Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

Wonder Woman;

Glad your cycling through the covid without it getting scary. I wanted to share what my son is experiencing, might help you anticipate what's coming.

For the first 3 days he said is body hurt all over more than at any time in his life. on day 4/5 he slept 24 hours.  He was then able to do some things, but the intense fatigue waves back, and he has to go to bed. He is still in the fatigue waves. He works from home mostly, so doing what he can when he is not sleeping. His appetite is good. Today is his 29th birthday.

Hopefully your experience will be similar to his, and not severe. :smitten:

Hi Baddove = I am so sorry your son is still sick.  It is a shame he has covid at all but for him to have it on his 29th birthday is sad!  I will continue praying for him and for you!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten: :angel:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely aside from the weaning process I do have a question.  Again, this has nothing to do with my process.

I am curious if .75-1 mg of Xanax is considered a small or a normal dose. The reason I ask is that I have asked several really good Docs as well as Pharmacists.  The response is generally that it is a relatively small dose.

Trust me, I am not looking for a reason to speed up the process. I am simply curious.  I have checked out over a dozen sites for knowledge about getting off of this poison.  I have found exactly zero information or charts for weaning from1mg or less. It is always based upon 3 or more mgs.

Any input would be appreciated,

Rcristal

Rcristal,

I do not think anyone can tell you if the dose you have been on is a small or normal dose as it depends on the individual person and what their problems are. What I have seen on the internet is .25 mg 3 times a day to start, but again, it depends on what it is being prescribed for. 

What I will tell you is that it does not matter to xanax if it is a small or normal dose, what matters is anyone who takes this drug for longer than a few weeks, some people less, that xanax affects your brain and central nervous system.  It will depend on how affected they are as to how long and how many symptoms you can have or not have tapering and getting off the xanax.  Please keep in mind - there are those here on BB that have been on .25 mg once a day for a couple weeks and have had difficulties tapering and getting off xanax.  We are not just trying to get off xanax, we are also trying to heal our brain and CNS as we do it.

I too looked all over the internet for help and information on xanax and everything I could find about how it affects you and how to get off of it safely and that is when I found Benzobuddies.  Nowhere else have I found the information I have needed and wanted to know.  I am going to add a link to something someone here that is a Administrator has posted and it is very informative and helpful.  It answers so many questions about What is happening in your brain.

I hope you will read this and know this is the information that will more than likely help you more than looking on the internet. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.0

Take care.

Julia

Thank you so much for the prayers and encouragement.I’m trying to stay so strong and positive. It’s so hard though because this is the worst! Keep praying for me please,I really appreciate it!  :smitten:

Thank you so much for the prayers and encouragement.I’m trying to stay so strong and positive. It’s so hard though because this is the worst! Keep praying for me please,I really appreciate it!  :smitten:

I feel so bad for you!  I wish there was something I could do for you!  Know that I will continue to keep you in my prayers and hope this will get better for you soon.  It is so crazy how quickly covid takes hold.

I am sending you big hugs and love - hang in there

Love,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just found out I will receive the vaccine on Thursday.  I am older Husband and Dad and feel bad because my family is not yet eligible.  They, however are really pleased for me.

Best to all,

Rcristal

Thanks everyone!

My hubby felt a bit better today finally. Not great but a small improvement and we’ll take it. We use a pulse ox and we are at 98 and 99 so that’s good. I have no cough really but he has a terrible one. We both can’t smell but I can taste and he cannot. I still keep spiking fevers with such weakness and aches. Terrible headache comes and goes. I do mostly laying in bed and sleeping and just resting. I watch Disney plus. I keep thinking tomorrow has got to be the day. Very tough stuff. I cannot express how much I appreciate the love, prayers, hugs, and thoughts. You are all so amazing and I believe you all are what gives me strength!  Love and hugs back to each of you!  :smitten:

Thanks everyone!

My hubby felt a bit better today finally. Not great but a small improvement and we’ll take it. We use a pulse ox and we are at 98 and 99 so that’s good. I have no cough really but he has a terrible one. We both can’t smell but I can taste and he cannot. I still keep spiking fevers with such weakness and aches. Terrible headache comes and goes. I do mostly laying in bed and sleeping and just resting. I watch Disney plus. I keep thinking tomorrow has got to be the day. Very tough stuff. I cannot express how much I appreciate the love, prayers, hugs, and thoughts. You are all so amazing and I believe you all are what gives me strength!  Love and hugs back to each of you!  :smitten:

Hi WonderWoman1111 - that is great news - feeling a little better is better than getting worse.  Hang in there and I am hoping and praying things get better for both of you soon.  Sounds like it has been really rough.  I keep praying my husband and I do not get it either as he is very high risk.  We take so many precautions and now the South Africa mutant is here in South Carolina so we are trying to be even more careful.  We do not go out much to start with and only go out if it is 100% necessary.

Even being so careful - all it takes is being exposed to 1 person to get it so we are trying to stay away from anyone.

Continue to keep the faith and good attitude. 

Love and hugs and prayers for you both!!!

Julia  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello all - I have not seen anyone post lately so I wanted to check on everyone and see how everyone is doing.  I am doing ok.  A very special friend that has been like a Mom to me had a stroke this week so I am praying she will recover.  She was 80 yesterday and it is sad she was and is in the hospital but I am just thankful she is alive.  I got so upset that my anxiety went into high gear and I started getting blurred vision and got a horrible headache so I went to bed early and that helped.

WonderWoman1111- how are you and your husband doing?  I am hoping you are doing better - have not seen you on in a few days.  You are still in my thoughts and prayers. 

Baddove - how are you.  I know you were in a wave and I am hoping you are getting through it ok and are getting better.

Seasalt -- how are you doing?  I hope the last cut is not giving you too much discomfort.

Lori - how is the cut going?  I hope your muscles are getting better.

Everyone - I am hoping and praying that we all continue to get through this and covid too - what a 2020 and now 2021.  At least they say the numbers are getting a little better.  Some progress is better than none.  I talked to my therapist yesterday and she told me she had it and it went into pneumonia and that everyone in her home got it but everyone is getting better.

I am making a cut tomorrow and will be down to .5625 and that makes it 83.93% down.  I am so happy to see that number but will be so much happier when it is 100% off this drug.  I have a while to go but I am getting there.

Take care all! 

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi there! I finally have made the turn for the better on day 12! I’m cripples with exhaustion now, but am glad to be feeling better somewhat. I must admit my hubby and I were nervous we would end up in the hospital. I cannot reiterate again how sick I was. I actually started yesterday making my 1 ml reductions again. I didn’t want to sit for too long holding.  I know I never want that stuff back again in my life! I hope all of you are doing well during your cuts and any of you in waves I’m hoping they pass soon. I’m sending lots of hugs and love to you all! Wow, Julia that number is so impressive! So proud of you and you should be darn proud of yourself! You are getting closer and closer! Sending all my best to you all and many positive vibes!  :smitten:

Mary ( aka WW1111)

Wonderwoman,

I am so relieved to hear you are on the med!!  Julia, I am still making cuts weekly and doing great.  I have noticed in the last few months a small lesion on my right nostril.  I am worried sick that it is skin cancer.  Calling Monday for a doctors visit.  I feel like I constantly have medical issues.

How are you?

Seasalt,

I will be praying for you that it’s not skin cancer! Definitely needs to be checked out but I’ll pray hard it’s ok! I’m so happy for you that you’re cuts are going well. You’re doing amazing! Keep,it up! I’m sending hugs to you!!  :smitten:

WonderWoman - I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better. I've been worried about you and your husband.

I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping to do well with this cut. It's been a long journey but I know I'll get there.

Seasalt - I'm glad your cuts are going well. Sorry you're having an issue with your nostril. I'm hoping it's nothing and glad you're calling your doctor. I can relate to the medical issues. Seems like something is always popping up. I'm keeping you in my prayers too. Keep us posted.

Hugs and love and lots of prayers.

Julia  :smitten:

Very pleased for all of you who are doing better. I am still struggling more than I can cope with well per a recent cut, a death in the family last week, and other issues. I will check in so you know I am still here, may not have much wisdom to share. :smitten: :smitten:

Very pleased for all of you who are doing better. I am still struggling more than I can cope with well per a recent cut, a death in the family last week, and other issues. I will check in so you know I am still here, may not have much wisdom to share. :smitten: :smitten:

Baddove- I'm so sorry you're still having a really hard time!! I'm also sorry for your loss. I know everything together is making this an extremely rough time for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers and I'm sending you love and big hugs. I hope you'll be better soon.

Please take care.

Love,

Julia :smitten:

I took my cut from my first dose of the day and I am feeling it already. I'm going to give it a couple days and may have to cut from a different dose of the day. I don't know why it still surprises me that I can feel a cut so fast sometimes.

Take care everyone.

Hugs,

Julia :smitten:

Same thing. I am stunned by how much a small cut makes, and immediately. Don't know whether to keep going (day 4) or go up. Very concerned about up dosing, however, I have done it way too many times, and my total dosage is completely unacceptable to me. I am on day 4, not getting relief.

I have no idea if waiting it out helps or not, I usually cave after about a week.

I am starting to think I am one of the peole who never stabilize. I have been in such distress for so long. This cut makes it worse, but I was starting to paradox from where I was stuck at.

Thoughts on acclimating to a cut? Any experience anyone has would be appreciated. :smitten:

Hi Baddove,  For me it seems the lower I go, the faster I can feel a cut.  I had read that on here months ago and was hoping I would be different.  Once I took my second dose today, I started to feel a little better.  Still not 100% but closer to 70%.  I will take that.  I will also give it a couple days and see what happens. 

The first dose of the day is my largest of the day so I wanted to start taking away from that as I go down but do not know how that is going to work since when I take my first dose of the day it has already been 12 hours since the last dose from the day before.  Not wanting to start my day in WD is why I kept the 1st dose the highest.

I am really hoping I can adjust and leave it like it is right now.  I may have to just bear through it and see how I do.

I feel so bad for you as it has been so rough for you.  The only thing I know is that for me sometimes if a cut is too rough, I can sometimes change the cut from another dose and it sometimes works out better.  Sometimes I do have to go back up for another week and try again.

Don't beat yourself up because you have updosed before, you did what you needed to do.  You are trying so hard to taper and it may be that you have a rough time until you get to a lower dose. 

I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope things get better for you!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks  for the input.  I have come to the conclusion that seroquel is a big part of my problem. I often miss a dose (like last night) and I never get OK the next day. The second is that I can no longer take this dose of xanax, I have to go up. I am in withdraw all day. This is simply torture, and it's not helping me taper, it's making my life a nightmare.

Xanax never makes me feel good, no matter the dose. It gives me physical symptoms of withdraw. Low, high, dose does not matter. It will however allow me to have some functionality if I go up, and that is a better option than what I am going through.

I feel very stuck on these 2 meds that both create hellish withdraw. And if I miss a seroquel, I never get OK.

I want to schedule a virtual apt with my pdoc, and hope that works. As I am right now, I couldn't get there. Will call tomorrow.

I have no solution. Hopefully, he does. Perhaps another attempt at a crossover.

we will see if there is anything hopeful in this mess from his perspective when I can talk with him.

Baddove - you need to do what you need to in order to get some relief and if that means you need to go up on your dose, do not hesitate.  You have suffered so much and it is so sad.  It breaks my heart.  You deserve to feel better.  I tried seroquel 4 years ago and it did not help me but I am sure that is because xanax does not play well with others, for me.

I am glad you are going to call your pdoc.  I hope he has a suggestion that will help you get out of the hell you are in. 

What dose are you on now?  I looked at your signature but am unsure.  If you don't mind me asking -

You will get better, there has got to be something that the doctor or someone can do to help with what you are going through.

Please take care of yourself and if you need to go up a dose - go and do it - life is too short to be miserable and suffering, especially for as long as you have.

Love you lady - I am sending you big hugs and I am praying for relief and a solution to come soon for you!

Julia :smitten: :smitten: :angel:

My pdoc will be out of the office next week, so any appointment would come later. By then I will have up dosed (from 8.5 to 9 Mg's per day give or take) I am confident I will still need guidance. I also received a letter from his office Saturday (Doesn't that just suck? I have to wait 2 days to find out why, not helpful to my anxiety.) saying I need o make an appointment, no reason given. That freaked me out. It could be he wants to do a med check, or just a random letter. My physical is in 3 weeks, and I did have a virtual meeting with him in January talking about this very issue. He told me to stay at 9MGS and stop cutting and go to the gym and all the things I can do that are non medicinal to get relief, then cut.

Of course my benzo fear kicks in and says he is going to do something drastic, however, my history with him over the past 6 years does not bear that out. However, I am nervous. Will be glad to call them tomorrow and find out why they sent the letter.

I cut anyway, because the higher doses (we are talking .16-.25 Mg's) made me have too many symptoms. BUT, I was getting out on the higher dose, just hating the sxs the drug invokes) But this is much worse.

My God, what else can I say. Just imagine every negative and hopeless thought, I wont write them out. I was just going to not post until I felt better, because I don't want to be a downer. But getting all of that out is rather cathartic. Love you sista!

Appreciate you moderating the moderator :crazy::smitten:

Baddove, I am so sorry to hear you are having such a rough go.  I can tell you, the first six months of my taper was brutal.  I felt every cut about three days after.  I cut 2.5 percent and held for a month.  Then one day I felt better and opted to only hold two weeks and the eventually I was cutting weekly.  As I have stated recently, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease.  When I first went into tolerance withdrawal I was hyperthyroid and then went hypo and then back to hyper.  I think things have leveled out a bit.  I am assuming this played a role.

Your body is needing more time, I would hold until you feel ready again.  Sending positive energy your way.  Hugs..

My pdoc will be out of the office next week, so any appointment would come later. By then I will have up dosed (from 8.5 to 9 Mg's per day give or take) I am confident I will still need guidance. I also received a letter from his office Saturday (Doesn't that just suck? I have to wait 2 days to find out why, not helpful to my anxiety.) saying I need o make an appointment, no reason given. That freaked me out. It could be he wants to do a med check, or just a random letter. My physical is in 3 weeks, and I did have a virtual meeting with him in January talking about this very issue. He told me to stay at 9MGS and stop cutting and go to the gym and all the things I can do that are non medicinal to get relief, then cut. Yes that does suck!!  That is always the way when we do not need another surprise!  Sounds like your anxiety is making you think the worst,  But - it sounds like it is probably about your physical.  Hopefully so.  Just one more day to wait now.  Is there a reason that you decided to start your taper again instead of waiting?  Maybe your doc has other plans for you to get you down in dose.

Of course my benzo fear kicks in and says he is going to do something drastic, however, my history with him over the past 6 years does not bear that out. However, I am nervous. Will be glad to call them tomorrow and find out why they sent the letter.  I understand completely, benzo fear is a real thing and can really mess with our heads especially when we are having a rough time to start with.  I am going to think positive for you until you are able to on your own.  :smitten:

I cut anyway, because the higher doses (we are talking .16-.25 Mg's) made me have too many symptoms. BUT, I was getting out on the higher dose, just hating the sxs the drug invokes) But this is much worse.  It really sounds like this poison has such a hold on you and that is hard.  I believe things will get better!  It is just a question of what you can do that will make things better for you and how you can taper without feeling like crap and worse.  Right now being on the higher dose may be what you have to do.  You are a beautiful and caring person, things will get better. 

My God, what else can I say. Just imagine every negative and hopeless thought, I wont write them out. I was just going to not post until I felt better, because I don't want to be a downer. But getting all of that out is rather cathartic. Love you sista! Sometimes it is good just to put it all out there even if it is about negative feelings, symptoms and just that right now life sucks because it gets it out of you and it helps others, including me because you are being real and I need that for my own healing.  It is sad that you are going through what you are and I wish you were not, but it helps me that you are sharing because I learn from you. No one's journey through this is all good. 

Appreciate you moderating the moderator :crazy::smitten:  It is my pleasure LOL

Love you too sista!!