The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mom pissed me off.  My mood sxs got triggered.  I wish this Benzo thing was all a hoax.  Just a big hoax that will magically disappear.  😾

Ginger, how I want your lake right now.  Yes, it’s hot and I’m stalling on working on my garden. 

DD, I hope you enjoyed your Diet Coke and coffee.  I totally forgot about the silly putty on newspaper. 

Trishy, your place sounds like a comforting place to taper and recover. 

JWL, I’m putting it “mildly”. 

Don’t be surprised if I come back to let you know I bought a kiddie pool.  🤣😂🤣😂

Love from, “Meems is all over the place” 🤪

Bad day Meems?  :( Come on over I'll make you tea and you can float in my pool.  If that doesn't help I'll send you Rich's wallet that always helps me  :laugh: :laugh:

Sending you hugs my friend 🤗❤️

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Thank you!  Hugs 🤗 back to u! 

I made a mistake Jasmine. .01 mg/day= 90 days not 60 days. Yes 60 BPM is pretty low but still normal. L-thinene is known to help in the production of gaba and counteract glutamate. It's found in tea. You may want to just add one thing and if you find you tolerate it gradually add other supplements. 20 K for IV treatments? That sounds really expensive.

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Anywho, peace to all of you lovely people ✌🏻 .. 🙋‍♀️❤️

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi - yes I have always been a west coast girl.  But I’ve lived in St Thomas US Virgin Islands for a time.  Otherwise always lived in CA.  Northern and Southern.  Our weather is good but it’s hot.  Dry heat.  I think our beaches are still closed.  Not sure on that.  Night time is a good time to go for a walk. 

I bet your house is charming.  I like that style too.  Yes, no patience for Wal-Mart And it’s a panic attack waiting to happen.  I end up spending too much money at Target and I do love TJ Max and Marshall’s.

We have a Hobby Lobby here and a Homegoods.  Oh gosh I miss shopping.  I miss being normal.  I am so happy for you that you got to feel normal again today.  What a gift 💝

Have a good night

Meems

I’m a Cali girl born and raised. It’s so, SO hot where I live (north of Sac). 100+ degrees for weeks now. I empathize. 😂😭 if you don’t mind my asking, where in NorCal did you live (you of course do not have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable ❤️).

Hi Kit,

I lived in Santa Cruz, San Mateo and San Jose.  I liked living in San Mateo cause it was close enough to San Francisco and I loved the San Francisco Bay and the fog rolling in every day.  Santa Cruz was nice but too slow for me.  Sacramento must be so hot.  That’s very inland and dry.  I have a cousin in Sacramento.  I went there once. 

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi - yes I have always been a west coast girl.  But I’ve lived in St Thomas US Virgin Islands for a time.  Otherwise always lived in CA.  Northern and Southern.  Our weather is good but it’s hot.  Dry heat.  I think our beaches are still closed.  Not sure on that.  Night time is a good time to go for a walk. 

I bet your house is charming.  I like that style too.  Yes, no patience for Wal-Mart And it’s a panic attack waiting to happen.  I end up spending too much money at Target and I do love TJ Max and Marshall’s.

We have a Hobby Lobby here and a Homegoods.  Oh gosh I miss shopping.  I miss being normal.  I am so happy for you that you got to feel normal again today.  What a gift 💝

Have a good night

Meems

I’m a Cali girl born and raised. It’s so, SO hot where I live (north of Sac). 100+ degrees for weeks now. I empathize. 😂😭 if you don’t mind my asking, where in NorCal did you live (you of course do not have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable ❤️).

Kitsune my bf lives in Grass Valley.. I just got back form there and it was roasting!!!!!  So glad to be  back to the ocean air.

🤗

Meems

Have a good night

Meems

Kitsune my bf lives in Grass Valley.. I just got back form there and it was roasting!!!!!  So glad to be  back to the ocean air.

I bet! Grass Valley’s weather is pretty similar to mine. I could really use some ocean air right now. I haven’t been to the ocean in two years. 😢

I made a mistake Jasmine. .01 mg/day= 90 days not 60 days. Yes 60 BPM is pretty low but still normal. L-thinene is known to help in the production of gaba and counteract glutamate. It's found in tea. You may want to just add one thing and if you find you tolerate it gradually add other supplements. 20 K for IV treatments? That sounds really expensive.

She will come to see me tomorrow. She has been on benzo for 10 years now. She doesn't want to get off the sleeping pills

She works in a high executive position in the entertainment industry. She needs to stay functional,  plus she is single so no one to rely on. She doesn't like BB , too many fear mongering posts she thinks.

JwL, when you stabilize,  did you still have daily panice attack?

I am doing much better today.  15 days of re. Instatement.  Most symptoms gone, except the daily panic. SpecI ally at 3am. I an trying to accept to be back on valium. The lexapro helps, less crying aND obsession.

If the NAD iv work, I will give it a try.

Girls,

I libed in Berkeley,  San mateo, San Francisco  for 10 years before moving to Michigan. I loved driving the road 1 along the cost of Santa cruz. That was another life before benzo withdrawal.  With my husband we moved from.France to CA for his PHD. We have been married 25 years.

Is 2 weeks in of stabilization early? I am still.dizzy and very weak. Did you feel weak at 9mg of valium?

Good news is that I can nap

Is 2 weeks in of stabilization early? I am still.dizzy and very weak. Did you feel weak at 9mg of valium?

Yes, two weeks is so early. It can take a while. You had a setback and I imagine you might be a little traumatized from it (I would be). You are going to get better, you just have to stay the course and stabilize.

Yes 2 weeks is early but you are getting better.  A good long hold should help with the sxs.  I held for 5 months (Which May not even been long enough) and I was about 95% stable.  You can nap, so the rest you are getting, is helping your brain and body.  My sxs did not go away right away when I started my hold.  It was day to day and things started improving.  Easy does it.  Try and get your mind of this. I know it’s hard.  But DISTRACTION is key.  I know panic attacks, dizziness, etc are scary.  One of the breakthroughs I have gotten with sxs was the day I was in line at CVS one day.  I get so nervous And panicked in lines.  Well, one day I just surrendered and said to myself, “if I collapse and they call the ambulance then so be it.  At least I’ll be treated by a bunch of really hot hunk of firemen paramedics 🚒”. 😁😁😁😁

Meems

Yes 2 weeks is early but you are getting better.  A good long hold should help with the sxs.  I held for 5 months (Which May not even been long enough) and I was about 95% stable.  You can nap, so the rest you are getting, is helping your brain and body.  My sxs did not go away right away when I started my hold.  It was day to day and things started improving.  Easy does it.  Try and get your mind of this. I know it’s hard.  But DISTRACTION is key.  I know panic attacks, dizziness, etc are scary.  One of the breakthroughs I have gotten with sxs was the day I was in line at CVS one day.  I get so nervous And panicked in lines.  Well, one day I just surrendered and said to myself, “if I collapse and they call the ambulance then so be it.  At least I’ll be treated by a bunch of really hot hunk of firemen paramedics 🚒”. 😁😁😁😁

Meems

I wanna be rescued by hunky firemen and paramedics! 😂😂😂

Jasmine,

Yes, when I was in bad shape (after my CT and too rapid taper) I had daily panic attacks. Like I told Meems, I couldn't go to big stores and for a time I wouldn't even go outside. I just paced and paced all day. 2 weeks is not very long to stabilize. It took me 1 year after my CT and 6 months after my too rapid taper. I don't think I've had NAD IVs unless it was part of a multi-vitamin mixture. Does your sister know that sleeping pills like Ambien are benzos?

Your weakness is not from the Valium it's from WD (common symptom).

You may not notice but you're sounding better and better every day

Jasmine,

THIS!! Jasmine, you really do sound like you’re doing better. It’s evident in your words. Even if you don’t feel well. I’ve noticed this with a lot of people who post here in a bad spot and as they continue to post you can see the progression and improvements in what they post.

Jasmine,

Yes, when I was in bad shape (after my CT and too rapid taper) I had daily panic attacks. Like I told Meems, I couldn't go to big stores and for a time I wouldn't even go outside. I just paced and paced all day. 2 weeks is not very long to stabilize. It took me 1 year after my CT and 6 months after my too rapid taper. I don't think I've had NAD IVs unless it was part of a multi-vitamin mixture. Does your sister know that sleeping pills like Ambien are benzos?

Your weakness is not from the Valium it's from WD (common symptom).

Thank you guys, you are real gem.

All of you.

So today, I woke up and didn't cry at the idea of being back on valium. The NAD treatment gave me hope. But I am severely kindled...so...

Well, like my hubny said "just don't think about it now, try to rest and manage your symptoms " this morning I took 20mg of proponolol and 2mg of valium, I thought "heck, what the worst can happen? , that I wouldn't wake up?".

Today I feEl very tired, my BP is 100/70 and 57 of heart rate I can walk one lap but had to sit down.

I managed to do the laundry though.

My sister from LA is flying in tomorrow night and yes she knows that sleeping pills,are benzo but she doesn't care.

She has high tolerance unlike me. She likes her pills very much. She dated a guy who was senior exec of thousand people and has been on klonopin for 19 years, with ad and painkiller, super functional, he write scripts for netflix.

I consulred a fortune teller who told me that I will be off in 6 months, I thought... "right:(" unless I want to end up with a brain damage.

Seriously if I can be at 95 per cent I wouldn't mind being on it for years. WTH.

I just want to have a pain free taper if that is even possible.

My husband grand father was on valium all his life for distonia and was doing fine until.his death. My husband uncle is on 2.5mg of ativan for 38 years and doing great. He is 85. Go skying and all.

I just don't want to suffer like I did for the last 3 months . Not worth it unless valium turn on me and give me constant panic attack.

Meems

I wanna be rescued by hunky firemen and paramedics! 😂😂😂

You are right, it is so hard to distract.

My husband put me a funny comedy on hbo called insecured. And I was so down. All those people with normal body and brain,  I was so envious. I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Jasmine,

I was highly functional on pain killers, benzos, and sleeping pills. I would probably still be on them if my idiot doc didn't abruptly quit prescribing Vicodin (he was being investigated). No other doc would give me any so I had to CT. Looking back I feel it was the best thing for me. It caused me to look seriously at these meds that docs give out like candy. It's true that some people seem do do fine on benzos for years but it's been proven that they change your brain cells and chemistry. To me it wasn't worth the risk but I thought I could just quit and found it's harder than opioids. With Vicodin I went through a month of severe WDs but then it got better. With Valium, it just got worst. I was so thankful when I found BB and realized this is serious business and it needs to be tapered gradually. I know it would be tempting just to stay on it for the rest of your life but looking back I think you'll be glad you didn't.

BTW there's no reason your taper should have any pain

Jasmine,

I was highly functional on pain killers, benzos, and sleeping pills. I would probably be on them if my idoit doc didn't abruptly quit prescribing Vicodin (he was being investigated). No other doc would give me any so I had to CT. Looking back I feel it was the best thing for me. I caused me to look seriously at these meds that docs give out like candy. It's true that some people seem do do fine on benzos for years but it's been proven that they change your brain cells and chemistry. To me it wasn't worth the risk but I thought I could just quit and found it's harder than opioids. With Vicodin I went through a month of severe WDs but then it got better. With Valium, it just got worst. I was so thankful when I found BB and realized this is serious business and it needs to be tapered gradually. I know it would be tempting just to stay on it for the rest of your life but looking back I think you'll be glad you didn't.

JWL,

again your posts are always encouraging.

i guess right now, i have so much fear. i still have night time panic attacks which i tempering with the betablocker.

my last DMT was painful and it was only from 4mg of V, that is why i was thinking that this time might be worse with teh kindling. but maybe god will have mercy on me.

Jasmine,

I was highly functional on pain killers, benzos, and sleeping pills. I would probably be on them if my idoit doc didn't abruptly quit prescribing Vicodin (he was being investigated). No other doc would give me any so I had to CT. Looking back I feel it was the best thing for me. I caused me to look seriously at these meds that docs give out like candy. It's true that some people seem do do fine on benzos for years but it's been proven that they change your brain cells and chemistry. To me it wasn't worth the risk but I thought I could just quit and found it's harder than opioids. With Vicodin I went through a month of severe WDs but then it got better. With Valium, it just got worst. I was so thankful when I found BB and realized this is serious business and it needs to be tapered gradually. I know it would be tempting just to stay on it for the rest of your life but looking back I think you'll be glad you didn't.

JWL,

i guess right now, i have so much fear. i still have night time panic attacks which i tempering with the betablocker.

my last DMT was painful and it was only from 4mg of V, that is why i was thinking that this time might be worse with teh kindling. but maybe god will have mercy on me.

Hi jasmine,

Have your read this post, it explains why we have fear, I hope it helps you understand this is a condition caused by the drug.  What is happening in your brain

Hey hope everyone is doing ok. sorry i havent checked in in a while. work has been crazy busy and im exhausted in off time lol hope everyone is hanging in there! one moment at a time .  :thumbsup:

Blkhawk,

I won't and would never ask where you live but I can't help notice your handle bc my husband is an aircraft mechanic and works on Blackhawks for the military. Just wondering if you are familiar with those but please don't answer that question if you're not comfortable doing so. I realize we all have to protect our identity here.

Trishy :)

No stress trishy. My name is actually from the hockey team Chicago Blackhawks . im from Canada though. Just a huge fan of team . thats awesome that your husband works on those. all the best :smitten:

Ahhhh mystery solved!  ;)

I love Canada have only been to Niagra falls and would love to get back there someday. I want to go to Prince Edward island. I know Canada is enormous but I definitely would love to see more of it one day. I love Justin Trudeau  :D wish we had him for our president here in the US. We have a moron but that's all I'll say about that  ;)

Nice to have you here blckhawk :)

haha well atleast trump is entertaining haha . good to be here !

all the best everyone

Guys

It is me again.  I was able to sleep 7 hours straight with 5mg of valium. A giant dose for my 107lbs body. But woke up shaking like a leaf. I took 2 beta blockers and 2mg of valium to calm down.

Once you are stabilized do you have daily morning panic like this?

Jasmine,

JWL,

Hi jasmine,

Have your read this post, it explains why we have fear, I hope it helps you understand this is a condition caused by the drug.  What is happening in your brain

Pamstee. I know too well this writing. But didn't Cater reinstated?

Guys

It is me again.  I was able to sleep 7 hours straight with 5mg of valium. A giant dose for my 107lbs body. But woke up shaking like a leaf. I took 2 beta blockers and 2mg of valium to calm down.

Once you are stabilized do you have daily morning panic like this?

7 hours of sleep is great. No, you shouldn't have morning panic attacks once you stabilize.

Careful with the beta blockers. Your BP and heart rate seem low to me. It's good you're monitoring it regularly. What does your doc think?

This is a good example of the difference between traditional docs and functional docs. A traditional doc says: "you're having panic attacks and your BP is going up so let's lower it." A functional doc says: "lets find out why your adrenal gland is producing so much cortisol and adrenaline and treat it".

I'm not telling you to change docs (or to quit taking beta blockers) especially if he's a benzo wise doc, but it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion and tackle the problem using both approaches.

Jasmine,

JWL,

Hi jasmine,

Pamstee. I know too well this writing. But didn't Cater reinstated?

It's my understanding she did reinstate well after recovering from her initial benzo withdrawal due to serious hormone issues.  Her reinstatement has nothing to do with the validity of her contributions to the forum.  She made a reasoned and educated decision to go back to a small dose, something we all have the freedom to do without judgement from others. 

[7e...]