Important Survey - Please Participate ×

15 days off - sensitive to lights and dizziness

[Kr...]

15 days without benzos. Feel 100 symptoms but the most difficult ones till now are the dizziness and sensitive to the light. Anyone with advices on this? When did they cease for you, if you had them? It makes my life really hard. Hard to leave the house and to drive for sure! 

[jo...]
6 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

15 days without benzos. Feel 100 symptoms but the most difficult ones till now are the dizziness and sensitive to the light. Anyone with advices on this? When did they cease for you, if you had them? It makes my life really hard. Hard to leave the house and to drive for sure! 

your probably still in the acute phase which is usually the most extream. There's no exact timeline for any of this but many report relife from this phase after around a month. Some shorter some longer. Give it time and it will subside.

[Le...]

sensory overstimulation or whatever. ears ok?  pain?  

[Kr...]
18 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

your probably still in the acute phase which is usually the most extream. There's no exact timeline for any of this but many report relife from this phase after around a month. Some shorter some longer. Give it time and it will subside.

Thank you. I hope. It is getting worst than at the beginning so I’m getting scared. Last time I tried, I gave up after six weeks, it was beeing so hard. Right now I am with an AD, so I hope it helps! 

• Like 1

[Kr...]
19 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

sensory overstimulation or whatever. ears ok?  pain?  

Ears ok! I feel flu symptoms for sure, but I can handle them. The headaches are the worst and the sensitivity to the light. The dizziness when I walk is just crazy… 

[Ja...]
37 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I had that trouble driving today,it’s very hard trying to concentrate and relax at the wheel %100

[Kr...]
17 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I had that trouble driving today,it’s very hard trying to concentrate and relax at the wheel %100

Let’s hope for better days. And keep trying! 

[Tw...]

I had all of the symptoms which you have described. Now it has been 7 weeks since I quit benzodiazepines. Most of the withdrawal symptoms are gone now, including those which you are experiencing. All I have left is inability to drive or work, and some derealization and brain fog. How do people experiencing this  work or drive? 

[Rh...]

I’m 10 months off after a long, slow taper and the headaches/migraines, light sensitivity, dizziness and eye pain are my longest lasting symptoms.  
The eye pain and light sensitivity didn’t show up for me until recently so it’s been hard to manage.

I wish I had some advice, but I know it’ll pass and we will heal.  Keep pushing through, your so early in WD and things could improve in no time!!!

[ns...]
7 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Congratulations!

So happy for you!

2 weeks off is amazing!

Hang in there. I know it's tough, you've got this! The sensitivity will subside, so will the dizziness. Try not to focus on these ok, change your mind. Keep your hands and mind busy and try to get some exposure. Remember, distraction distraction!

So great to hear this, you are an inspiration!

Breath!

Ns

• Like 1

[Rh...]
1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Congratulations!

So happy for you!

2 weeks off is amazing!

Hang in there. I know it's tough, you've got this! The sensitivity will subside, so will the dizziness. Try not to focus on these ok, change your mind. Keep your hands and mind busy and try to get some exposure. Remember, distraction distraction!

Breath!

Ns

Yes, so right!  Distraction and more distraction! 

[Kr...]
6 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I had all of the symptoms which you have described. Now it has been 7 weeks since I quit benzodiazepines. Most of the withdrawal symptoms are gone now, including those which you are experiencing. All I have left is inability to drive or work, and some derealization and brain fog. How do people experiencing this  work or drive? 

Hey! I hope that is my case. The thing that is stressing me more is that I’m getting worst… so I’m afraid I’m still not in the accute phase.  

[Kr...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Hey! I hope that is my case. The thing that is stressing me more is that I’m getting worst… so I’m afraid I’m still not in the accute phase.  

About the driving… I’m doing it really slow and to places really close to me. Not beeing risky. About work. I’m working from home in customer care for this time. I hope I can handle it till the end 

[Kr...]
5 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I’m 10 months off after a long, slow taper and the headaches/migraines, light sensitivity, dizziness and eye pain are my longest lasting symptoms.  
The eye pain and light sensitivity didn’t show up for me until recently so it’s been hard to manage.

I wish I had some advice, but I know it’ll pass and we will heal.  Keep pushing through, your so early in WD and things could improve in no time!!!

10 months!! Amazing 💖 how are you?? I hope I can get there as soon as possible. 

thanks for the support! 

[Kr...]
4 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Congratulations!

So happy for you!

2 weeks off is amazing!

Breath!

Ns

Thank you for the words and strenght. They are so important right now! 

I am proud of myself but I keep thinking that last time I gave up at six weeks, and at the 2 week mark I was still hanging. Trying to distract from these thoughts and hoping time will goes fast 

• Like 1

[Rh...]
On 06/05/2024 at 01:48, [[K...] said:

10 months!! Amazing 💖 how are you?? I hope I can get there as soon as possible. 

thanks for the support! 

It’s been a slow healing process for sure, but to be off and free is an amazing feeling, now if the healing could happen a little faster I’d be set!  Lol

Things will improve, it’s just such a slow, long process for many and battle fatigue can set in and take over, but distraction, self care and TIME are great tools.