The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning Jasmine. You sound better today. Wonderful that the burning sensation is gone and you were able to take a nap. That's one thing I can't do. No I don't drink coffee but I drink tea. I don't remember how long it took to taper as I lost my profile when I returned to BB. I had to re-do it from memory and I got some things wrong. But as you can see, I've been tapering for 6 years including my 1 year hold after my CT and my 2 year hold to address my health. I think when I got to around 5 mgs I started a daily micro taper (.01 mgs/day). So we're talking about 60 days to taper 1 mg. I plan on slowing it way down on my last 1 mg. You really shouldn't be concerning yourself with tapering just now. Concentrate on holding and stabilizing. I can say from experience, if you don't find a good baseline that's relatively free of sxs your taper will be hard.

JWL,

i had a nap this morning, took a shower (haven't done that in 2 days), took my daughter to the store and got her ice scream, taught her how to knit, cleaned the house, pick up my son from the daycare.

a day ago, i couldn't get out of my bed.

i guess, it is really one day at a time.

It really is Jasmine  ;).  Glad you had a good day  :D

Congratulations Mary for being in the 7's.  I know you've fought for every bit of it.  G.  :yippee:

Thank you so much GM  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Anywho, peace to all of you lovely people ✌🏻 .. 🙋‍♀️❤️

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi - yes I have always been a west coast girl.  But I’ve lived in St Thomas US Virgin Islands for a time.  Otherwise always lived in CA.  Northern and Southern.  Our weather is good but it’s hot.  Dry heat.  I think our beaches are still closed.  Not sure on that.  Night time is a good time to go for a walk. 

I bet your house is charming.  I like that style too.  Yes, no patience for Wal-Mart And it’s a panic attack waiting to happen.  I end up spending too much money at Target and I do love TJ Max and Marshall’s.

We have a Hobby Lobby here and a Homegoods.  Oh gosh I miss shopping.  I miss being normal.  I am so happy for you that you got to feel normal again today.  What a gift 💝

Have a good night

Meems

Hey Olive, did you find that getting your health in order helped with your taper?

Hey Jwl,

Yes, I did for sure. Actually when I really hit rock bottom in 2017 I started seeing a naturopath who was also a prescriber, so I switched my prescription to him and he started helping me with my taper, as well as putting me on a bunch of nutritional supplements. He also had me doing vitamin IV's which really saved me! He also suggested a lot of medications to try, almost all of which I refused. He was great, but there is a tendency for doctors to want to help alleviate symptoms through new prescriptions and I was terrified to go dow that route. I'm grateful that I was, otherwise I would probably still be on a bunch of RX's. Anyway, I didn't start seeing a functional dr until I was in my long hold at 2mg, and I'm sure it was a combo of the new protocols and the long hold that really helped me push into the healing phase.

I did those IVs too. At first they sent me into a wave (especially the B vits), but after I rode it out they really helped. Could I ask what supplements you're on now?

The Myer's Cocktail IV instantly made me feel better, in fact, I had my first 2 day window after doing it the first time. I think it was the magnesium. Anyway, that was 3 years ago. Now I am on:

Multivitamin

Vitamin D

Magnesium Glycinate

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B12

Holozymes digestive enzyme

L-Glutamine

Zinc

L-Tryptophan

L-Tyrosine occasionally

MegaGuard (DGL and ginger) when needed for heartburn

Liposomal Vitamin C

Probiotics

Floradix liquid iron

Covid support:

NAC

Selenium

Stamets 7 mushroom immune blend

I was on Omeprazole for acid reflux and I have gotten completely off of it, hallelujah! I was also on Promethazine for nausea and I am off that too!

I know many people do not believe that supplements will help them, or they are so sensitive to them that they put them in a wave, but not me. I truly believe that they helped me so much throughout my taper. I am so grateful that I found my naturopaths and then my FM dr to help me navigate the wide world of supplements. I had all sorts of testing done and found that I was EXTREMELY deficient in Vitamin D, all the B's, and Zinc. Just taking those helped me immensely.

How about you?

Thanks ok! I'm just glad it's done. I feel like an ibupropin addict. I was counting the days I didnt have one. I could have gotten my 24 hour chip if it was a drink! Lol. Glad you are feeling well!

Hope your still in a somewhat window meems. I just kind of rested today. Maybe e I'll walk tomorrow. I've been m lazy with the wicked hot humid days!` hehe

Hi v, I hope your ok. I hope the anxiety is letting up. Mine is on and off.  ❤🙏😻

Hope everyone else is ok. ✌

Nice to see you here Gingermint!

Mary, you got to 7!!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: We were waiting for this!!! Who was that pickle ball person? I remember at the bottom of her signature it said 'pickle ball is good for your health!' I always thought that was cute.

Meems, you will get to the freeways. I totally thought I was going to have freeway anxiety forever and it FINALLY went away, just in the last 6 months.

Jasmine, I used to find it hard to shower, I know Mary did/does too and GP. I think it's a w/d thing. Great job for doing it!

Trishy I'm so glad  you got some shopping in! I need a fun day of shopping.

Ok night everyone.

Thanks ok! I'm just glad it's done. I feel like an ibupropin addict. I was counting the days I didnt have one. I could have gotten my 24 hour chip if it was a drink! Lol. Glad you are feeling well!

Hope your still in a somewhat window meems. I just kind of rested today. Maybe e I'll walk tomorrow. I've been m lazy with the wicked hot humid days!` hehe

Hi v, I hope your ok. I hope the anxiety is letting up. Mine is on and off.  ❤🙏😻

Hope everyone else is ok. ✌

That’s funny about a 24 hr chip, if ibuprofen was a drink.  Ha ha. 

I am ok-kind of.  Felt a little lightheaded getting up fast from the bed a little while ago.  Dizziness is one of my “scary” sxs.  I have scary sxs and unbearable ones and sucky ones and tolerable ones.  You know, the whole range.  Ugh.  So I’m just chilling.  But I gotta make some dinner.  Don’t want to go to bed in a couple hours with no good.  😔 🙏

Good morning Jasmine. You sound better today. Wonderful that the burning sensation is gone and you were able to take a nap. That's one thing I can't do. No I don't drink coffee but I drink tea. I don't remember how long it took to taper as I lost my profile when I returned to BB. I had to re-do it from memory and I got some things wrong. But as you can see, I've been tapering for 6 years including my 1 year hold after my CT and my 2 year hold to address my health. I think when I got to around 5 mgs I started a daily micro taper (.01 mgs/day). So we're talking about 60 days to taper 1 mg. I plan on slowing it way down on my last 1 mg. You really shouldn't be concerning yourself with tapering just now. Concentrate on holding and stabilizing. I can say from experience, if you don't find a good baseline that's relatively free of sxs your taper will be hard.

JWL,

i had a nap this morning, took a shower (haven't done that in 2 days), took my daughter to the store and got her ice scream, taught her how to knit, cleaned the house, pick up my son from the daycare.

That's great Jasmine. Just a suggestion, you might want to keep a journal of your good days/windows to remind you on bad days that you are stabilizing. I know when I get hit and fall into despair I seem to forget the good days. Very nice you got to spend time with your kids. That's the best therapy anyone can have.

Hey Olive, did you find that getting your health in order helped with your taper?

Hey Jwl,

Yes, I did for sure. Actually when I really hit rock bottom in 2017 I started seeing a naturopath who was also a prescriber, so I switched my prescription to him and he started helping me with my taper, as well as putting me on a bunch of nutritional supplements. He also had me doing vitamin IV's which really saved me! He also suggested a lot of medications to try, almost all of which I refused. He was great, but there is a tendency for doctors to want to help alleviate symptoms through new prescriptions and I was terrified to go dow that route. I'm grateful that I was, otherwise I would probably still be on a bunch of RX's. Anyway, I didn't start seeing a functional dr until I was in my long hold at 2mg, and I'm sure it was a combo of the new protocols and the long hold that really helped me push into the healing phase.

I did those IVs too. At first they sent me into a wave (especially the B vits), but after I rode it out they really helped. Could I ask what supplements you're on now?

The Myer's Cocktail IV instantly made me feel better, in fact, I had my first 2 day window after doing it the first time. I think it was the magnesium. Anyway, that was 3 years ago. Now I am on:

Multivitamin

Vitamin D

Magnesium Glycinate

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B12

L-Glutamine

Zinc

L-Tryptophan

L-Tyrosine occasionally

Liposomal Vitamin C

Probiotics

Floradix liquid iron

Covid support:

NAC

Selenium

I was on Omeprazole for acid reflux and I have gotten completely off of it, hallelujah! I was also on Promethazine for nausea and I am off that too!

I know many people do not believe that supplements will help them, or they are so sensitive to them that they put them in a wave, but not me. I truly believe that they helped me so much throughout my taper. I am so grateful that I found my naturopaths and then my FM dr to help me navigate the wide world of supplements. I had all sorts of testing done and found that I was EXTREMELY deficient in Vitamin D, all the B's, and Zinc. Just taking those helped me immensely.

How about you?

There's no doubt they helped me. B vitamins are very important for methylation. Children with autism are usually deficient. Tryptophan I believe is one on the precursors for the production of neurotransmitters. Sounds like your doc got you on a good plan

I'm sorry meems, those sx sound overwhelming. Hoping tomorrow will ge a better day. I sometimes cant believe how crsppy this devil drug can make us feel. Hope your gardening is going well. Good to have a project it's a great distraction. ❤❤🌻

JWL,

That's great Jasmine. Just a suggestion, you might want to keep a journal of your good days/windows to remind you on bad days that you are stabilizing. I know when I get hit and fall into despair I seem to forget the good days. Very nice you got to spend time with your kids. That's the best therapy anyone can have.

OMG, last night i thought i was going to die from a heart attack at 3am. is this normal when you stabilibize that the anxiety could be so overwhelming?

my doc told me to not hesitate to take a beta blocker.

would it settle down when you stabilize? i can't go on like this.

Hey Jwl,

Multivitamin

Vitamin D

Magnesium Glycinate

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B12

L-Glutamine

Zinc

L-Tryptophan

L-Tyrosine occasionally

Liposomal Vitamin C

Probiotics

Floradix liquid iron

Covid support:

NAC

Selenium

How about you?

There's no doubt they helped me. B vitamins are very important for methylation. Children with autism are usually deficient. Tryptophan I believe is one on the precursors for the production of neurotransmitters. Sounds like your doc got you on a good plan

have you tried NAD?

Nice to see you here Gingermint!

Mary, you got to 7!!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: We were waiting for this!!! Who was that pickle ball person? I remember at the bottom of her signature it said 'pickle ball is good for your health!' I always thought that was cute.

Meems, you will get to the freeways. I totally thought I was going to have freeway anxiety forever and it FINALLY went away, just in the last 6 months.

Jasmine, I used to find it hard to shower, I know Mary did/does too and GP. I think it's a w/d thing. Great job for doing it!

Trishy I'm so glad  you got some shopping in! I need a fun day of shopping.

Ok night everyone.

Hey Olive,

Get out there girl! Go buy yourself something nice and if you like you can buy me something nice too!  :laugh: :laugh:

Trishy, you sound so upbeat and full of energy. Send some of those good vibs our way :thumbsup:

Hey Jwl,

I wish I could be like that everyday. Gotta grab those good days when they come around.  ;)

Trishy- you never fail to make me laugh.  EVER!

Blkhawk im sure Canada is wonderful and lovely and I am of French Canadian descent (So I have ice hockey in my DNA) - 2nd generation American - immigrants from Quebec -  and I love your PM.  🤬

Being that my family settled in Maine, I have to root for the Boston Bruins.  And of course the Boston Red Sox.

I'm glad I can make you laugh Meems! We gotta have some fun around here right?  :D  ;)

Hello my people! Well I went out with my bestie today and we shopped till we dropped!! I had a really good time, things felt normal again. We laughed our asses off! It was so nice to go out and forget about this damn virus! Even though we had our masks on all day it was worth it to just go out and hit all the stores like we used to before covid.

I hope everyone here had a decent day today. I highly recommend getting the hell out of the house if it's at all possible! It did me wonders. I would go out more often if I didn't babysit my granddaughter 5 days a week. She's a really good girl and we have so much fun together but she's 6 so the conversation is usually.. Well very 6 ish  :laugh: :laugh:

Awesome Trishy!  Ship til you drop!  Our malls are not open here but the big chains like Target and Wal-Mart are. But for me fluorescent lights and noise. However not sure how crowded these places are here in LA.  Even before I ever put a Benzo in my mouth Wal-Mart and Target were too bright and loud for me.  I am sooooooo happy for you that you spent time with your bestie and you shopped.  And laughed your asses off.  We need to laugh.  I don’t know anything about conversations with a 6 year old but I’m sure you’re probably cute and funny at it.  But I suppose it’s nice to have grown up time with our buddies. 

🤗

Meems

Hey Meems ! I get it, Walmart especially for me can get to me. It's always crowded and I usually lose patience in there. I can do the mall though and TJ Maxx and Marshall's abs I love hobby lobby. I also love to go to this country store where they sell furniture and primitive decor. I like farmhouse country. My house is decorated country.

My granddaughter is a hoot lol,  we are very silly together. I do get very animated with her :laugh: :laugh: we are total buddies but yes getting out with an adult buddy is definitely needed at times.

You get out and enjoy that Cali weather! Who needs malls when you have gorgeous weather and beautiful coastline  :D

Have you always been a West coast California girl? I've always been an Eastcoast girl. Never lived anywhere else. Seeeee .... I need to get out more  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi - yes I have always been a west coast girl.  But I’ve lived in St Thomas US Virgin Islands for a time.  Otherwise always lived in CA.  Northern and Southern.  Our weather is good but it’s hot.  Dry heat.  I think our beaches are still closed.  Not sure on that.  Night time is a good time to go for a walk. 

I bet your house is charming.  I like that style too.  Yes, no patience for Wal-Mart And it’s a panic attack waiting to happen.  I end up spending too much money at Target and I do love TJ Max and Marshall’s.

We have a Hobby Lobby here and a Homegoods.  Oh gosh I miss shopping.  I miss being normal.  I am so happy for you that you got to feel normal again today.  What a gift 💝

Have a good night

Meems

Meems my pet!  :D

Yes, I remember the night of discussions about rock bands and roof raking snow that you mentioned the virgin islands!!

I have always wanted to visit Northern California. I think I might like it better than southern.. But idk 🤷

I love home goods!! Should have gone there as well yesterday.  I always end up spending too much money no matter where I go.  :D

As for my " charming" house as you say, well I try my best to make it as comfortable as I can. Country to me is warm and cozy and that's what I like best about it. Always loved things of old too which might be why I like it.  I like some primitive decor. But sometimes I can put a room together and it looks like I just threw earrings on a pig.  :laugh:  :laugh: Tip- never rush a decorating project  ;)

I wish you many Happy shopping days in your future!  :D You'll get back out there Meems and when you do get back to the beloved stores..buy me something pretty  :laugh: :laugh:

Peace my friend ✌️ :smitten: :smitten:

Panic attacks are perfectly normal Jasmine and they can come out of nowhere. All you can do is ride it out. I wouldn't go overboard on the Beta Blockers as it can lower your BP too much. Yes I take NAC. It's an important cofactor for metabolism ( energy).

I'm sorry meems, those sx sound overwhelming. Hoping tomorrow will ge a better day. I sometimes cant believe how crsppy this devil drug can make us feel. Hope your gardening is going well. Good to have a project it's a great distraction. ❤❤🌻

Thanks Trishy.  I’m gonna go to the dollar store.  Sometimes they have flowers and cute garden accessories.  Yes being outside is healing and sunlight too.  But it’s hot here.  Been playing all more with my stray cat. 

Trishy- you never fail to make me laugh.  EVER!

Blkhawk im sure Canada is wonderful and lovely and I am of French Canadian descent (So I have ice hockey in my DNA) - 2nd generation American - immigrants from Quebec -  and I love your PM.  🤬

Being that my family settled in Maine, I have to root for the Boston Bruins.  And of course the Boston Red Sox.

I'm glad I can make you laugh Meems! We gotta have some fun around here right?  :D  ;)

Yes, Trishy. Lots of fun and laughter. 

🤗

Meems

Have a good night

Meems

Meems my pet!  :D

Yes, I remember the night of discussions about rock bands and roof raking snow that you mentioned the virgin islands!!

I have always wanted to visit Northern California. I think I might like it better than southern.. But idk 🤷

I love home goods!! Should have gone there as well yesterday.  I always end up spending too much money no matter where I go.  :D

As for my " charming" house as you say, well I try my best to make it as comfortable as I can. Country to me is warm and cozy and that's what I like best about it. Always loved things of old too which might be why I like it.  I like some primitive decor. But sometimes I can put a room together and it looks like I just threw earrings on a pig.  :laugh:  :laugh: Tip- never rush a decorating project  ;)

I wish you many Happy shopping days in your future!  :D You'll get back out there Meems and when you do get back to the beloved stores..buy me something pretty  :laugh: :laugh:

Peace my friend ✌️ :smitten: :smitten:

I’ll buy you a chicken or a cowboy 🤠 hat! 

Love,

Meems. 

Hey meems! I was just at the dollar store! I kind of like it there. That's cool you found a stray to play with. Sunlight and walking is so good for healing and shopping too! Enjoy your ti e out! Stay safe and cool! Crink pl2nty of water. I had a diet coke and coffee, I'm bad. ❤❤😻

[38...]