Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Thanks, Bess, you are a real trooper and I think you are the cat’s meow and the Mona Lisa’s smile 😍😍😍😍

Hugs, GG

Ohhhhh thanks GG. Right back at you xx

Hey Everyone,

So at just over 22 months since I jumped, today I went to the dentist. For normal non BWD people this would be run of the mill stuff.  I haven’t even thought about normal stuff since BWD but today I went.  I had 3 chipped teeth from pure neglect that only BWD folk can fathom & a hole in one tooth.  I staggered it. Today was for the chipped teeth, next week the much needed clean & week after that the filling.

I’ve been having flickers - almost moments of feeling more like my self pre BWD. Without the staggeringly impossible lows that comes flooding in with waves & the bewildering highs that blast open with windows .  Just normalacy. & it’s heavenly.  I don’t want to jinx myself by putting this into writing as my next post I could be flattened on the floor steam rolled by a ghastly wave.  But I put these words here to say - no Matter where you are in this whole BWD maze - hold on - because it gets better - lots, lots better. Just hold on & keep going. You all got this - you really really do xx

Hugs everyone! How’s your morning/ day going so far?

I want to try yogurt so bad but I’m honestly scared. I’ve read mixed posts about it reving up. For some reason even before this happened I can’t handle eating blueberry things….well some things. For instance if I eat blueberry muffins or a few in yogurt then I’m totally fine. If I eat cereal with blueberries in it, I feel sick. I’ve never understood that. But I really like them!  I used to eat Special K red berry cereal ( it has strawberries in it). So delicious. I was ordering groceries and tortured myself. Instead of just searching for what I needed I started looking at what I used to buy or eat. It made me sad. Made me realize how limited my diet is. I’m going to try to add things back little by little because I’m sooooooooo tired of the same meals.

Anybody understand this? Are y’all able to eat whatever you want?

OMG LD, I SOOOOO feel ya on this!!  I have been doing Gluten Free and that is killing me, but whenever I go off it, it seems to bite me is the a$$.  Maybe your blueberry issue has more to do with the sugar content in some of the things (cereal? muffin?) vs just straight berries.  I do a green smoothie with all fresh berries, celery, spinach or baby kale, and kefir/yogurt.  Some yogurts have so much sugar in them.  I go with chobani or siggi's and try to stay low sugar.  I started that for the probiotics and never had a problem.  Then I added in kefir, and now I'm doing an actual probiotic supplement for a whole 7 days now and so far so good!!  First actual supplement I've tolerated.  And I must say I think it is helping my gut health and sleeping very soundly.

Also now trying the baby vitamin D drops since I'm low and so far 2 days ok with that.  My light hasn't come yet :-(

Once I get a little more time my next thing is to try to introduce very small amounts of gluten here and there.  I can't live forever without good pizza!

I think I may have turned a corner with the sensitivity thing - I HOPE!!!  The one cup of coffee in the am has done wonders for me in feeling more normal.

Awwwwww dayum Deanna that’s awesome! It does sound like you’ve turned a corner. Wow! I think I might try a tiny bit of Vitamin D gummies also. I feel you about the pizza. I miss it so much. I’ve been eating the gluten free no sauce pizza every now and then but it’s not the same. I don’t enjoy it much. I might try a little yogurt as well. Maybe try a frozen kind ( like ice cream). I hate I have these food fears. But rightfully so in our case. We’re so sensitive at this point. Baby steps are in order here! That’s what I’m going to do. Maybe eat a small bit of lactose free frozen yogurt with a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter swirled in it.  :thumbsup:

My favorite ice cream treat was vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and sliced bananas. Wow I don’t know when was the last time I tasted that. Ok….I gotta stop torturing myself lol

Hello all from a suffering bb here!  Please check out my recent post on the post withdrawal board.  Suffering with awful ear, jaw, and head pain. Godsmyhope asked if I had been tested for a fungal infection of the nasal passages!!!  I did not know that this could even be a issue, and since a bacterial infection was ruled out, I never considered fungal, but early on in withdrawal I had a toenail drop off, and I have had the female issues.  Has anyone else been diagnosed with a fungal infection in the nasal passages?

This pain and the length of this sinus condition has me really worried!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Hugs GG. I haven’t had that BUT I did have a very bad thrush in my throat and mouth. I had to take nystatin for over a month. From what I hear fungal and yeast growth is so common in BWD because the immune system is not at its best. I did get a toenail fungus infection as well and had a wart pop up on my hand that was hard to get rid of. I’m sorry you’re dealing with fungal issues. As far as sinuses, years ago before I ever had Ambien I got a staph infection in my sinuses that did a number on me. I had to have emergency surgery. Not trying to scare you.

Hope you get well soon dear.

Hey Everyone,

So at just over 22 months since I jumped, today I went to the dentist. For normal non BWD people this would be run of the mill stuff.  I haven’t even thought about normal stuff since BWD but today I went.  I had 3 chipped teeth from pure neglect that only BWD folk can fathom & a hole in one tooth.  I staggered it. Today was for the chipped teeth, next week the much needed clean & week after that the filling.

I’ve been having flickers - almost moments of feeling more like my self pre BWD. Without the staggeringly impossible lows that comes flooding in with waves & the bewildering highs that blast open with windows .  Just normalacy. & it’s heavenly.  I don’t want to jinx myself by putting this into writing as my next post I could be flattened on the floor steam rolled by a ghastly wave.  But I put these words here to say - no Matter where you are in this whole BWD maze - hold on - because it gets better - lots, lots better. Just hold on & keep going. You all got this - you really really do xx

Bess thank you for that much needed reminder that we will get better. It’s great to hear you’re having normalcy paying a visit. Awesome! I’m slowly heading in that same direction. I’m in desperate need of dental work also. I’m scared of what he might say. I also have a cavity but can’t do anything about it until I can ride in the car, lay back in the dental chair for at least an hour then endure the ride home. This BWD has ruined my once beautiful teeth. I’m not sure why this has occurred. I’ve read others before us had the same dental fate. I’m guessing it’s because our brains borrowed what it needed from our teeth? I know this happens in pregnancy if the expectant mother doesn’t eat properly. Her body will get what the growing baby needs from her teeth…especially calcium. This is just my guess. If anyone knows or has a different spin, please weigh in.

I want to try yogurt so bad but I’m honestly scared. I’ve read mixed posts about it reving up. For some reason even before this happened I can’t handle eating blueberry things….well some things. For instance if I eat blueberry muffins or a few in yogurt then I’m totally fine. If I eat cereal with blueberries in it, I feel sick. I’ve never understood that. But I really like them!  I used to eat Special K red berry cereal ( it has strawberries in it). So delicious. I was ordering groceries and tortured myself. Instead of just searching for what I needed I started looking at what I used to buy or eat. It made me sad. Made me realize how limited my diet is. I’m going to try to add things back little by little because I’m sooooooooo tired of the same meals.

OMG LD, I SOOOOO feel ya on this!!  I have been doing Gluten Free and that is killing me, but whenever I go off it, it seems to bite me is the a$$.  Maybe your blueberry issue has more to do with the sugar content in some of the things (cereal? muffin?) vs just straight berries.  I do a green smoothie with all fresh berries, celery, spinach or baby kale, and kefir/yogurt.  Some yogurts have so much sugar in them.  I go with chobani or siggi's and try to stay low sugar.  I started that for the probiotics and never had a problem.  Then I added in kefir, and now I'm doing an actual probiotic supplement for a whole 7 days now and so far so good!!  First actual supplement I've tolerated.  And I must say I think it is helping my gut health and sleeping very soundly.

Also now trying the baby vitamin D drops since I'm low and so far 2 days ok with that.  My light hasn't come yet :-(

Once I get a little more time my next thing is to try to introduce very small amounts of gluten here and there.  I can't live forever without good pizza!

I think I may have turned a corner with the sensitivity thing - I HOPE!!!  The one cup of coffee in the am has done wonders for me in feeling more normal.

Awwwwww dayum Deanna that’s awesome! It does sound like you’ve turned a corner. Wow! I think I might try a tiny bit of Vitamin D gummies also. I feel you about the pizza. I miss it so much. I’ve been eating the gluten free no sauce pizza every now and then but it’s not the same. I don’t enjoy it much. I might try a little yogurt as well. Maybe try a frozen kind ( like ice cream). I hate I have these food fears. But rightfully so in our case. We’re so sensitive at this point. Baby steps are in order here! That’s what I’m going to do. Maybe eat a small bit of lactose free frozen yogurt with a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter swirled in it.  :thumbsup:

My favorite ice cream treat was vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and sliced bananas. Wow I don’t know when was the last time I tasted that. Ok….I gotta stop torturing myself lol

LadyD - I've been able to tolerate ice cream just fine for quite a while now.  As long as it is the natural stuff, no preservatives, no sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners.  I do plain vanilla bean from Hagen Das - only 5 natural ingredients! 

Hey Everyone,

I know those flickers!!  I would notice way back last year a minute or two - just that short - where I could almost believe I was normal.  It took a while but those flickers got longer and then now it's a bit reversed where I feel mostly normal for the most part and the bad Sx are less than the normal feelings.  UNTIL I overdo things LOL

LadyD - I've been able to tolerate ice cream just fine for quite a while now.  As long as it is the natural stuff, no preservatives, no sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners.  I do plain vanilla bean from Hagen Das - only 5 natural ingredients!

Ok thanks because I was just looking at the grocery list of ice creams. Hagen Daas here I come with your 5 ingredients Wooooohooooo!

Hey Everyone,

I know those flickers!!  I would notice way back last year a minute or two - just that short - where I could almost believe I was normal.  It took a while but those flickers got longer and then now it's a bit reversed where I feel mostly normal for the most part and the bad Sx are less than the normal feelings.  UNTIL I overdo things LOL

It’s so so tricky not to overdo things - such an art to it! Xx

How are you all doing? Given up with the course, was too triggering, think more aimed at physical symptoms rather than mental. Constantly trying bring up and repeat the negative thoughts actually made them worse, and brought back stuff my Mum did to me. I'm continuing with meditation though. It's realisation I was actually doing better 6 months ago, booked weekend away in May, did subsequently cancel, also cruise fir next August, that I've cancelled. Then someone on protracted board said if you took AD's as well symptoms could be permanent. Sorry to be moaning Minnie, just think I could cope with physical stuff, but feeling fearful of everything is soul destroying.

Wish I had Lady D's optimism and courage, did try supplement with zinc and vit C given me raging stomach pain and awful heartburn, felt like was having heart attack didn't help. Normally will try everything to help myself, managed to ease IBS and recurrent UTI by changing my diet, but just feel,helpless with this

How are you all doing? Given up with the course, was too triggering, think more aimed at physical symptoms rather than mental. Constantly trying bring up and repeat the negative thoughts actually made them worse, and brought back stuff my Mum did to me. I'm continuing with meditation though. It's realisation I was actually doing better 6 months ago, booked weekend away in May, did subsequently cancel, also cruise fir next August, that I've cancelled. Then someone on protracted board said if you took AD's as well symptoms could be permanent. Sorry to be moaning Minnie, just think I could cope with physical stuff, but feeling fearful of everything is soul destroying.

Wish I had Lady D's optimism and courage, did try supplement with zinc and vit C given me raging stomach pain and awful heartburn, felt like was having heart attack didn't help. Normally will try everything to help myself, managed to ease IBS and recurrent UTI by changing my diet, but just feel,helpless with this

Leanne - so sorry to hear you are struggling.  I can understand not wanting to dig up all those negative emotions if it is not helpful.  It sounds like you've addressed them over time and they are what they are.  I know nothing of the protracted board, and can really believe the AD complicates the equation, but please don't give into the notion that it is permanent.  Look at Meganz - she came out of it after such a long time.  I'm sure there are many others that have too - maybe you can start a thread to seek them as a cohort and see if there are similarities in healing?

Also - when you mention you felt you were doing better 6 months ago it made me think of seasonal blues which are so linked with sunlight and neurotransmitters.  I'm on a vitamin D kick right now as I was tested and subsequently learned nearly 80% of world's population is deficient.  Have you been tested?  It is a hormone and can really impact energy and mood.  Takes a long time to bring it up too, but perhaps worth a focus on that.  And probiotics too!! Many probiotics ease depression bc the good bacteria make metabolites that influence our metabolism and neurochemistry.

Don't give up!  That would be giving in to the beast!  I've always believed if there is will, there is a way  :smitten:

The weather not helping, some big storm going across UK, some people been without power for days. Cold, wet and windy. The AD's made things lot worse for me so freaked me out a bit, only 18 months off them so probably still withdrawal from them,  yes did message Meganz as she had similar time frame didn't  get reply but hopefully she's out enjoying life.  Impossible get tested for anything here at moment, my surgery doesn't want to know, I've got some probiotics in fridge I'll try them. My birthday later this week, as I'm older feel time running out to recover. Just can't seem snap out this black mood at moment, sorry to  be miserable myrtle.

Well, okey donkey and good morning to all!  Broke down and made the dreaded trip to the ER around 3 a.m., this morning.  Woke up with pelvic pain, chills, and just plain awful feeling.  Plus, right jaw pain at a level 8, so hubby and I took the five minute drive and weathered through blood tests, urinalysis, and basic X-ray of jaws. 

Results:  a low level UTI and the possibility of a dental infection?  Will see my OBGYN at 1 p.m., today to discuss natural way of healing UTI (possibly D-Mannose) and then to see my dentist on Thursday at 5 p.m.  He will take the more specialized X-rays of my jaw and check for any dental infection. 

My internist is also on board the natural healing train, and agrees that antibiotics may actually do more harm than good for the UTI. 

So, although not feeling up to snuff, so thankful for high quality health care.  All my doctors are within two miles of my home, a couple in the same medical complex.  Only my dentist requires a drive of about one half hour. 

And, how are my fellow buddies feeling this morning? 

Hugs,

GG

Leann my darling. You hang in there! I agree with Deanna that you shouldn’t listen to everything you heard. Each person’s healing is their own journey. Plus there’s other factors that come into play. Start claiming your healing. The reason I am optimistic and have courage is because I believe in my healing no matter how I feel. You said so yourself that you felt better 6 months ago. You will feel better again. I also know you keep trying different things putting them in your body in hopes it will help you. I’m not throwing stones at you….perhaps it’s disrupting your healing? As you said they make you feel worse. So maybe you can try not doing that and see if you improve. Start directing your focus on positivity. My thoughts on this is this….the negativity isn’t working for sure so certainly positive won’t hurt. I know it may be hard for you to do but you can do it Leann.  :thumbsup: Don’t give up

Think you are just a more positive person than me. Deanna is partly right about time of year. Cold wet and rainy here, we have a big storm going accross the UK. My son coming down at weekend, for birthday, just feel pathetic as get too freaked out to even go for a meal, will have order take away. I wish I could feel more positive, I hate the effect it is having on my poor patient husband. Yes given up on the supplements. I'll stay off the protracted board, just when you feel you are going backwards so blooming hard. Guess it's still only 18 months off AD's so like double whammy. Hopefully meditation will start kicking in soon😃

Well, okey donkey and good morning to all!  Broke down and made the dreaded trip to the ER around 3 a.m., this morning.  Woke up with pelvic pain, chills, and just plain awful feeling.  Plus, right jaw pain at a level 8, so hubby and I took the five minute drive and weathered through blood tests, urinalysis, and basic X-ray of jaws. 

Results:  a low level UTI and the possibility of a dental infection?  Will see my OBGYN at 1 p.m., today to discuss natural way of healing UTI (possibly D-Mannose) and then to see my dentist on Thursday at 5 p.m.  He will take the more specialized X-rays of my jaw and check for any dental infection. 

My internist is also on board the natural healing train, and agrees that antibiotics may actually do more harm than good for the UTI. 

So, although not feeling up to snuff, so thankful for high quality health care.  All my doctors are within two miles of my home, a couple in the same medical complex.  Only my dentist requires a drive of about one half hour. 

And, how are my fellow buddies feeling this morning? 

Hugs,

GG

Hugs GG good to hear from you. Sounds like you’ve had an adventure with the ER trip. I know it brought you some peace of mind. Those pesky UTIs are suckers to deal with. Hope it resolves for you soon as well as your dental issue. Always happy to hear from you sweetheart. I’m doing ok. Tough morning dread and waves but now it’s settling down. Trying to feel a bit more better to go out to get some sunlight. It’s lunchtime here. Salad sounds good right now  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

Think you are just a more positive person than me. Deanna is partly right about time of year. Cold wet and rainy here, we have a big storm going accross the UK. My son coming down at weekend, for birthday, just feel pathetic as get too freaked out to even go for a meal, will have order take away. I wish I could feel more positive, I hate the effect it is having on my poor patient husband. Yes given up on the supplements. I'll stay off the protracted board, just when you feel you are going backwards so blooming hard. Guess it's still only 18 months off AD's so like double whammy. Hopefully meditation will start kicking in soon😃

Sounds like a good plan. You’re right about the time of year. That really does make some people feel down. And yes I am a positive person most of the time. If I wasn’t this way I honestly wouldn’t be here from all the HORRENDOUS things I’ve been through and still going through. One horror/ traumatizing thing after the next over the years. I’m not going to share what they are because I don’t want to be responsible for upsetting anybody. But it’s only God that has kept me like this. So I’m keeping that in mind. In other words my dear, it’s HIM that has me so positive.  :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy your son. Is it your birthday or his?

Think it's you that are the positive one . I really admire how you cope, especially not being able to get out. I wish I had your faith, think it can be great comfort to a lot of people. Yes always get bit down this time of year, the storm coming across here pretty bad. But I'm luckier than some, poor people in the North England got snow, and been without power fir about 10 days. It's my birthday, not doing much. This year has been tough emotionally, sure that's affected recovery, hope your troubles soon ease.

GG I really sympathise, I got UTI 's about every 3 weeks for a long time, ended up on low dose anti biotics for a year. I ended up altering my diet, cutting out certain things and touch wood, been OK since then. Hope it soon calms down fir you.

Happy Birthday Leann! We love you!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thanks, LadyDen.  You are always so sweet and reassuring, even when you are dealing with your own challenging withdrawal trials and tribulations.

Sending biggest hugs ever🙏😍😍🙏😊😊😊

GG

Thank you Leann and GG. You both are super awesome too. I just try to give support as I have been given here. We are in this together. We’re the only ones who understand what we’re going through. Many of us don’t have any or not much support at home ( like me). So it’s important to have someone who cares. Just because I’m miserable doesn’t mean I can’t show love. I’m not the only one. You guys are also lovingly supportive.  :smitten:

I was more positive and hopeful right after I got off the pills.  But getting worse at 9 years off has put me into a very deep depression.

How do you guys explain your symptoms to friends/ family. I desperately try to appear normal, as I don't  have physical symptoms harder to explain. People keep saying go away fir few days make you feel better, when can't even go out for the day, Do feel pretty low got nowhere complaining to the official ombudsman fir NHS, just got told will chase thing up with surgery. Just get so angry GP's can virtually do as they like, ignore guidance as nobody does a thing, just close ranks. Think this course made me feel worse. Send some of your optimism across the pond to me Lady D please.😖

I am joining this group of strong warriors now that I am at 15 months and one week in my post-withdrawal journey.  I feel like I am now in stage 3 of the 4 phases of the benzo withdrawal process, as I seem to bring on waves based on what I eat and when I overdue with exercise, gardening, and household chores.  My burning brain and head pressure have been my worst symptoms from the get go, with pop-ups of the dreaded benzo flu, usually if I overdue when in a window!  My headaches and burning brain symptoms can totally disappear for a week or two, and then come back to haunt me.  If I wake up with a head symptom, it may fade out as the day goes on, but like today it started out upon arising, then faded out, then reappeared with a vengeance after I fell asleep during a thunderstorm.  Now it is on fire :tickedoff:  My GP and neurologist assure me the head symptoms are related to nerve endings under the scalp regenerating/reconnecting/regrowing.  I have never had many mental symptoms, except in the first couple of months I had a few anxiety attacks, which I worked through with some of the breathing exercises.

In a very strange way I have felt more mentally alert since my benzo journey began, and score well on all sorts of trivia quizzes.....this is not to brag, but it does seem as if something is making my brain more keen and focused.  Maybe the buzzing is creating a certain current that sharpens a certain part of my head? :thumbsup:

So, I am with all of you in hoping and praying that we all get to the finish line ASAP :smitten: :smitten:

Hugs to all,

GG

Wahooooooo GG - stage 3 is awesome - go you! Xx