Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi Trochsetter, so good to hear from you and even better yet you are sleeping so well! I am happy for you. ]

Did anything happen to bring about the change or did it just come naturally?

I am out and about more. This week I walked the dog up and down the block we live on. The weather has been quite nice here.

My pain is less and less. I am no longer taking oxycodone since a week ago on Thursday. Yesterday was one month from surgery.  I am progressing.

My sleep went away after the initial benefit of taking the pain pills following surgery, but yesterday it is slowly starting to return. 

The only medication I am taking is Tylenol as I finished the Eliquis (blood thinner) yesterday.

Keep up the good sleep!

NG

Hello nightengale,

That all sounds great! So glad for you, now that things are improving.  Even more so that you're starting to sleep better again. So your dog is now a therapeutic one.

Did you pick up driving again yet?

Our weather has been rather crappy  lately. April was the coldest in 35 years! The odd nice day,  but mostly cold and dry. However, last Thursday saw plenty of rain. The gardens loved it. People not so much.

I'm having my first Covid-19 shot next Monday. I wasn't going to take it but had a change of mind. Did you get both shots yet?

Even though Covid numbers are still really high overhere, restrictions have become less severe,  starting this week. Let's wait and see...

Have a pleasant weekend.

TS  👋

Hi TS, the dog is therapeutic for me as I am for her. She turned 15 this April and is recovering from a torn knee joint quite well. She's a Cairn terrier, so not quite medium size, but now small either. 

Indeed I am driving, again, which is nice. When we went to Costco a couple of days ago, I rode in one of their electric carts. I felt like a kid at an amusement park. lol

Beings I am walking up and down the block, I am going to try shopping in the grocery store on my own two feet. 

I had my first covid shot on February 8 and my second one 28 days later. It was Moderna. The first shot I had no reaction except for a slightly sore arm for a day or two. The second shot, I had a sore arm for the better part of 4-5 days, a headache the first night and that was it. 

My husband had no reaction.

I wish you well in getting the shots. I felt liberated after the first one and still do even though we are required to wear masks in all stores. 

Enjoy your weekend,

NG

Last night I slept a good six hours, perhaps more.  It's been 11 days since I stopped taking oxycodone for pain after my knee replacement surgery.  It took away my sleep after initially letting me sleep for the first two nights after I began taking it. I am now completely medication free.  I've been so careful what I eat to help with the knee healing. At one point I considered taking CBD oil along with THC for sleep, but gave up that idea after not being able to find any online locally. I just figured it would be something else to deal with.

I wish everyone good sleep and sunny days.

NG

Hello nightengale,

That's fantastic news! Congrats on such a good night's sleep. 😴😴😴

Being free of meds...not a lot in their seventies can say the same.

Healthy eating is so important,  not only when healing from surgery.

Let the healing continue! 💪👍

Hope you enjoy your Monday. Perhaps get some rays with free vitamine D3. 😎😎

TS 👋

Good morning, last night was a fair night, in that I went to sleep initially, which is always nice, as I do not dream then. The dreams come later. 

My sleep was spotty after that, but I did sleep some.

TS, I am glad I have not been put on any other medications. So far my blood tests all have come back in the normal range.  My new PCP wanted me to for counseling and then go on anti-depressants for sleep.  That's what got me into this benzo mess so many years ago. I told him I would think about it. 

Indeed healthy eating along with exercise is what keeps us going. 

it has been raining since Sunday. Quite dreary, but the trees all seem happy with new leaves appearing. 

No free vitamin D so far.

I hope you are still sleeping well and your pain is staying away.

NG

Hi everyone, just checking in. You seem to be doing well nightengale. Good for you. Happy to hear your knee replacement surgery went well and that you are recovering nicely.  :)

I slept good last night. I woke up a couple of times during the night, but I was able to fall right back asleep. I feel so much better the next day after a good night of restful sleep.  I am hoping tonight will be a repeat of last night. LOL

Take care everyone and try to enjoy your day.

Congratulations Antibenzo on a restful night!! I hope this continues at least in that direction.  The falling right back to sleep is such a plus.

Today the sun is shining, now and then, so it is a fine day.

NG

Hi Rodolfo,

That's SUPER! You must feel over the moon today.

Hello ladies,

Glad your sleep seems to improve little by little.

Last night was the worst in months. Woke up around 3 because of pain in both hips. Maybe I did too much walking and even stair climbing yesterday. Or it's a reaction to my vaccin. Who knows. 

We're having wet and very windy weather atm. Today is Liberation Day in the Netherlands. ( WW 2).  Not much going on because of Covid-19 restrictions.

Take care everyone!

TS

Congratulations Rodolfo on some amazing sleep!!  Keep it up!

TS, I am sorry to hear your hips were causing pain. As you said, it could have been from too much walking/stair climbing of the vaccine.  Hopefully today is a better day and tonight will see your sleep return. 

Always good to remember Liberation Day. Too bad not much is going on with the covid.  I hope as the summer progresses, things will get better with the covid restrictions. 

NG

Hi everyone,

Last night was a night with marvellous sleep! Some 7,5 hours with just one interruption ( bathroom). No pain to speak of.

Feeling good.🙂

Hope you all slept like a log.😴😴😴

TS

Congratulations on a great night of sleep! 7.5 hours is wonderful! Glad the pain was gone, also.  Life is good.

I slept at least 4 plus hours after napping on the sofa in the evening.  Things are looking up!

NG

Hi nightengale,

Glad you slept better! Way to go!

My day was not great: tired, a bit of a nasty headache, kind of sleepy. More muscle pain than normally. I'm sure it's to do with the vaccination.  I expect it's going to improve over the next few days. Hope so anyway...

Have a pleasant day!

TS

Good morning,

TS, sorry about your headache and muscle pain. It could very well be from the vaccination.  That being the probable cause, it will improve over the next few days as you said.  Hang in there.

The sun is shining this morning, which is always a plus.  The weekend sounds like it will be cold and rainy.

Last night I took a medication for muscle spasms in my surgical leg, which was fairly intense during the evening. The medication took away my sleep and didn't do a lot for the spasms. I'll toss those back in the drawer.  I believe I did manage a couple hours of sleep during the night.  When I could muster the will, I would tell myself I was tired, sleepy, my eyes were heavy and to sleep, sleep, sleep.

It did put me to sleep the two times I did that. 

Sometimes my brain just wants to race/think, which along with the restless legs and the muscle spasms, all plays together for a sleepless night.

I wish everyone good sleep tonight!

NG

Hi nightengale,

Ugh, what a mess. Hopefully this coming night is going to be a better one! You deserve it!

Today is a much day. Yesterday I felt like all my muscles where made of jelly. A took it easy. Gave myself a brake.

Went for PT this afternoon. Felt good after that,  so did some gardening. Went very well! I was proud of myself for doing that...

We've had wet and windy weather all week. Today is the exception to the rule.

Enjoy your day and sleep well!

TS

He everyone,

Slept some 7 hours straight! Wow! Even got back to sleep after my bathroom visit.

Hope you all slept equally well!

Enjoy your weekend.

TS

Congratulations TS! Sleeping so well is always good news. Keep it up!!

My sleep is gone again. I'm trying to hold on until it comes back.

The muscle spasms in my surgery leg don't help. I also have restless leg in that one, also.

Eventually this will all go away, so the doctor says.

Today is Mother's Day. The kids will stop by, which I am looking forward to.

The weather is typical May, with rain and  more rain.  The lawns and trees/bushes are happy!

Take care,

NG

Hi nightengale,

Happy Mother's Day! Glad you're seeing your children. Enjoy!

Sorry your sleep isn't any good atm. I hope your leg is going to get better soon.

After another cold week, today is warm. Out of nowhere ( well, Spain and France to be honest... ;D)

But also thunderstorms.

The side effects of the Covid-19 vaccin are gone today.

Last night was another 7 hours of good sleep.

Down to 0,6 mg Diazepam this coming Tuesday.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

TS

Hi all,

Hope your sleep was better!

Today 's my Birthday!  Turned 66...

Wishing  you all a grand old day!

TS

TS, happy birthday you young thing!! Enjoy your day! I wish you many more great birthdays.

I finally slept. What more can I say!

It's a beautiful May day, which I plan on going outside to enjoy. 

NG

Rodolfo, I like your comment, "not that good, but fair for me."  Maybe we learn acceptance on this benzo journey or at least the idea of accepting things.

NG

Hi nightengale 

Thank you. I had a wonderful day: nice people visiting and lovely weather!

Glad you slept again! Way to go! I hope you enjoyed your day out. Nice weather does the world of good.

Hi Rodolfo 

Glad for you as well!

TS

Good morning. TS I'm glad you had a nice birthday.  Hopefully your sleep continues. Mine is slowly improving. I would feel so much better if I kept sleeping a little more each night/week. 

Our rain is back, so I've been mainly staying in.  On Friday my new physical therapist came and everything went fine.  She comes back tomorrow. 

Yesterday, my new knee felt better than it ever has. I'm confident I will soon appreciate the modern marvels of medicine. It's taken awhile to get there.

NG

[4e...]