Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hello Kanoba.  Well, bring me up to date on YOU!  We haven’t chatted in a while, so please let me know how you are doing🙏🙏

Hugs, GG

Geeg,

My reply is always the same but sweet of you to ask. Right side head throb that dictates all ...until one day when I beat it! That is my last remaining symptom but boi is it a bugger, as you know too well. I have 30 months as a healing target on my radar, then maybeee then I can begin again. All of begin all of it again. I turn 38 at the turn of the year so heres to us and '22.

love  :smitten:

kanoba

Kanoba I believe this coming year will be our year! I’m so excited and can’t wait. I’m talking to all of us here in this group….let’s claim our victory. Let’s grab our healing by the horns. Enough is enough of this.  :thumbsup:

Kanoba I believe this coming year will be our year! I’m so excited and can’t wait. I’m talking to all of us here in this group….let’s claim our victory. Let’s grab our healing by the horns. Enough is enough of this.  :thumbsup:

Yes!!! I love this xx

Good morning everyone! Hope you managed to get some sleep. I struggled a bit but finally drifted off. I had stressful things on my mind last night so it took me awhile to fight them off. Wow we are so sensitive to stress. Funny thing is that being sick causes stress. The stress causes to be sicker ( uptick of symptoms). What a crazy cycle. Looks like we all need to turn into monks and hum all day. Lol

Thanks LAdy Den!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes!!! I love this xx

Kanoba I read your signature. The statement about you taking full responsibility for not researching the drugs you were on caught my attention. I’ve heard a few others say that too. But I’m having a hard time taking FULL responsibility because I’m the patient. Patients should be fully informed of what the doctor prescribed. Patients are following their doctors orders. If the doctor tells the patient that they NEED to take a medication and tells them it’s safe, no addiction worries, can take as long as you want, no long term effects and encourage the patient to stay on it, etc then how is that the patients FULL responsibility? Are they not the ones with the medical degree taking an oath of first to do no harm? So can you please explain how you take FULL responsibility?

Yes I know we all should read those pharmacy leaflets they give us. And I did! But when first prescribed Ambien there was NO warning like it is now that they’ve updated it.

By the way, everyone please weigh in on this one.

Happy, I Hope Monday Morning, but, if not Happy, at least not a Hurting Monday Morning🙏🙏🙏🙏.  I am in the latter group, unfortunately, as this few days old wave seems to be rolling on.  Felt pretty good on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday were pretty bad with headache and ear ache....again!  Waiting to get the results back from my ENT as to whether I have a bacterial infection; I doubt it as my ear pain seems to come and go based on my headaches.  I feel that I have circled back around to some of my very first symptoms of headaches, teeth chattering in the morning, right jaw and ear pain, and, strangely, bad body odor.  I remember this last symptom vividly, as I am very fastidious in my hygiene, and the body odor was unbelievable, almost like poison seeping out of my skin, especially under my arms.  It has been gone a long long time, so guess it decided to visit out of loneliness!

I am also waiting on the results of a culture my OBGYN took last week just to make sure my lichen sclerous has not morphed into anything else...of course this is an anxiety producer and may be the reason for my ramped symptoms.  Stomach acting up again this morning also, but that goes along with any stress I am feeling.  A couple of weeks ago I was really looking forward to the holidays and have done most of my shopping, but now the thought of decorating seems overwhelming!  I love the holidays so hope I feel better and can get back in the swing of things.

How is everyone else feeling.....up, down, or all around town like moi🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪.

Hugs,

GG

I guess I relied on my doctor to inform me of any known negative side effects of Valium, but I was in so much pain from my headaches and the cranial surgery at the time, I don’t think my husband or I even thought to do any research or even read the leaflet inside.  I usually do, but this one got away from me...I just remember that the name Valium rang a bell with me as my mom used it in the seventies, when it was known as mother’s little helper....the Rolling Stones sang a song titled the same.

I trusted my doctor emphatically and just took Valium as prescribed, but only after I realized I was going through withdrawal, did I directly ask him about his knowledge of benzos and the dangers of mis-prescribing them and prescribing them for too long.  He admitted that he was not aware of the dangers and apologized for what he now understands was a misstep on his part.  He is now incredibly supportive and vowed to educate other doctors as to the dangers of these evil drugs.  He is Chinese and says benzos are not prescribed in China?!!!!

GG

Kanoba I read your signature. The statement about you taking full responsibility for not researching the drugs you were on caught my attention. I’ve heard a few others say that too. But I’m having a hard time taking FULL responsibility because I’m the patient. Patients should be fully informed of what the doctor prescribed. Patients are following their doctors orders. If the doctor tells the patient that they NEED to take a medication and tells them it’s safe, no addiction worries, can take as long as you want, no long term effects and encourage the patient to stay on it, etc then how is that the patients FULL responsibility? Are they not the ones with the medical degree taking an oath of first to iido no harm? So can you please explain how you take FULL responsibility?

Yes I know we all should read those pharmacy leaflets they give us. And I did! But when first prescribed Ambien there was NO warning like it is now that they’ve updated it.

I don't think it is our responsibility, I was told zopiclone was non addictive. I have no faith in doctors, mine totally ignored the NHS guidelines that patients should be tapered off drugs. She told me it was just placebo effect and would have no trouble coming off them. Recently a GP tried to give me beta blockers, when side effect is insomnia and doesn't help psychological effects of anxiety They are paid a lot of money, and think the training is 7 years here. There are meant to be the professionals , they should do more research before keep freely dishing out these drugs. Just need to vent, doctors have totally ruined my life, but they refuse to acknowledge they were at fault.

Happy, I Hope Monday Morning, but, if not Happy, at least not a Hurting Monday Morning🙏🙏🙏🙏.  I am in the latter group, unfortunately, as this few days old wave seems to be rolling on.  Felt pretty good on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday were pretty bad with headache and ear ache....again!  Waiting to get the results back from my ENT as to whether I have a bacterial infection; I doubt it as my ear pain seems to come and go based on my headaches.  I feel that I have circled back around to some of my very first symptoms of headaches, teeth chattering in the morning, right jaw and ear pain, and, strangely, bad body odor.  I remember this last symptom vividly, as I am very fastidious in my hygiene, and the body odor was unbelievable, almost like poison seeping out of my skin, especially under my arms.  It has been gone a long long time, so guess it decided to visit out of loneliness!

I am also waiting on the results of a culture my OBGYN took last week just to make sure my lichen sclerous has not morphed into anything else...of course this is an anxiety producer and may be the reason for my ramped symptoms.  Stomach acting up again this morning also, but that goes along with any stress I am feeling.  A couple of weeks ago I was really looking forward to the holidays and have done most of my shopping, but now the thought of decorating seems overwhelming!  I love the holidays so hope I feel better and can get back in the swing of things.

How is everyone else feeling.....up, down, or all around town like moi🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪.

Hugs,

GG

Wow GG what you said about the strange body odor….OMG I have this same thing. It’s hard to describe the smell. It’s like poison coming out as you said but only under the armpits. I had this earlier too and it’s now back. Wow same experience. I hate to sound gross but even my poo sometimes smells like I took medicine. I’m wondering why the strange body odor. I wash up with soap and apply plenty of deodorant and 2 hours later I can smell it again! Especially in the mornings. I’d like to know what in the world is that?? It doesn’t seem possible to be medicine coming out of our pores this far out. I know we have sweated  tinkled and pooed enough by now for that to not be the case. Or is it? Dr Ashton said studies was done to see if we stored the remnants of the benzos and zdrug in our bodies. According to them, only for a very short time. But I’m wondering if they’re wrong? That the remnants seep out of the body very little by very little?

These drugs are so evil and not studied very much so there’s no telling.

Everyone, your thoughts??.??

LOL, LadyDen, as sick as I feel this morning you did give me a chuckle, and then I realized my underarms are smelling bad and I just had a bath and used deodorant about two hours ago.  I remember in acute I had this same strong repugnant odor when I was really sick, and am now feeling very ill again with that strange private part tingling reappearing, teeth chattering resurfacing, and the really bad burning brain rearing its ugly head again.  A couple of weeks ago I was happily shopping online for gifts, buzzing about like a happy normal person, and even as late as this past Friday, feeling pretty normal.  Then this......twenty months plus one week and feel pretty close to acute!  Anyone else having anything similar in my timeframe?  LadyDen, it does make me wonder if their are some remnant toxins stored in body fat....which I have plenty of🤪🤪🤪🤪?????

Hugs for everyone🙏🙏🙏🙏😍😍😍🎉

GG

Kanoba I read your signature. The statement about you taking full responsibility for not researching the drugs you were on caught my attention. I’ve heard a few others say that too. But I’m having a hard time taking FULL responsibility because I’m the patient. Patients should be fully informed of what the doctor prescribed. Patients are following their doctors orders. If the doctor tells the patient that they NEED to take a medication and tells them it’s safe, no addiction worries, can take as long as you want, no long term effects and encourage the patient to stay on it, etc then how is that the patients FULL responsibility? Are they not the ones with the medical degree taking an oath of first to do no harm? So can you please explain how you take FULL responsibility?

Lady Den,

Let me clarify. Only recently have I had the gumption to take full responsibility. You see before this ordeal I consulted a book that states not to take these for more than 10 days, I went so far to type out a piece of paper and have both my parents sign it (and myself too) to NOT take anything, my intuition was screaming, I was that low, that desperate that I went against all of my inner knowings, shame on me. So you see that book warned me and I went against it and used these drugs, but I learned the hard way. In July, (3 months after starting)my intution told me to come off these drugs but I consulted w a close family member and they said to wait until a better time, so I did 4 months after that I cold turkeyed, the inner voice was too strong and if I would have listened to her from the beginning what a mess I would have avoided.

When I say" full" I am  reclaiming my power, and your power too and any other woman who has or will go before or after me down this journey., I have and will continue to email my psych b.c I support and agree with your statement and she knows my day with her is coming and is open to conversation I am  not ready to make an appt with her to speak to her to tell her she may be harming others.

This is just a start , I have to get back to work but I am open to conversation and I cherish you LadyD!  :smitten:

Wow everyone - this is a mighty interesting discussion about the strange symptoms shared by many of us....I don't think I have any of the bad body odor but someone mentioned the "private part" tingling, and that one I can add my name to.  So very odd indeed.

I have had good luck with getting used to my one cup of regular coffee, and I like that it is one step closer to normalcy for me.

I also have started using the probiotic Culturelle....Two days so far and no adverse effects.  That is a new one for me that I can actually take a supplement!!  I will consider this progress!!!

Feeling OK - not trying to push too much though.  A lot of decorating to do but I will take it very slow.

Thanks everyone for this thread - I really enjoy having a place to go where everyone knows what I'm going through...

LOL, LadyDen, as sick as I feel this morning you did give me a chuckle, and then I realized my underarms are smelling bad and I just had a bath and used deodorant about two hours ago.  I remember in acute I had this same strong repugnant odor when I was really sick, and am now feeling very ill again with that strange private part tingling reappearing, teeth chattering resurfacing, and the really bad burning brain rearing its ugly head again.  A couple of weeks ago I was happily shopping online for gifts, buzzing about like a happy normal person, and even as late as this past Friday, feeling pretty normal.  Then this......twenty months plus one week and feel pretty close to acute!  Anyone else having anything similar in my timeframe?  LadyDen, it does make me wonder if their are some remnant toxins stored in body fat....which I have plenty of🤪🤪🤪🤪?????

Hugs for everyone🙏🙏🙏🙏😍😍😍🎉

GG

Yes this is a hot mess!!! You have me laughing too. I’m tired of this smell. Like two skunks wrestling in an onion patch. Peppy D’Pew better watch out!  :laugh:

Wow everyone - this is a mighty interesting discussion about the strange symptoms shared by many of us....I don't think I have any of the bad body odor but someone mentioned the "private part" tingling, and that one I can add my name to.  So very odd indeed.

I have had good luck with getting used to my one cup of regular coffee, and I like that it is one step closer to normalcy for me.

I also have started using the probiotic Culturelle....Two days so far and no adverse effects.  That is a new one for me that I can actually take a supplement!!  I will consider this progress!!!

Feeling OK - not trying to push too much though.  A lot of decorating to do but I will take it very slow.

Thanks everyone for this thread - I really enjoy having a place to go where everyone knows what I'm going through...

Hugs Deanna. Great to hear from you with such a good report. The tolerance of a cup of coffee and taking probiotics is very good progress. I’m happy for you. I know your decorations will be lovely. Me and my daughter finished ours. It’s very cute.

I had the va-jayjay numbness too. Very weird like somebody sat on it too long. Lol Girl that isn’t the case. Nobody has been near her for a long while now. I’m sure there’s cobwebs all in it LOL 😆 Like a haunted house lol

I’m also making progress. I’m walking around without my walker inside my home. I’m planning on going outside for fresh air and sunlight today. I’m praying 🙏 I’m sitting up longer and can hold my head down for a little longer too. If this stays improving then hopefully I can start painting again. I’m soooooooo ready to get my normal life back. I’ve been dreaming of taking a long soaking bath like I used to with rose salts, bubbles, soft spa music and candle lit. I’ve got a longgggggg list of things I can’t wait to do again.

Hope you enjoy your day. Enjoy your windows.

Lady Den,

Let me clarify. Only recently have I had the gumption to take full responsibility. You see before this ordeal I consulted a book that states not to take these for more than 10 days, I went so far to type out a piece of paper and have both my parents sign it (and myself too) to NOT take anything, my intuition was screaming, I was that low, that desperate that I went against all of my inner knowings, shame on me. So you see that book warned me and I went against it and used these drugs, but I learned the hard way. In July, (3 months after starting)my intution told me to come off these drugs but I consulted w a close family member and they said to wait until a better time, so I did 4 months after that I cold turkeyed, the inner voice was too strong and if I would have listened to her from the beginning what a mess I would have avoided.

When I say" full" I am  reclaiming my power, and your power too and any other woman who has or will go before or after me down this journey., I have and will continue to email my psych b.c I support and agree with your statement and she knows my day with her is coming and is open to conversation I am  not ready to make an appt with her to speak to her to tell her she may be harming others.

This is just a start , I have to get back to work but I am open to conversation and I cherish you LadyD!  :smitten:

Ok I understand now your meaning. Your full responsibility is based on the fact that you knew and did it anyway. I get it.  :thumbsup: Good luck with the psych doc taking responsibility. Don’t hold your breath. Because now you’re asking her to lessen her pockets. There’s no way they don’t know about these pills.

I cherish you too sweetheart  :smitten May something today bring a smile to your face. Hugs

Kanoba I read your signature. The statement about you taking full responsibility for not researching the drugs you were on caught my attention. I’ve heard a few others say that too. But I’m having a hard time taking FULL responsibility because I’m the patient. Patients should be fully informed of what the doctor prescribed. Patients are following their doctors orders. If the doctor tells the patient that they NEED to take a medication and tells them it’s safe, no addiction worries, can take as long as you want, no long term effects and encourage the patient to stay on it, etc then how is that the patients FULL responsibility? Are they not the ones with the medical degree taking an oath of first to iido no harm? So can you please explain how you take FULL responsibility?

I don't think it is our responsibility, I was told zopiclone was non addictive. I have no faith in doctors, mine totally ignored the NHS guidelines that patients should be tapered off drugs. She told me it was just placebo effect and would have no trouble coming off them. Recently a GP tried to give me beta blockers, when side effect is insomnia and doesn't help psychological effects of anxiety They are paid a lot of money, and think the training is 7 years here. There are meant to be the professionals , they should do more research before keep freely dishing out these drugs. Just need to vent, doctors have totally ruined my life, but they refuse to acknowledge they were at fault.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Their heavy pockets is worth more than ruining lives. The neurologist and his psychologist wife admitted to me that what I’m experiencing happens and nothing they can do about it. But they offered me more meds? Maybe it might help, is what he said. I quickly said no thanks! That’s their solution unfortunately is to give more damaging pills plus call people crazy. I don’t trust them anymore.

Can you blame us?

Absolutely, well said. Never once in 12 years did my previous GP suggest trying come off zopiclone. They now realise it causes addiction and as result now force people to just stop them I often wonder if they get "incentives" to prescribe certain drugs. Anti depressants seem to be their answer to everything here!

I don’t believe Benzo’s or z drugs should be on the market. Period.  They should not have been prescribed to me for what they were prescribed for. I understand there are some instances where Benzo’s are required i.e. distonia: these drugs should be highly restricted & as such sites like BB shouldn’t even need to exist.  How many lives have been lost to this beastly curse? How many lives have been destroyed, how many families broken up, how many nervous break downs.  These drugs are horrendous.  Yet we keep on Swimmimg, we keep on going.  I hope one day there is a class action lawsuit against the companies that make these drugs & keep them on the market.

I think reason GP's won't help, is if they acknowledge the long term problems they cause, it's admitting they were wrong in leaving people on them, and would leave them open to lawsuits. The GP's are just as much to blame, they have known for a long time these meds could cause problems if people left on them for a long time and they've just ignored it, kept dishing them out.Rant over😋

Bess and GG that will be the day to throw a party! But we all know it won’t happen. As GG said, it’s an admittance of wrong doing. It will cause a record breaking number of lawsuits. Around the world! A thought crossed my mind, I wonder how many of them know of these drug effects by way of personal use? How many surgeons operate that are on benzos? Scary thoughts. Right?