The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

HEATHCLIFF hello! Welcome and thank you so much for your inspiring note! Everyone needs to hear these words. You and I were on similar timelines, I remember. You jumped a few months before me and were a great inspiration to me. I feel very similar, I feel almost like the whole nightmare was just that, a dream that I have finally woken up from. I would not say that I am 100% healed yet but I feel 85% better. I hopped in the car and drove 4 hours today and I was thinking about how that would have been so impossible a few years ago. I used to have major anxiety any time I got in the car and especially on the freeway. I would hug the right lane so I  could pull over whenever I needed to. One difference for me is that I took a lot of supplements during my taper, as I lost 20lbs pretty rapidly and I was basically starving.

JWL, it sounds like you learned a lot from your Functional Medicine Dr! I work for 3 of them as office manager, so you are speaking my language! Glad you got all the tests done, it is expensive but when you can finally get to the root of the problem, it is so satisfying. 

DD I'm sorry you had a have a tooth pulled.. and during Covid! You poor thing. Do not feel bad about taking ibuprofen, that is why it exists! I always alternate between Tylenol and Ibuprofen, since they utilize different systems (I is harder on the stomach, T is harder on the liver)

TRISHY mama mia!! Who could forget? you had me rolling on the floor during that phase! Sorry to hear that your niece and sis are having health struggles. I will be sending them good thoughts.

STUT I miss you! You are always such a grounding force to this group.

MARY how are you feeling? Migraines gone? I sure hope so. And the drilling is done?

VNM thinking of you and your daughter and hoping you guys are doing alright.

MEEMS Drink that cherry coke girl!! I think it's good for your soul to treat yourself if it doesn't send you over the edge. Your living situation sounds really hard and of course you are still grieving your beloved Maggie. Glad you have another kitty to cuddle and wipe away your tears. I heard about that earthquake from another friend. Scary! I lived through the 7.1 Loma prieta quake and it was terrifying. What else for 2020? No big wildfires yet, crossing fingers that we have another mild year, we need it!!!!

FINAL good to hear from you girl! I'm glad you are getting out on walks, I too suffered agoraphobia for part of my taper and it is so awful, not only the anxiety but just missing out on the fresh air of outside and feeling guilty to myself. I so appreciate every walk I take now, so much more than I used to.

GP miss you lady! How are your doggies doing? And have you been able to fend of your huggy neighbor? I guess Covid helps with that, if nothing else!

Blkhwk Glad you are here with us! There are a few men in this group, Troch, and we had Bill for awhile, he pops in sometimes still. Valley Um is long gone, for the good reason.. same with Oscar hopefully.

TROCH You are doing such a great job posting only on Wednesdays, we won't tell if you post on Thursday or any other day for that matter. So glad you are a part of LHSG.

NOVA good to see you pop in here and there, so nice to see old faces around here!

I'm definitely missing people here but it's hard to remember everyone at one sitting. Love you all! I know I don't post as much anymore but I do try to read and catch up. This group is definitely something special, of all the groups on BB it is the one I always come back to.

I just got back to my mom's in Santa Cruz, after spending the last month with my boo in grass valley. It was soooooo hot there! Like in the 90s every day, it was oppressive! We went to the lake a few days but man it was hot! We started playing pickle ball in the evenings. Mary, who was it that used to talk about pickle ball all the time? Was it Benzogirl? At the time I had no idea what pickle ball was and I could not even leave the house, I remember feeling envious of her that she was able to go do a sport.. now here I am doing a sport! It is kind of like a mix between tennis and ping pong. Like life sized ping pong. Very fun!

I forgot Jasmine, I'm sorry you are struggling, we can all relate. Glad you are holding for as long as you need to. You will stabilize. Sending you healing thoughts.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I think Olive has actually said it all thank you honey 😍.l am delighted you are enjoying yourself my lovely.l have actually never heard of that game is it an American game?l hope you continue to improve and thrive.l think everyone believes this will last for ever however it is withdrawal and like every withdrawal it will eventually end.Until that time we must cope as best we can.love you.X

Morning Trish awe honey l am sorry to read that about your niece however if she has had everything checked l would assume it's just a side effect of the brain injury.My sister gets a lot of swelling in her feet and ankles.We keep her feet elevated however it doesn't tend to help.Has this been ongoing since the bleed or is this new?l would definitely it's actually nothing to worry about.Glad my wee dote is doing well and your sis is holding her own.As l say slow and steady honey.The cuts are small but they could mount up.You are doing well twiny l know you will succeed.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy sorry about the tooth.l have had several injections since l began tapering never had any problems.l hope you are feeling ok my lovely.love you.X

As l have said Olive has said it all.lt is good to see posts from Final nice to know how you are getting on.You are really doing better than you were.love you.X

Happy birthday Meems 🎉🍾 not much to celebrate at 50 😱 Make it a good one.love you.X

I will be back next week sometime until then keep on keeping on my lovely friends.love you all.X

Hi Mary,and all,

Thanks for your reply. So, you’re in Texas! Well, I’m in Los Angeles California and we are right beside you on the charts of virus case!  Not controlled much at all. Very scary. I am a teacher and I will NOT GO INTO THE CLASSROOM AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  L.A.schools are going 100% to distant learning, but I teach in a private school and they are trying to get an exemption!  So with me, everything right now is in limbo. I hope I have a job in Sept.!

Take care! Ihope your taper goes smoothly in the days ahead.

Heathcliff

Hi Heath old buddy old pal!!!  :hug: Long time no see but for the right reasons  :) Thanks for dropping in to help out, love and miss you loads  :-*  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I don't understand what's wrong with people right now, 150,000 people dead and they want to force teachers back in the classroom.  That's just nuts and I really hope it works out for you.  I really like your Governor and think he is really trying, ours is at least better than Florida's governor, but he still sucks.  Praying for all of us 😘💜😷🙏😘💜😷🙏

Its not me Mary  :hug: its Heath that's the teacher  :) I'm hard pressed to function in my home ( I'm house bound  with very severe symptoms  ) never mind get out and do a job  :) If only,  ::)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Nova, sorry.  I just confused that post.  I am really sorry your symptoms are so bad. :(

Heath, I hope they change the school rules so that you aren't expected to go back.  Thinking of you both.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼💜😘🙏😷

I forgot Jasmine, I'm sorry you are struggling, we can all relate. Glad you are holding for as long as you need to. You will stabilize. Sending you healing thoughts.

thanks OliveKitty,

i was able to sleep last night and took a nap in the afternoon thanks to the betablocker.

i feel of, as if my brain is adjusting to the meds.

the burning symptoms are gone for now.

i am dosing religiously.

i feel very depressed though at the idea of being back on valium and having to taper through many years again.

guys,

i don't feel good at all. i have skyrocked anxiety.

I'm sorry Jasmine. Unfortunately healing/stabilizing isn't linear. You're going to have ups and downs. Just yesterday you said you we're able to lay in bed without anxiety so that's an improvement.

Thanks JWL,

how long did it take you to cut from 9mg to 1mg of valium?

what was your worst symptoms?

do you drink coffee?

i feel like a vegetable, no strength whatsoever.

Hi Mary,and all,

Thanks for your reply. So, you’re in Texas! Well, I’m in Los Angeles California and we are right beside you on the charts of virus case!  Not controlled much at all. Very scary. I am a teacher and I will NOT GO INTO THE CLASSROOM AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  L.A.schools are going 100% to distant learning, but I teach in a private school and they are trying to get an exemption!  So with me, everything right now is in limbo. I hope I have a job in Sept.!

Take care! Ihope your taper goes smoothly in the days ahead.

Heathcliff

Hi Heath old buddy old pal!!!  :hug: Long time no see but for the right reasons  :) Thanks for dropping in to help out, love and miss you loads  :-*  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I don't understand what's wrong with people right now, 150,000 people dead and they want to force teachers back in the classroom.  That's just nuts and I really hope it works out for you.  I really like your Governor and think he is really trying, ours is at least better than Florida's governor, but he still sucks.  Praying for all of us 😘💜😷🙏😘💜😷🙏

Its not me Mary  :hug: its Heath that's the teacher  :) I'm hard pressed to function in my home ( I'm house bound  with very severe symptoms  ) never mind get out and do a job  :) If only,  ::)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova,

how long have you been holding and you are still not feeling well?

Hey Meems, a day without a coke is like a day without sunshine. Just kidding, sugar and refined carbs are really not good for us. Our brains need ketones (from protein) for optimal health. Insulin resistance is another problem that can come from high carbs. That's not to say I won't reward myself with a Coke every once in awhile. Have you had Sonic's Coke with strawberries and real cream? So good! >:D

Hi JWL I know all about what your saying about what our brain needs.  I’ve done it and it helps with w/d ALOT!  I just HAD to have that coke. 

No I haven’t had Sonics coke and strawberries and cream. Yummy!

I've found that a Paleo diet works best for me although I don't go overboard on fatty stuff like butter and hamburger. I eat a lot of eggs, sardines and lean meat. Hope you're feeling a little better

The Keto diet works best for me.  A lot of people with epilepsy follow that eating plan.  They’re brains are very similar to ours as far as excess glutamate.  That’s why some people who are NOT epileptic have seizures when they cold turkey.

That's a very good diet Meems. I think I read that some people with dementia use it as ketones are really good for brain health. But isn't it really strict in the sense that you can't have any carbs? It's interesting you should mention epilepsy. Gabapentin was first developed as an anti epilepsy drug. My idiot doc put me on it for my fibromyalgia (nerve pain) but I wonder if it helps with benzo WD? Not that I would want anyone to start taking it as it too has to be tapered off of.

Good morning Jasmine. You sound better today. Wonderful that the burning sensation is gone and you were able to take a nap. That's one thing I can't do. No I don't drink coffee but I drink tea. I don't remember how long it took to taper as I lost my profile when I returned to BB. I had to re-do it from memory and I got some things wrong. But as you can see, I've been tapering for 6 years including my 1 year hold after my CT and my 2 year hold to address my health. I think when I got to around 5 mgs I started a daily micro taper (.01 mgs/day). So we're talking about 60 days to taper 1 mg. I plan on slowing it way down on my last 1 mg. You really shouldn't be concerning yourself with tapering just now. Concentrate on holding and stabilizing. I can say from experience, if you don't find a good baseline that's relatively free of sxs your taper will be hard.

Hey Olive, did you find that getting your health in order helped with your taper?

Hey Jwl,

Yes, I did for sure. Actually when I really hit rock bottom in 2017 I started seeing a naturopath who was also a prescriber, so I switched my prescription to him and he started helping me with my taper, as well as putting me on a bunch of nutritional supplements. He also had me doing vitamin IV's which really saved me! He also suggested a lot of medications to try, almost all of which I refused. He was great, but there is a tendency for doctors to want to help alleviate symptoms through new prescriptions and I was terrified to go dow that route. I'm grateful that I was, otherwise I would probably still be on a bunch of RX's. Anyway, I didn't start seeing a functional dr until I was in my long hold at 2mg, and I'm sure it was a combo of the new protocols and the long hold that really helped me push into the healing phase.

Hey Olive, did you find that getting your health in order helped with your taper?

Hey Jwl,

Yes, I did for sure. Actually when I really hit rock bottom in 2017 I started seeing a naturopath who was also a prescriber, so I switched my prescription to him and he started helping me with my taper, as well as putting me on a bunch of nutritional supplements. He also had me doing vitamin IV's which really saved me! He also suggested a lot of medications to try, almost all of which I refused. He was great, but there is a tendency for doctors to want to help alleviate symptoms through new prescriptions and I was terrified to go dow that route. I'm grateful that I was, otherwise I would probably still be on a bunch of RX's. Anyway, I didn't start seeing a functional dr until I was in my long hold at 2mg, and I'm sure it was a combo of the new protocols and the long hold that really helped me push into the healing phase.

I did those IVs too. At first they sent me into a wave (especially the B vits), but after I rode it out they really helped. Could I ask what supplements you're on now?

HEATHCLIFF hello! Welcome and thank you so much for your inspiring note! Everyone needs to hear these words. You and I were on similar timelines, I remember. You jumped a few months before me and were a great inspiration to me. I feel very similar, I feel almost like the whole nightmare was just that, a dream that I have finally woken up from. I would not say that I am 100% healed yet but I feel 85% better. I hopped in the car and drove 4 hours today and I was thinking about how that would have been so impossible a few years ago. I used to have major anxiety any time I got in the car and especially on the freeway. I would hug the right lane so I  could pull over whenever I needed to. One difference for me is that I took a lot of supplements during my taper, as I lost 20lbs pretty rapidly and I was basically starving.

JWL, it sounds like you learned a lot from your Functional Medicine Dr! I work for 3 of them as office manager, so you are speaking my language! Glad you got all the tests done, it is expensive but when you can finally get to the root of the problem, it is so satisfying. 

DD I'm sorry you had a have a tooth pulled.. and during Covid! You poor thing. Do not feel bad about taking ibuprofen, that is why it exists! I always alternate between Tylenol and Ibuprofen, since they utilize different systems (I is harder on the stomach, T is harder on the liver)

TRISHY mama mia!! Who could forget? you had me rolling on the floor during that phase! Sorry to hear that your niece and sis are having health struggles. I will be sending them good thoughts.

MARY how are you feeling? Migraines gone? I sure hope so. And the drilling is done?

MEEMS Drink that cherry coke girl!! I think it's good for your soul to treat yourself if it doesn't send you over the edge. Your living situation sounds really hard and of course you are still grieving your beloved Maggie. Glad you have another kitty to cuddle and wipe away your tears. I heard about that earthquake from another friend. Scary! I lived through the 7.1 Loma prieta quake and it was terrifying. What else for 2020? No big wildfires yet, crossing fingers that we have another mild year, we need it!!!!

FINAL good to hear from you girl! I'm glad you are getting out on walks, I too suffered agoraphobia for part of my taper and it is so awful, not only the anxiety but just missing out on the fresh air of outside and feeling guilty to myself. I so appreciate every walk I take now, so much more than I used to.

GP miss you lady! How are your doggies doing? And have you been able to fend of your huggy neighbor? I guess Covid helps with that, if nothing else!

Blkhwk Glad you are here with us! There are a few men in this group, Troch, and we had Bill for awhile, he pops in sometimes still. Valley Um is long gone, for the good reason.. same with Oscar hopefully.

TROCH You are doing such a great job posting only on Wednesdays, we won't tell if you post on Thursday or any other day for that matter. So glad you are a part of LHSG.

NOVA good to see you pop in here and there, so nice to see old faces around here!

I'm definitely missing people here but it's hard to remember everyone at one sitting. Love you all! I know I don't post as much anymore but I do try to read and catch up. This group is definitely something special, of all the groups on BB it is the one I always come back to.

I just got back to my mom's in Santa Cruz, after spending the last month with my boo in grass valley. It was soooooo hot there! Like in the 90s every day, it was oppressive! We went to the lake a few days but man it was hot! We started playing pickle ball in the evenings. Mary, who was it that used to talk about pickle ball all the time? Was it Benzogirl? At the time I had no idea what pickle ball was and I could not even leave the house, I remember feeling envious of her that she was able to go do a sport.. now here I am doing a sport! It is kind of like a mix between tennis and ping pong. Like life sized ping pong. Very fun!

Olive Kitty - that is so awesome you drove for 4 hours.  I can’t drive the freeways “yet.“  Just streets.  But baby steps.  I’m so grateful I’m driving. I remember your earthquake years back.  That’s when the bay bridge collapsed.  Ours wasn’t too bad.  4.2.  Well now Florida is embracing for a hurricane.  How cool is it that you played a game.  I don’t have the muscle or mental

Strength “yet” for a game. Key word - “yet”.  😻

You are awesome 👏

“Hot as hell in CA”

Meems

Olive Kitty - that is so awesome you drove for 4 hours.  I can’t drive the freeways “yet.“  Just streets.  But baby steps.  I’m so grateful I’m driving. I remember your earthquake years back.  That’s when the bay bridge collapsed.  Ours wasn’t too bad.  4.2.  Well now Florida is embracing for a hurricane.  How cool is it that you played a game.  I don’t have the muscle or mental

You are awesome 👏

“Hot as hell in CA”

Meems

OK, I do remember someone playing pickle ball but not who.  I always wondered what it was too  ;D:laugh:  Yes Meems, we live virtually threw Olive.    :laugh: :laugh:

Always good to hear your adventures..... ;):laugh:    Having a migraine right now but haven't had one in a couple weeks so have to try to be grateful  ;)

Good morning Jasmine. You sound better today. Wonderful that the burning sensation is gone and you were able to take a nap. That's one thing I can't do. No I don't drink coffee but I drink tea. I don't remember how long it took to taper as I lost my profile when I returned to BB. I had to re-do it from memory and I got some things wrong. But as you can see, I've been tapering for 6 years including my 1 year hold after my CT and my 2 year hold to address my health. I think when I got to around 5 mgs I started a daily micro taper (.01 mgs/day). So we're talking about 60 days to taper 1 mg. I plan on slowing it way down on my last 1 mg. You really shouldn't be concerning yourself with tapering just now. Concentrate on holding and stabilizing. I can say from experience, if you don't find a good baseline that's relatively free of sxs your taper will be hard.

JWL,

i had a nap this morning, took a shower (haven't done that in 2 days), took my daughter to the store and got her ice scream, taught her how to knit, cleaned the house, pick up my son from the daycare.

a day ago, i couldn't get out of my bed.

i guess, it is really one day at a time.

You are awesome 👏

“Hot as hell in CA”

Meems

OK, I do remember someone playing pickle ball but not who.  I always wondered what it was too  ;D:laugh:  Yes Meems, we live virtually threw Olive.    :laugh: :laugh:

Always good to hear your adventures..... ;):laugh:    Having a migraine right now but haven't had one in a couple weeks so have to try to be grateful  ;)

Mary - you’re in the 7’s now!  Woot woot!

JWL,

i had a nap this morning, took a shower (haven't done that in 2 days), took my daughter to the store and got her ice scream, taught her how to knit, cleaned the house, pick up my son from the daycare.

It really is Jasmine  ;).  Glad you had a good day  :D

You are awesome 👏

“Hot as hell in CA”

Meems

Mary - you’re in the 7’s now!  Woot woot!

It took 10 years!!  :laugh: :laugh:  I am kidding, but I did seem to be in the 8's forever.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

JWL,

It really is Jasmine  ;).  Glad you had a good day  :D

Congratulations Mary for being in the 7's.  I know you've fought for every bit of it.  G.  :yippee:

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Anywho, peace to all of you lovely people ✌🏻 .. 🙋‍♀️❤️

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey hope everyone is doing ok. sorry i havent checked in in a while. work has been crazy busy and im exhausted in off time lol hope everyone is hanging in there! one moment at a time .  :thumbsup:

Blkhawk,

I won't and would never ask where you live but I can't help notice your handle bc my husband is an aircraft mechanic and works on Blackhawks for the military. Just wondering if you are familiar with those but please don't answer that question if you're not comfortable doing so. I realize we all have to protect our identity here.

Trishy :)

No stress trishy. My name is actually from the hockey team Chicago Blackhawks . im from Canada though. Just a huge fan of team . thats awesome that your husband works on those. all the best :smitten:

Ahhhh mystery solved!  ;)

I love Canada have only been to Niagra falls and would love to get back there someday. I want to go to Prince Edward island. I know Canada is enormous but I definitely would love to see more of it one day. I love Justin Trudeau  :D wish we had him for our president here in the US. We have a moron but that's all I'll say about that  ;)

Nice to have you here blckhawk :)

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

:smitten: :smitten:

Good night my people! Hope you all have a restful night!

Mary, you know I love you girlfriend. I hope you had a good day today.

Twinny missing you!

Peace LHSG✌🏻

Love to all,

Trishy❤️❤️

Trishy- you never fail to make me laugh.  EVER!

Blkhawk im sure Canada is wonderful and lovely and I am of French Canadian descent (So I have ice hockey in my DNA) - 2nd generation American - immigrants from Quebec -  and I love your PM.  🤬

Being that my family settled in Maine, I have to root for the Boston Bruins.  And of course the Boston Red Sox. 

[14...]