Excersize ramping up symptom’s

[An...]

Hey buddies, I am currently tapering Valium, I tried excersizing ( intense Pilates class ) and found my symptoms to be ramped up. Depression and muscle aches half way through my taper. And wanted to get back into it but a bit scared. Anyone have the same issues ? Or ramped up symtoms when was excersizing ok? 

• Like 1

[He...]

I have worked out lifted weights almost all my life and before benzo it made me feel good and i felt relaxed after training.Now after started benzo about 1 year ago and tapering 7 months i can not work out at all.Just doing some very light rubberband and superlight weights rehab.The reason is i get inflamed joints and tendons and get extreme dooms for more than a week after trying to lift some weights i think it can bee body increase cortisol because oft the benzo. Also get increased anxiety like im in a fight or flight mode  after working out.I think the CNS gets chocked and react like somting dangerous is going to happend and gets overloaded and in high alert mode.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

[He...]

I have also got housebound and struggle with going out my door because of this nice medication .

• Sad 1

[PE...]

Sorry about this mess.. I know how it sucks not be able to go tobthe gym. I was like you the whole last year. And Didn't go out more than twice in six months.

It will get better though.

Just hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hey buddies, I am currently tapering Valium, I tried excersizing ( intense Pilates class ) and found my symptoms to be ramped up. Depression and muscle aches half way through my taper. And wanted to get back into it but a bit scared. Anyone have the same issues ? Or ramped up symtoms when was excersizing ok? 

You should not be exercising intensely during benzo w/d IMO until you start to feel better. Do something gentle like a 1 or 2 mile outdoor walk for example and some gentle stretching.

• Like 1

[He...]

Peppe That good to hear you have beaten the benzodevil and manage to go out and to the gym. i somedays force my self to go out and sometimes i just have to because of things that has to be done,but oboy that drains energy and stresses me out ,but it also teach my brain that it has to find a way to cope with this mess.

• Like 1

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Peppe That good to hear you have beaten the benzodevil and manage to go out and to the gym. i somedays force my self to go out and sometimes i just have to because of things that has to be done,but oboy that drains energy and stresses me out ,but it also teach my brain that it has to find a way to cope with this mess.

Yeah I'm 7 months out and things looks optimistic.

You will get back to gym when you are done with the worse of it :)

• Like 1

[jo...]

I went for a jog about two months in and paid for it for 3 days! so much for excercise being good for you. I'll stay on the couch thanks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

[PE...]
12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I went for a jog about two months in and paid for it for 3 days! so much for excercise being good for you. I'll stay on the couch thanks!

Yeah it seems like it's very individual. Sorry it sucks not be able to workout in sme way. Hope it turns for you.

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Yeah it seems like it's very individual. Sorry it sucks not be able to workout in sme way. Hope it turns for you.

Thanks me too. I hate not being able to excercise. I used to feel so good after running and I'd sleep like a baby. 

• Like 1

[jo...]

In fact I cant do much I like at the moment. Cant have a beer because it sends me into a wave. Cant watch TV because it makes me weirdly uncomfortable. Cant do much really. Benzo withdrawl sucks ass!:brickwall:

• Sad 2

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Thanks me too. I hate not being able to excercise. I used to feel so good after running and I'd sleep like a baby. 

I know.. getting exhausted has it's good effects.

For me it totally makes anxiety and bad feelings in general just vanish.

• Sad 1

[PE...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

In fact I cant do much I like at the moment. Cant have a beer because it sends me into a wave. Cant watch TV because it makes me weirdly uncomfortable. Cant do much really. Benzo withdrawl sucks ass!:brickwall:

Yes it sucks ass. 

Just remember it will get better. If I with my hellish symptoms could get better anyone can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

I know.. getting exhausted has it's good effects.

For me it totally makes anxiety and bad feelings in general just vanish.

I can't wait for that day!

• Like 2

[Do...]
13 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I have also got housebound and struggle with going out my door because of this nice medication .

I am also housebound and maybe once a week i can go downstairs to the pharmacy but sometimes when i comeback home i feel like i ran a marathon and when i try to do a long walk and some small exercise i get triggered with anxiety and also as i feel oversedated and have very low blood preasure i feel like i am gonna pass out.

I learnt it the hard way i cant exercise cause i will pay for it with a disgusting wave.

• Sad 1

[Le...]

I experienced some of this the first few weeks everytime I started exercising again and it often caused me to quit. I felt better for hours after exercising but it seemed to cause overall more discomfort. I now think it was the increased muscle tension as I started and in the beginning i never stuck with it long enough to get past that. 

• Wow 1

[Sw...]

Yes this has happened with me too but you’re making huge brain gains when you exercise. I would keep at it and push through the discomfort. I guarantee you’ll feel way better for doing it and pushing through, and heal faster, than if you lived in your fear state. Your brain is super sensitive so when you exercise and all those amazing brain chemical release it is overloaded. It won’t learn what to do if you don’t keep at it. Maybe start with a milder Pilates class that doesn’t have loud music in it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

[Le...]

my exercise routine was stable for about 6mo before i suddenly made improvements with my T. I am convinced cause I can stop a couple days and let it build up then get rid of it in a day. 

• Love 1

[An...]
On 26/04/2024 at 07:54, [[H...] said:

I have worked out lifted weights almost all my life and before benzo it made me feel good and i felt relaxed after training.Now after started benzo about 1 year ago and tapering 7 months i can not work out at all.Just doing some very light rubberband and superlight weights rehab.The reason is i get inflamed joints and tendons and get extreme dooms for more than a week after trying to lift some weights i think it can bee body increase cortisol because oft the benzo. Also get increased anxiety like im in a fight or flight mode  after working out.I think the CNS gets chocked and react like somting dangerous is going to happend and gets overloaded and in high alert mode.

This is exactly what is happening to me too the T it makes sense 

[An...]
On 26/04/2024 at 07:56, [[H...] said:

How far into your taper are you? Sorry to hear took me 9 months to get out of that 

[An...]
On 26/04/2024 at 09:34, [[j...] said:

Yes alcohol is a big no sends me into panic attacks and waves sorry to hear 

[Ar...]

Hubby due to his underlying condition cant do what he used to do, but he can still ride his bike. The bike rides are helping him with his cessation (about 7 weeks now), so still early on.

He gets out of the house, fresh air &  his circulation going. 

Sometimes he's not feeling great the day after, but overall the positive effects of moving outweigh the "negative'.

☀️

[jo...]
1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Yes alcohol is a big no sends me into panic attacks and waves sorry to hear 

Yeah it threw me into a horrible wave of anxiety insomnia and mood swings. I wont be drinkink for a while.

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it threw me into a horrible wave of anxiety insomnia and mood swings. I wont be drinkink for a while.

I drank ALOT mid taper once, at a wedding. Threw me into a psychotic episode