12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hi Leann, I got my Covid Booster shot this past Tuesday.  I had chills and moderate body aches, but I took a tylenol and was still able to mostly sleep that night.  I felt better by Wed night.  No uptick in any WD symptoms which I was concerned about of course.  But I noted on another thread that strangely enough I seem to reach a better baseline after my vaccinations.  I had the original Covid shot in April (J and J so just the one) and I recall I was able to enjoy Easter with my family with minimal symptoms.  Then I was concerned but got a flu shot mid October.  I was in a yucky wave when I got it, but I decided to go gluten free and had zero symptoms to that.  Then this past week I was doing well at baseline and I just had 4 straight days with minimal to zero Sx!  I think as long as I stay away from gluten I do ok with the shots.  I have no idea why.  I wish I could understand all of this!

How did you do with the first Covid shots?

I need to get my flu shot and booster, but I have to get rid of this awful sinus infection first!  Can’t believe how bad I feel again and this has been ongoing for about three weeks!  How is everyone else doing????

Hugs,

GG

Hey GG I'm so sorry you are sick with a sinus headache for that long :-(  Are you taking anything for it?  Ginger is an antihistamine, you could add a couple pieces to water and sip on that for a few hours and see it it helps.  I hope you feel better soon.  Are you stressed about anything (besides the obvious)...?

Hi Deanna.  Have been a little stressed which I think caused me to grind my teeth on a night that I didn’t have my night guard in.  The doctor thinks I have a combination of sinus/allergy and TMJ pain going on.  Will see my ENT doctor Wednesday and my dentist on Thursday.  Am taking Allegra, mucinex, and a prescription non-steroidal nasal spray.  Started out with allergy like symptoms which then became more like a sinus infection with lots of clear sticky phlegm.  Felt better for a bit, then got worse.  My reluctance to take Allegra and mucinex over the past couple of weeks, has prevented me from getting any better, so says my GP:  He ran blood tests and said everything checked out, but I did have pressure in my ears. 

How are you doing??????

Deanna, plus I put fresh ginger in a pot of slightly simmering water, and lightly inhaled.  I did bring up quite a bit of white sticky mucous!

Sick of being sick!!!!

Hugs, GG

I know GG! We have been struggling for so long, each of us.  It is not natural to have such a chronic illness for no other reason than making one mistake and taking a horrible drug.  My husband strained his back and developed sciatica and for the first time in this whole ordeal did he have one iota of an idea of the kind of pain I've had to endure.  He even said so, thought it was a sign from the Almighty to give him insight of what I've been through.  He got better in about a week with therapy so I'm glad for him.  But wouldn't that be nice for us??

I've been doing ok overall, but sensitive to most things.  For some reason I want to try camomile tea again, it has so many health benefits and would be nice to drink at night again.  Most ppl do ok with it, and I'm 16 months out.  Can't I drink a nice herbal tea already?????

Hope you are all doing OK. I am thinking trying Gabapentin on very low dose as some people had success with it on here. Just after 32 months really  had enough, starting to affect me physically now as well. My hair has stopped growing and got very thin. I look awful got really dark shadows under my eyes and either side my nose almost like bruises, even though sleeping OK.This happened on AD's but blood tests all clear. Doing 10 minutes on treadmill every day and go for a walk, but feel exhausted 24/7. Just feel my body as well as my mind falling apart now. Hope things improving for all of you

Garden sweetie you poor dear! I’m sorry your sinuses hadn’t gotten better. I wish I had something to tell you to do to get you some relief. But I can send you get well wishes, hugs and love. Hang in there my dear. You know eventually it will get better. BWD makes everything stubborn. Have you tried a sinus pillow? Those helped me with the pressure and headaches. Temporary but ohhhhhhh the relief was soooooo welcoming. I think mine had eucalyptus in it.

:smitten:

Hugs Deanna and Leann good to see you both here. Are you all getting ready for Thanksgiving?

Leann the gabapentine is your personal choice. But be aware that you’ll have to taper it down the road. I’ve read it has WD as well. But you do what is best for you. If you decide to take it, I hope it gives you some relief. My heart goes out to you. Sending you love and hugs sweetie. Hang in there.

Sorry Deanna that you can’t drink your chamomile tea again yet. But it is sad the sensitivities get worse the farther out we go. I agree with you…it sucks!!! I would loveeeeeee to eat a little chocolate or drink my jasmine tea. Lol

Maybe soon we will be able to do those again. Ummmmm by Xmas would be nice 👍🏼 A hot cup of hot chocolate WOW!!! I wish!!!

Hey LadyDen - I was able to introduce chocolate successfully this past summer.  I started off with one square of a good quality dark chocolate 70-80% cocoa, so less sugar in that form.  I eat 1-2 squares EVERY day with my boring decaf green tea.  But I'm not complaining about that.  It is a highlight of my day.

I am going to experiment with the camomile.  This WE I will have one cup, weakly brewed, perhaps Saturday evening.  Then I will wait 5 days because it takes that long for the active substance apigenin to wash out.  Then we'll see.  Hopefully no other "triggers" appear during that time to confound my experiment.  I just feel like if I could tolerate it (as well as enjoy it!) it would be helpful with inflammation, antioxidants and all that good stuff.  I am crossing my fingers.

And Leann, I was on gabapentin with the Ambien for nerve pain before I knew I was in tolerance.  I tolerated it just fine - it does make you  a little dopey - but when I started to withdraw all hell broke loose because it was probably masking my Ambien tolerance.  If you do try it be careful and good luck!!

Great idea Deanna. Just as I said, I’m going to try very small amount and see how it goes. The chocolate and the spray. Good luck on trying your tea. I think making it weak is smart.  :thumbsup:

Hey LadyDen - I was able to introduce chocolate successfully this past summer.  I started off with one square of a good quality dark chocolate 70-80% cocoa, so less sugar in that form.  I eat 1-2 squares EVERY day with my boring decaf green tea.  But I'm not complaining about that.  It is a highlight of my day.

I am going to experiment with the camomile.  This WE I will have one cup, weakly brewed, perhaps Saturday evening.  Then I will wait 5 days because it takes that long for the active substance apigenin to wash out.  Then we'll see.  Hopefully no other "triggers" appear during that time to confound my experiment.  I just feel like if I could tolerate it (as well as enjoy it!) it would be helpful with inflammation, antioxidants and all that good stuff.  I am crossing my fingers.

And Leann, I was on gabapentin with the Ambien for nerve pain before I knew I was in tolerance.  I tolerated it just fine - it does make you  a little dopey - but when I started to withdraw all hell broke loose because it was probably masking my Ambien tolerance.  If you do try it be careful and good luck!!

Thanks Deanna, just thinking about it as not getting any better. If I do will just try very low dose with a view to tapering off asap. Can you remember what dose you were on. It's just recommended for anxiety. Got phone appt with GP Friday see what she says. I take chamomile capsules every night they help with sleep. Most things really Rev me up, but been fine on them, the tea never did much these are stronger. What do you do at Thanksgiving is it bit like Christmas with Turkey? Just had bonfire night here with lots fireworks going off. Was able to see them inside in the warm luckily!

Hi Leann, I started the gabapentin at a very low dose of 100mg morning and night for 200mg total.  I got up to 400mg total and it really knocked me out at night even though that is still a pretty low dose.  Stayed on it for only 3.5 months, and my pain level got better so I started to taper off very slowly.  I dropped 100mg back to 300mg and that was just fine, but the next drop down to 200mg I really started feeling soooo odd mentally, and I was crying all the time.  I think I was becoming depressed truthfully but didn't realize it at the time.  Also, that is when I started have all over body pain and the start of my fibromyalgia which was really bad at night before I took my Ambien but had no idea this was interdose withdrawal.  If I had to do over I would have tapered Ambien first, then the gabapentin, but it's all history now....

Thanks Deanna, if I do take it was only going to try 100mg as seem very sensitive to meds. Just after nearly 32 months not sure how much longer can go on just hoping things will improve. When you hear of  some people going on for years like this. I am sleeping much better just wish anxiety would improve as well. Had years of insomnia would take that over feeling like this any day, I could function with it unlike now. Wish to god I'd just put up with it, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Guess we all think that. Sorry about your fibromyalgia have heard it's really painful.😋

Good morning everyone. Maybe today will be better for us all. I keep hoping I wake up one morning feeling normal. Healed preferably but so far not the case. But I will one day soon. And we all will.

Leann our Thanksgiving here in the USA is always on a Thursday at the end of November. It is a day of giving thanks for the year and upcoming year for the blessings of family, food, well being, being provided for, etc. This was started by the pilgrims and native Americans when the pilgrims reached America a long time ago. They helped each other by showing each other how to do things especially how to grow food. To celebrate their thankfulness for the good harvest after working together they all sat down to have a meal. This is where this holiday and having a big meal of giving thanks comes from. At Christmas we have a similar meal with family and friends to celebrate the joy of the season. In observation of the Savior’s birth although Dec 25 is not his birthday according to the Bible. This is the time of the year, it was decided to be celebrated because some was celebrating it at different times. This is why our government makes decisions on what holidays are celebrated on what day so we are all unified. As for me…. I’m thankful every day. I celebrate the Savior of the world every day.  :)

Thanks Deanna, if I do take it was only going to try 100mg as seem very sensitive to meds. Just after nearly 32 months not sure how much longer can go on just hoping things will improve. When you hear of  some people going on for years like this. I am sleeping much better just wish anxiety would improve as well. Had years of insomnia would take that over feeling like this any day, I could function with it unlike now. Wish to god I'd just put up with it, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Guess we all think that. Sorry about your fibromyalgia have heard it's really painful.😋

Yeah Leann - we all have that one symptom that we just can't handle as well as the others.  I can totally live with the tinnitus, occasional insomnia, mild anxiety, etc but once that nerve pain flares on me I'm useless!

What does your anxiety feel like?  Is is all chemical or do you notice a psychological component to it?

It's definitely chemical feel, I know what I'm feeling isn't real, almost like I'm detached from my brain? All the usual CBT, therapy type stuff does nothing. Think family stress didn't help. Yes I've got tinnitus, and coped with very little sleep while working  for years but was able to function. I can cope with lot physical pain , when badly broke my wrist managed to cope, but mental stuff floors me. Yes seems we all have certain symptoms that we just can't cope with. I've had migraines for years so used living with pain maybe😋

Yes the chemical anxiety is awful.  I think for me it is all epinephrine/adrenaline surge, and certain things things like vitamin C def stir it up.  There are times when I think that symptom has gone, but a little stress and it's back. 

I don't know what would make that better, seems like anything anyone tries tends to backfire.

:'(

Yes every supplement seems Rev it up, therapy useless. I can take chamomile at night luckily helps with sleep. I'll see what GP says. I know everyone says takes time, but not improving been nearly 32 months, wondering how much longer I can just keep waiting. Scared myself bit looking on protracted board, not a good idea😫

Gosh I know what you mean....I'm only reading the success stories and a few of the recent ones are ppl who have healed AFTER 8-10 YEARS!  I mean I'm happy for them but if this take 10 years?!  OMG!!!!

We must hold out hope...it's all we got.  And I'm happy for you that camomile caps work for you.  I think I'm gonna try the tea this WE...I hope I can tolerate it.

You've been noticing improvement so sure you'll  be OK. I've struggled find anyone at 32 months off with no improvement except on protracted board, so def thinking trying something else if I can get it. Can't do another 4 or 5 years of this. If I was younger would wait it out, but being older health wise you don't what's round corner, just want be able to do things while still got my physical health. Could really curse that GP that made me go CT , nasty as that sounds☹️

Yes I understand how you feel. Do you think the chamomile is causing you an issue. Dr Ashton put it on the no no list. Do you think you could try not to use any for a week or two and see if it makes a difference?

Those of you in the USA, this is to honor our veterans and heroes who bravely serve our country. We are thinking of you and your families. We are sending you our love. Most importantly WE THANK YOU!!!,

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️🌟❤️🌟🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Me too Leann - I curse the day I ever started on the Ambien.  I actually remember the morning after I took the first pill.  I was always leary of new meds, so I was on the lookout for adverse reactions.  I got up in the AM and felt nauseous - in fact I actually tossed my cookies.  Thought it might have been the Ambien so called my doc about it.  She said it's likely not the drug and it's fine to still take it.

In retrospect I think my body was already sensing poison, and that was a moment in time that changed my life forever.

Deanna I agree with you. I had bodily warnings too but doctor said it was ok and encouraged me to continue taking it.

Wow if we only knew!!!

Yes I understand how you feel. Do you think the chamomile is causing you an issue. Dr Ashton put it on the no no list. Do you think you could try not to use any for a week or two and see if it makes a difference?

Those of you in the USA, this is to honor our veterans and heroes who bravely serve our country. We are thinking of you and your families. We are sending you our love. Most importantly WE THANK YOU!!!,

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️🌟❤️🌟🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

[/quote

No J've drunk chamomile tea for years because of insomnia. I did try stopping it but made no difference and made sleep lot worse. I know it affects some people. Think Ashton has virtually banned everything! I get reaction very quickly if anything affecting me. Do you have 2 minute silence over there? We have it at 11am, it's my son's 40th today so always know when It's rememberance day. We've got knitted poppies all over trees on our village green looks lovely.