3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Stephen,

If working is a must-do, you might be able to use it to your advantage. I work from home but it's still long hours and very challenging work, but that was precisely what got me through my taper. I put my focus into my work and that prevented me from over thinking my symptoms. I actually picked up extra hours during my taper just to keep my mind occupied with something other than what I was going through.

Just my experience, for what it's worth! I couldn't afford the time off and I also knew that weekends and vacations had been difficult for me mentally in the past. It seems like the more normal everyday stuff we can do, the better off we are. Or at least that was the case for me.

In any case, look at how far you've come! Just 2 mg to go. That is awesome. Be proud of that and feel good about yourself! You got this! :thumbsup:

I think I'd feel better if my work was part time or my hours were mor variable. I've worked for 2 decades as a computer programmer. So my work is always at least 40 hours per week. Finding the energy to eat healthy and get myself to a job by 9am everyday was intimidating when I was just dealing with anxiety. It's exhausting while doing this.

Grapejuice and Edzo- wow, you both are almost done- strong work!

SD- I would choose work. Work helps me too, something to focus on. Gives me a sense of purpose. This is hard on all our spouses and children (I have two young ones) but don't feel guilty abt it. It's taken me a long time to get over the guilt and I still slip. But that's what family is for- to support us along with enjoying life with us. Did your updose help?

SD- I would choose work. Work helps me too, something to focus on. Gives me a sense of purpose. This is hard on all our spouses and children (I have two young ones) but don't feel guilty abt it. It's taken me a long time to get over the guilt and I still slip. But that's what family is for- to support us along with enjoying life with us. Did your updose help?

The updose and long hold helped me stabilize. Unfortunately my mom passed away Tuesday and things have been rough going since then (see my progress log).

The updose and long hold helped me stabilize. Unfortunately my mom passed away Tuesday and things have been rough going since then (see my progress log).

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss, SD, that is difficult under any circumstances. I hope you will be extra kind and gentle with yourself during this time. :'(

Stephen Im sorry to hear this, my condolences as well. My dad passed away last october so I know what you are going through.  Hang tough buddy!

Stephen Im sorry to hear this, my condolences as well. My dad passed away last october so I know what you are going through.  Hang tough buddy!

How are you feeling a day after your cut?

Hopefully well!  ;D

Best,

Ed

Hopefully well!  ;D

Best,

Ed

Hey Ed! How goes it? Im feeling it day one for sure...tight throat, anxiety, scared feelings, g.i issues...normal benzo madness!

Hopefully well!  ;D

Best,

Ed

Hey Ed! How goes it? Im feeling it day one for sure...tight throat, anxiety, scared feelings, g.i issues...normal benzo madness!

Hang in there man!  You know where to head if you need solid support.  :)

Hello all;

I'm on the cusp of joining the club. Excited, but hurting.

Doc wants me to up the Remeron. I have said no, trying to hold out.

-Jman

Hello all;

I'm on the cusp of joining the club. Excited, but hurting.

Doc wants me to up the Remeron. I have said no, trying to hold out.

-Jman

Looking forward to having you in the club!  Yes, many of us are a bit tattered by the time we reach 3mg. But hey, we're finally at 3mg! Home stretch.

Best,

Ed

I am on my 3rd day at .039mg of K or equivalent to .78mg of valium, so far so good with just some morning anxiety and the ever present tinnitus.

Lets hope we all make it off soon and enjoy a good 2017.

I just cut down to 3 mg Valium last night...  Joining!

Congrats to you, George! Take a breath, savor the moment, and recharge for the home stretch.

All the best,

Ed

Ok long story longer;  I am now at 3 mgs of valium per sig

I now HAVE to cut only .25mgs every 2 weeks from now on...so I need help with the math although I am sure its simple I am so bad rt now typing this is a chore

I want to cut one every 2 weeks or so (not daily)

2mg pill weighs approx. = .173

how much do I shave off that in weight to get .25mg off?

and do I just continue with that same amount again and again off 2 mg pill?

Thank you in advance

I now HAVE to cut only .25mgs every 2 weeks from now on...so I need help with the math although I am sure its simple I am so bad rt now typing this is a chore

Thank you in advance

1/8 of your 173MG pill weighs 21.625MG...so shave off .0216 for each .25mg of medicine you want to remove.

Someone else please check my math, but it should be good.

Thank you in advance

1/8 of your 173MG pill weighs 21.625MG...so shave off .0216 for each .25mg of medicine you want to remove.

Someone else please check my math, but it should be good.

Ed, your math is correct, I got .25mg reduction is .02163mg shaved off a pill

laneyk  looks like you are now on 1.5 pills per day to = 3mg? this would be .173g + .0865g for a total of  .2595g

your next cut of .25mg would leave you at 1 full pill (.173g) = the other pill cut down to .06487g for a total of .23787g

Ed can you please check me also, thanks 2T 

I am cutting only from morning dose until I get to 1mg (2 cuts)

I imagine the .0216  is what I will cut off all the way down?  for a .25mg decrease?

I am cutting only from morning dose until I get to 1mg (2 cuts)

I imagine the .0216  is what I will cut off all the way down?  for a .25mg decrease?

Yup. So long as your pill batch stays the same average weight. If you get a new script, just weigh them again to make sure and we'll get you straightened out if there's a difference.