Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Just looked up Ashton manual looks like was first published in 2001. They've known there was a problem here for a long time. Just wish I had the money to take up a lawsuit,in my dreams!!I complained to NHS England about my GP, zero response from my surgery of course😝

Just looked up Ashton manual looks like was first published in 2001. They've known there was a problem here for a long time. Just wish I had the money to take up a lawsuit,in my dreams!!I complained to NHS England about my GP, zero response from my surgery of course😝

They knew way before then as well. Yep

Lovely artwork, what are they done in. I used to do watercolours at beginning withdrawal can't get into it now. I've done some mosaics and tapestries. Also go to flower arranging classes. Don't know how to post pictures onto here though!

Me either Leann - I researched it and you have to have the pics on some location in the internet.  Then insert a link to it.

Perhaps Pinterest is the best place to do that just as LD did!

Your artwork is so pretty LadyD....Are these your creations?

Yes ma’am they are my handy work. As I find pictures of my other ones, I’ll put them in the gallery. After I do them, I give them away as gifts. Some I’ve taken pictures of and some not. But I have others that I’ve used real items to add to the paintings. I miss going to the park to paint. But I will again soon.

Lovely artwork, what are they done in. I used to do watercolours at beginning withdrawal can't get into it now. I've done some mosaics and tapestries. Also go to flower arranging classes. Don't know how to post pictures onto here though!

You can use pinterest as I did. I used acrylics and real life items.

Woweeeeee, LadyDen there is a very talented gene running throughout your family....you and your son have talent galore, and I thank you for sharing your art work and your son’s album.  Proud proud proud you should be.

Hugs,

GG

You can use pinterest as I did. I used acrylics and real life items.

You are very talented. I'm not very techy, did try put a photo on but didn't work. Don't know how to post links either duh!!!Maybe you could print off some pictures then paint them. Have you ever tried pastels? I found them a bit too messy as you have rub them in. I like Gustav Klimit got the Kiss in my bathroom!

UPDATE:  I heard from my OBGYN yesterday and the vaginal culture showed an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina!  She did not say I had a UTI and I have none of the classic symptoms that goes along with that diagnosis.  What I have is a sickish feeling with chills, some pressure in my abdomen, and malaise.  My urine is totally clear, no discharge, and odor.  She advised me to drink tons of water, drink a probiotic called Raw, and to rest.

I just feel awful and will see her again tomorrow at 10 am.  She is benzo savvy and says she will not give me an antibiotic unless the bacterial overgrowth spreads to my kidneys!

Any thoughts my BBs?????  I hope you are all feeling the healing.......we all want to feel better, don’t we?😍🙏

Hugs,

GG 

UPDATE:  I heard from my OBGYN yesterday and the vaginal culture showed an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina!  She did not say I had a UTI and I have none of the classic symptoms that goes along with that diagnosis.  What I have is a sickish feeling with chills, some pressure in my abdomen, and malaise.  My urine is totally clear, no discharge, and odor.  She advised me to drink tons of water, drink a probiotic called Raw, and to rest.

I just feel awful and will see her again tomorrow at 10 am.  She is benzo savvy and says she will not give me an antibiotic unless the bacterial overgrowth spreads to my kidneys!

Any thoughts my BBs?????  I hope you are all feeling the healing.......we all want to feel better, don’t we?😍🙏

Hugs,

GG

Hey GG!!  Sorry to hear of this complication but your Dr sounds like she is all over it (so to speak...)  I have been doing a lot of research on probiotics and learned that the microbiome doesn't just exist in our guts, we have bacterial populations on our skin, vagina, mouth, etc.  Any imbalance can cause symptoms and antibiotics only make things worse. 

So many ppl beg for antibiotics whenever they have a virus - they believe they are the answer to everything.  Meanwhile they only cause more issues.  What is the raw probiotic that your Dr. prescribed?  Is it raw milk from a farm?  I was going to try that but right now drinking lots of kefir (12 strains of good bacteria) and taking culturelle.  So far so good.  I think it's helping me sleep better too.

I also read somewhere that using mouthwash everyday throws of the good bacteria in our mouths, so I have stopped using that too.

You are spot on Deanna, and mirror basically what my OBGYN and internist say....no need for antibiotics unless I have a life threatening infection that goes to my kidneys, or one that may turn into sepsis.  I had a UTI once right before I got into this bwd, and ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection that almost turned sepsis.  Wow, was I ill.  I remember turning to my husband and saying, I feel like I am dying.  Then the nurse came in and said that I did not have sepsis, but they put me on Cipro....NO!!!!  That is when my complicated withdrawal began.

The OBGYN has me drinking lots of water with electrolytes, resting and she wants me to start on a probiotic called Garden of Life Raw Probiotics.  They sell it at our local Sprouts Organic Market, and it has to be refrigerated.  I will see my OBGYN again tomorrow and I will then ask her what strength she wants me to take.  I feel a little better today so am hoping that things are beginning to clear out a little; I started with these symptoms the day after Thanksgiving, so the timeframe  for a VB infection is about seven to ten days.

My internist does not push antibiotics at all!  He is Chinese and believes in natural healing as much as possible.  He has been urging me to drink kefir, but I tried it once and did not like it at all.  I have since read that it comes in different flavors that makes it more palatable.  Have you heard of this?

Thanks again to all who have listened and supported me on another bump in the benzoroad🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😍😍

Hugs,

GG

You are spot on Deanna, and mirror basically what my OBGYN and internist say....no need for antibiotics unless I have a life threatening infection that goes to my kidneys, or one that may turn into sepsis.  I had a UTI once right before I got into this bwd, and ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection that almost turned sepsis.  Wow, was I ill.  I remember turning to my husband and saying, I feel like I am dying.  Then the nurse came in and said that I did not have sepsis, but they put me on Cipro....NO!!!!  That is when my complicated withdrawal began.

The OBGYN has me drinking lots of water with electrolytes, resting and she wants me to start on a probiotic called Garden of Life Raw Probiotics.  They sell it at our local Sprouts Organic Market, and it has to be refrigerated.  I will see my OBGYN again tomorrow and I will then ask her what strength she wants me to take.  I feel a little better today so am hoping that things are beginning to clear out a little; I started with these symptoms the day after Thanksgiving, so the timeframe  for a VB infection is about seven to ten days.

My internist does not push antibiotics at all!  He is Chinese and believes in natural healing as much as possible.  He has been urging me to drink kefir, but I tried it once and did not like it at all.  I have since read that it comes in different flavors that makes it more palatable.  Have you heard of this?

Thanks again to all who have listened and supported me on another bump in the benzoroad🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😍😍

Hugs,

GG

Yes GG, There are different flavors of the Kefir brand I use.  It's called Lifeway and I drink the unsweetened version, but they make a blueberry, strawberry and a sweetened version.  I tried the blueberry and it was yummy.  Kefir is very tart, but you get used to it.  I put it on granola that I make myself and it's a good afternoon snack.

I also put it in my green smoothies, that way you don't notice it at all.

Thanks so much for this information, Dee!  I will pick up one of the flavored ones tomorrow and see how I like it.  Blueberry would be my first choice as I often have blueberries either in my green smoothie, on top of yogurt, and even mixed in with cottage cheese.

Healing hugs,

GG

Hugs everyone! How’s your morning/ day going so far?

I want to try yogurt so bad but I’m honestly scared. I’ve read mixed posts about it reving up. For some reason even before this happened I can’t handle eating blueberry things….well some things. For instance if I eat blueberry muffins or a few in yogurt then I’m totally fine. If I eat cereal with blueberries in it, I feel sick. I’ve never understood that. But I really like them!  I used to eat Special K red berry cereal ( it has strawberries in it). So delicious. I was ordering groceries and tortured myself. Instead of just searching for what I needed I started looking at what I used to buy or eat. It made me sad. Made me realize how limited my diet is. I’m going to try to add things back little by little because I’m sooooooooo tired of the same meals.

Anybody understand this? Are y’all able to eat whatever you want?

I want to try yogurt so bad but I’m honestly scared. I’ve read mixed posts about it reving up. For some reason even before this happened I can’t handle eating blueberry things….well some things. For instance if I eat blueberry muffins or a few in yogurt then I’m totally fine. If I eat cereal with blueberries in it, I feel sick. I’ve never understood that. But I really like them!  I used to eat Special K red berry cereal ( it has strawberries in it). So delicious. I was ordering groceries and tortured myself. Instead of just searching for what I needed I started looking at what I used to buy or eat. It made me sad. Made me realize how limited my diet is. I’m going to try to add things back little by little because I’m sooooooooo tired of the same meals.

OMG LD, I SOOOOO feel ya on this!!  I have been doing Gluten Free and that is killing me, but whenever I go off it, it seems to bite me is the a$$.  Maybe your blueberry issue has more to do with the sugar content in some of the things (cereal? muffin?) vs just straight berries.  I do a green smoothie with all fresh berries, celery, spinach or baby kale, and kefir/yogurt.  Some yogurts have so much sugar in them.  I go with chobani or siggi's and try to stay low sugar.  I started that for the probiotics and never had a problem.  Then I added in kefir, and now I'm doing an actual probiotic supplement for a whole 7 days now and so far so good!!  First actual supplement I've tolerated.  And I must say I think it is helping my gut health and sleeping very soundly.

Also now trying the baby vitamin D drops since I'm low and so far 2 days ok with that.  My light hasn't come yet :-(

Once I get a little more time my next thing is to try to introduce very small amounts of gluten here and there.  I can't live forever without good pizza!

I think I may have turned a corner with the sensitivity thing - I HOPE!!!  The one cup of coffee in the am has done wonders for me in feeling more normal.

Hello all from a suffering bb here!  Please check out my recent post on the post withdrawal board.  Suffering with awful ear, jaw, and head pain. Godsmyhope asked if I had been tested for a fungal infection of the nasal passages!!!  I did not know that this could even be a issue, and since a bacterial infection was ruled out, I never considered fungal, but early on in withdrawal I had a toenail drop off, and I have had the female issues.  Has anyone else been diagnosed with a fungal infection in the nasal passages?

This pain and the length of this sinus condition has me really worried!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Yep I get this. I had food allergies before Benzo’s but during BWD I’m super sensitive. If I eat right then I get way less symptoms but I’m soooooo bored with the required restrictive diet. Oh well. Must get back on the straight & narrow.

GG: sorry you are suffering.  I hope you get to the bottom of the sinus stuff pronto. 

Xx

Hi Beck’s, I hadn’t either but I googled it in the search box, and actually read of some buddies that had gotten a fungal infection in the sinuses.  Scary stuff, so I am trying not to go there!

Thanks for your suggestion about not taking baths and I agree!  My obgyn and iI discussed it and she said showers are better in keeping bacteria from growing down in the Netherlands!!!

Hugs,

GG