Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

Toughnights... my thoughts exactly  as regards coming here and sharing/ venting.. I would be lost without it.. overall my post withdrawal is going well but I still suffer from bad days and health anxiety about all the sx.. right now my over active bladder is driving me nuts ! I know the more thought I give it the worse it is but honestly !!! Xxxxx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Toughnights... my thoughts exactly  as regards coming here and sharing/ venting.. I would be lost without it.. overall my post withdrawal is going well but I still suffer from bad days and health anxiety about all the sx.. right now my over active bladder is driving me nuts ! I know the more thought I give it the worse it is but honestly !!! Xxxxx

Oh that overactive bladder - it just drives you up the wall doesn’t it?!  Especially if you’re finally able to get some sleep then get woken up every hour just to dribble into a toilet ......

I seem to be in a horrible wave just now and there are a set of symptoms which appear every time this happens - that bleeping bladder thing is one of them but you’ve made me realise it’s not anywhere near as bad as it was in the beginning when I was in acute so for that I’m grateful - thank you for that realisation :)

It’s so good to know others are going through this hell too - it’s an awful thing to say but I know you’ll know what I mean!  There’s just no-one else who understands what a nightmare this whole thing is.  I always come back to BB when things are particularly rough - nothing else helps me to put one foot in front of the other.  Speaking of which - it’s been a good fortnight since I’ve gone for a walk and the sun is shining so that’s my aim for today if I do nothing else - methinks it will be no more than a 20 minute affair but that’s better than nothing I suppose.

I’m glad we’re all here for each other. :smitten:

Hey Marg .. know exactly what you mean .. I love how we all answer each other too. That's so important as even the littlest niggle can some times spiral out of control..

sounds crazy , but it is comforting to know that you are experiencing what I am !

Last night I was probably up 4-5 times with the bladder .. but I have counted over 10 times when I was actually tapering .mine is mainly at night as that was my reasoning for thinking nothing was really wrong .. during the day it's fairly normal .. normal .. not a word for us ah !!

I am 63 years old and 48 months CT. I have fully recovered. I suffered horribly with bladder spasms, frequent UTIs and frequency. It was one of my worst symptoms. But very slowly and gradually it faded away. Just like with all these bizarre symptoms, with time and more time, they end. It will not last. I promise you.

Thanks cindys .. that is so reassuring .as you can see I'm 10 months out and it's one of my worst symptons at the moment . Over all things aren't too bad , but this is horrible..up down up down .. you know how it rolls !!

It's good to find this support group. I'm a few months over 60 and starting this plunge getting free from benzo. I'm also a homebody before this plunge,puttering around the house,gardening & keeping bees. I have a few close friends our age for  mutual help when needed,we understand each others' thinking and approach in life. This is a day by day thing,and I have no choice but to brave it.Spending time reading up on this as I go,writing out the sxs,hours to be able to show to Dr/friends/family.I have power if I can communicate.

It's good to find this support group. I'm a few months over 60 and starting this plunge getting free from benzo. I'm also a homebody before this plunge,puttering around the house,gardening & keeping bees. I have a few close friends our age for  mutual help when needed,we understand each others' thinking and approach in life. This is a day by day thing,and I have no choice but to brave it.Spending time reading up on this as I go,writing out the sxs,hours to be able to show to Dr/friends/family.I have power if I can communicate.

If that's your dog in the picture, you have one happy baby.  What a smile and a huge dose of comfort  :). Hope you feel better soon.  I'm 62, we'll make it.  Pet that dog for me ;D

Hi Mary,

I see in your signature that you listen to Michael Sealey too.  His guided meditations for anxiety and insommnia have helped me when nothing else did.

Good luck.  You've joined a group of very brave individuals. G.

Mary5588, I have 2 dogs ....both are good as gold and my great companions.They do get pets all day as they insist on it!

I have one dog .  He's a rescue and had a hard life, until now and of course his life is anything but hard.  He's a chipin and we love him to death :smitten:  truly there are days he is only thing that keeps me going.

I feel the same way abt. my dogs.Both were dumped and I rescued them,now they rescue me every day.

He makes me smile every time I pull up your post , that great big  :D on his or her face.  In his picture.....

"I see in your signature that you listen to Michael Sealey too.  His guided meditations for anxiety and insommnia have helped me when nothing else did.

Good luck.  You've joined a group of very brave individuals. G."

Gingermint ~ Michael Sealey's meditations are such diamonds,they help me very much. I heartily agree about this being a group of very brave individuals,when we meet here it is a place of knowledge and healing,a place of lightness and goodness.

I think have listened to every sleep tape in existence.

Michael Sealey without the music is good. 

I've been trying to get a little sunshine this week and try to keep some sort of schedule but it fell apart today.

Trying lyrica more regularly but don't know if that is a good thing.  Had one day felt really normal... followed by today.

Been taking half an ambien.

I don't know maybe I am making this more complex?

Does not seem as if anyone here has been on stuff all that long?

Obviously if I've been on this most of my life maybe won't get off...  sigh.

I thought I was made of pretty tough stuff but after a year and a quarter... no.

Hang in There barbara anne .. I was in it 40 plus years and I know some of the others have been 'longtermers' as well .. it takes forever ..  but it is worth it.xxx

Can you explain why it is worth it?

I was so much better on a small dose (of course that was before mirtazapine, adn don't know if I upped things if I would be better again).

What is better for you?  What probs did you have before?

This is a good question and a fair one to ask. For me,it's a drug I don't need or want. I have time and no stressors now to work on alternatives to taking drugs.

I was so much better on a small dose (of course that was before mirtazapine, adn don't know if I upped things if I would be better again).

Hey BarbaraAve! If you don't think it's better for you, then it probably isn't. Like most things in life, you have to believe in what you're doing in order to have success. Our bodies typically follow what we think. This whole taper thing is something we have to believe in and commit to in order for it to work. It's hard enough when we ARE sold out!! Just a thought, but maybe you'd do better sticking with what works for you and then see how things are down the road. If it's ever time for you to taper off, then you'll definitely know. Just follow your heart :)

I am an example of why it is worth it. I was off off off for 3 years then anxiety got  bad due to life stressors- I started researching people on low doses for life. Most said “bad idea” except 1 — I of course glommed onto the 1.

I went back on .25 mg K last March— by June my dose was up to .5 and without really knowing when I increased the dose -  I was almost back on my prior full dose  plus Valium. Result: depression, no interest in life, weight gain, anger bordering on rage just below surface, memory problems,... so I was basically carrying around the monkey on my back ( benzo dependence) plus dealing ( not well ) with all the things I took the K for - nothing had gotten better- the exact opposite.” Defenses do what they would defend” meaning K for anxiety, etc = worse anxiety and unable to deal well with life and the real possibility of brain damage and dementia.

Cliff dweller.. inspirational post. Truely .. I think many of us come to that place where we wonder if just a 'little' bit can truely do any harm ? ' I'm in control of this now ' ha! That's a joke.as bad as withdrawal can be , nothing can compare to the hell of benzos controlling your life.

nothing can compare to the hell of benzos controlling your life.

Amen to that!  I am in acute withdrawal right now but at least I am free of the monkey.

Hey Marg .. know exactly what you mean .. I love how we all answer each other too. That's so important as even the littlest niggle can some times spiral out of control..

sounds crazy , but it is comforting to know that you are experiencing what I am !

Last night I was probably up 4-5 times with the bladder .. but I have counted over 10 times when I was actually tapering .mine is mainly at night as that was my reasoning for thinking nothing was really wrong .. during the day it's fairly normal .. normal .. not a word for us ah !!

I got up to 10 times several nights too bozo - I remember many nights of it being every half hour which was just exhausting!  And you’re right - the interaction we have with each other is so important and stops us going completely doolally! :idiot:  I used to feel so guilty if I coudn’t respond the next day and then realised everyone is in the same boat so stopped giving myself such a hard time :)

Normal will be a word for us one day - hang in there! :smitten: