazepam. They definitely did a number on my memory, but I just studied more and graduated with almost a 4.0 GPA in spite of the drugs I was put on. 

That being said, I was not an honor student in high school. lol

Age and determination helped me achieve those goals.

My mom sent me off to school at the age of four instead of having me wait until the next year to start kindergarten. My older sister was almost six and graduated at the top of her class. Mother could not ever figure out where she went wrong with me.  I'd like to tell her now, but there is no point.

Anyway, you will know when you are ready to go back to school and achieve your goals. They are just out there waiting for you.

TS, I hope your eye is doing better with the new meds the doctor put you on. That's quite a schedule, but I know "you've got this."

Last night I slept so very well. I think around six hours. I'm so happy with that!

Our power was off for four hours late afternoon and into the evening.  It did come back on the last hour before I called it a night. 

Strange to see the entire neighborhood dark. 

Take care everyone.

NG

Hello NG and HM,

So glad for the both of you! A good night's sleep does us a world of good!

HM,  going back to school would  be so awesome! I bet you're going to do just great!

NG, Wow,  now there's a strong mind if ever I saw one. Doing so great at uni while fighting benzos and stuff. Super kudos to you!

My days are filled with applying meds at the moment. There are short spells where I think I notice a little improvement,  but it could well be wishful thinking...The doctor had some bloodwork done as well. Tomorrow morning I  have the next appointment. Hoping and

praying for a good result.

Sleep well tonight!

TS.

TS,

I hope your eye gets better since you saw the Dr. recently. Mt left eye is watering all the time and full of gunk when I wake up. I am waiting for the eye Dr. to call me.

NG,

Congrats on your 6 hours! That must feel good. Last night, I was back to 3 hours again. It's been a while since I only got 3 hours. I am tired today.

Have a great Thursday everyone,

HM

Good morning everyone,

I hope the day is going well. Mine is just starting.  Not much sleep last night, but initially I did go right to sleep. Around 11 or so, I listened to a bedtime story for adults, but it no longer works. It happens.

My head hurt towards morning, so I turned everything off and go up to walk. I'll do the knee PT later.

HM sorry about the three hours of sleep. I can imagine you are tired.  :( Hopefully more sleep will come back soon. 

TS, thanks for the good wishes. I wish you good results with your blood test today. 

NG

Hi guys,

TS, I hope your eye is doing better.

NG, I hope what sleep you did get was deep and restful.

I slept about 5 or 6 hours last night. I was awake until midnight and then slept until 6 or 6:30am. Then I just paid awake in bed and rested. I am cutting again tomorrow to .5mg twice a day. I hope i handle the cut OK without any problems.

HM

I heard going  or trying to go back to sleep after 4 hr sleep is not a good idea is this true?

I have gone back to sleep after 4 hours, so I don't think it's true. Last night, I had to get up twice to go to the bathroom and I went back to sleep both times. I got another night of 5 to 6 hours of sleep. I am doing OK today. I also cut my dose to .5mg twice a day. Less than 2 months before I am off Xanax. I hope my sleep comes back before then.

HM

Hi HM,

That’s great. Congrats on your good sleep!

Wow, the finish line is getting getting close now!

It's always good to go back to sleep after 4 or 5 hours. We need more,  so no problem.

My eye is still not getting any better. And now my left eye is giving me problems too. Still on the meds. Had an thorax x-ray taken  and a lot more bloodwork done.

Next appointment this coming Tuesday.  Please help me hoping it's going to be fine again soon.

Enjoy your weekend. Take good care of yourselfs

Trochsetter

Good day all,

HM, congratulations on the improved sleep. Your continued cuts of Xanax is great! You will soon have this all behind you. 

I agree with you that going back to sleep after four hours is not a problem. I can't imagine why it would be a problem.

TS, I am sorry to hear your left eye is giving you problems, now.  I'll pray for good results from your blood tests and x-rays. Hopefully the doctor will figure things out.

I slept well last night. It was at least six hours.  Was busy yesterday, as we had our son and his fiancée over to watch football and enjoy hot wings that I have fun making. First time in awhile. 

Fall is in the air, so the weather is quite enjoyable. 

NG

Hi NG,

I'm glad you slept well last night!  So nice you had a lovely day with your son and his fiancee. The chicken wings sound really good!

Both eyes were giving me issues yesterday: the Prednisolon drops and ointment have a lot of side effects, one of them being enlarged pupils. Everything outside of 2 feet was a blur. There are more serious side effects,  I had a bad day yesterday. So I decided to stop taking the meds. Today me left eye is doing quite of bit better again. The right eye still has a enlarged pupil and there for blurred vision.

Hope your Monday is a good one.

TS

I heard going  or trying to go back to sleep after 4 hr sleep is not a good idea is this true?

I have gone back to sleep after 4 hours, so I don't think it's true. Last night, I had to get up twice to go to the bathroom and I went back to sleep both times. I got another night of 5 to 6 hours of sleep. I am doing OK today. I also cut my dose to .5mg twice a day. Less than 2 months before I am off Xanax. I hope my sleep comes back before then.

HM

Thanxs

Hi guys,

I'm touching base. I slept about 2 hours last night. I'm hoping for more tonight. I wish you all good sleep tonight.

HM

Hi guys,

I'm touching base. I slept about 2 hours last night. I'm hoping for more tonight. I wish you all good sleep tonight.

HM

I hope you get some good sleep tonight!  If you find yourself awake and lonely, feel free to DM me.  I'll likely be up.

I think my lack of sleep is now do to depression, as I'm so isolated ,alone and traumatized.

plus the wd of course that causes alertness....

just throwing it out there.

Hi bonty,

So sorry you're having a hard time right now.

Let's hope for things to improve a little soon!

Nwver give up hope!

Stay strong!

TS

Hi all,

Hope you all slept better last night.

Back from the eye-doctor.  All bloodwork came back negative! As did the X - Ray. Really happy about that. A huge relief.

The imflammation in my right eye is gone too! My right pupil is still enlarged though, so I have to continue taking meds for another 3 weeks, to prevent the imflammation from returning. Just a drop twice a day now instead of 9.

Wishing us all a lovely day!

Trochsetter

Good morning all,

TS, this is wonderful news about your blood work and x-rays! I am so happy for you. So good that you can take that off of your shoulders.

The healing of the right eye is also a huge plus. Keep moving forward!

My sleep was back to the usual. I still feel okay this morning, so perhaps I slept more than I realized. 

Today we are seeing a new doctor, as our old one retired and the new one I found was not on the same page or even the same book, as we were with treatment for my husband who will turn 82 next month.

Anyway, I will see what the doctor says today.  If she goes against me, then I'll assume I am the one with the problem.

My goal is to give my husband quality of life, not quantity. Neither my husband nor I wish him to spend his final years in advanced stage Alzheimer's, in a nursing home. Adding more meds to possibly prolonging his life is certainly up for discussion. We will agree to meds that will help him to feel better. He's already on a close to a dozen prescriptions. 

It's going to be a sunny warm day here. Next week that all changes to much cooler temps.

Take care,

NG

Enough of my rant. ha

Hi nightengale,

Sorry your sleep wasn't what it should be. Maybe tonight, right?

Your remark about your new doctor not even being on the same book, made me smile.

You're absolutely right about chosing quality over quantity. Prolonging a life no longer really worth it's name,  is pountless. Your husband and you decide, not the doctor! It certainly isn't you who's the problem. Just keep your foot down. Or look for yet another doctor.

We're slowly heading for more autumnal weather too. Colder, but dry after tonight's rain. I was able to sit outside this afternoon and grab some rays!  Lovely.

All the best!

TS

Hi guys,

Hope all are well. After 2 hours Sunday night, I was back to 5 hours last night, Thank God. It's been over a week since I have had 7 hours. I am waiting for another 7 or 8 hour night. This healing is so unpredictable and non-linear. One night it's 2 hours and the next it's 7.

I hope we all sleep tonight.

HM

[ca...]