Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

My thinking skills are fine and I'm not having any "bright ideas" about why I decided to take my elemental magnesium.

Becks whatever you put in your body is your choice. I never said your name as having bright ideas. But honestly you have said on many posts that your thinking and brain is SEVERELY damaged. It’s so bad that you constantly post how your life is over etc. And I know that it is because of what you’ve been through. Sincerely my heart goes out to you. I personally got a bright idea that backfired on me when I was desperate to move to my apartment. I don’t know if you recall that? Other buddies warned/ discouraged me from trying  it. They did it out of love and their own experiences. They were absolutely right! It was a bad “ bright idea”. Good thing they chimed in to make me promise to only take a small bit of the medication I tried. Lesson learned.

The administrators/moderators on this forum have asked that nobody encourage someone else to take something. But people do it on here anyway. In my opinion, that is dangerous territory because it can cause someone to end up worse. That’s why I’m very careful on this forum to not tell someone that this supplement or that supplement is good. I don’t want to be responsible for causing someone who’s already suffering so bad any further turmoil. If I’m asked my opinion on a supplement/ medication, I will cautiously give what I know which is nearly ALWAYS what I’ve read or heard a benzo wise expert say. And even in saying that, I make sure to let them know it’s their choice.

Leann I have what you call severe mental symptoms.  Finding positivities is a choice.  When you look for the positive things become a little easier - it’s a choice if you find the positive or not.  You can do this.  From your posts I can see progress.  Keep

On going, you can do this.  Tell me something positive that happened today

Morning everyone.

Ok let me say it again….chamomile and other things that make you sleepy acts on the gaba receptors! Point, blank, period! Herbs do have health benefits. I’m not saying they don’t but are we not talking about damaged gaba receptors here?? Dr Ashton, Dr Jen Lee and others DID advise caution against chamomile and magnesium as well as others. These things ARE on the no no list. Which is why some BBs are still suffering and possibly the reason they aren’t healed as well as they could be. It makes sense because they STILL hitting their receptors. Some people can use these herbs with no problem. Some at first it doesn’t cause an issue but down the road it turns on them. Some can’t can’t use them but later in their healing they can. Some can’t use them at all.

Here’s MY opinion, it’s hard to tell what is causing what when there’s an injured brain involved. So it’s best to not disrupt the healing process with trying this and that. Why would anybody take a chance of causing themselves more serif it’s not necessary? Does that not make sense??? To me it’s like having a bleeding wound that finally stopped bleeding and have scabbed over. Then you sit there picking the scab off which introduces germs and start it to bleeding again. Which now it gets infected ( worse) when all you had to do was leave it alone! This happened to me when I was a kid. I’m sure you all had this experience too.  Keep in mind with injured brains sometimes the thinking skills are not that good. All kinds of “ bright ideas” to so called help ourselves pop up in our head. That doesn’t mean it IS a good idea. Matter of fact, since we’re aware that we have these thoughts, shouldn’t we question even more the ideas? I’d say, the majority of them we should dismiss them altogether.

Leann As I said before, I would hate to see you or anyone suffer more than they have to because they’re trying this or that. But I’m not in control of anybody as far as what they do with their own body. It won’t be affected by what they do. But as I said before, as a friend, if I KNOW what I’m saying is accurate, I will warn people. It is out of love! At the end of the day, each of us is responsible for own our recovery. Many People on here give advice. Some is good common sense and some is not so good. Please discern for yourself what is right for you. They mean well but taking ill advice can have serious consequences in which YOU will be the one suffering. Once again, I will advise anyone to never do anything to disrupt their healing. By now we all know good and well how this goes…waves and windows some months worse than others until we heal.

Once again, I’m not anybody’s savior or expert BUT I’m a loving supportive friend who will do all I can to help someone else make it through the day even though I’m in bad physical shape myself. That’s just the kind of heart God put in me. I really do care. I really do love y’all. I hope I didn’t come across mean but at some point the question within ourselves need to be answered….ok, when am I going to STOP trying things to heal myself when every time I do, it doesn’t work? Why don’t I just sit down let time past and distract myself with something positive every day?

:smitten::hug:

Dr. Ashton and Dr. Lee  do not have experience and expertise with herbs. Parsley and Celery affects gaba receptors too many things we eat binds to GABA like potatoes that have a relaxing effect. We don't avoid those. The list that Ashton made is outdated and unscientific and her opinion not scientific fact. The fact is the sedating herbs are beneficial for the nervous system to restore and repair it as they are neuroprotective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. These herbs do not delay healing they speed it up as Dr. Peter Smith says. Many people on this forum have found relief and benefit from these herbs including myself. What we should stay away from is herb and supplements that stimulate the nervous system like coffee, B12, synthetic Vit D, etc..

Chamomile is gentle and neuroprotective the herb has been used for people with neurodegenerative diseases with good results.

I would LOVE to get back to my camomile tea again.  I want to believe what you say is true - and it may be in some people.  My experience with it was that I used it for 10 years prior to withdrawal.  It was part of my life until about 3 months after jumping and I was having awful pain flares.  I quit the camomile just to see, and I have to say I still experienced the pain flares so I can't say it was the camomile.  But I've stayed away due to all the controversy, and it is next on my list to try again.

I have been doing ok lately with 1-2 cups of coffee in the am, baby drops of vit D spread out over the day, and the Culturelle probiotic.  I'm taking my time but one of these days when I am really feeling confident, I may try a tiny cup of weakly brewed camo tea.  then I'll wait a few days and try it again - I find that a verrrry slow introduction of new things is important after this experience.

My theory on these sensitivities is that as we heal our GABA receptors, they are new and fragile.  Just like new skin after a cut.  The new skin is sensitive to the sun, repeat injury, etc.  Since the GABA system is the main inhibitory system in our nervous system, it's used all the time and gets easily overwhelmed.  Incredible patience is required.  But tiny steps forward are better than slamming the system.

My thinking skills are fine and I'm not having any "bright ideas" about why I decided to take my elemental magnesium.

Becks whatever you put in your body is your choice. I never said your name as having bright ideas. But honestly you have said on many posts that your thinking and brain is SEVERELY damaged. It’s so bad that you constantly post how your life is over etc. And I know that it is because of what you’ve been through. Sincerely my heart goes out to you. I personally got a bright idea that backfired on me when I was desperate to move to my apartment. I don’t know if you recall that? Other buddies warned/ discouraged me from trying  it. They did it out of love and their own experiences. They were absolutely right! It was a bad “ bright idea”. Good thing they chimed in to make me promise to only take a small bit of the medication I tried. Lesson learned.

The administrators/moderators on this forum have asked that nobody encourage someone else to take something. But people do it on here anyway. In my opinion, that is dangerous territory because it can cause someone to end up worse. That’s why I’m very careful on this forum to not tell someone that this supplement or that supplement is good. I don’t want to be responsible for causing someone who’s already suffering so bad any further turmoil. If I’m asked my opinion on a supplement/ medication, I will cautiously give what I know which is nearly ALWAYS what I’ve read or heard a benzo wise expert say. And even in saying that, I make sure to let them know it’s their choice.

You don't know anything about me, and you WERE referring to those of us who are brain injured as having "bright ideas" even if you didn't mention my name.  Now you're "splitting hairs."  Something about you scares the crap out of me.  I pray that you won't reply to any of my posts anymore.

Morning everyone.

Ok let me say it again….chamomile and other things that make you sleepy acts on the gaba receptors! Point, blank, period! Herbs do have health benefits. I’m not saying they don’t but are we not talking about damaged gaba receptors here?? Dr Ashton, Dr Jen Lee and others DID advise caution against chamomile and magnesium as well as others. These things ARE on the no no list. Which is why some BBs are still suffering and possibly the reason they aren’t healed as well as they could be. It makes sense because they STILL hitting their receptors. Some people can use these herbs with no problem. Some at first it doesn’t cause an issue but down the road it turns on them. Some can’t can’t use them but later in their healing they can. Some can’t use them at all.

Here’s MY opinion, it’s hard to tell what is causing what when there’s an injured brain involved. So it’s best to not disrupt the healing process with trying this and that. Why would anybody take a chance of causing themselves more serif it’s not necessary? Does that not make sense??? To me it’s like having a bleeding wound that finally stopped bleeding and have scabbed over. Then you sit there picking the scab off which introduces germs and start it to bleeding again. Which now it gets infected ( worse) when all you had to do was leave it alone! This happened to me when I was a kid. I’m sure you all had this experience too.  Keep in mind with injured brains sometimes the thinking skills are not that good. All kinds of “ bright ideas” to so called help ourselves pop up in our head. That doesn’t mean it IS a good idea. Matter of fact, since we’re aware that we have these thoughts, shouldn’t we question even more the ideas? I’d say, the majority of them we should dismiss them altogether.

Leann As I said before, I would hate to see you or anyone suffer more than they have to because they’re trying this or that. But I’m not in control of anybody as far as what they do with their own body. It won’t be affected by what they do. But as I said before, as a friend, if I KNOW what I’m saying is accurate, I will warn people. It is out of love! At the end of the day, each of us is responsible for own our recovery. Many People on here give advice. Some is good common sense and some is not so good. Please discern for yourself what is right for you. They mean well but taking ill advice can have serious consequences in which YOU will be the one suffering. Once again, I will advise anyone to never do anything to disrupt their healing. By now we all know good and well how this goes…waves and windows some months worse than others until we heal.

Once again, I’m not anybody’s savior or expert BUT I’m a loving supportive friend who will do all I can to help someone else make it through the day even though I’m in bad physical shape myself. That’s just the kind of heart God put in me. I really do care. I really do love y’all. I hope I didn’t come across mean but at some point the question within ourselves need to be answered….ok, when am I going to STOP trying things to heal myself when every time I do, it doesn’t work? Why don’t I just sit down let time past and distract myself with something positive every day?

Dr. Ashton and Dr. Lee  do not have experience and expertise with herbs. Parsley and Celery affects gaba receptors too many things we eat binds to GABA like potatoes that have a relaxing effect. We don't avoid those. The list that Ashton made is outdated and unscientific and her opinion not scientific fact. The fact is the sedating herbs are beneficial for the nervous system to restore and repair it as they are neuroprotective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. These herbs do not delay healing they speed it up as Dr. Peter Smith says. Many people on this forum have found relief and benefit from these herbs including myself. What we should stay away from is herb and supplements that stimulate the nervous system like coffee, B12, synthetic Vit D, etc..

Chamomile is gentle and neuroprotective the herb has been used for people with neurodegenerative diseases with good results.

I would LOVE to get back to my camomile tea again.  I want to believe what you say is true - and it may be in some people.  My experience with it was that I used it for 10 years prior to withdrawal.  It was part of my life until about 3 months after jumping and I was having awful pain flares.  I quit the camomile just to see, and I have to say I still experienced the pain flares so I can't say it was the camomile.  But I've stayed away due to all the controversy, and it is next on my list to try again.

I have been doing ok lately with 1-2 cups of coffee in the am, baby drops of vit D spread out over the day, and the Culturelle probiotic.  I'm taking my time but one of these days when I am really feeling confident, I may try a tiny cup of weakly brewed camo tea.  then I'll wait a few days and try it again - I find that a verrrry slow introduction of new things is important after this experience.

My theory on these sensitivities is that as we heal our GABA receptors, they are new and fragile.  Just like new skin after a cut.  The new skin is sensitive to the sun, repeat injury, etc.  Since the GABA system is the main inhibitory system in our nervous system, it's used all the time and gets easily overwhelmed.  Incredible patience is required.  But tiny steps forward are better than slamming the system.

Deanna I really like your perception about us having new gaba receptors. That’s fabulously a good and reasonable explanation.  :thumbsup: You are so sweet to share this with us. Thank you.

I agree with you as I said each person’s body metabolizes things different so what one person put in their body might make another person have a bad reaction. This is especially true for our damaged brain. Going very slow is very wise. Because we don’t know how we’ll react. And it’s crazy as we get farther out we become sensitive to things that never was a problem before. You are so right! I hope you’re doing well today. Big hugs sweet lady

You don't know anything about me, and you WERE referring to those of us who are brain injured as having "bright ideas" even if you didn't mention my name.  Now you're "splitting hairs."  Something about you scares the crap out of me.  I pray that you won't reply to any of my posts anymore.

Becks first of all this is my thread I started for those of us who are a year up to 2 years off. BUT I welcomed  you because I don’t discriminate. If anyone wants to join that’s suffering, they’re welcome. This is the first time ever that I’m stepping up to unwelcome you on this thread or any of my threads. Because I can’t allow negative post or post that may insight fighting. I’m NOT going to bite your bait! This is a positive thread where we make friends who support each other. That apparently isn’t your mode of operation. Everyone on this forum knows me well enough by now to know there’s NOTHING scary about me at all. Matter of fact, if I could give my positivity to others on here, I would without hesitation if I knew it would give them relief. Even if it meant that I’d take their place! That is the kind of person God made me so you can keep your negative vibes to yourself. NOBODY will agree with you that I’m scary. My conscious is completely clear that all I’ve ever done was try to be a friend and support to you as I do everyone on here I meet. Do not worry I will NEVER come on your blog again to show my support. But I will say this, I STILL wish you well and care about you. Why? Because that’s who I am! If you’re so scared of me then that’s your problem!

:idiot:

Becks first of all this is my thread I started for those of us who are a year up to 2 years off. BUT I welcomed  you because I don’t discriminate. If anyone wants to join that’s suffering, they’re welcome. This is the first time ever that I’m stepping up to unwelcome you on this thread or any of my threads. Because I can’t allow negative post or post that may insight fighting. I’m NOT going to bite your bait! This is a positive thread where we make friends who support each other. That apparently isn’t your mode of operation. Everyone on this forum knows me well enough by now to know there’s NOTHING scary about me at all. Matter of fact, if I could give my positivity to others on here, I would without hesitation if I knew it would give them relief. Even if it meant that I’d take their place! That is the kind of person God made me so you can keep your negative vibes to yourself. NOBODY will agree with you that I’m scary. My conscious is completely clear that all I’ve ever done was try to be a friend and support to you as I do everyone on here I meet. Do not worry I will NEVER come on your blog again to show my support. But I will say this, I STILL wish you well and care about you. Why? Because that’s who I am! If you’re so scared of me then that’s your problem!

:idiot:

Ouch!  You're being quite severe with me now.  BTW, this and other threads are not YOUR threads.  Also, YOU can't allow or disallow any content to be posted on this thread or other threads on this forum.   

Becks I’m going to ask you nicely again….don’t post in here trying to start a fight. Go back to your own blog. If you keep disturbing the peace, I’ll report you! STOP! I’m not going back and forth with you. STOP!  🛑

Once again, I wasn't trying to fight with anyone with my earlier posts.  I was just disagreeing.  I'll post anywhere I want to.

OK that’s it!!! I warned you!

Once again, I wasn't trying to fight with anyone with my earlier posts.  I was just disagreeing.  I'll post anywhere I want to.

Hi Becksblue,

You're correct, you can post wherever you want to on this forum but this thread and this support group was initiated by LadyDen for those who are between 12-24 months off the drug, its important to respect the topic and the people who wish to participate. 

Pamster

Becks I’m going to ask you nicely again….don’t post in here trying to start a fight. Go back to your own blog. If you keep disturbing the peace, I’ll report you! STOP! I’m not going back and forth with you. STOP!  🛑

Well put ladyDen, you have my full support on this one.  Well said, well put. You have a big kind heart having people post on here that are outside of the 12 - 24 month since jumping mark.  Becksblue if you want to continue receiving support here - please be respectful & polite. Thanks for your understanding:

I'm being yelled at by LadyDen and I'm the one not being respectful?

How come you’re on the 12 - 24 month group support group when you’re 9 years off?  Ladyden isn’t yelling at you. Perhaps it would be best if you posted in your time specific support group - I know there’s a protracted board you could post on.  Not sure why you’ve been posting in this group when you’re 9 years off.  I think it would be best if you posted elsewhere. 

Becks I feel your pain, I hate my life, intrusive thoughts push you into a deep chasm from which there is no escape. But you should be directing your anger at the doctors who get us onto these drugs and then abandon us leaving us to flounder afterwards, not other buddies. I think we are over sensitive to comments on here at times because of our damaged nervous system. . But I do believe LadyDen was just advising caution, magnesium really revved up my symptoms, it obviously helps you but people react differently to supplements,  in my experience Lady Den is always trying  to bolster people's spirits.

Morning everyone.

Hi LadyDen,

When making declarative statements such as this its important to include peer reviewed citation or links to credible studies, thanks.

Pamster

Good morning to all. I hope your night was nice with good sleep. Mine was good. The temperature dropped last night so I was colder than usual although the heat is on. But then again, I do get chills out of the blue ( WD symptom) so I’m not sure if that was happening or it was the weather. If it would have rained last night or this morning then it was cold enough to snow. Wow that would have been nice to wake up with everything white. I think snow is so pretty. My dread is not that bad this morning but I’m starting a wave. How’s everyone doing?

Ok Pam! Thank you  :thumbsup::smitten:

Let me know if Im wrong LadyDen but I think you are referring to the information given out by professor Ashton, Benzo information Coalition, and WBAD? These resources put together a No No list as to specific herbs, supplements, or medications that were researched to show that they effect the same receptors these medications effect and why its not a good idea or could cause problems.

Thank you Chariot for that very informative link. My doctor as well as other family members who are in the medical field said the same thing.  :thumbsup:

Hope you’re doing well and welcome to this thread. Big hugs 🤗

I guess I can officially join this thread now that I am a few days past my 12 month mark.  LadyDen are you handing out the membership cards  :laugh: 

I truly hope not to have to ever leave the thread because I’m past 24 months!!

I wish us all speedy healing!

I guess I can officially join this thread now that I am a few days past my 12 month mark.  LadyDen are you handing out the membership cards  :laugh: 

Welcome JBen! How are you going?

Let’s all welcome JBen!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

You have made it this far my friend. It will only get better from here. This next stretch might be a bumpy ride but from what I’ve seen about you, you’re definitely a warrior that I feel can handle it. Please pick out a tent here and make yourself at home. We’re happy to have you. You’re an official member! 🌠 there’s your tent and star warrior card!