3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was on the equivalent of .2mg of valium, it is now day 13 at this level and I had a pretty nice ride until yesterday afternoon, Monday I was out for diner in the evening but last night I got very little sleep and woke at 5am to heavy anxiety and tingling in my feet/hands. The anxiety lessened some what through the day but is still with me at 5pm and I feel generally down in the dumps. I have been for a walk today but that did not really make me feel better.

I had hoped tomorrow would be my last day on klonopin and if I feel better tomorrow it may still be but at the moment am a bit miffed that I went downhill hard right before my jump.

2trusting

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was on the equivalent of .2mg of valium, it is now day 13 at this level and I had a pretty nice ride until yesterday afternoon, Monday I was out for diner in the evening but last night I got very little sleep and woke at 5am to heavy anxiety and tingling in my feet/hands. The anxiety lessened some what through the day but is still with me at 5pm and I feel generally down in the dumps. I have been for a walk today but that did not really make me feel better.

I had hoped tomorrow would be my last day on klonopin and if I feel better tomorrow it may still be but at the moment am a bit miffed that I went downhill hard right before my jump.

2trusting

I had the same experience, 2T. During my next to last cut, I inherited the flu and then during my last cut, I forgot a dose.  You can do this. I'm pulling for you all the way!

Best,

Ed

For the first time since I started regular (every two week cuts) I feel like I need to hold extra ... ugh .. what a crummy 3 days... hope tomorrow is better.  I am itching to get done, but my brain is not cooperating this week...

George,

Follow what your body is telling you.  Nothing good comes out of forcing things along. You're in the home stretch now! You'll get there.

For the first time since I started regular (every two week cuts) I feel like I need to hold extra ... ugh .. what a crummy 3 days... hope tomorrow is better.  I am itching to get done, but my brain is not cooperating this week...

I hate that, you get all ready to cut in a few days and then just before you do you get the rug pulled out from under you,

Ed has a good quote that fits this really well.

"it's almost as if the dog knows it's going to the vet"

Keep the pressure on and it will come.

2trusting

Patience and look how far you have come, and I think your Brain is telling you "Whoa I am trying to catch up and heal give me time". You will get there, and rushing is not going to make it better, may even set you back more, remember this is your taper and do not listen to the benzo  >:D wants to trip you up. Stay Strong. :smitten:

I hate that, you get all ready to cut in a few days and then just before you do you get the rug pulled out from under you,

2trusting

I love it!  Thanks for the encouragement.  I know you must be itching to jump worse than me..  I guess we just have to hang tough..  :)

George,

Follow what your body is telling you.  Nothing good comes out of forcing things along. You're in the home stretch now! You'll get there.

Thank you Ed.. It's discouraging but I know it's nothing in the big scheme of things..

I guess I just want to be back to normal...

Patience and look how far you have come, and I think your Brain is telling you "Whoa I am trying to catch up and heal give me time". You will get there, and rushing is not going to make it better, may even set you back more, remember this is your taper and do not listen to the benzo  >:D wants to trip you up. Stay Strong. :smitten:

Oh missed this earlier.. Thank you BGood... I know that you are totally right.  I'm so glad I can come here where people can understand what this is like.  At least it takes the loneliness feeling away  <3  I'm trying replace disappointed with grateful (its not really that easy) ...  :)

I marvel at what you've all accomplished when I consider my own situation I feel I have no right to even be commenting about my "issues".  You are all amazing people. 

I marvel at what you've all accomplished when I consider my own situation I feel I have no right to even be commenting about my "issues".  You are all amazing people.

You're doing amazing work yourself. Keep it up!

I totally agree with Ed, Slim you are truly doing a wonderful job of tapering. I know it is so very difficult, but you are making huge progress and will hit the '0' mark before ya know it!  :thumbsup:

That is so true!!!! Lol.

2trusting

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in other groups for over a year now and tapering. I'm currently micro tapering Valium in water. This morning I'm at 2.8mgs. Things have been going smoother by shifting to micro taper with small cuts daily or every other day. Honestly I'm getting a bit nervous as I can see the end in view. Less depression and little anxiety at this point. This has steadily improved (from 3mg K) Struggling badly with insomnia, and other physical symptoms.

How much do you slow down?

Patience, I know!

Just update...as I get lower the sicker I have become...so wish the opposite was true

my sleep is very  scattered and I am sick almost 24/7 now

Monday I will be at 1.75mgs

again wishing that this would be a celebration and hope....just dragging along waiting for acute to hit once I am totally off ...YES I completely believe I will have acute since I have gotten sicker the lower I ger

so unless God has a miracle happen I am expecting the worst....

so that's what is my reality...wish I could be more encouraging...sorry

I've been in other groups for over a year now and tapering. I'm currently micro tapering Valium in water. This morning I'm at 2.8mgs. Things have been going smoother by shifting to micro taper with small cuts daily or every other day. Honestly I'm getting a bit nervous as I can see the end in view. Less depression and little anxiety at this point. This has steadily improved (from 3mg K) Struggling badly with insomnia, and other physical symptoms.

How much do you slow down?

Patience, I know!

Wow...!!! Someone posted in here!!!

Hi Just... Welcome... You sure have come a long way!!!

I Guess a lot of people on these low doses are finding new challenges and some end up visiting more specific support groups, such as The Long Hold Support Group, Micro Tapering, and even The Updose Support Group... Not to say that they arent still tapering, There just seems to be an understanding that it isnt a race to the end, and the Magic Cure is IMHO Good people supporting each other...

Its a bit hard to give a specific answer to your question without a detailed sig under your post, mainly Meds,dates/times and Dose/cut sizes and health history -some of which you have given...

my best guess at this point is like you say... Patience, - maybe slow down a bit, or even hold for some healing catch up... -But just a guess and totally your decision...

What is your %cut/time?? have you been steady with your cuts or have you had to hold at a dose for a while here n there?? -they are all little clues... the last few months are the important bit, an overview of the rest would probably do the job...

I have lost most of my SX a fair while ago, BUT Insomnia is one that just wont let go, and GI issues... I think I am NOCTURNAL and ALERGIC to daylight... lol But I know it will get better, as the body has an amazing power to heal given time and some healthy assistance...

If you are realy feeling in trouble, I would consider a HOLD, these can take time, But you WILL be healing... If you pop into The Long Hold Support Group you will get plenty of info to atleast consider, and help you decide what is best for you...

Wishing you the very best,

and again well done on getting this far...

Thank you for replying Cantfly. I will work on my signature! I shouldnt feel embarrassed but I am, about all the meds I've been on. Dates are difficult at this point too. My memory is pretty bad.

My cuts have been, up to this point symptom based rather than strictly adhering to percentage numbers. I'll need to readjust. Currently tapering 0.025mg daily or every other day. It's hard not to want to push ahead as my brain is beginning to clear!

My physical symptoms are slightly...very slightly better, with the exception of sleep. I've slept maybe 10-8hour nights since 2013. (C/T 600mg Seroquel, bad antibiotic reaction, not flowed)

How long is it possible to go without decent sleep?? Rhetorical.

I wondered if you or anyone experienced a similar situation.

If I hold, more intense suffering ensues...not an option. 5 days or longer and things get very bad!

I'll need to find my notebooks (my shelf fell and someone "helped" reorganize, LOL)

My numbers aren't handy.

Previous months my cuts were 0.05mg V every 2-3 days.

Currently cutting 0.025 every 1-2 days. (Returning brain function is both bliss and frustration, the pain though...)

Thank you for replying Cantfly. I will work on my signature! I shouldnt feel embarrassed but I am, about all the meds I've been on. Dates are difficult at this point too. My memory is pretty bad.

My cuts have been, up to this point symptom based rather than strictly adhering to percentage numbers. I'll need to readjust. Currently tapering 0.025mg daily or every other day. It's hard not to want to push ahead as my brain is beginning to clear!

My physical symptoms are slightly...very slightly better, with the exception of sleep. I've slept maybe 10-8hour nights since 2013. (C/T 600mg Seroquel, bad antibiotic reaction, not flowed)

If I hold, more intense suffering ensues...not an option. 5 days or longer and things get very bad!

I'll need to find my notebooks (my shelf fell and someone "helped" reorganize, LOL)

My numbers aren't handy.

Currently cutting 0.025 every 1-2 days. (Returning brain function is both bliss and frustration, the pain though...)

Dont Worry, many People dont remember the details... you can only do what you can...

Symptom based is a good plan, that means slowing or holding if it gets rough....

Things getting worse if Holding on a dose is fairly common, and I dont have an answer... I have a suspicion or theory from what i have read... and simply put, that is that its probably better to hold through that rough patch sooner rather than later... People can run ahead of it till they jump, but what then??? -sooner or later everyone has to pay the ferry man...

The trouble being that this hold point often is left too late and stems from cuts taken up to months previously... The hold often gets worse before it gets better and can take a long time, sometimes months... The flip side is often a rough time post jump, with words like acute, protracted and reinstatement getting thrown around... It seems to me that some people doing their second or third taper know much more about holding early, longer and more often than many... -just my thoughts, I dont wish you to make decisions on this alone...

I Have intentionally left out the option of updosing to be able to hold and stabilize, for many reasons, one is that there is a lot to explore before that is on the table...

As for sleep, im not too sure how long -i have read some go days at a time after a nasty cut... I get my sleep, its just in the morning...

I Hope others that Are reading chime in with their thoughts, Im sure there are other views to mine..

Cheers.

Still having some navigation issues. It'll work out. I'll figure it out.

I have held in the past, weeks, and steadily declined past day five, that being said...I'm interested in your theory. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Looking for healing over speed in this taper.

Thank you immensely for your time!

Still having some navigation issues. It'll work out. I'll figure it out.

I have held in the past, weeks, and steadily declined past day five, that being said...I'm interested in your theory. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Looking for healing over speed in this taper.

Thank you immensely for your time!

no prob at all... Hope to see you around...

Best wishes...

My numbers aren't handy.

Dont Worry, many People dont remember the details... you can only do what you can...

Symptom based is a good plan, that means slowing or holding if it gets rough....

Things getting worse if Holding on a dose is fairly common, and I dont have an answer... I have a suspicion or theory from what i have read... and simply put, that is that its probably better to hold through that rough patch sooner rather than later... People can run ahead of it till they jump, but what then??? -sooner or later everyone has to pay the ferry man...

The trouble being that this hold point often is left too late and stems from cuts taken up to months previously... The hold often gets worse before it gets better and can take a long time, sometimes months... The flip side is often a rough time post jump, with words like acute, protracted and reinstatement getting thrown around... It seems to me that some people doing their second or third taper know much more about holding early, longer and more often than many... -just my thoughts, I dont wish you to make decisions on this alone...

I Have intentionally left out the option of updosing to be able to hold and stabilize, for many reasons, one is that there is a lot to explore before that is on the table...

As for sleep, im not too sure how long -i have read some go days at a time after a nasty cut... I get my sleep, its just in the morning...

I Hope others that Are reading chime in with their thoughts, Im sure there are other views to mine..

Cheers.

Can't - that was very well said! How to know when to slow a taper is difficult to answer - however, it sounds like you know your bodies response quite well - just tyrusa. Having said that, I have noticed ( for me) that once I hit the 2.5ml mark on my V taper, i had to slow down a bit more. ( not everyone needs to do this) as you know healing is not linear to tapering. I LMT V by .01ml every other day now. every now and then i hit a rough patch and my body/brain screams for a hold as my symptoms ramp up past what i know to be my baseline of daily symptoms.  It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job tapering and are on your way to complete healing.  :)

I held for 5 months last year and it did nothing!!!  it was so disheartening...The Long Hold support group continued to tell me to hold a bit longer and each week that went by I never had improvement (along with several others on there) so for me I was duped into losing 5 months off my taper

RT now I would do ANYTHING to get my sx under control...they are raging...but I fear holding will just do the same as last time...nothing ...all so scary

I held for 5 months last year and it did nothing!!!  it was so disheartening...The Long Hold support group continued to tell me to hold a bit longer and each week that went by I never had improvement (along with several others on there) so for me I was duped into losing 5 months off my taper

RT now I would do ANYTHING to get my sx under control...they are raging...but I fear holding will just do the same as last time...nothing ...all so scary

Sorry Lainey you felt duped, but the thing is we all make our own decisions and sometimes it just does not work as we are all different, not one of us have the same make up and things hit us differently. No matter I wish you Peace and much Wellness as you have suffered greatly my thoughts and Prayers are with you always. Have you tried to contact BAT?