Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey hope everyone is doing ok. sorry i havent checked in in a while. work has been crazy busy and im exhausted in off time lol hope everyone is hanging in there! one moment at a time .  :thumbsup:

Blkhawk,

I won't and would never ask where you live but I can't help notice your handle bc my husband is an aircraft mechanic and works on Blackhawks for the military. Just wondering if you are familiar with those but please don't answer that question if you're not comfortable doing so. I realize we all have to protect our identity here.

Trishy :)

Hey Trishy - feel free to come on over and paint my house and redecorate.  😂

Olive - I am so glad you are doing good.  I could sure use the Santa Cruz ocean right now.  I didn’t care too much living there, it was too slow for me but I sure loved the peaceful ocean.  I would love to taper by the water. 

Jasmine- hope your day is getting better.  Hang in there. 

I got to figure out what I’m gonna eat for dinner.  I have no energy to cook.

Hey Meeeeeeeeeeem's!  :D Pick out your colors girl and I'll be over :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Mary! I hope the drilling ends soon for you, that sounds miserable.

Hi Meems! Yes, the ocean is nice. I actually live in the mountains but it’s only about 5 miles from town so I go to the beach often to walk. Of course with Covid I stayed home for like 3 months but now I have been venturing out.

Oh and Trishy I think our LHSG song should be Bohemian Rhapsody (oh mama Mia mama Mia mama Mia let me go..) 😆😆

Stut, I’ve been thinking of you. Are you still hosting your sweet friend? Thinking of you all and hope you are feeling some peace.

Olive!! You read that post of mine and took the time to answer!! And that humor didn't get lost on me either , MAMA MIA!! You're the bomb. Com :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hello kids! I'm thinking of dry micro tapering for a few days just to eek down a tad bit more. Here's what I'm thinking. The current weight of my tapered pill is 112  so I'm thinking I'll go to 111 tonight and then tomorrow 110 etc.. dropping by 1 digit in weight everyday for a few days. Good idea or no?? Anybody? I hope the above mentioned is dry micro?? IDK but that's what ima gonna do!

Trisssssshhhhhyyyyyy ..  :laugh: :laugh:

How are you feeling right now?  You feeling pretty stable?

;DAlways the best question to ask our Trishy  :laugh:

Ok you're side splitting funny here Mary  ;)

I couldn't help myself Trishy  :laugh:  :D

I wouldn't have you be any other way.  ;):)

Omg, I am a busy bee. I was cleaning today and then decided I would paint some trim in the house!  :D Usually, that's all Rich and not me. I am determined now to fix any flaws in the house :laugh: :laugh: I think I'm going to buy new living room furniture and paint that room too! :D I can't take this virus news any more so I'm going to distract my brains out by painting, crafting, re decorating  :D  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: poor Rich's wallet is going to take quite a hit!  :laugh: I think I'll paint the wainscoting in the bathroom too while I'm at it.. how's all that for distraction?!  :laugh: :laugh:

How was your day?  :laugh:

TT,  :D:crazy:❤️

Oh girlfriend, I wish I felt that good, that would be wonderful.  I am always jealous of how well you do when holding.  I am not watching as much news either.  I do watch my evening local news and then David Muir.  That keeps me caught up well enough.    ;) ;).  Love ya, have a good time using up Rich's wallet  :D;D

I'm just taking advantage of the energy while it lasts girlfriend bc you know at any moment that can disappear.

Good limit the news it will only drag you down as you already know.

Rich's wallet isn't on fire yet but it's starting to smolder  :laugh: :laugh:

Love ya,

TT❤️

Hi Mary,and all,

Thanks for your reply. So, you’re in Texas! Well, I’m in Los Angeles California and we are right beside you on the charts of virus case!  Not controlled much at all. Very scary. I am a teacher and I will NOT GO INTO THE CLASSROOM AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  L.A.schools are going 100% to distant learning, but I teach in a private school and they are trying to get an exemption!  So with me, everything right now is in limbo. I hope I have a job in Sept.!

Take care! Ihope your taper goes smoothly in the days ahead.

Heathcliff

Hey hope everyone is doing ok. sorry i havent checked in in a while. work has been crazy busy and im exhausted in off time lol hope everyone is hanging in there! one moment at a time .  :thumbsup:

Well done honey.You are definitely doing well working and you should be very proud of yourself.Hopefully the hold will help you feel better as time passes.love you.X

. Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish when is the cut? Don't delay if you are going to cut just do it.l would seriously considering a microtaper with a short life benzo it makes sense to me.Come and paint here honey l need at least three rooms spruced up and you know you would do anything for your twiny 😍. You are doing everything right honey acceptance and distraction are the tools needed to get off this crap.Love you my lST X

Morning Olive thank you for asking my little friend is okish well as ok as anyone could be.l think l am able to see when she needs to let it out and when she needs space.It seems to be working so far.l am delighted you are enjoying yourself my lovely you have earned it.l think also you must do what you think is right for you there will always be problems however life is short so do it regardless.l have always regretted more what l didn't do rather than the things l did.So go and grab life by the throat.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary, Meems,Suzy,Val,JWL,Kits,Gp, Ginger NJ Free Nova Esperanza Intend Gilly Valley Troch and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hello twinny!!

I have reduced my pill in weight by 2 digits. It was 112 now I'm taking 110 and will probably continue like this until I reach 97 in pill weight that will bring me to 3/4 of a pill. Now that's just one of the 4 pills I'm on. I will have to get rid of the whole pill to get me to .75 mgs .. you understand what I just said right? You understand Trishy speak or twinny speak right  :laugh: :laugh:

I'll be over to spruce it up for you in two shakes of a paint brush :laugh: :laugh: anything for you!  :D

Love you much!

LST❤️

Hello long hold support group,

My name on this forum is Heathcliff.

I have not been active since sometime last November.

I read the forum posts from time to time but do not respond  much. Busy life just gets in the way.

And I can tell by the responses that I read here, that you are all getting the best advice I see out there and that I couldn’t really improve upon it. I know how frightened you are and how awfully sick and hopeless you feel. But honestly, if you listen to the advice here, no matter how sick you feel, and if you belíeve that there is hope, YOU CAN AND WELL GET THROUGH THIS. Everything I know,, every bit of advice that saved me came from THE LONG HOLD SUPPORT GROUP  and , at the very end, from the valium micro tapering support groups.

Anyway, today something just got to my heart. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s this awful pandemic that has gotten everybody crazed. And in many cases I am so bored that I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore. But I feel the need to respond.

I have been free from Valium since October 27, 2019. That’s 9 months. I am completely healed. No side effects or withdrawals remain. I have NO lasting  paratheias ( and I had on going terrible long lasting ones), I have no more shakes, no more waking up with frightening, overwhelming anxiety, no more depression, no heart palpitations, NO gOd help me fatigue,  no worrying about my future or if this suffering will ever end.

It’s as if the past almost four years of withdrawal never happened!

And ,oh yes, I was in such dispair that I even thought of taking the gun that is in the closet and ending it all. Thank god I didn’t do that.  (DONT DO THAT!) But I want you who are reading this to know just how miserable, lost and without hope I was.

I want you all to really know that you too can get through this!

I am. now 75 years old. I started my withdrawal at 69. I’m not an old bitty. I am a strong and healthy “young “ 74 year old. I don’t look or act my age. People can’t believe how old I am! My doctors said I did not need to get off this drug. They didn’t believe I was dependent. They didn’t believe or understand what I was going through.. I think they just didn’t know what to do with me or how to help me.

But this forum saved my life.

My message to you is....Please believe the advice you are getting from all you peers here on this sight. They are not gods, of course, But They are either going through the same things you are going through or they have been there and survived. I believe they are the closest thing to experts that you will ever find!

Here are just Avery few things I think I should add that were helpful to know, and helped me through my taper.

Yes, Long holds work

After a hoLd, you STILL HAVE TO CUT YOUR DOSES BY TINY AMOUNTS.

Using a LIQUID valium makes it easier to cut doses my decimal percentages

I FOUND THAT I HAD TO USE MICRO CUTS.  I used ROXANE LIQUID DIAZEPAM

Once I got under 1 mg, I started DAILY liquid micro taper..

That last 1 mg took a whole year! It took the longest  and it seemed like I was going nowhere, but it saved my from side effects.  I got no wdsx that last year.... but.  Don’t let it fool you! YOU ARE NOT HEALED JUST BECAUSE YIU HAVE no side EFFECTS. IT ONLY MEANS YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR BRAIN, YOUR CNS, time TO responsible CATCH UP AND BECOME STABLE. YOU STILL MUST TAPER THAT LAST MG SLOWLY.

I tapered with a solution of 10:1 but I only reduced  .005 every day. Sometimes by only .002 Sometimes I held the dose for two days before I reduced again.

POINT IS. REDUCING BY SUCH A TINY DOSE SEEMS LIKE YIU ARE GOING NOWHERE.....  BUT YOU ARE! and you WILL GET THERE...AND YOU WILL BE FINE, WITH NO WDS WHILE YOU ARE GETTING THERE!

Go slow, go slow go slow. Reduce your dose tiny, tiny, tiny!

ONE MORE THING...THIS IS A PERSONAL DECISION. 

I GOT ENCOURAGEMENT FROM A WONDERFUL PSYCH DOCTOR. ONLY ENCOURAGEMENT AND TIME TO RELECT.  BUT ...I DECLINED EVERY SNGLE ONE OF THE DRUGS HE OFFERED TO HELP GET ME THROUGH MY WITHDRAWAL WHEN I REALIZED THAT THEY TOO WERE ADDICTIVE.

(I ACTUALLY  DID TRY ONE FOR SLEEP, BUT I GOT OFF OF IT IMMEDIATELY WHEN I READ IT WAS ADDICTING)

I DID NOT TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENTS OTHER THAN MELATONIN AND I DRANK GREEN TEA.

I WISH YOU ALL LOTS OF STRENGTH AND DETERMINATION AND PERSEVERANCE TO GET THROUGH THIS. IT WONT BE EASY, BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

DON’T  LISTEn TO NEGATIVE STORIES, THEY HAVE NO VALUE AND THEY WILL ONLY SCARE YOU.BESIDES They  ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN SO WHY LET THEM SCARE YOU.

BE BRAVE. IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!!

HEATHCLIFF

Oh so good to see you here and such a good post for all of us.  Yes, I think the virus is making us all a little crazy, I know my anxiety is higher, I am in San Antonio, TX , ugh!  Thank you so much for your visit.  It's wonderful to hear how great you feel.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼💜🙏😘😷💜😘😷

Hi Heath,

I agree with Mary, good to see you and great post. We need these encouraging posts from all the people who have blazed the trail. I can't speak for everyone but that post was encouraging to me. It gives me the will to keep going.

So glad you dropped in.

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️

Blkhawk,

I won't and would never ask where you live but I can't help notice your handle bc my husband is an aircraft mechanic and works on Blackhawks for the military. Just wondering if you are familiar with those but please don't answer that question if you're not comfortable doing so. I realize we all have to protect our identity here.

I was thinking maybe they’re a hockey fan.  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Stut,

i haven't seen any success stories with the parastesia and burning. that is why i am very worried. :(

did any of you had it before the long hold?

sleep was better last night.

my sister from California will come live with us to help me.

There are lots of people who have the parathesia and burning and go on to heal. For me it comes and goes, but now that I’m holding my dose it’s gotten so much better! It will get better for you too, it’s just going to take time. I’m so glad your sister is coming to help you. Family is such a wonderful thing to have in this journey. My sister has helped me so much through my taper (she’s a clinical social worker). I hope things improve for you soon. ❤️❤️❤️

Blkhawk,

I was thinking maybe they’re a hockey fan.  :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe he'll tell us and we'll find out  :laugh: :laugh:

GOOD NIGHT LHSG PEACE MY PEOPLE❤️

MARY... YOU KNOW 👑 ☘️🇮🇪 ABOUT 4 Ft TALL AND A FORCE  ;)

TWINNY LOVE YOU! 😴

Thanks for the post Heath. It gave me a lot of hope as I'm getting up there in age too (65).

Since my wave, I noticed my gut is kinda pouching out. Is this what's referred to as a benzo belly? It's not like I'm gaining weight but more like I'm losing muscle tone. My abdomen is not as tight as it should be.

Hey Meems, a day without a coke is like a day without sunshine. Just kidding, sugar and refined carbs are really not good for us. Our brains need ketones (from protein) for optimal health. Insulin resistance is another problem that can come from high carbs. That's not to say I won't reward myself with a Coke every once in awhile. Have you had Sonic's Coke with strawberries and real cream? So good! >:D

Hi Mary,and all,

Thanks for your reply. So, you’re in Texas! Well, I’m in Los Angeles California and we are right beside you on the charts of virus case!  Not controlled much at all. Very scary. I am a teacher and I will NOT GO INTO THE CLASSROOM AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  L.A.schools are going 100% to distant learning, but I teach in a private school and they are trying to get an exemption!  So with me, everything right now is in limbo. I hope I have a job in Sept.!

Heathcliff

Hi Heath old buddy old pal!!!  :hug: Long time no see but for the right reasons  :) Thanks for dropping in to help out, love and miss you loads  :-*  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Mary,and all,

Heathcliff

. Morning Heath welcome back honey you are missed around here.Thank you for the positive post you deserve every success that comes your way.l know you have had a few bumps in the road since you finished your taper however you got through them and kept your nerve.l hope you get back to work soon honey have to say most of my family are teachers and they can't wait to retire 😂.My mother would have worked up until the end if she had got the opportunity.She absolutely loved her job.

Don't forget us Heath and drop in anytime always good to see you my love.love you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish good for you honey now don't be doing another cut too soon please.l know you you tend to get ahead of yourself.l want you to be patient and not get yourself into difficulty.I have the paint ready and waiting honey so get your big fat ass over here 😉.l hope my new great nephew is doing well?How is your sister after the hospital is she doing ok?Now try to stay calm honey you will be grand.love you my lST X

. Morning Troch we have been here before honey and you got through it and you will again.l know you are probably feeling deflated honey but if this wasn't so hard none of us would be here.We must use every tool we have and be patient.You can and will get through this.Hang in there.love you.X

Morning Meems glad you didn't get into any arguements yesterday it really isn't worth the hassle.l hope are feeling better honey? love you.X

Morning Boo how is your mum now honey?l hope she is communicating with you.Look after yourself as well honey.love you.X

Morning JWL l have to say l have never heard of a functional doctor until l came to this forum.ls the treatment helping?Can l ask how did you come to suffer so many concussions? love you.X

Morning GP,Free, Lady Mary, Intend Blk Gilly Valley Val NJ Nova Ginger Esperanza Suzy Blw, Olive and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning Jasmine have to say honey no one here can tell the future and here's the thing neither can you.Now stop trying to scare yourself please.Remember we are all feeling vulnerable so please be mindful of what you post in this support group.l am so glad your sister will be coming to help you that should help.Now just be patient and remember this will pass.love you.X

Jasmine, I think it's better if you stop looking for the worst possible outcomes. There's a thread somewhere in the forums : "the power of positive thinking". It's more useful IMO.

Hi everyone, hope you all get more windows.

Hi Suzy, I hope you're getting that tooth fixed. I'm so sorry for that.

Hi v!

I got it pulled yesterday! Sooo scary. It was a molar. I let it go too long anyway it's my own fault. I was scared the novacaine would mess me up but it didnt. I hope your pain is letting up some. Mine is on and off. Trying to stay away from ibupropin. I was but yesterday I caved. Ugh. Ly Suzy

Hi v!

I got it pulled yesterday! Sooo scary. It was a molar. I let it go too long anyway it's my own fault. I was scared the novacaine would mess me up but it didnt. I hope your pain is letting up some. Mine is on and off. Trying to stay away from ibupropin. I was but yesterday I caved. Ugh. Ly Suzy

Hey Suzy!

I got a molar pulled out five years ago. It broke too! There's the hole. I won't put an implant until I finish tapering, and if I have to stay on Valium well the hole will stay too. I'm glad you got it over with.

The pain sucks but lately the anxiety is worse. It's really bad. I'll just wait to see if it subsides. At this rate I'll never be able to cut.

I'm a great ibuprofen addict and frankly I don't care.

Is your mouth hurting less now?

Morning Stut. My concussions were from car accidents. I think functional docs and integrative docs are used interchangeability. Most traditional docs treat symptoms whereas they try to find the underlying cause of those symptoms. I can't tell you how many tests I had done. The most important one for me was metabolic: amino acid, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals...all the building blocks that keep the various cycles (including methylation) functioning. My GI test showed that I had gut dysbiosis (not enough of the right bacteria) and candida (yeast) so that had to be treated. I also had a high level of Epstein Bar virus. My genetic test confirmed a lot of things about me that I didn't understand. For instance I could never tolerate dairy. I found that genetically speaking I don't do good with staurated fats ( animal fats, dairy) so I switched to a Mediterranean diet (without the pasta of course): fish, olive oil, nuts. It was a long (and expensive) journey  but I'm glad I took it.

I'm glad you got your tooth taken care of D. I should have had mind pulled a month ago but I want to try to save it. Good news about the novacaine not sending you into a wave as I'm sure they'll be using it on me.

[aa...]