3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

George,

I don't make cuts like you but I have experienced what I think you are talking about.

When I cut and early just afterwards, any drama at home or work can seem amplified 100%. I am not sure why this happens I guess just like our sore muscles don't seem to flex back and forth as they normally do ,..our emotions can act in a similar way.

So I guess what I'm saying is in early days after a cut we are extremely vulnerable to experience amplified pain and even amplified emotional responses.

I find this over reaction decrease directly proportional to the time passing out from the cut.

Now I know I am only talking about my own experience so you have to take it with a grain of salt I suppose. I have even had this happen to me on good emotions,..I can be watching a comedy show a suddenly burst out laughing disproportional to the situation and even though it's a good emotion somewhere deep down my brain knows it was exaggerated and just dwelling on that can give some anxiety.

Any way, with every day now that passes you should be getting more stable.

Believe in the process and be kind to yourself!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

Awww you're the best ATU!  I will stay the course for now.  I am going to just consider today's even the perfect storm, which has now passed (I'm trying to let it go).  If I need to change what I am doing I am sure I will know it soon enough.  Onward!  :)

George,

I don't make cuts like you but I have experienced what I think you are talking about.

When I cut and early just afterwards, any drama at home or work can seem amplified 100%. I am not sure why this happens I guess just like our sore muscles don't seem to flex back and forth as they normally do ,..our emotions can act in a similar way.

So I guess what I'm saying is in early days after a cut we are extremely vulnerable to experience amplified pain and even amplified emotional responses.

I find this over reaction decrease directly proportional to the time passing out from the cut.

Now I know I am only talking about my own experience so you have to take it with a grain of salt I suppose. I have even had this happen to me on good emotions,..I can be watching a comedy show a suddenly burst out laughing disproportional to the situation and even though it's a good emotion somewhere deep down my brain knows it was exaggerated and just dwelling on that can give some anxiety.

Any way, with every day now that passes you should be getting more stable.

Believe in the process and be kind to yourself!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

Awww you're the best ATU!  I will stay the course for now.  I am going to just consider today's even the perfect storm, which has now passed (I'm trying to let it go).  If I need to change what I am doing I am sure I will know it soon enough.  Onward!  :)

George you are going to be alright, you have a good attitude that is so important. :thumbsup:

Onward!  :)

George you are going to be alright, you have a good attitude that is so important. :thumbsup:

Thank you Begood!  How is the hold going?

George, really very well, when I joined BB I already knew that I would have to do long holds and go my pace, and this third time has been going so well, and then was blessed to find the Long support thread with like minded buddies, I have about 3 more weeks then will resume my Turtle taper. I hope today is better for you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks, guys. I know I have to do this, so I will, but I will never be the same. I'm so discouraged about life and people and all that. Maybe when the depression is over I will want to live again. Thanks for you support.

MirandaJane

George, really very well, when I joined BB I already knew that I would have to do long holds and go my pace, and this third time has been going so well, and then was blessed to find the Long support thread with like minded buddies, I have about 3 more weeks then will resume my Turtle taper. I hope today is better for you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Ahh glad you are doing well.  Well I tried to nap and I think I got about 30 min of light sleep for 3 hours of effort so I got up and went for a long walk... It was a beautiful day in North Florida and it made me feel better.. Thanks!

George!

North Florida!  How nice, we just took a dip up here and it is currently -2 C.

It feels a lot colder though. Walks are a great way to get some mild exercise and also to allow us to get out of our own heads,..where we all spend way too much time anyway.  :thumbsup:

Have a great evening.

ATU 🙏

George, Oh I love Florida, that is great you got out and walked I walk each day and it is good for my BS, and so far do not take medication for Diabetes. But the daily walks gives me a boost and I love looking at nature and just being one with nothing but enjoying my walk, it keeps me feeling pumped and it is a good distraction. Walking is good for letting go of steam and just letting go benzo related poo ;D. :thumbsup:

PS, I tried to add to your quote but it was not working right. ???

George, Oh I love Florida, that is great you got out and walked I walk each day and it is good for my BS, and so far do not take medication for Diabetes. But the daily walks gives me a boost and I love looking at nature and just being one with nothing but enjoying my walk, it keeps me feeling pumped and it is a good distraction. Walking is good for letting go of steam and just letting go benzo related poo ;D. :thumbsup:

PS, I tried to add to your quote but it was not working right. ???

No worries )  I saw it anyway...thanks for the encouragement. I get lazy about walking/exercise lately but I am going to do better after feeling the positive effects today.  <3

I am at 2.25mgs!!!  wish I was doing as good as George, but my symptoms are SEVERE...and I am so scared of it getting worse before it gets better

But I forge ahead because there is no other way for me, I have tried everything under the sun.

Stopped tapering and went to lorazepam

Long hold

MT

nothing has worked ...so here I am  at 2.25mgs and a basketcase

Lainey,

I know it seems bad right now but you know with time and a hold it will get better.

Try to stay positive through this and believe that things will get better and they will.

Henry Ford said " if you think you can or if you think you can't, your right! "

Keep your thoughts positive and think of all those who went before us and thought as we do that it is so hard, but they got through to other side and we can too.  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

Begood,

I leave in the morning. Have get up at 4am then drive down yo airport.

Today I have been having episodes of asophageal spasms. Happens tight after I eat.

I hate that feeling, it sort f feels like angina and scares me. Other than that my ears have settled down.

I am having some anxiety about leaving but I guess that's normal. :idiot:

ATU 🙏

Begood,

Today I have been having episodes of asophageal spasms. Happens tight after I eat.

I hate that feeling, it sort f feels like angina and scares me. Other than that my ears have settled down.

ATU 🙏

Sorry you are having the spasms, hope it resolves soon. Be sure to have some chewing gum, and chew while on plane, the ear thing drives me bonkers, but chewing helps a lot. It will be fine once you get there and have the best time you can. :)

I am at 2.25mgs!!!  wish I was doing as good as George, but my symptoms are SEVERE...and I am so scared of it getting worse before it gets better

But I forge ahead because there is no other way for me, I have tried everything under the sun.

Long hold

MT

Lainey,  You are doing great and I am probably not doing as well as you think.  Just keep swimming.. we're going to make it  :)

Begood,

ATU 🙏

Sorry you are having the spasms, hope it resolves soon. Be sure to have some chewing gum, and chew while on plane, the ear thing drives me bonkers, but chewing helps a lot. It will be fine once you get there and have the best time you can. :)

Begood,

I am sure you are right, it should settle once I'm on my way. It was hard like this last time I had to travel while tapering. Though I didn't have the asophageal spasms then. Its probably all brought on by the anxiety of taking this trip.

I wont give in to it. I keep telling myself that it's only sensations and though they are disturbing they are not dangerous. I try to accept them and just observe them and relax in spite of them.

Not as easy as it sounds but I am getting better at it.

Thank you so much for your support. My wife wants to hear nothing of it she never has, not very supportive Im afraid. But she doesn't understand it because it's not happening to her.

I keep it all to myself except for all the good people here,

Hugs:

ATU 🙏

Long hold

MT

Lainey,  You are doing great and I am probably not doing as well as you think.  Just keep swimming.. we're going to make it  :)

Hey lainey dear - we are almost at the same dosage!!! that is wonderful, you have come a long way baby!!! :clap:

ATU, thanks for the encouragement, but holds DO NOT help me at all. so no holding for me

George & Kasey...we will do this...I am so sick this morning , AGAIN

going to post in w/d thread about this ICEY Hot feeling I get every morning...lately its been happening earlier and earlier, this morning it started at 3:30 am

going to post in w/d thread about this ICEY Hot feeling I get every morning...lately its been happening earlier and earlier, this morning it started at 3:30 am

Awww.. sorry you are not feeling well today  <3

Now add insomnia to the mix, I am a perfect storm

Spoke with someone last night in regards to whether I should drag this out any longer since I am so sick as it is?

But lack of sleep will make me go Psychotic

Now add insomnia to the mix, I am a perfect storm

Spoke with someone last night in regards to whether I should drag this out any longer since I am so sick as it is?

But lack of sleep will make me go Psychotic

Ugh.. do you take any other meds?  Trazodone will make me sleep if I am totally desperate.. Flexerill helps too. 

Hi Lainey,

I have been helping my husband taper off Valium that he has been on for years for insomnia. What seems to have been helping him throughout this taper is melatonin extended release 10mg and Benadryl. I know if it weren't for the fact that he can get some sleep, he would be going crazy by now. I was worried about adding more meds to the mix in the beginning but I figure one battle at a time. Hope things get better for you soon.

Marie

Hi All,

Am at 2v, Holding till i feel better...

Main sx are GI issues and cant sleep at night (day is no prob) and fatigue... -all pretty normal stuff...

-just wanted to say HI, and follow how people go as they finnish and step off... if thats ok...

Oh, and i see there is another turtle here... -Hi BG... :)

Hi All,

Am at 2v, Holding till i feel better...

Main sx are GI issues and cant sleep at night (day is no prob) and fatigue... -all pretty normal stuff...

-just wanted to say HI, and follow how people go as they finnish and step off... if thats ok...

Oh, and i see there is another turtle here... -Hi BG... :)

Yes ICU. This a good group and we are all so close now different stories but we all want the same thing. Hang in there. "Turtle Boy" :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Lainey,

I have been helping my husband taper off Valium that he has been on for years for insomnia. What seems to have been helping him throughout this taper is melatonin extended release 10mg and Benadryl. I know if it weren't for the fact that he can get some sleep, he would be going crazy by now. I was worried about adding more meds to the mix in the beginning but I figure one battle at a time. Hope things get better for you soon.

Marie

I have read that anything over 1mg is too much of melatonin since that all our body secretes of that hormone on its own...so Yes I have taken melatonin (1.5mgs) and it really doesn't do a whole lot of good

was told by ENT to stay away from Benadryl since I have issues with dizziness BAD  so I am fat out of luck I guess