Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

haven't slept much. the nightime adrenaline surges are raging with burning- will they calm down when you hold? i re-updose to 9mg yesterday. would it get better with the lag time?

anyone had that and it went away?

i read about a woman on here who still has it 5 years out and only sleep 3 hours at night.

can't go on like this- i have all kinds of dark thoughts when they happen.

please help. is this a lifetime sentence?

Jasmine, no it's not a life time sentence and yes you will heal. You need to stop reading those horror stories. That woman probably CT'd. One thing about WD is that there's not enough GABA (the feel good, positive neurotransmitter) so it leads to "dark thoughts". Once you realize it's your unbalanced brain talking to you can better cope. You're young and strong, there's every reason you will heal and faster than you think.

Jasmine, you said you tapered 4 times and had to re-instate again. this tells me you need to have a serious plan of action that doesn't involve tapering too fast. Please read the LH propaganda and commit yourself to following it.

haven't slept much. the nightime adrenaline surges are raging with burning- will they calm down when you hold? i re-updose to 9mg yesterday. would it get better with the lag time?

i read about a woman on here who still has it 5 years out and only sleep 3 hours at night.

Jasmine, no it's not a life time sentence and yes you will heal. You need to stop reading those horror stories. That woman probably CT'd. One thing about WD is that there's not enough GABA (the feel good, positive neurotransmitter) so it leads to "dark thoughts". Once you realize it's your unbalanced brain talking you can better cope. You're young and strong, there's every reason you will heal and faster than you think.

but i CT for 3 months (took 18mg of rescue dose of V) before re-instating.

Jasmine, no it's not a life time sentence and yes you will heal. You need to stop reading those horror stories. That woman probably CT'd. One thing about WD is that there's not enough GABA (the feel good, positive neurotransmitter) so it leads to "dark thoughts". Once you realize it's your unbalanced brain talking you can better cope. You're young and strong, there's every reason you will heal and faster than you think.

Yes but you re-instated. I'm talking about those who've never re-instated are are still suffering WDs.

Yes but you re-instated. I'm talking about those who've never re-instated are are still suffering WDs.

so there is a difference?

please god, take the adrenaline surges and the burning away

I'm so sorry Jasmine. I found when I get adrenaline surges it helps to walk, even if it's just pacing the house. You said you reduced 1 mg because your husband said "it's not that much". You may want to have your husband read the LH propaganda. It's not his fault. People who have never gone through this just don't understand. You're very lucky to have a supportive husband.

i just re-updose to 9 yesterday- i hope it will get better.

i am at my end wits.

yes, i am very lucky, he is gold.

so there is a difference?

Yes. People who CT will heal but will suffer much worst WD sxs and they may not necessarily heal faster. People who re-instate and micro-taper with long holds will still get sxs but they are much milder and manageable in the sense that they can lead fairly normal lives.

JWL,

what were your symptoms when you Ct and tapered too fast?

My symptoms were very much like your's. When I CT'd I was bed ridden and only got up to go to the bathroom.

JWL,

what were your symptoms when you Ct and tapered too fast?

My symptoms were very much like your's. When I CT'd I was bed ridden and only got up to go to the bathroom.

thank you so much JWL for your kind words.

my husband assured me that i will stabilize.

it is like my brain has been highjacked by those meds

the nighttime adrenaline surge are terrible- it like living in constant panic from 10pm to 6am.

i have to dose my valium every 6 hours.

i am 5-2. 107lbs. i am exhausted by the fear, the fatigue, the apprehension of the taper that lay ahead

every minutes i think i won't make it.

when you CT and laid in bed did you have anxiety?

see, i can't even lay in bed without having those damn adrenaline surges

i drink a huge amount of camomille tea

what is methylation issue?

There are some genes that vary among people called MTHFR. They change the way we metabolize drugs and nutrients. There are two main MTHFR mutations, my understanding most people have at least one of the mutations, some people have both mutations and this dramatically affects the way they metabolize drugs and nutrients (drugs are less effective, can’t metabolize certain types of vitamins, etc.)

Jasmine - I am sorry you are suffering.  I c/t and it messed me up.  I then, 4 months later, decided to taper and it was way too fast.  If you just re-instated last night it’s going to take some time to stabilize.  Unfortunately That is just how it is.  My adrenaline surges used to start as if on clockwork at 3 pm every day.  It was horrible.  But yes eventually they did subside.  They are just symptoms with glutamate in your brain firing to high and imbalance of GABA down regulated.  JWL is right, movement helps with surges.  Stay away from all processed foods that have chemicals.  Please read the long hold propaganda again about long holds. 

Meems ❤️

Jasmine - I am sorry you are suffering.  I c/t and it messed me up.  I then, 4 months later, decided to taper and it was way too fast.  If you just re-instated last night it’s going to take some time to stabilize.  Unfortunately That is just how it is.  My adrenaline surges used to start as if on clockwork at 3 pm every day.  It was horrible.  But yes eventually they did subside.  They are just symptoms with glutamate in your brain firing to high and imbalance of GABA down regulated.  JWL is right, movement helps with surges.  Stay away from all processed foods that have chemicals.  Please read the long hold propaganda again about long holds. 

Meems ❤️

meems,

do you still have adrenaline surge at night and in the morning?

Hi all, today must be a day of self care.  I’ve already begun watching freaking politics and I can feel my blood pressure high.  I need to re-start my day with some quiet reading of my inspirational books and a good high protein breakfast and some journaling and then force myself to get outside.  I’ve been wanting to start a garden so maybe I’ll go to the garden shop.  I’ve been holding at 4.65mg for 9 days now since Maggie’s death 😿.  I call them stress triggered sxs and they are subsiding except weak leg muscles.  Luckily no panic or anxiety attacks but some mood swings.  Again mostly stress triggered about my family. 

Love u all

Meems ❤️😻🙏

Meems ❤️

meems,

do you still have adrenaline surge at night and in the morning?

[/quote

No. My naps are not good but no longer have surges.  When I first started my hold - omg I was so bad. I would lay in bed to sleep and say around 9 pm I would jolt out of bed freaked out and so scared I was gonna die.  I even texted my psychiatrist once asked if I could updose.  Luckily she said no.  I would even wake up in sweats, At 3 am, nauseous and jolt out of bed. They faded as my hold stabilized.

Kit is right. The methylation cycle is one of many interconnecting cycles in which the body uses nutrients to produce energy. The important part of the methylation cycle is that it's involved in the production of neurotransmitters.

thank you all for the support-

i feel like i have nothing left in me.

Neems. i appreciate that the jolts are gone now for you. i hope mine will go away soon.

i can't believe that with that much valium i am still not knocked out.

my family told me to not worry about the taper for now and just stabilize and get some sleep.

i spent 3 months with very little sleep.

i just wish to feel somewhat normal on the valium

when you taper do you get the morning adrenaline surge now?

anyone had burning symptoms that went away with a long hold?

The morning adrenaline surges took a couple months to get better for me after I reinstated, but I saw gradual improvements over that time. I get them occasionally still, but they’re much better. Something that was suggested to me was to eat a small bedtime snack. I drink a a small glass if orange juice and a piece of bread with peanut butter. It helps keep your blood sugar more level throughout the night and reduces the morning surges.

The morning adrenaline surges took a couple months to get better for me after I reinstated, but I saw gradual improvements over that time. I get them occasionally still, but they’re much better. Something that was suggested to me was to eat a small bedtime snack. I drink a a small glass if orange juice and a piece of bread with peanut butter. It helps keep your blood sugar more level throughout the night and reduces the morning surges.

Yep!  I was told that too and I make sure I have some protein before bed.  It helps.  ❤️

Hello kids! I'm thinking of dry micro tapering for a few days just to eek down a tad bit more. Here's what I'm thinking. The current weight of my tapered pill is 112  so I'm thinking I'll go to 111 tonight and then tomorrow 110 etc.. dropping by 1 digit in weight everyday for a few days. Good idea or no?? Anybody? I hope the above mentioned is dry micro?? IDK but that's what ima gonna do!

Trisssssshhhhhyyyyyy ..  :laugh: :laugh:

How are you feeling right now?  You feeling pretty stable?

;DAlways the best question to ask our Trishy  :laugh:

Ok you're side splitting funny here Mary  ;)

I couldn't help myself Trishy  :laugh:  :D

HI loves! Oh my this thread is moving so fast.. I tried to catch up but every time I come on there are more pages and pages so I'm just going to hop on here. I did see jasmine's question about age and living situation.. Hi Jasmine! I am 44, I jumped last January and doing well. I used to live in Portland with my bf in a house we bought, but w/d pretty much destroyed my relationship so I left him and moved back to California and moved in with my mom. I have been here for 2 years and I finally feel ready to move back to Portland, which I am doing this August. I was going to wait out the pandemic but I'm not sure this is going away any time soon. And now there are the big protests in Portland, which I am assured by my ALL of my friends there that is really only a couple of blocks downtown where the federal building is, and they are mostly peaceful protests that are being turned into riots by the federal officers. The news is making it look like the protestors are violent, which they are not. I'm looking forward to getting a little more involved.

Anyway, sending love to all of you! I'm currently in Grass Valley at my bf's house and it is hot as balls here! Heading back to Santa Cruz on Thursday, where it is reasonable temp! Love you guys.

[f1...]