Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

Awwww, I’m so sorry you are feeling discomfort! I am thinking of you! You got this! It will pass and get better. You are so strong and look how far you’ve come already! Sending big hugs!  :smitten:

Thanks WonderWoman1111, Thank you so much!  I appreciate your encouragement and for taking the time to respond with all you are dealing with..  It is much needed at this moment.  LOL  I agree it will pass, the sooner it does, the better.  :) :)  Thank you for the hugs!  They are also needed and appreciated.  I am sending some back to you!!  :smitten: :smitten:  The stomach pain has gone and now I just feel yucky and my stomach is like a nervous stomach.  I am glad the pain left and that could have been from something else, I don't know.  I am going to lay on the couch and watch some tv and maybe take a nap.  I laid down earlier but only for a few minutes.

Thanks for reminding me of how far I have come.  :angel:  It is just a bad day symptom wise but it will get better and I will be back to my silly self.  :crazy: 

How are you doing and how is your husband?  I know this has got to be hard for you - alot harder than the issues I am having right now.  That puts it in perspective for sure for me. 

I hope the both of you are doing good and I am hoping your husband has a very fast recovery! 

Keep us posted.  You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers and I am hoping this will not be too hard to get through.  After all, you already had a lot to deal with to start with.  I do think that we are not given more than we can handle.  At least that is what I tell myself.  :thumbsup:

Take care ladybug,

Hugs and love coming your way!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is one full week since I cut from 1 mg of Xanax to .875. Keep in mind that I had only been on 1 mg for several weeks. Prior to that I was on .75mg for 1-2 years.

The Docs, who are terrific and caring have me scheduled to reduce to .75 again after one week. However, I am a bit shaky and will remain here for a few days and then decide.  This is where acceptance therapy helps.  And, as Dr Weeks said, " let time pass."

I can meditate and relax through the anxiety but it still feels terrible.  Dealing with so many medical issues plus this **** Xanax is tough. However, I am walking, meditating and having a good attitude.  And,,,, under guidance from a good therapist, I am focusing on CBT and basically good thoughts.   

Best to all, please stay safe.

Rcristal

What great progress Rcristal!  Wonderwoman, I hope your husband is doing ok and you are spared from getting the virus.  Julia, I too have off and on stomach discomfort and pain under my ribs.  It is so odd, it comes and goes.  In addition over the last week or so, I have had dry eye/mouth and burning in my mouth. That seems to have passed and I am thankful.  Hopeful I can continue dosing down.

Best to you all, each of you is so inspiring.  Thank you for always posting progress, it helps to see it!  Hugs..

Rcristal, this is where listening to your body and not tapering too fast comes into play. Waiting a few more days sounds like a good plan. I had been on the highest dose I was on for a few months before I started tapering and I guess because I had already been on Xanax so Long, it really hit me hard. Sounds like you are doing the right things. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Seasalt- thanks for posting. I've had these stomach issues many times after a cut so it's not abnormal to have them now but earlier my stomach was hurting pretty bad with pain. I'm glad that's stopped and it's just the discomfort I'm used to having after making a cut.

I'm glad your dry eye/mourh burning has gone away.

Take care everyone. We'll get through this.

Hugs,

Julia :smitten:

Hi ladies! My hubby is doing better than he was. He has a cough and no taste or smell. He feels very fatigued. I on the other hand have I’m afraid not been spared. I am feeling pretty crummy, aches and chills, cough, plugged up nose, and feeling pretty weak. I keep trying to convince myself it’s all in my head! I’m going to hold at my dose I’m at for right now so I’m not adding any other stress to my body. Darn it anyway! We were so careful but it is what it is. I’m hoping that I will have a milder case otherwise. I’m guessing tomorrow I’ll have to go get a test now. Yuck! But I am strong and I will get through this as well. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers! Please keep them coming! Hugs and positive vibes to you all!  :smitten:

Hi ladies! My hubby is doing better than he was. He has a cough and no taste or smell. He feels very fatigued. I on the other hand have I’m afraid not been spared. I am feeling pretty crummy, aches and chills, cough, plugged up nose, and feeling pretty weak. I keep trying to convince myself it’s all in my head! I’m going to hold at my dose I’m at for right now so I’m not adding any other stress to my body. Darn it anyway! We were so careful but it is what it is. I’m hoping that I will have a milder case otherwise. I’m guessing tomorrow I’ll have to go get a test now. Yuck! But I am strong and I will get through this as well. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers! Please keep them coming! Hugs and positive vibes to you all!  :smitten:

I am so sorry that you are sick with this.  I hope you will get better quickly.  Please let us know what the test results show.  I was praying you did not get it.  I hope you and your husband will recover fast and be able to move on.  I totally understand staying at the dose you are at for now as you do not need anything else to deal with and also sometimes we get symptoms from cutting our dose and right now you need to know what symptoms you are having from covid. 

Please take care.  You have a great attitude and I believe you will get through this and feel better soon.

Prayers and big hugs and lots of love being sent your way!! 

Love,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::angel: :angel:

Thank you! It’s covid! Oh my it is awful! The fever and aches and headache I have with it are awful! I have a cough and am so weak. I never even take Tylenol but may break down and take it and see if it helps with the fever and headache! I didn’t ever think I could feel as crappy as when I cold turkey Xanax but this might rank in as worse than that! My symptoms seem to be two days behind my hubby’s and he’s feeling better than he was so I’ve got hope in a day or two I’ll feel a little better!

Do any of you take Tylenol? Thanks as always for the uplift and thoughts and prayers! Love and hugs to you all! I hope you are all doing well!  :smitten:

I must admit I am struggling. While I am not a whiner I have to say this is rough. Please keep in mind that I am not young nor middle aged. I am 70 and dealing with Sjogrens, depression and additional autoimmune issues. And, my Covid vaccine appointment was just cancelled by the local hospital. Over 10,000 appointments were suddenly cancelled. They have assured us that we are top priority. We will see.

As I said, I am happy to hold @ .875 until next week.  I am simply shocked that I am having this much trouble and feel this jittery.  So far today I have meditated, walked, talked with my oldest son and spent time with our Cats.  I am now resting. 

Acceptance and let time pass. 

Thank you! It’s covid! Oh my it is awful! The fever and aches and headache I have with it are awful! I have a cough and am so weak. I never even take Tylenol but may break down and take it and see if it helps with the fever and headache! I didn’t ever think I could feel as crappy as when I cold turkey Xanax but this might rank in as worse than that! My symptoms seem to be two days behind my hubby’s and he’s feeling better than he was so I’ve got hope in a day or two I’ll feel a little better!

Do any of you take Tylenol? Thanks as always for the uplift and thoughts and prayers! Love and hugs to you all! I hope you are all doing well!  :smitten:

Oh no, I am sorry you are going through this.  Try to rest as much as you can.  I can not take Tylenol but I do take ibuprofen 800 mg for headaches when needed.  Hoping others will respond and let you know their experience with Tylenol.  It is a great sign your husband is better so as you say, maybe it will be the same for you.

Take care.

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Wonderwoman,

I am so so sorry to hear this!  I have not yet had to take anything, I am praying for you.  As Julia said, I hope others will chime in an give you some direction with it.  Please rest and get lots and lots of fluid. 

Keep us posted!!  HUGS

I must admit I am struggling. While I am not a whiner I have to say this is rough. Please keep in mind that I am not young nor middle aged. I am 70 and dealing with Sjogrens, depression and additional autoimmune issues. And, my Covid vaccine appointment was just cancelled by the local hospital. Over 10,000 appointments were suddenly cancelled. They have assured us that we are top priority. We will see.

As I said, I am happy to hold @ .875 until next week.  I am simply shocked that I am having this much trouble and feel this jittery.  So far today I have meditated, walked, talked with my oldest son and spent time with our Cats.  I am now resting. 

Acceptance and let time pass.

I am so sorry to hear you are struggling and have the jitters.  That definitely sounds like withdrawal symptoms but I can not say for sure as I am not a doctor and you do have other medical issues.

It is recommended that you only cut 5 - 10% each time and your first cut was 12.5% so it was a little high to start.  I understand your age and medical conditions may even make it harder for you.  I think you are doing the right thing in holding until next week.  If you are still struggling next week, you many want to consider waiting a little longer until you stabilize and feel better. Making another cut when you are still not well from the first one can make it even harder on you.  Your brain and central nervous system has been harmed and with each cut, they have to adjust to the cut.  When you make your next cut you may want to do half of what you are doing now so it is not so hard on you but that of course is your decision.  I just do not like to hear you are having a rough time.  For me, making smaller cuts and being able to make them more often is a better plan and makes life easier.

I am also sorry to hear that your vaccine appointment was cancelled.  There are so many states that expected to get more supply of the vaccine and they did not but according to the news where I live, yesterday the federal government said that they have purchased more vaccine and states should be getting more for the next few weeks.  Hopefully where you are will get more in so you can get vaccinated.

Rest is good when you are struggling and as my husband says, if you need to lay down, lay down, whatever you have to do to get through it and feel better.

Take care and I am thinking about you.

Julia :)

Awww thanks guys! Man what a loop this has thrown for me! I will get through this too. Just plug along and know each day will get better and better. I can and will battle through this too.

I’m so sorry Rcristal that you are feeling yucky. I also will hold you in my prayers! I think a good hold might be good for you. A week or so. I’ve had to hold before and it’s a good thing. I in fact am holding right now. I wasn’t having any trouble but with the stress of Covid on my body I didn’t want to chance having benzo trouble either. I go by my body. My body is the boss and in charge. When I feel yucky from a reduction I hold and listen to it. Hang in there. We are all here to support you!

Thanks for all the kind words and know each one of them make me feel that much better! Keep those positive vibes and prayers coming. I’m sending them to each of you as well!

Love and Hugs!  :smitten:

Hi WonderWoman1111 - how are you doing today?  I hope you are doing better.  You and your hubby are in thoughts and prayers and we are sending hugs!!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Rcristal - how are you doing today?  Better I hope.  Just hang in there.

Looks like a lot of us are going through a bout of something.  Hang in there and we will all make it though all this crap. 

Hugs to all,

Julia  :smitten:

Julia,

I told my PCP today that I extended the first cut.  She thinks that is good.  I have a brief virtual with the Psychiatrist on Monday. I am thinking that I might make the next cut the middle of next week. That means that what was originally scheduled for one week will be two.  We will see. This is not linear so I will play it day by day.  IF I cut next week I will have reduced from 1 mg to .75mg in two weeks, a 25% cut.  Keep in mind that, for the first part, I have been on .75mg for several years. I was " only" on 1mg for a couple of weeks.

At the end of the day it will be what it will be.  Today is not as difficult as yesterday but still no fun.  I am jittery. It is a challenge between knowing what is true weaning anxiety and what is nervous anxiety about my medical issues.  Therefore, I plan to be err on the side of caution.

I am really pleased to have found this group. While I need to stop obsessing over all of this non-stop it is most reassuring to check in during the day.

Thank you all so very much,

Rcristal

Hi everyone!

I think I am doing a bit better today! The headache is much better (and I’m thankful as that was a headache like I’ve never experienced!) fever seems to have broke and aches are not quite as bad. I’m don’t want to toot my own horn but I fought that terrible headache, aches, and fever with no medication too! No Tylenol or ibuprofen. I just didn’t want to give in since I take none of that! I did end up taking vitamin d though. I do end up getting so fatigued and am weak. I just rest a lot! I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers! They definitely are working! My hubby is also doing better so I’m hoping each day will be better and better! You guys are the best and I hope you are all hanging in there with your cuts! You are all strong and such warriors and don’t ever forget it!  :smitten:

Wonder Woman;

Glad your cycling through the covid without it getting scary. I wanted to share what my son is experiencing, might help you anticipate what's coming.

For the first 3 days he said is body hurt all over more than at any time in his life. on day 4/5 he slept 24 hours.  He was then able to do some things, but the intense fatigue waves back, and he has to go to bed. He is still in the fatigue waves. He works from home mostly, so doing what he can when he is not sleeping. His appetite is good. Today is his 29th birthday.

Hopefully your experience will be similar to his, and not severe. :smitten:

Wonder Woman;

Glad your cycling through the covid without it getting scary. I wanted to share what my son is experiencing, might help you anticipate what's coming.

For the first 3 days he said is body hurt all over more than at any time in his life. on day 4/5 he slept 24 hours.  He was then able to do some things, but the intense fatigue waves back, and he has to go to bed. He is still in the fatigue waves. He works from home mostly, so doing what he can when he is not sleeping. His appetite is good. Today is his 29th birthday.

Thank you for the heads up. I like knowing what is coming. He’s right about the aches and body hurting that’s for sure! It’s not fun stuff! I hope it’s like his case, but I’m 20 years older than him so I don’t have youth on my side. I’m so sorry he’s spending his birthday recovering still from this crap! But Happy birthday to your boy today and I hope he has a good day despite the fatigue! My youngest son had it and he’s 20 and did fine of course......little lucky stinker! Thank you for all the positive thoughts!  :smitten:

Hopefully your experience will be similar to his, and not severe. :smitten:

Popping in to check in.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome back!  I'm hanging in there at .9875 and planning to do another cut next week.  I ran out of the .25 mg pills and had to try to work with the .5's which was a bit of a hassle. 

If not for this crippling muscle stuff I'd be doing pretty good!  It's so bizarre that the muscle stuff only gets really bad at the "under 1 mg" mark.  I had zero muscle issues for the first two years (yes, you read that correctly) of my taper.  It's truly is crazy how many symptoms came and went back then only for others to appear.  When I started this journey I spent many hours reading these boards, seeing all the symptoms that people listed, and was convinced that people either made them up or were exaggerating.  Boy was I wrong!

I've simply resigned myself to the fact that I'm not one of those "lucky" people who will have a smooth taper and move on.  I honestly believe that being on these for 22 years (tapering for three) is most likely why it's so difficult.  My adult brain has been medicated for almost its entire life.  Additionally, Xanax, having the shortest halflife can't be helping the situation.  Oh well.  No turning back now.

Baddove: Hope you're feeling better than you were a few weeks ago!  Hang in there! 

Julia:  I have missed you!!  I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your recent loss.  I can't even begin to fathom how difficult this time has been for you!  I know how that must have not only been profoundly sad, but brought up triggers for you as well.  You are in my thoughts and prayer!  Let's catch up soon!  :smitten:

Hope all are doing well!

Fondly,

Lori

Hi Lori - Sorry you are having those issues again.  Let's hope they get better as you go lower in dose.  Thanks - yes it has been a rough time and it definitely was a trigger for me but I am hanging in there.  I take that situation day by day. 

My cut last Sunday caused me some issues in the middle of the week but I am doing better now.  If things stay this way I will make another cut next Sunday.  I am making small cuts and when I do that I seem to do better.  Take care and yes we need to catch up.  Love and hugs to you!  :smitten:

Julia,

I told my PCP today that I extended the first cut.  She thinks that is good. That is great!  It is good you have a doctor that is supportive in you doing this at your own pace. I have a brief virtual with the Psychiatrist on Monday. I am thinking that I might make the next cut the middle of next week. That means that what was originally scheduled for one week will be two.  We will see. This is not linear so I will play it day by day. :thumbsup:  IF I cut next week I will have reduced from 1 mg to .75mg in two weeks, a 25% cut.A 25% cut in a two week period is a HUGE cut and I think you will find that here on BB, a 5% to 10% cut every 10-14 days, if you are feeling ok, is recommended.  There have been times when I have had to stay on a cut for a couple months and other times a couple weeks or so.  I do listen to my body.  I have already been through so much that I am not willing to suffer any more than I have to.  Going too fast can cause alot of symptoms that can stop you in your tracks and set you back.  You have to do what you are comfortable with but it sounds like since you are already having issues you may want to slow down the taper.  Again, it is all your choice.  I am just trying to be helpful and let you know what can happen.  I am hoping others will chime in and give their opinion.    Keep in mind that, for the first part, I have been on .75mg for several years. I was " only" on 1mg for a couple of weeks. I understand what you are saying and I also know that the highest dose I was on was only for a couple months and it really made no difference because I had already been taking xanax for over 2 years so it was already in my system and already doing damage.  Once xanax has damaged the central nervous system, the worse it can get on a higher dose and it does not matter if it has only been a few weeks.  Xanax is so powerful and can do so many awful things to us. 

At the end of the day it will be what it will be.  Today is not as difficult as yesterday but still no fun.  I am jittery. It is a challenge between knowing what is true weaning anxiety and what is nervous anxiety about my medical issues.  Therefore, I plan to be err on the side of caution.  I am glad you had a better day yesterday and hope today is even better for you.  I can relate as I have medical conditions as well. 

I am really pleased to have found this group. While I need to stop obsessing over all of this non-stop it is most reassuring to check in during the day.  I understand how you feel about this too, sometimes thinking about this too much can make things harder sometimes and I have found that there are days when I just have to take a break from reading and posting.  At this point, I am trying to stay positive and realize that this will take however long it takes and  I am happy that when I need BB, people who really care are here to support and encourage me.

Thank you all so very much,  Take care of yourself.  :smitten:  Julia

Rcristal

Hi WonderWoman1111 - I saw a post that you put out today and you said you were feeling so bad.  I am so sorry you are so sick!  I continue to pray for you and I hope things will get better for you soon.  I have no idea what you are going through but I do know that it must be bad. 

Please take care of yourself.  I hope your husband continues to get better. 

Love and hugs and prayers are being sent your way!  :smitten: :smitten: :angel: :angel:

Julia