Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey V. Sorry you're not doing to good

Thank you Jwl. I had a filling replaced just before the lockdown and it was very difficult for the dentist as it was an old filling. I didn't notice my symptoms worsening even more. It was just the same old same old anxiety etc. I hope it's the same for you.

Mary,

i am afraid to go on other thread.

when you guys microtaper, do you get the morning cortisol surge?

Hi jasmine,

The forum is open to all, every part of the forum is full of wonderful members helping each other, there is no reason to be afraid of other boards.  You may find some useful information by visiting other parts of the forum and getting support and suggestions from a greater number of people.  Some parts of the forum are for specific taper information, others like the Buddie Blog section are for making friends and talking about day to day activities.  Another part has games to play to help distract us from our misery.  We even have a section of the forum for members of faith, where they can express how their faith has helped them through this.

Please don't be afraid to take full advantage of all we have to offer.  :)

Pamster

Chewing the Fat 

Insomnia 

Anxiety     

Depression     

Other Medications   

Alternative Therapies & Supplements

Progress Logs

General Health & Wellbeing

Faith-based Support 

Buddie Blogs

Accentuate the Positive! 

Chewing The Fat

Benzos In The News

Off Topic   

Hi everybody,

I'm being a bit naughty for posting on a Thursday...

Just here to let you know today is a much better day! A lot of the symptoms caused by the wave that started Thursday last week,  have become much less bad. After a good sleep last night, today my fatigue, headache, nausea are almost gone. I think that's  a promising sign, and hopefully the start of a new window. Or at least, the end of the wave. Boy, did I feel terrible for almost a week.

Going to hold for a long time again. This thread has been mostly about the benefits of holding and tapering slowly the last couple of days. All so very true!

PS. I had a Corona test done yesterday. This afternoon is got the result: negative!  :D So glad.

Stay well. 

Hi v,

That anxiety should pass. Mine was so intense up until last week. I hate these cuts. I'm not looking forward to it again. Just breath and say this to shall pass. My whole will stay too! I'll get an implant later. I have to go back for a filling and to fix the chip on my front tooth. Anxiety the devil did that one! And a cleaning. You balanced out. Sometimes I heard it can get worse before you hit a new better baseline. Ahhhhh

Thanks Jwl, Mine was ro far gone. I had the root canal pre bwd and I n3 er had a chance to fi ish it. You might as well save the tooth if you can!! Thanks guys

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in and say hello since it's been awhile since I've been here.

I am doing all right and feeling pretty stable most of the time during my taper.  I am a little over halfway off my original dose and that feels good.  I do have days where my cuts catch up with me but they seem to last for a shorter period of time.

I have been working a lot more since May and will be going on vacation for two weeks starting this Saturday. 

My shoulder is still healing but I've been going to a Feldenkrais pracitioner who is also a physical therapist.  I'm getting more mobility back and the awful on going nerve pain has left.  I know the injury came from the benzos and my inability to do anything when I was in withdrawal last year. 

Things in NYC are picking up but the city is still not where near what it was.  That feels sad at times when I'm out going to appointments.  But after months of agoraphobia last year, it feels good that I can walk around.  I'm holding a vision that this wonderful, chaotic and culturally rich city will recover. 

I have not read though the threads but I am wishing everyone here who is on this journey, a decent day without too many symtoms.  There is a lot of great support here from caring people.

Final Healing

Hi Everyone,

I am doing all right and feeling pretty stable most of the time during my taper.  I am a little over halfway off my original dose and that feels good.  I do have days where my cuts catch up with me but they seem to last for a shorter period of time.

I have been working a lot more since May and will be going on vacation for two weeks starting this Saturday. 

My shoulder is still healing but I've been going to a Feldenkrais pracitioner who is also a physical therapist.  I'm getting more mobility back and the awful on going nerve pain has left.  I know the injury came from the benzos and my inability to do anything when I was in withdrawal last year. 

Things in NYC are picking up but the city is still not where near what it was.  That feels sad at times when I'm out going to appointments.  But after months of agoraphobia last year, it feels good that I can walk around.  I'm holding a vision that this wonderful, chaotic and culturally rich city will recover. 

I have not read though the threads but I am wishing everyone here who is on this journey, a decent day without too many symtoms.  There is a lot of great support here from caring people.

Final Healing

So good to hear from you FH. I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation. Leave your cares behind and enjoy!

Things are picking up here in Connecticut too.. Not at all happy about that ☹️

I too hope NYC returns to it's former " self" I absolutely loved visiting especially at Christmas time. I love New York!

Be well,

Trishy ❤️

Hey Meems, a day without a coke is like a day without sunshine. Just kidding, sugar and refined carbs are really not good for us. Our brains need ketones (from protein) for optimal health. Insulin resistance is another problem that can come from high carbs. That's not to say I won't reward myself with a Coke every once in awhile. Have you had Sonic's Coke with strawberries and real cream? So good! >:D

Hi JWL I know all about what your saying about what our brain needs.  I’ve done it and it helps with w/d ALOT!  I just HAD to have that coke. 

No I haven’t had Sonics coke and strawberries and cream. Yummy! 

Hi Everyone,

Final Healing

So good to hear from you FH. I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation. Leave your cares behind and enjoy!

I too hope NYC returns to it's former " self" I absolutely loved visiting especially at Christmas time. I love New York!

Be well,

Trishy ❤️

Thanks Trishy, it will be good to get away. 

Yes, NY at the holidays is magical.

I hope you and all your family are okay.  I see you are below 1mg. Congratulations on getting there.  FH.

guys,

i don't feel good at all. i have skyrocked anxiety.

I'm sorry Jasmine. Unfortunately healing/stabilizing isn't linear. You're going to have ups and downs. Just yesterday you said you we're able to lay in bed without anxiety so that's an improvement.

Hey Meems, a day without a coke is like a day without sunshine. Just kidding, sugar and refined carbs are really not good for us. Our brains need ketones (from protein) for optimal health. Insulin resistance is another problem that can come from high carbs. That's not to say I won't reward myself with a Coke every once in awhile. Have you had Sonic's Coke with strawberries and real cream? So good! >:D

Hi JWL I know all about what your saying about what our brain needs.  I’ve done it and it helps with w/d ALOT!  I just HAD to have that coke. 

I've found that a Paleo diet works best for me although I don't go overboard on fatty stuff like butter and hamburger. I eat a lot of eggs, sardines and lean meat. Hope you're feeling a little better

I've found that a Paleo diet works best for me although I don't go overboard on fatty stuff like butter and hamburger. I eat a lot of eggs, sardines and lean meat. Hope you're feeling a little better

The Keto diet works best for me.  A lot of people with epilepsy follow that eating plan.  They’re brains are very similar to ours as far as excess glutamate.  That’s why some people who are NOT epileptic have seizures when they cold turkey. 

Hi Mary,and all,

Thanks for your reply. So, you’re in Texas! Well, I’m in Los Angeles California and we are right beside you on the charts of virus case!  Not controlled much at all. Very scary. I am a teacher and I will NOT GO INTO THE CLASSROOM AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  L.A.schools are going 100% to distant learning, but I teach in a private school and they are trying to get an exemption!  So with me, everything right now is in limbo. I hope I have a job in Sept.!

Take care! Ihope your taper goes smoothly in the days ahead.

Heathcliff

Hi Heath old buddy old pal!!!  :hug: Long time no see but for the right reasons  :) Thanks for dropping in to help out, love and miss you loads  :-*  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I don't understand what's wrong with people right now, 150,000 people dead and they want to force teachers back in the classroom.  That's just nuts and I really hope it works out for you.  I really like your Governor and think he is really trying, ours is at least better than Florida's governor, but he still sucks.  Praying for all of us 😘💜😷🙏😘💜😷🙏.   

Mary,

i am afraid to go on other thread.

when you guys microtaper, do you get the morning cortisol surge?

I'm sorry Jasmine, but it's great to branch out.  So many of us have different symptoms, Withdrawal Support is like one big bb thread where a lot of us go to ask questions and get suggestions.  You should never be afraid.  We all are on here to get support and give it, when we are able.  You will be treated well any where you post.  :)  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

Final Healing

Be well,

Trishy ❤️

Thanks Trishy, it will be good to get away. 

Yes, NY at the holidays is magical.

I hope you and all your family are okay.  I see you are below 1mg. Congratulations on getting there.  FH.

Thanks final, I'ma tryin  ;) and family is doing ok, thank you for asking  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish good for you honey now don't be doing another cut too soon please.l know you you tend to get ahead of yourself.l want you to be patient and not get yourself into difficulty.I have the paint ready and waiting honey so get your big fat ass over here 😉.l hope my new great nephew is doing well?How is your sister after the hospital is she doing ok?Now try to stay calm honey you will be grand.love you my lST X

. Morning Troch we have been here before honey and you got through it and you will again.l know you are probably feeling deflated honey but if this wasn't so hard none of us would be here.We must use every tool we have and be patient.You can and will get through this.Hang in there.love you.X

Morning Meems glad you didn't get into any arguements yesterday it really isn't worth the hassle.l hope are feeling better honey? love you.X

Morning Boo how is your mum now honey?l hope she is communicating with you.Look after yourself as well honey.love you.X

Morning JWL l have to say l have never heard of a functional doctor until l came to this forum.ls the treatment helping?Can l ask how did you come to suffer so many concussions? love you.X

Morning GP,Free, Lady Mary, Intend Blk Gilly Valley Val NJ Nova Ginger Esperanza Suzy Blw, Olive and everyone here sending you my love.X

Oh now come on twinny let's not exaggerate how big my ass is, sure it's grown but it's hardly J Lo big  it's pleasantly plump  :laugh: :laugh:

I can't even call what I did a cut. I will be going down a tad bit more after my Dr appt August 4 th. I'm just trying to whittle this other 1/8 of a pill away. Then I will have taken away a quarter of the pill. I started this process the very end of May. After that I'll probably hold for at least 2 months if not longer than that.

Your great nephew is as cute as ever. He was here the other day. I changed him 4 times! He 💩a lot! He's breast fed and they tend to go more often :laugh: he did manage to pee on me during one of those changes :laugh: :laugh: I just adore him, he's a very good baby 😍

My sister continues to need oxygen. She has to sleep with it but she is doing very well considering. How is your sis? Also Stut my niece who had the aneurysm continues to have these bizarre episodes of random swelling?? She'll wake up in the morning and her thumb will be swollen sometimes her whole hand. She had every test imaginable and no one can figure it out. This all started after her aneurysm🤷‍♀️

I wonder if your sister has had anything like this? I know my niece would give anything for an answer to all this random swelling.

I hope you get to the beach soon, I'm sure that you're probably really needing some R&R about now. I hope you get there very soon🙏🏻

Love you much!

Lst❤️

Hi all - got as heck here in L.A.  we had an earthquake this morning at 4:30 am.  4.2.  Woke me up. 

I’ve had an an OK day.  Window I guess just kind of low mood. Ladies, I colored my hair last night.  Got rid of the gray roots but need a cut.  But I ain’t bitching.  Safety is more important.  Especially here in CA. 

So...life in quarantine and Benzo w/d- any suggestions for my big milestone 50th bday in 3 days?  August 3?  My dream was to go to New Orleans - even though I’m sober - I just wanted to visit the city and visit haunted locations and eat the food. 

Love 💗

Meems

Hey meems! Happy bday! My bday is Aug 23rd! Oh, i5s nasty hot here in mass. Humid! It has been for over a month. Sorry about the earthquake! Is that a bad one ? I'm brain dead between my tooth, the heat and wd, lol. Someday you can get to  New Orleans! I'd like to travel more when this wd is over. Glad your in a semi window! Hang in there!! 🎉🎉

Hey meems! Happy bday! My bday is Aug 23rd! Oh, i5s nasty hot here in mass. Humid! It has been for over a month. Sorry about the earthquake! Is that a bad one ? I'm brain dead between my tooth, the heat and wd, lol. Someday you can get to  New Orleans! I'd like to travel more when this wd is over. Glad your in a semi window! Hang in there!! 🎉🎉

Thanks DD, I’ll take a “semi” window any of the day of the week over a wave.  The earthquake wasn’t all that bad. A 4.2 magnitude.  But it was enough to wake me up.  Luckily in CA is dry not humid.  But it’s hot.  Sure would love to have a pool.  Yes, I’ll get to NOLA one of these years. 

Just about done with my green house. I built it using antique windows and antique glass doors. Now I have to find another project. Distract, distract, distract :)

Hey hope everyone is doing ok. sorry i havent checked in in a while. work has been crazy busy and im exhausted in off time lol hope everyone is hanging in there! one moment at a time .  :thumbsup:

Blkhawk,

I won't and would never ask where you live but I can't help notice your handle bc my husband is an aircraft mechanic and works on Blackhawks for the military. Just wondering if you are familiar with those but please don't answer that question if you're not comfortable doing so. I realize we all have to protect our identity here.

Trishy :)

No stress trishy. My name is actually from the hockey team Chicago Blackhawks . im from Canada though. Just a huge fan of team . thats awesome that your husband works on those. all the best :smitten:

Hi Mary,and all,

Thanks for your reply. So, you’re in Texas! Well, I’m in Los Angeles California and we are right beside you on the charts of virus case!  Not controlled much at all. Very scary. I am a teacher and I will NOT GO INTO THE CLASSROOM AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  L.A.schools are going 100% to distant learning, but I teach in a private school and they are trying to get an exemption!  So with me, everything right now is in limbo. I hope I have a job in Sept.!

Take care! Ihope your taper goes smoothly in the days ahead.

Heathcliff

Hi Heath old buddy old pal!!!  :hug: Long time no see but for the right reasons  :) Thanks for dropping in to help out, love and miss you loads  :-*  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I don't understand what's wrong with people right now, 150,000 people dead and they want to force teachers back in the classroom.  That's just nuts and I really hope it works out for you.  I really like your Governor and think he is really trying, ours is at least better than Florida's governor, but he still sucks.  Praying for all of us 😘💜😷🙏😘💜😷🙏

Its not me Mary  :hug: its Heath that's the teacher  :) I'm hard pressed to function in my home ( I'm house bound  with very severe symptoms  ) never mind get out and do a job  :) If only,  ::)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[3f...]