3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

The last 3 mgs of my taper are now history. As of this morning, I am officially benzo-free. I took my very last minuscule dose of Valium after a taper of almost 500 days from 40 mgs of V.

Excited about the future and looking forward to healing. Keep moving forward!

Way to go Vintageguitar!!

I'm pulling for you to go gently forward into the future, free of that poison.  I honestly think X was the worst!.  I believe it's what gave me T.  I can't wait to end this too!

Peace,

Alycat

Way to go Vintageguitar!!

I'm pulling for you to go gently forward into the future, free of that poison.  I honestly think X was the worst!.  I believe it's what gave me T.  I can't wait to end this too!

Peace,

Alycat

Thank you, Alycat! It wasn't easy, but I know it was worth pushing through. I agree that the X is Xtra brutal. Now it's time to heal and I hope you're doing as well as you can be.

Wow! Congratulations!  Amazing!  I can't wait to read your success story!!!

Hi cooper5! Thank you! It isn't over, but I'm thrilled to know I can really begin the healing process now. I wish us all well.

Wow Vintage!  Congratulations!  It will only get better from here!

Thank you, PaulaDee! I had a rough day yesterday (my first day of no benzos), but today is better. Like you, anxiety is my biggest symptom, and/or the reason for my other symptoms! I'm looking forward to living again!

Vintage, My ND gave me a homeopathic medicine for my anxiety attacks and it is actually helping to my surprise!  It is not a supplement, as i cannot tolerate those!  Homeopathic remedies can be taken safely with other meds too, they are very safe.  It is called aconitum napellus, i use the strength 30ch, whenever I feel it coming on.

Vintage, My ND gave me a homeopathic medicine for my anxiety attacks and it is actually helping to my surprise!  It is not a supplement, as i cannot tolerate those!  Homeopathic remedies can be taken safely with other meds too, they are very safe.  It is called aconitum napellus, i use the strength 30ch, whenever I feel it coming on.

Wow! That's great news! How are you feeling after just over a month off? My first week off has been a little challenging and my nervous system is extremely "raw" and vulnerable to any stressors.

Tell me more about the aconitum napellus. Which one do you use and are you on any other meds? I am on an as-needed dose of Clonidone (NOT Klonopin!) for occasional elevated blood pressure. Where can I get it? Cheers!  :)

I'm still on gabapentin for now.  You can get it at any vitamin store or online.  Homeopathics do not interact with other meds and do not have any side effects.  There are various remedies, depending on your type of anxiety.

http://homeoint.org/site/ahmad/anxiety.htm

did you find gabapentin helped you with your taper?

It sure did!  I think it saved me from reinstating as I was ready to quit the taper, and it may have saved my life as it helped the extreme depression i was experiencing, and helped the horrible insomnia!  But now, i have to taper it as well, but am going to do it really, super slowly over a year or so, no rush at all

I believe gabapentin is helping me.  I haven't yet (knock on wood) experienced many sxs of wd.  I find it helps me get sleep.  I don't take more than 600 mg per day, mostly at night. My PDoc kept pushing ADs etc and I finally agreed to try gabap and have been taking it abt 8 months maybe,

Alycat

The last 3 mgs of my taper are now history. As of this morning, I am officially benzo-free. I took my very last minuscule dose of Valium after a taper of almost 500 days from 40 mgs of V.

Excited about the future and looking forward to healing. Keep moving forward!

This is the best news!  Such congratulations on a very hard earned accomplishment that I think only those on these boards could understand. 

I hope you celebrate the freedom.  Freedom from meds = hallelujah!  :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap:

Nicely done Vintage!!

May I ask how your Tinnitus progressed through the end of your taper?  Did it get better or more annoying at the end?  How is it today?

Thanks in advance,

Paula, Cooper, and SSixty and others in this group, praying for us all to go gently ....  Let us know you you are doing?  Ive slept pretty ok the past few nights and Im micro tapering, hit 2.75 last nite.  Crossing everything.

ALycat

This is the best news!  Such congratulations on a very hard earned accomplishment that I think only those on these boards could understand. 

I hope you celebrate the freedom.  Freedom from meds = hallelujah!  :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap:

Thank you, SufferingSixty! It is very satisfying to know I was able to push through and finally become benzo-free. I'm still being patient and doing whatever I can to be kind to myself. Cheers!

Nicely done Vintage!!

May I ask how your Tinnitus progressed through the end of your taper?  Did it get better or more annoying at the end?  How is it today?

Thanks in advance,

ALycat

Hi Alycat. My tinnitus is still with me almost 24/7, but it has not gotten worse and seems to have let up just a tiny bit since completing my taper one week ago. It's there now, but is not intense. I did have tinnitus once in a while pre-benzo, so I'm not sure how I will be once I'm 100%. Cheers!

Vintage,

I get a window w little or no T every few days. Depends on my sleep. Feel better today than in a while.  Maybe its the sunshine?

Alycat

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone here remembers me or if everyone I knew is gone because I'm doing the slowest taper ever. In any case, I've hit yet another wall at 0.30 diazepam and the sxs are pretty bad and aren't getting better after a hold. I read a little about NAD+ and didn't pay much attention to it. I did gather that some people found it helpful. I can't consider the infusions but I was wondering if the NAD+ tablets available on amazon have helped anyone with their benzo wd recovery. I'm quite a case with a lot of damage due to long term use, polydrugging and multiple tapers, so I would be cautions not to complicate things, but perhaps somebody has a similar experience and has tried NAD+. Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone here remembers me or if everyone I knew is gone because I'm doing the slowest taper ever. In any case, I've hit yet another wall at 0.30 diazepam and the sxs are pretty bad and aren't getting better after a hold. I read a little about NAD+ and didn't pay much attention to it. I did gather that some people found it helpful. I can't consider the infusions but I was wondering if the NAD+ tablets available on amazon have helped anyone with their benzo wd recovery. I'm quite a case with a lot of damage due to long term use, polydrugging and multiple tapers, so I would be cautions not to complicate things, but perhaps somebody has a similar experience and has tried NAD+. Thanks for reading.

Hi there VNM,

It seems that both of us are the slowest taperers ever-- we do what we can to get through.

In my research with NAD taking it orally is not a good source of the supplement.  Nasal sprays ( not the Gorilla spray available on amazon) get the supplement into the mucus membranes where it can be absorbed.

I got some spray from Ken Starr's clinic and can say that i really didn't notice much -- very disappointing.

There are others who say it was a tremendous help - so like much in this benzo world it's very personal.

Maybe others will chime in who have had good results with NAD

:)

Hi everyone,

Hi there VNM,

It seems that both of us are the slowest taperers ever-- we do what we can to get through.

In my research with NAD taking it orally is not a good source of the supplement.  Nasal sprays ( not the Gorilla spray available on amazon) get the supplement into the mucus membranes where it can be absorbed.

I got some spray from Ken Starr's clinic and can say that i really didn't notice much -- very disappointing.

There are others who say it was a tremendous help - so like much in this benzo world it's very personal.

Hi Suffering Sixty!

It is nice to see I have a fellow slow taperer here who's also been through the mills and still hasn't lost hope :). I think one single opinion on NAD was all I needed. I won't even try it then. I'm suffering fifty five but I did my first benzo CT when I was suffering 36 so it's been a loooong time. If I ever get rid of this last bit of benzo, I'll have to start tapering gabapentin and then trazodone, so I'm nowhere near the end, and this last 0.30 is being really tough. Like tough in a way I think "I'll never be able to make another cut with this terrible migraine, head pressure, fear and fatigue". But as I've been here before and then cut lower, I think perhaps it will be possible. Who knows. At this point I try to just live in the present. Thanks for your input :)

Vintage,

I get a window w little or no T every few days. Depends on my sleep. Feel better today than in a while.  Maybe its the sunshine?

Alycat

I would bet the right amount of sunshine would be a huge benefit! I hear that getting sun on the morning helps maintain our body's natural rhythm, including our sleep cycle. Great news!

Hi everyone,

Hi there VNM,

Hi Suffering Sixty!

It is nice to see I have a fellow slow taperer here who's also been through the mills and still hasn't lost hope :). I think one single opinion on NAD was all I needed. I won't even try it then. I'm suffering fifty five but I did my first benzo CT when I was suffering 36 so it's been a loooong time. If I ever get rid of this last bit of benzo, I'll have to start tapering gabapentin and then trazodone, so I'm nowhere near the end, and this last 0.30 is being really tough. Like tough in a way I think "I'll never be able to make another cut with this terrible migraine, head pressure, fear and fatigue". But as I've been here before and then cut lower, I think perhaps it will be possible. Who knows. At this point I try to just live in the present. Thanks for your input :)

Hello Suffering55

Yes to having been through the wringer with these things.

I take trazodone and a smidge of mirt for sleep.  Don't know where Id be without them.

At the risk of bringing something into the conversation that might not be welcome, my biggest help has come from Amanita Mascaria tincture.  I am now tapering at about 10% a month while thorough the very long years I was averaging 2-3% a month.  It's been a game changer for me -- and it isn't for everyone. 

There is a muscimol thread if you're interested.  And no my computer skills have not improved during this time so I can't post the link ::):laugh:

Yes there is always hope.  I do believe that this is teaching me things about patience and strength that I didn't know I needed to learn. ;)  And I will persevere as you have! 

May this day go well

• Like 1