3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I held for 5 months last year and it did nothing!!!  it was so disheartening...The Long Hold support group continued to tell me to hold a bit longer and each week that went by I never had improvement (along with several others on there) so for me I was duped into losing 5 months off my taper

RT now I would do ANYTHING to get my sx under control...they are raging...but I fear holding will just do the same as last time...nothing ...all so scary

Sorry Lainey you felt duped, but the thing is we all make our own decisions and sometimes it just does not work as we are all different, not one of us have the same make up and things hit us differently. No matter I wish you Peace and much Wellness as you have suffered greatly my thoughts and Prayers are with you always. Have you tried to contact BAT?

I agree, BG.  Perhaps we were duped by our docs to get into this mess, but after that we all make our own decisions. Some work, while some don't. Each individual has their own experience and own decisions to make.

I held for 5 months last year and it did nothing!!!  it was so disheartening...The Long Hold support group continued to tell me to hold a bit longer and each week that went by I never had improvement (along with several others on there) so for me I was duped into losing 5 months off my taper

RT now I would do ANYTHING to get my sx under control...they are raging...but I fear holding will just do the same as last time...nothing ...all so scary

Sorry Lainey you felt duped, but the thing is we all make our own decisions and sometimes it just does not work as we are all different, not one of us have the same make up and things hit us differently. No matter I wish you Peace and much Wellness as you have suffered greatly my thoughts and Prayers are with you always. Have you tried to contact BAT?

I agree, BG.  Perhaps we were duped by our docs to get into this mess, but after that we all make our own decisions. Some work, while some don't. Each individual has their own experience and own decisions to make.

all I have got from Long Hold and any group is information, and peoples best effort to answer my questions from their own experiences.... though I guess its a bit to do with the questions we ask and our interpretation of answers... If there was one right answer we would all only be here a week...

OK I apologize for using the word "duped" 

I was being "strongly" encouraged to keep holding though...but in the end it was my decision

so I have to own that

I am supposed to cut tonight and I have NO idea how I am going to survive...this is beyond the worse I had ever felt before

I thought I was bad at 4 mgs...that was a cakewalk compared to now

I was being "strongly" encouraged to keep holding though...but in the end it was my decision

so I have to own that

I am supposed to cut tonight and I have NO idea how I am going to survive...this is beyond the worse I had ever felt before

I sure feel for you as I cant imagine what its like to have to cut when things are bad.... Actually I do, but on another med, and I wasnt happy...

Obviously you have a fair bit of experience with tapering, so all I can do is wish you well, and hope that something changes for the better for you asap....

I wish there were answers to this nasty Riddle...

Lainey I wish I knew an answer for you, but will keep you in my Thoughts and Prayers. I am always looking for the end of the Rainbow and feel like everyone has their time to collect their bucket of Wellness. Hope for all of us, some may have a long time getting there, but never give up Hope.  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

so I have to own that

Lainey,

I can't tell you how many times I felt during my taper as if I was at the end of my rope.  Sometimes I'd switch methods from cut and hold to micro taper during those times. Other times, I "bit the bullet" and cut any way.  Occasionally my body actually felt beter after a cut during these times.  Do your best, breathe, and know this is temporary.

All the best,

Ed

I'm praying for you Lainey!  You have persevered thru much and I know you can get thru this cut as well. You are so close to the finish line of ever needing to cut again. It is almost done, you will conquer this and over whelm to complete healing!  :smitten:

Lainey,

I wouldn't be in any rush to drop below 2 mg. you have come so far and you are getting there. It is all about the time it takes for the brain to readjust to less and less of the drug.

At some point you may just hit the majic number where the amount your taking is just too small to effect you and before you know it your feeling better and better.

My own experience here below 2 was to slow down and take it easy. I have actually done quite well but I wonder if dropping from 2 to 1.75 is maybe too much perhaps 1.9 or 1.8.

Anyway I just don't want to see you bite off to big a cut and have to updose.

In any case you have come a long way and have only a bit further to travel. I know you will make the right decision and continue just fine!  :thumbsup:

:hug:

ATU 🙏

ATU is maybe right. Perhaps reduce the amount of your cuts at this point.  If you bounce back quickly, you can always cut again. Seems to be a better option than cutting too quickly and paying the price.

Best,

Ed

1st off, THANK YOU for all the responses..I really do cherish them

I will NOT UPDOSE...never have, never will...I know to much to make that mistake, besides, updose to what? there is not # that I felt good at

I cut yesterday to 1.75mgs because that's the rhythm I have been going at and need to try to stay that course

Holding has not helped me ...oh how I wish it would have...the benzo is toxic to me now...has to go

I am finding my morning waking from huge burning sensation is getting so much worse now...not a thing I can do about it.

I know acute is rt around the corner for me...hope God keeps my mind in awareness and I don't lose my grip

If anyone is reading this that has thought about quitting and going back up...Please DON'T...I made that mistake back in 2015...and had gotten relief for a very short time and now am sicker then before ...KINDLING is real...I am poster spokesperson for it...sadly

Ed, you are inspirational....God bless you...I can't wait to say I am Off this garbage once and for all

I still ponder if I am still in some PAWS from SSRI I came off of in 2015 (4 week taper after 15 yrs on)  and that is causing this taper to be so much harder?

Posting so I can follow this thread. I'm holding at .5 mg because w/d symptoms have been rougher than they were. If they stay the same, I'll move on down anyway.

Holding is Healing... :)

for some...but for MANY holding is NOT healing...its basically stopping a taper and waiting for tolerance to grab you again

Holding is Healing... :)

for some...but for MANY holding is NOT healing...its basically stopping a taper and waiting for tolerance to grab you again

ummm, yes , -But one has to stop sometime... Ie. when one jumps... -like i have said before sooner or later you have to pay the ferry man...

Tapering is removing medication below what the body needs to be stable, -Healing is allowing the body to adjust to the new lower levels of medication... THUS IMHO... Holding IS Healing.... (unless ones DMT is perfectly timed through the whole taper)

If one wants to wait until after they jump to have a crack at it... so be it... -its just holding at zero for the body to catch up, from wherever it happened to be left...

In my way of thinking, tolerance happens when the body has adjusted to a level of medication so it no longer has its original therapeutic effect, and the original, and perhaps some new medication side effects, emerge.... why one would hold a taper this long beyond stable (the point between WD and Tolerance), is beyond me... -Perhaps reinstatement. but thats not tapering, nor Holding To Heal...

Just my thoughts, the important thing is that one finds the way that they feel is best for them, and adjust as they see fit along the way...

Info is just here for consideration... Time and support are Key...

Roughride,,, -dont fear,,, -im sure u will not miss out on at least some pain... lol :)

Everyone has their own experience. Some heal during a hold; some do not. I just got worse once I held for a certain period of time.  No absolutes in this "game".

Ed - you are spot on! there are no absolutes, so we take it one day, hour, minute at a time. For some of us, it is a white knuckle ride the whole way, for others they have window, waves, weeds, for others they just MT and slide off. I so appreciate the encouragement you each provide as it helps me maintain the course of hitting '0' and healing. You are all warriors to me, may we persevere and endure with excellence till it is finished.  :smitten:

I think it's good to hear different experiences.  It kind of lets everyone see what are the options/possibilities.  There is no one way for everyone.  There hasn't even been one way throughout my own taper.. different issues at different times and doses.  I really appreciate every who cares enough to share here.  :smitten: :smitten:

Back to tapering after 5 day hold...did improve enough to function the past couple days. Nice to be below .5

I see a lot who jump at the .5 point...I'd love too...but I've always been super sensitive to meds, avoided them for years and obviously wish I had avoided diazepam...but I think I should head down a little lower first?

Back to tapering after 5 day hold...did improve enough to function the past couple days. Nice to be below .5

I see a lot who jump at the .5 point...I'd love too...but I've always been super sensitive to meds, avoided them for years and obviously wish I had avoided diazepam...but I think I should head down a little lower first?

roughride,

Wow .520 good for you. Your doing just great. Cant wait to get there myself.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Thanks ATU. Actually .495 today, just down half a ml. Going slower...half ml a day...and if things go well for a week may pick up pace. Really needed that hold. You look like your moving along too, good for you!

Hey Rough. (And ATU),

If you feel tapering right off is more comfortable and reassuring, I would probably go that way... -until I got inpatient or changed my mind...

Congrats on getting there...

:)

CantFly, yes that's the plan. Of course if symptoms are minimal, I may be convinced to go faster...counting on my body to let me know :)