Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

Hello all.

Woke a bit groggy but now - Half an hour later I’m feeling happy! I feel good and happy. This I did not expect. My mind keeps going back to last time —. I was never happy- I never felt good- I was completely miserable and this time my symptoms  are not as severe or all encompassing.

What is different

1  Attitude and not being afraid of symptoms ( I know they will pass)

2  being able to sleep - I am using a tincture from the mmj  dispensary that is CBN made from THC. A tiny amount that does not get me high but lets me sleep and wake up happy (no Cortosal surge)

3  distraction- doing something- anything - helps

4  supporting my brain with Campral, NAC, and flaxseed oil  ( I watched “ Broken Brain”  found out which supplements are harmful during withdrawal and which supplements are helpful so I’m avoiding the B vitamins while eating good fats - brain like fats )

5  my spiritual practice  Think of three things I’m grateful for in the morning and I read a lesson from ACIM and use the idea  from it throughput the day as a kind of mantra)

6.  This site-  no words for how grateful I am to the site

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent!

So CBN is helping???  I just have to f ind that.  It is legal here but not easy to locate.

Campral interesting... nobody else has mentioned it that I know of!!

Excellent!

So CBN is helping???  I just have to f ind that.  It is legal here but not easy to locate.

Campral interesting... nobody else has mentioned it that I know of!!

I called to several dispensaries before I found the CBN—  it sells out as quickly as they get it in.

It’s great for insomnia and feeling good the next day.

What it is : THC breaks down into CBN so the tincture I have is 98% THC and 2% CBN. So A teeny tiny very small – rice size amount  or else it will make you very very high.

There’s a lot of really good information in the cannabis and CBD support group here on BB

Campral – I don’t know if it’s working but I’m afraid to stop it because I’m feeling so OK. It’s supposedly supports the brain during withdrawal from alcohol and now  there are treatments centers that are using it for benzo withdrawal.

Hello all.

Woke a bit groggy but now - Half an hour later I’m feeling happy! I feel good and happy. This I did not expect. My mind keeps going back to last time —. I was never happy- I never felt good- I was completely miserable and this time my symptoms  are not as severe or all encompassing.

What is different

1  Attitude and not being afraid of symptoms ( I know they will pass)

2  being able to sleep - I am using a tincture from the mmj  dispensary that is CBN made from THC. A tiny amount that does not get me high but lets me sleep and wake up happy (no Cortosal surge)

3  distraction- doing something- anything - helps

4  supporting my brain with Campral, NAC, and flaxseed oil  ( I watched “ Broken Brain”  found out which supplements are harmful during withdrawal and which supplements are helpful so I’m avoiding the B vitamins while eating good fats - brain like fats )

5  my spiritual practice  Think of three things I’m grateful for in the morning and I read a lesson from ACIM and use the idea  from it throughput the day as a kind of mantra)

6.  This site-  no words for how grateful I am to the site

such a great post CD!

yes we can do it, with the hard work of keeping ourselves on track during this w/d process.  I'm very interested the campral you talk about, although am loath to add something to the mix as my body is just hanging in there.  That sound worse than it is, my taper is going fairly smoothly, but little things can knock me flat.  Do you know anything about coming off campral?  I looked it up but could just find that standard directions for coming off of meds.

Oh and btw what is NAC? 

Yes gratitude is what gets me through, that and looking for the lessons in this ordeal -- there are lots! 

thanks for this

SS

Hi SS :socool:

NAC is suppose to  help bring down  glutamate-  it is  600 mg with 1000 mg of vitamin C (or can do more harm than good) I don’t know if it works but I’m afraid to stop it.

My doc says No WD w Campral.

Thanks for replying  so positively to my post. :smitten:

I tried cbd with a teense of thc and felt awful.

Think would be scared to try 98 % thc.

No way to get cbn without the thc?

CBN is a diritive of THC ( THC breaks down into CBN)

The tincture I take the dose is smaller than a grain of rice and it does nothing I can feel. I just go to sleep in 20-30 min

I have used without THC. It had no effect on daytime, but before bedtime I became a little calmer. But if I take too much it will be unpleasant. Loses the memory, forget what the movie was about and how I started an opinion. It feels a little scary, much like senility. But many have written that it works well, our CNS works so differently.

Hello!

Today is the day:

I ‘have’ to drive 2 hours to the train which will take me on a 7 hour trip to Seattle where I will spend 3 days taking care of my grandkids - age 4 and 17 months. Then do a reverse trip on the 4th day.

I have held my dose for 10 days and feel stable enough to do this.

I have been having minor but annoying inner shaking and ‘that’ feeling of dis- ease  in the afternoons- when I take my 7 PM dose it goes away completely.

During the waves of WD yesterday I flirted with the idea of updosing while on my trip but this morning when I am not symptomatic and therefore somewhat sane  I see how bad of an idea this is –  I want to be free of these pills!

Three gratitudes :  Greatful my children think enough of me to ask me to come help them out/grateful I am well enough today to make this trip/grateful for my daily spiritual practice which gives me a daily thought ( mantra) to use.

Sending Healing Thoughts  to all of you on this journey off the drugs from hell

Hello!

Today is the day:

I ‘have’ to drive 2 hours to the train which will take me on a 7 hour trip to Seattle where I will spend 3 days taking care of my grandkids - age 4 and 17 months. Then do a reverse trip on the 4th day.

I have been having minor but annoying inner shaking and ‘that’ feeling of dis- ease  in the afternoons- when I take my 7 PM dose it goes away completely.

During the waves of WD yesterday I flirted with the idea of updosing while on my trip but this morning when I am not symptomatic and therefore somewhat sane  I see how bad of an idea this is –  I want to be free of these pills!

Three gratitudes :  Greatful my children think enough of me to ask me to come help them out/grateful I am well enough today to make this trip/grateful for my daily spiritual practice which gives me a daily thought ( mantra) to use.

Hey there Cliffdweller!

I'm hoping that this trip is excellent.  You've prepared so well for it, and your attitude is beautiful....  It's so tempting to updose when faced with things,and I've done that successfully for a trip to see family as well.  But in the end for me -- like you it seems -- sticking it out tapering slowly and holding seems to do the trick!

Now if only the sun would come out in the Pacific Northwest  :D

I think we'd all be able to taper a tad faster  :laugh:

Things I'm grateful for today:

my health such as it is!

The snowdrops in the yard

That I can drive myself places.  Good exercise thank you for that...

Enjoy it all!  And as a buddy used to say here: Stay Strong!

SS

Hello!

Today is the day:

Holy cow! Way to go. And, I was reading your signature for the first time. You really dropped 1 whole mg of K from Jan. 21st this year to Jan. 22nd? If so, that's called TAPERING, baby!! Yee-haa :)

Hi, I was wondering if Medicare (not caid) ever provides home health care for those homebound.  I read they do but a dr. must recommend it (uh, where does one find such a dr?  Certainly not the ones who say a drug can't cause major CNS problems)?  If you live alone would be nice if occasionally you were looked in on.  Read that Medicare  can provide social services??

Hi, I was wondering if Medicare (not caid) ever provides home health care for those homebound.  I read they do but a dr. must recommend it (uh, where does one find such a dr?  Certainly not the ones who say a drug can't cause major CNS problems)?  If you live alone would be nice if occasionally you were looked in on.  Read that Medicare  can provide social services??

I do ‘t Know but I found this link that looks like it may have answers

https://www.medicare.gov/

Back from my 4 day trip- I was so busy that I forgot about my taper most of the time. I actually felt good on the train home yesterday.

Today I am starting a daily micro taper off the last bit of V- I got a plan from an admin here.

The bulk of the taper is over with just this last bit left. Going to do it slowly as I now have enough V to not rush.

How are you all doing?

Cliffdweller, congratulations on making it successfully through your four day trip! Even more so that you didn't think about your taper. It's good to get away! I'm still dealing with insomnia, hoping that sleep will start to get better soon. It was a year ago this month I began my taper off of clonazepam and finished  November of 2017. I feel so much the same today as when I was tapering with very few small windows at this point, so it's just waiting for sleep to return. My leg jerks/RLS comes and goes. On the plus side, I am drug free for the first time in 20 years!!

Nightengale, although life just now is very hard I feel the same grateful as you. It's a wonderful feeling to finally be free, so congratulations on this freedom after 20 years!

In the past my life so much circulated my medicine. I was worried  I would tear them away, or make mistakes so I would be without. I also had to check the pharmacy opening hours, it would be a disaster if it was closed when I arrived. It's wonderful to be free!

That’s lovely to hear Cliffhanger - so glad it all went well!  I’m in a horrible wave today so not going to type any more because I know fine my thinking is all skewed as a result :(

I hope you start to get more sleep soon Nightengale - it just makes everything harder when we’re battling insomnia as well.

Translator I know that feeling so well - I am still on 2 drugs which I get monthly and I live in fear that something will happen to my prescription or the GP or pharmacy will screw up and I’ll be left without. It will be so nice to eventually be free of all that!  I hope things ease up for you soon.

That’s lovely to hear Cliffhanger - so glad it all went well!  I’m in a horrible wave today so not going to type any more because I know fine my thinking is all skewed as a result :(

I wish I could wave a wand and give you a window. Sending you healing thoughts :smitten:

I wish I could wave a wand and give you a window. Sending you healing thoughts :smitten:

Aw thanks Cliffdweller and my sincere apologies for calling you the wrong name in my last post - been that sort of day!! I’m overdue a window so maybe it’s coming soon ;D. Will take the healing thoughts in the meantime though :laugh:

You say CBN the size of grain of rice.  Isn't it a liquid?  Why is that rice shaped?

--

Ooh, I would love Pacific NW.  I HATE sun and hot.

I don't want it over 75 degrees, tops.

I love rain.  Course you may get so much I would maybe love it less...

You say CBN the size of grain of rice.  Isn't it a liquid?  Why is that rice shaped?

--

Ooh, I would love Pacific NW.  I HATE sun and hot.

I don't want it over 75 degrees, tops.

I love rain.  Course you may get so much I would maybe love it less...

It is a thick paste that comes in a tube - squeeze out a tiny bit and goes under tongue.

The PNW :smitten:

It rains and pours and blows and also beautiful sunny ( not too hot ) days. Flowers and tress and beaches - thank you for reminding me to be grateful for where I live!

ooh!  Can you possible give me the brand name and product name so can see if I can find it anywhere??  :D

Beatnick’s Finnest,LLC ( Full extract cannabis Oil) 1ml

Maybe look on Leafy.com for sleep