Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonipin Teva Shortage and H2 Brand?

[Lo...]

[Lo...]

There is a shortage of Teva Klonopin. I had my pharmacist order as close to the original brand as possible, which is made by a company called H2. Supposedly, it is the same as the original maker Roche. Has anyone tried this brand? I don't want to feel worse, obviously. Thanks. 

[Li...]

@[Lo...]

Here is the May 2 ASHP Current Drug Shortage Bulletin for clonazepam:

Drug Shortage Detail: Clonazepam Oral Tablets

Per the bulletin:

Teva has clonazepam 0.5 mg tablets in 500 count bottles and 2 mg tablets in 100 count bottles on back order and the company estimates a release date in early-August 2024. Clonazepam 0.5 mg tablets in 100 count bottles are also on back order and the company estimates a release date of early- to mid-August 2024. Clonazepam 1 mg tablets are on intermittent back order and the company is releasing supplies as they become available.

Re:  brand Klonopin and H-2 Pharma …

Cheplapharm (a global specialty pharmaceutical company headquartered in Germany) acquired the rights to Rivotril® (Klonopin® in the US) from Roche in January 2021.  In the US, Klonopin is now manufactured by H2-Pharma using the original Roche formulation; the name ‘Roche’ is no longer imprinted on the tablets.