The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I almost bought a yo yo meems! Actually I would like to find some Jack's! I live Jack's. Ok, I've regressed back to my childhood, lol

Ugh.  I am sooooo not a morning person.  Morning still here in CA.  Only been awake for an hour but wanted to get a head start on all ya central and East Coasters.  So I had a bit of panic this morning.  I was past due on my health insurance payment for July and past due amount was due 7/31.  Argh!!!!!!

So I just made a payment and it takes 24-48 hrs.  I can’t afford to get canceled but I don’t think I will. Just called them and there system Shows “in process” so I should be ok.  Luckily because of COVID my dr filled me up with refills for my diazepam in advance.  Had to get pharmacy approval and they called my dr and she said yes because of potential shortage because of the virus because our drugs come from China and this orange monster is f-ing with China.  Ahhh well.  I have heard it before as we all went through it when covid hi, about losing access to our prescriptions.  Scary.  I c/t before and it was hell on earth and nothing scares me more than to have to do that or do a fast taper.  Oh how I can’t wait for the day of freedom. 

Love from “health insurance drama land”

Meems 💝

I almost bought a yo yo meems! Actually I would like to find some Jack's! I live Jack's. Ok, I've regressed back to my childhood, lol

I bought silly putty.  Would you believe it’s good for stress and tension.  And I love the snappy sound it makes. 

They also have these clear balls with sparkles inside  and you shake them and stare at it and it's supposed to help anxiety.

Hello everyone,

I start my 4th month of holding today.  Not sx free yet.  I spent last week at the lake with my children and grandchildren plus a few others.  I was in a wave the first three days with anxiety, benzo belly, you know the drill.  After that the last four days were good.

I went hiking everyday even the rough ones.  No tv, so no news.  We had great weather, lots of floaties, a boat and a jet ski.  Tons of food, I gained 1.5 lbs but that has since come off.  I'm having some mild wd sx, mostly fatigue and my nearly ever present pounding heart.

My garden is starting to produce in this heat.  It was 100 here yesterday.  It is not every year that we hit 100.  I'm busy watering and picking veggies.

My daughters both requested masks so I'm making more.  They are required here and in Idaho and Oregon where my kids live.

Trishy, I  think it's great the way you are reducing your Xanax now.  I'm debating whether to start decreasing in October after the garden work is done, or wait and just jump from 0.1 the end of the year.  I'm afraid if I taper and get hit with bad sx I'll be too chicken to jump.  I have never found an amount small enough to decrease that doesn't lead to weeks or months of waves.  I think better to get it all over with at once after a long hold.

I hope all of you will have some good days.  Even good hours are a welcome respite.  Jasmine, it sounds like your hold is starting to work.  It's an up and down thing, one good day is no guarantee of another.  The longer you can hold the better you will feel. G.

Mom pissed me off.  My mood sxs got triggered.  I wish this Benzo thing was all a hoax.  Just a big hoax that will magically disappear.  😾

Ginger, how I want your lake right now.  Yes, it’s hot and I’m stalling on working on my garden. 

DD, I hope you enjoyed your Diet Coke and coffee.  I totally forgot about the silly putty on newspaper. 

Trishy, your place sounds like a comforting place to taper and recover. 

JWL, I’m putting it “mildly”. 

Don’t be surprised if I come back to let you know I bought a kiddie pool.  🤣😂🤣😂

Love from, “Meems is all over the place” 🤪

Panic attacks are perfectly normal Jasmine and they can come out of nowhere. All you can do is ride it out. I wouldn't go overboard on the Beta Blockers as it can lower your BP too much. Yes I take NAC. It's an important cofactor for metabolism ( energy).

i mean NAD

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=218897.0

That's what I meant-typo. Although supplements have really helped me and OliveKitty, it's not a magic bullet and in your fragile condition, it might throw you into a wave. If you take anything, take the smallest possible dose and gradually increase to the recommended dosage. Supplements are not like medication, they take awhile to work. It's seems to me you need something to help with the cortisol surges. I don't feel comfortable recommending anything but you can google it or better yet see a functional doctor. There are also supplements that can help counteract glutamate. You're going to find all kinds of posts (like that one) where someone said something worked for them but remember we're all so different.The safest bet would be to have tests done to see what you're lacking in.

Thanks ok! I'm just glad it's done. I feel like an ibupropin addict. I was counting the days I didnt have one. I could have gotten my 24 hour chip if it was a drink! Lol. Glad you are feeling well!

Hope your still in a somewhat window meems. I just kind of rested today. Maybe e I'll walk tomorrow. I've been m lazy with the wicked hot humid days!` hehe

Hi v, I hope your ok. I hope the anxiety is letting up. Mine is on and off.  ❤🙏😻

Hope everyone else is ok. ✌

Lol, lol.  DD counting the days and getting a chip fits me too.  I don't take many ibu', after reading about all the nsaids, it said aspirin are the easiest on you, so that's what I take now and mix it with 1 acetaminophen.  It does seem to help taking them together, if you want to try .  LY girlfriend

🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼💜😘🙏😷💜😘🙏😷

Meems, I wish it was as hoax too! Bwd sucks! Sorry. Hang in there. I hope we get some relief sometime today.

Me too you guys!!  Couldn't Trump be right once  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  :laugh: :laugh:

Mom pissed me off.  My mood sxs got triggered.  I wish this Benzo thing was all a hoax.  Just a big hoax that will magically disappear.  😾

Ginger, how I want your lake right now.  Yes, it’s hot and I’m stalling on working on my garden. 

DD, I hope you enjoyed your Diet Coke and coffee.  I totally forgot about the silly putty on newspaper. 

Love back at ya Meems.  I would share that kiddie pool in a minute.  :laugh: :laugh:

Panic attacks are perfectly normal Jasmine and they can come out of nowhere. All you can do is ride it out. I wouldn't go overboard on the Beta Blockers as it can lower your BP too much. Yes I take NAC. It's an important cofactor for metabolism ( energy).

i mean NAD

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=218897.0

That's what I meant-typo. Although supplements have really helped me and OliveKitty, it's not a magic bullet and in your fragile condition, it might throw you into a wave. If you take anything, take the smallest possible dose and gradually increase to the recommended dosage. Supplements are not like medication, they take awhile to work. It's seems to me you need something to help with the cortisol surges. I don't feel comfortable recommending anything but you can google it or better yet see a functional doctor. There are also supplements that can help counteract glutamate. You're going to find all kinds of posts (like that one) where someone said something worked for them but remember we're all so different.The safest bet would be to have tests done to see what you're lacking in.

at this point i am ready to try anything else instead of popping betablockers 4x a day- sometimes i even wish boy it would be nice not to wake up. my heart rate is on the 60's

i am trying L theanine tonight and tomorrow will try vitamin C.

i also take the OJ, creme of tartar, hymalian salt conconction but it is really mild,

the 3am surge is still terrible.

i just have my periods hence the increase in symptoms today (lovely to be a woman)-

my sister tried the NAD treatment in IV over 2 weeks (super expensive) ut it mininize her withdrawal. no anxiety (my worse symptoms)- the cost was 20k

she went from 60mg to 0.5mg in 3 series of treatement. she is also ins sleeping pills

at this point, i just want to sleep 10 hours at night, nap, feel good on 9mg of valium and taper when i feel ready.

with god grace, have a an easy and slow taper. just like you JWL. 1mg/60days is fast.

God, if you listen xoxoxoxo

do you think that those experiences teach us something about life? such as patience, perseverance, endurance?

Jasmine, a lot of people have said so.  That they have found out so much about themselves and how they look at the world differently now.  Want to have a purpose and be a better person.  I believe that could easily happen.  This is a rough road, and to get through it , we have to be strong and learn new skills.  Is your sister there?  Mary 🙋🏼😘🙏♥️🙋🏼😘🙏♥️

Thank mm,

Maybe I'll switch to aspirin. Hopefully now that my tooth pull is healing I can stop. So frustrating! Hope your migraine is letting up!!!

Bad day Meems?  :( Come on over I'll make you tea and you can float in my pool.  If that doesn't help I'll send you Rich's wallet that always helps me  :laugh: :laugh:

Sending you hugs my friend 🤗❤️

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Anywho, peace to all of you lovely people ✌🏻 .. 🙋‍♀️❤️

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi - yes I have always been a west coast girl.  But I’ve lived in St Thomas US Virgin Islands for a time.  Otherwise always lived in CA.  Northern and Southern.  Our weather is good but it’s hot.  Dry heat.  I think our beaches are still closed.  Not sure on that.  Night time is a good time to go for a walk. 

I bet your house is charming.  I like that style too.  Yes, no patience for Wal-Mart And it’s a panic attack waiting to happen.  I end up spending too much money at Target and I do love TJ Max and Marshall’s.

We have a Hobby Lobby here and a Homegoods.  Oh gosh I miss shopping.  I miss being normal.  I am so happy for you that you got to feel normal again today.  What a gift 💝

Have a good night

Meems

Meems my pet!  :D

Yes, I remember the night of discussions about rock bands and roof raking snow that you mentioned the virgin islands!!

I have always wanted to visit Northern California. I think I might like it better than southern.. But idk 🤷

I love home goods!! Should have gone there as well yesterday.  I always end up spending too much money no matter where I go.  :D

As for my " charming" house as you say, well I try my best to make it as comfortable as I can. Country to me is warm and cozy and that's what I like best about it. Always loved things of old too which might be why I like it.  I like some primitive decor. But sometimes I can put a room together and it looks like I just threw earrings on a pig.  :laugh:  :laugh: Tip- never rush a decorating project  ;)

I wish you many Happy shopping days in your future!  :D You'll get back out there Meems and when you do get back to the beloved stores..buy me something pretty  :laugh: :laugh:

Peace my friend ✌️ :smitten: :smitten:

I’ll buy you a chicken or a cowboy 🤠 hat! 

Love,

Meems.

I like country decorating but I ain't no country girl :laugh: :laugh: however I think I'd look bitchin in a cowboy hat, Yee hawww!! 💫 giddiup !  :laugh: :laugh:

Hello everyone,

I start my 4th month of holding today.  Not sx free yet.  I spent last week at the lake with my children and grandchildren plus a few others.  I was in a wave the first three days with anxiety, benzo belly, you know the drill.  After that the last four days were good.

I went hiking everyday even the rough ones.  No tv, so no news.  We had great weather, lots of floaties, a boat and a jet ski.  Tons of food, I gained 1.5 lbs but that has since come off.  I'm having some mild wd sx, mostly fatigue and my nearly ever present pounding heart.

My garden is starting to produce in this heat.  It was 100 here yesterday.  It is not every year that we hit 100.  I'm busy watering and picking veggies.

My daughters both requested masks so I'm making more.  They are required here and in Idaho and Oregon where my kids live.

Trishy, I  think it's great the way you are reducing your Xanax now.  I'm debating whether to start decreasing in October after the garden work is done, or wait and just jump from 0.1 the end of the year.  I'm afraid if I taper and get hit with bad sx I'll be too chicken to jump.  I have never found an amount small enough to decrease that doesn't lead to weeks or months of waves.  I think better to get it all over with at once after a long hold.

I hope all of you will have some good days.  Even good hours are a welcome respite.  Jasmine, it sounds like your hold is starting to work.  It's an up and down thing, one good day is no guarantee of another.  The longer you can hold the better you will feel. G.

Hi Ginger! Sounds like it was a nice vacation over all. Actually sounds like heaven to me. I'm sorry you had a rough few days, glad it didn't last.

Yeah, so I just cut by 1 digit in weight for a couple days. I'm holding that and on the 4 th I'm dropping the rest to be rid of one quarter of the pill..UHG tapering is so daunting.

I'm with you on the pounding heart! I woke up last night with it galloping in my chest. I had a day out of shopping with a friend and I think I over did it. It was so worth it though. I notice if I do too much or something strenuous like raking for too many hours I get that horrible rev'd up feeling. I hate that😝

I think your plan to do a long hold and then jump sounds like a good one. You'll be in good shape to do it after a good long hold.  :thumbsup:  :smitten: :smitten:

DD, isn't the heat brutal?! Omg I can't stand it. It's even hard to sit outside unless you go in and out of the pool. I have only gone in my pool twice this season, am lazy about putting bathing suit on :laugh: :laugh: I'd rather just sit in AC. This humidity has got to go! I think the whole Northeast is roasting 🥵

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Anywho, peace to all of you lovely people ✌🏻 .. 🙋‍♀️❤️

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi - yes I have always been a west coast girl.  But I’ve lived in St Thomas US Virgin Islands for a time.  Otherwise always lived in CA.  Northern and Southern.  Our weather is good but it’s hot.  Dry heat.  I think our beaches are still closed.  Not sure on that.  Night time is a good time to go for a walk. 

I bet your house is charming.  I like that style too.  Yes, no patience for Wal-Mart And it’s a panic attack waiting to happen.  I end up spending too much money at Target and I do love TJ Max and Marshall’s.

We have a Hobby Lobby here and a Homegoods.  Oh gosh I miss shopping.  I miss being normal.  I am so happy for you that you got to feel normal again today.  What a gift 💝

Have a good night

Meems

I’m a Cali girl born and raised. It’s so, SO hot where I live (north of Sac). 100+ degrees for weeks now. I empathize. 😂😭 if you don’t mind my asking, where in NorCal did you live (you of course do not have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable ❤️).

:laugh: :laugh:

Bad day Meems?  :( Come on over I'll make you tea and you can float in my pool.  If that doesn't help I'll send you Rich's wallet that always helps me  :laugh: :laugh:

I know we don’t know each other well, but can I come too?  :laugh:😂😂

:laugh: :laugh:

I know we don’t know each other well, but can I come too?  :laugh:😂😂

Absolutely Kit! I'll have a nice drink waiting for you and a comfy floaty.  :smitten: :smitten:

[51...]