Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

If one can afford brand K, how does it compare to Teva as far as potency? I really don't want to go down, or moreso go up as I'm already kindled. My two options are Mylan and Brand K. I may also be able to get 1mg Teva, but I've been using .5 Teva and am making daily microcuts so it will be akward to have to double the water/vodka solution. Perhaps it's worth the effort though to keep things consistent. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully someone else will respond but I know a couple said they went to brand K and it wasn’t any better. I believe Milan is being discontinued also but I may be wrong. Hope everything goes well for you.

Does anyone have the feeling that this Benzo nightmare is the next drug scandal like the opiates. That these manufacturers are playing early damage control. Been much bad press so dump them.

That makes me want to switch off clonazepam all the more. It seems to be affect the most. It’s a very potent drug used for seizure and epilepsy but honestly I don’t think the manufacturers care as long as they make money.

God forbid I would have to change manufacturers again. That would be insane after what’s i have gone through. Seems there is no answer but to wait in out and be bed bound. I don’t think I will able stabilize it just isn’t enough medication but updosing did not make me feel good.

Does anyone have the feeling that this Benzo nightmare is the next drug scandal like the opiates. That these manufacturers are playing early damage control. Been much bad press so dump them.

Absolutely!!!!

That makes me want to switch off clonazepam all the more. It seems to be affect the most. It’s a very potent drug used for seizure and epilepsy but honestly I don’t think the manufacturers care as long as they make money.

God forbid I would have to change manufacturers again. That would be insane after what’s i have gone through. Seems there is no answer but to wait in out and be bed bound. I don’t think I will able stabilize it just isn’t enough medication but updosing did not make me feel good.

I’m in the same boat as you. This has ruined my life. Would having it compounded with no fillers help me you think? It’d be another change though in the manufacturer and very expensive. $60 per month.

But they can capsules of any strength which would help to taper off 1 mg.

Jo

If one can afford brand K, how does it compare to Teva as far as potency? I really don't want to go down, or moreso go up as I'm already kindled. My two options are Mylan and Brand K. I may also be able to get 1mg Teva, but I've been using .5 Teva and am making daily microcuts so it will be akward to have to double the water/vodka solution. Perhaps it's worth the effort though to keep things consistent.

I went to brand K and honestly did not see a difference. For me, I am not willing to keep changing from one generic to another so I though this was the best option. I do have some insurance coverage so it cost $75 for a two month supply. I dry cut my pills and every single pill weighs the same, which was not the case with teva where I felt that the pill weight varied tremendously. They seem to be sturdier as well.

I’m in the same situation being kindled. I’m not sure what to do. I’m at klonopin .5 mg twice a day. I need to get off this stuff. Brand K was way too much of an increase. That messed me up the most took it for 4 days then another day a week later because it made my Northstar not work anymore. Now on Northstar and kindled. Do I hold on this or a week or two before tapering? Will I ever feel stable to be ready to taper or just start tapering?

Jo

Absolutely!!!!

I believe they are going to stop benzos all together or regulate them to unless you have seizures you get 3 days worth..and with that being the case i would only have about 1.5 yrs to get off of them..and that would be using some that are 2 yrs old in my stash of them..

and alot of it is from all the people who got off of them and started all these things on facebook coalitions and everything else..going to congress and getting signatures..they forgot about all of us left behind..and still trying to get stable and get off..they are off and healed..

just my 2 cents

deep

Absolutely!!!!

I believe they are going to stop benzos all together or regulate them to unless you have seizures you get 3 days worth..and with that being the case i would only have about 1.5 yrs to get off of them..and that would be using some that are 2 yrs old in my stash of them..

and alot of it is from all the people who got off of them and started all these things on facebook coalitions and everything else..going to congress and getting signatures..they forgot about all of us left behind..and still trying to get stable and get off..they are off and healed..

just my 2 cents

deep

Deep,

The WORST thing is. I GOT off benzos end of Dec 2015 SUCCESSFULLY! I was tapered and off and FREE. BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT went back on them Dec 2016. Life has been HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLL since.

Jo

Absolutely!!!!

just my 2 cents

deep

Deep,

The WORST thing is. I GOT off benzos end of Dec 2015 SUCCESSFULLY! I was tapered and off and FREE. BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT went back on them Dec 2016. Life has been HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLL since.

Jo

Jo I am so sorry to read this..what made you touch them again if i may ask?..and i am terrified they are either just going to stop making k or do like they did with the opiods and with as sick as i was before theres no way i can do a 1 yr taper and get through it.

Absolutely!!!!

just my 2 cents

deep

Deep,

Jo

Jo I am so sorry to read this..what made you touch them again if i may ask?..and i am terrified they are either just going to stop making k or do like they did with the opiods and with as sick as i was before theres no way i can do a 1 yr taper and get through it.

A year being off I was so sick of my heart racing after eating and I think it was my gut messed up and histamine issues. I had bacteria overgrowth before and I thought I had it again. SO I wanted to make it through the side effects of antibiotics and I took klonopin .5 to try to help that but after 6 days I got so sick I stopped both and had diarrhea for 10 days and no sleep and lost 20 lbs and had an endoscopy but had bad reaction to lidocaine spray in mouth and anaesthesia so had to go to ER my heart was racing so bad I took a klonopin and had 2 CT scans with dye contrast. Got burning skin and mouth and stayed on klonopin for six days then stopped. Had worst experience of life with tight muscles, burnign skin, lost my mind kept getting bloodwork and tests for 10 months til psychiatrist put me on klonopin for 2 weeks then I stopped thought I needed to take antibiotics so I took for one day and bad reaction. Took protonix and Zantac and dabbled in other meds like cymbalta, propranolol, Tylenol, asprin, amitriptyline, benadryl, trazadone, ambien, zyrtec, Allegra, imitrex. All only once or a few times and had bad reactions but all along kept getting ultrasounds, MRIs, massive bloodwork. So at ER they put me on Xanax and stayed in that 11 days then stopped. Few months later back to klonopin in March. Was on 1 mg, too much so .75 mg then tried Prozac bad reaction then stopped all for a week. Horrific. Went back to klonopin .5 mg til May increased to twice a day and haven’t had consistent timing, dosage, manufacturer since and still got more bloodwork. Had bad reaction to hair salon chemicals when got hair colored. Have burnign itvhy sensitive skin, stopped sweating, no moisture in skin both from probably all bloodwork, ear ringing, massive anxiety, racing heart, decreased vision, migraines from tight muscles and poor blood flow and tight muscles even in blood vessels and tight heart. I ruined my brain and my health. My blood circulation is SO messed up now. I’m stuck on this and just want to get off. I take it and I feel worse. My muscles all clench and blood vessels too.

Now how do I get off klonopin .5 mg twice a day? It’s killing me and so am I. I can’t stop myself.

Jo

Absolutely!!!!

So, in light of comments like this, what happens next? Should everyone just give up or what?

This is the Teva Discontinued Support Group. Everyone here (except me) has taken Teva clonazepam. And that’s the point of this group and what everyone here has taken. They’ve changed their clonazepam to Actavis which is a company they bought @2015, and for reasons we don’t know, they decided to promote their Actavis clonazepam.

I’ve taken Actavis myself, and am tapering onto it again for the third time. This is my main involvement with this group. I know a lot about clonazepam in general, and I’m not taking any adjunct medications to help me not done any CTs on anything. I’m not “nuts” about any benzo, but we all should keep this as common sense oriented as possible or rename this group something else.

Or at least take out the word “Support.”

Intend

I wish Activis was available in my town a few months back when I changed over. Maybe it would have saved me such withdrawal who knows.

I believe support is people sharing their thoughts, feelings and worries and other holding space for them in how they are feeling. In This journey a lot of times we can not do that and sometimes it is best to scroll on. No one said to give up. They are just sharing how ridiculous this whole process is and how scary it can be. At times we let our fears take over but that is what the group is for to be a support through those fears.

Everyone’s thoughts are valid as are yours and I appreciate you sharing. Your words are often reasonable and set us at ease.

I’m in the same situation being kindled. I’m not sure what to do. I’m at klonopin .5 mg twice a day. I need to get off this stuff. Brand K was way too much of an increase. That messed me up the most took it for 4 days then another day a week later because it made my Northstar not work anymore. Now on Northstar and kindled. Do I hold on this or a week or two before tapering? Will I ever feel stable to be ready to taper or just start tapering?

Jo

I take Northstar as well, how do you feel about it?

Absolutely!!!!

So, in light of comments like this, what happens next? Should everyone just give up or what?

This is the Teva Discontinued Support Group. Everyone here (except me) has taken Teva clonazepam. And that’s the point of this group and what everyone here has taken. They’ve changed their clonazepam to Actavis which is a company they bought @2015, and for reasons we don’t know, they decided to promote their Actavis clonazepam.

I’ve taken Actavis myself, and am tapering onto it again for the third time. This is my main involvement with this group. I know a lot about clonazepam in general, and I’m not taking any adjunct medications to help me not done any CTs on anything. I’m not “nuts” about any benzo, but we all should keep this as common sense oriented as possible or rename this group something else.

I never said give up? I would never suggest this. I’m just looking for answers just like the rest as I’m suffering really bad and I’m not sure what to attribute it to.  :'(

Jen,

My idea of support is giving some reassurance to others on a Support Group. And I did not say that any one suggested giving up.

I asked a question that specifically said, “ should everyone just give up, or what?”

And the reason for that question is that Thirdtimearound suggested that manufacturers of benzos are “playing early damage control. Been bad press so dump them.”

Then Jo apparently agreed with that statement by posting “Absolutely !!!”

This is not by any means my idea of support for anything other than manufacturers of these drugs will “dump them” or in my “language,” stop making them.

There is no doubt that this process of getting off benzos may seem “ridiculous and scary.” I don’t like it myself, but when “others” “chime in “ with these kinds of posts, it is generally called “fearmongering” or “scaremongering.”

We have nothing by way of solid formation that manufacturers of benzos are “dumping them.” In fact, as you know yourself and have mentioned it, the brand K is available and people are buying it from Genentech and using it. This is the original Klonopin by Roche.

If there were a problem with the brand K, the FDA would not allow it to be sold to anyone, and manufacturers of clonazepam would most likely stop making it also.

This sudden stopping of clonazepam manufacturers (Sandoz, Mylan, partially by Northstar) has rattled many clonazepam users who are trying to taper off. I know it’s rattled me.

I got a refill of Actavis (owned by Teva ), yesterday and I’m still rattled over this whole situation. But I have to keep telling myself that clonazepam is the most often prescribed benzo in the US or so it seems. I also saw my pdoc yesterday, and asked what he most often prescribes, and he said clonazepam. He also said that he sees many on Ativan, and Xanax, and if they are doing fine on those, he leaves them alone and continues to prescribe for them. And if they want to stop taking them, he writes out a slow taper for them.

This post that I am writing is my idea of reassurance and support for folks on this Support Group.

Hi third time around,

I started this group as I have taken teva daily for 8 years & im on a hefty dose with a long taper ahead of me when I get ready to taper again. So when I first discovered the discontinuation of teva, I panicked, no doubt like many, wondering what other generic worked for other long term teva takers-that’s the gist of this group. People who took teva clonazapam trying to figure out what to crossover to, how different generics are or aren’t working for them & supporting each other through these struggles. Talk of all benzos getting discontinued is a very scary thought for any of us & no doubt unlikely & from what I’ve heard,it’s just probably unfounded too that people’s doctors would force long term takers to discontinue their benzo, so not likely to apply to people that have been established on them. We never know what will happen but, let’s try to stay grounded & support each other through these brand changes, trying to keep hope & encouraging ideas alive. I’m sorry you are suffering. I don’t know your story, but I am suffering too. I’m taking it one hour, one day at a time. I just posted what’s going on with lexapro with me in LHSG. I hope you get the answers you need & that the sun shines for you soon.X-SC

Absolutely!!!!

I never said give up? I would never suggest this. I’m just looking for answers just like the rest as I’m suffering really bad and I’m not sure what to attribute it to.  :'(

You are right about that. You never did suggest giving up. Please read what I just posted to Jen on the page just before this page. (Page 34?). I realize you are looking for support and answers.

I also see that you have posted on the Long Hold Support Group and attributed your difficulties to your changing from Prozac to Zoloft. Easy enough to see both of these support groups.

Hi Scaredie.

You are the person who started this Support Group for the very reason you just said.

You just described the “gist” of this group which is what I always thought you meant it to be.

Hi third time around,

I started this group as I have taken teva daily for 8 years & im on a hefty dose with a long taper ahead of me when I get ready to taper again. So when I first discovered the discontinuation of teva, I panicked, no doubt like many, wondering what other generic worked for other long term teva takers-that’s the gist of this group. People who took teva clonazapam trying to figure out what to crossover to, how different generics are or aren’t working for them & supporting each other through these struggles. Talk of all benzos getting discontinued is a very scary thought for any of us & no doubt unlikely & from what I’ve heard,it’s just probably unfounded too that people’s doctors would force long term takers to discontinue their benzo, so not likely to apply to people that have been established on them. We never know what will happen but, let’s try to stay grounded & support each other through these brand changes, trying to keep hope & encouraging ideas alive. I’m sorry you are suffering. I don’t know your story, but I am suffering too. I’m taking it one hour, one day at a time. I just posted what’s going on with lexapro with me in LHSG. I hope you get the answers you need & that the sun shines for you soon.X-SC

Scardie

Have you made the crossover to a new generic and how is it going for you?

Jen, yes I’ve crossed over to Solco. It’s hard to gage how I’m doing because I also started lexapro that is giving me side effects such as worse depression. To the best of my memory my crossover went something like this; thought teva was discontinued so got solco while trying to do a .25 cut that turned out to be big of a cut for me. Can’t remember how long I was on solco that time, was having too many withdrawal sxs with an important upcoming trip, so reinstated. then I found out there were 1mg tevas still out there, got a month of those, cutting for my regular .5 doses, then when those ran out I tried a week of actavis, & then straight from there to a starting solco(I was getting partial fills, couldn’t make up my mind which generic to stick with, ended up staying on solco simply because I started lexapro & was advised & decided to stick with one & hold especially with another variable, lexapro in the mix)started having withdrawal sxs of teeth clenching, waking anxiety with intrusive thoughts, insomnia, couldn’t take naps(would get scary intrusive thoughts if tried to meditate or lay in bed)or waking in night & not able to get back to sleep, sobbing suicidal ideation depression, fatigue. It’s hard to say how my crossover is going as I started lexapro 36 days ago, when my ongoing long term blah depression turned into suicidal ideation, no control over emotions depression. The lexapro has been no fun trying to start up so far, but a couple of things have changed,(sorry not sure when)when I don’t have insomnia, I sleep through the night & have no waking anxiety nor intrusive thoughts anymore that make me want to jump out of bed, I’m very slow & spacy in am. I can take a nap without being scared. I’m still very depressed though. So I believe my first cut/crossover started my very unstable emotions & perhaps there’s a combination of lexapro helping some of my crossover sxs & maybe getting more stable on the solco.

I’m so tolerant to k, it’s hard for me to tell it’s working, thus the indecision tween the 2 generics. I think that the solco May cause more sedation for me, but am not sure. I don’t like the way solco dissolves super fast in your mouth. When I take 4 @ bed, I have to be careful not to choke on one of them.

Getting partial fills of different generics 1-2 weeks at a time is an option if you don’t want to commit to one right away especially if you can still feel the difference between them better than me, but then make a decision & stick with it. That’s my two cents, I’m not sure you could be crossed over already, sorry that I can’t remember.

Hope that helps, X-Scaredie

Jen, yes I’ve crossed over to Solco. It’s hard to gage how I’m doing because I also started lexapro that is giving me side effects such as worse depression. To the best of my memory my crossover went something like this; thought teva was discontinued so got solco while trying to do a .25 cut that turned out to be big of a cut for me. Can’t remember how long I was on solco that time, was having too many withdrawal sxs with an important upcoming trip, so reinstated. then I found out there were 1mg tevas still out there, got a month of those, cutting for my regular .5 doses, then when those ran out I tried a week of actavis, & then straight from there to a starting solco(I was getting partial fills, couldn’t make up my mind which generic to stick with, ended up staying on solco simply because I started lexapro & was advised & decided to stick with one & hold especially with another variable, lexapro in the mix)started having withdrawal sxs of teeth clenching, waking anxiety with intrusive thoughts, insomnia, couldn’t take naps(would get scary intrusive thoughts if tried to meditate or lay in bed)or waking in night & not able to get back to sleep, sobbing suicidal ideation depression, fatigue. It’s hard to say how my crossover is going as I started lexapro 36 days ago, when my ongoing long term blah depression turned into suicidal ideation, no control over emotions depression. The lexapro has been no fun trying to start up so far, but a couple of things have changed,(sorry not sure when)when I don’t have insomnia, I sleep through the night & have no waking anxiety nor intrusive thoughts anymore that make me want to jump out of bed, I’m very slow & spacy in am. I can take a nap without being scared. I’m still very depressed though. So I believe my first cut/crossover started my very unstable emotions & perhaps there’s a combination of lexapro helping some of my crossover sxs & maybe getting more stable on the solco.

I’m so tolerant to k, it’s hard for me to tell it’s working, thus the indecision tween the 2 generics. I think that the solco May cause more sedation for me, but am not sure. I don’t like the way solco dissolves super fast in your mouth. When I take 4 @ bed, I have to be careful not to choke on one of them.

Getting partial fills of different generics 1-2 weeks at a time is an option if you don’t want to commit to one right away especially if you can still feel the difference between them better than me, but then make a decision & stick with it. That’s my two cents, I’m not sure you could be crossed over already, sorry that I can’t remember.

Hope that helps, X-Scaredie

Scardie

It sounds like you may be getting a little relief with the AD. That is good news. I switched to Solco and have stayed on it. I seem to be very sensitive to change and didn’t want to try anything different for a decent amount of time. I am still having a hard time stabilizing and see my doctor next week to talk about options.

Hi third time around,

My message was clearly interpreted wrong. I’m saying particular manufacturers dumping the drug to another manufacturer who can make them cheaper and profit. While some well know trusted brands like Teva feel the risk is not worth it. I in no way suggested or believe Benzos will be discontinued. I was just wondering and feel really horrible I’m being singled out as a fear monger. Thanks for that as I wake up to another andrenal surge and than this which will make me cry all day. I’m in the same boat as you guys and being switched. I was just looking to talk and contribute to the conversation not be a trouble maker. Sorry I posted that or to anyone who thinks Benzos will be discontinued remember what the other poster said. With millions on them it’s impossible... will never happen in our lifetimes. Maybe just less new scripts which is good. And yes I posted this on the long hold group too. Thanks for pointing that out that out like I was on a vendetta...this is really cruel

I think Valium is on the most necessary medicines list so I don't think they will ever be completely discontinued but we know that the gov't can restrict the prescibing and scare the drs. so they won't help us.  This is my terrible fear but I just try not to dwell on it.