3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Down to 1.25V now after a one month hold. Hoping and PRAYING this one is easier.

That 1.5 range was brutal for me as well, Beat.  So bad that I switched back to MT afterwards. Things have been better. Perhaps they would have been better had I just cut. Who knows? I never will because I'll never see that 1.5mg range again...and now, neither will you!  Hoping and praying for you.

Your friend,

Ed

Edzo8,

Im in that 1.5/1.6 range right now and im getting sxs I havent had for a long time. Like GERD at night

TMJ sxs. These things suck!

Did it get better for you when you got below this level?

My anxiety isn't that bad just these other pesky sxs that tend to hang around ya know.

Thanks

ATU

Sorry to butt in,

Although I am on klonopin my 2 worst periods correspond to about 4-5 mg of valium and again at about 1.2mg of valium, I am hoping that now I am below the 1mg level I will even out, so far the last 3 days have been uncomfortable with anxiety being the worst side effect.

Good luck to you.

2trusting,

I hope you will have clear sailing from this point forward!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Down to 1.25V now after a one month hold. Hoping and PRAYING this one is easier.

That 1.5 range was brutal for me as well, Beat.  So bad that I switched back to MT afterwards. Things have been better. Perhaps they would have been better had I just cut. Who knows? I never will because I'll never see that 1.5mg range again...and now, neither will you!  Hoping and praying for you.

Your friend,

Ed

Edzo8,

Im in that 1.5/1.6 range right now and im getting sxs I havent had for a long time. Like GERD at night

My anxiety isn't that bad just these other pesky sxs that tend to hang around ya know.

Thanks

ATU

ATU,

I switched over to MT from 1.4 to my current dose.  Things did seem to get a bit better. There was a nasty spell where I had to hold a few days right around 1.15mg.  Now, just south of 1mg, I'm getting some old chest pain stuff that scares the living bejesus out of me and comes and goes without reason.  So, honestly, it's just potluck how things shake out. We are just at the whim of our brain's recovery.

Best,

Ed

Your friend,

Ed

Edzo8,

Thanks

ATU

ATU,

I switched over to MT from 1.4 to my current dose.  Things did seem to get a bit better. There was a nasty spell where I had to hold a few days right around 1.15mg.  Now, just south of 1mg, I'm getting some old chest pain stuff that scares the living bejesus out of me and comes and goes without reason.  So, honestly, it's just potluck how things shake out. We are just at the whim of our brain's recovery.

Best,

Ed

Ed,

Thanks, I also was getting this sharp chrst pain the last few days in a line just under the breast mark.

It eventually came accompanied with acid reflux and I have read that acid reflux can come with chest pain.

I think I may try the M/T going forward.

Stay welll and have a great New Year.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Your friend,

Ed

Edzo8,

Thanks

ATU

ATU,

Best,

Ed

Ed,

Thanks, I also was getting this sharp chrst pain the last few days in a line just under the breast mark.

It eventually came accompanied with acid reflux and I have read that acid reflux can come with chest pain.

I think I may try the M/T going forward.

Stay welll and have a great New Year.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Yup, ATU, just do whatever you can to scratch and claw your way down the ladder. We've come to far not to make it at this point. The chest pain is super scary, right?  I also read that chest pinching/pain can come from GI/gas issues.  I'm willing to bet that is the case with us.  At this point in the taper, I'm a bit concerned about C/H. I know many, many have done C/H the whole way down, but it's just my personal decision based on how I know my body reacts.

I hope you have a Happy New Year as well!

All the best,

Ed

Just popping in to say I hope you're all doing well. The good news from the other side of the jump is that it really was pretty much a non-event so far! Benzo belly and akathisia have been the worst of it and they are both beginning to ease up now. Eternally grateful to the ones here who told me to slow down my taper because it obviously was the smart thing to do. You're all in the home stretch so focus on how far you've come and recognize your progress because it is a very big deal! Sending lots of strength and healing. Be proud. :thumbsup:

I don't know how to proceed. :(

What is the problem? sure some one can help as it seems any conceivable situation has been met head on and overcome by some one on this board

I don't know how to proceed. :(

What is the problem? sure some one can help as it seems any conceivable situation has been met head on and overcome by some one on this board

I just literally don't know what to do next. I've been locked in a mode of serious indecision for a while. I hit the wall in August of this year and went into a really bad wave. Nerve pain up my spine, burning pain on my skin, 10 days of insomnia. I lost 5lbs. a day for a week. It was awful. I moved from 1.85mg V to 2mg V and held there. I held there all the way through to moving back to America (I was with my wife in Australia at the time).

So I'm here back in America and I just don't know how to proceed. I'm at 2mg of Valium still. My wife and I don't have the money (we're in debt) to allow me to not work right now. Not without falling further into debt. We've cut all spending as much as seems possible. At least for now. We could cut more, but they would be major lifestyle changes for my wife (roommates, a longer commute, etc.).

So I don't know what to do next. For us to not be making drastic lifestyle changes I need to work. I don't know how my benzo-addled brain will hold up. I don't know if the symptoms will return if I have to deal with the stress of working. My diet is really good. I have that dialed in. I have a psychologist I can see to talk through this a little. But ultimately I need to work and probably hold at 2mg until I've worked a little or we need to make drastic changes and I need to start tapering again.

I just don't know what to do.

Stephen... I would choose work ...  Even updose a little or add another med to get past the stress of a new job..  I admit I am struggling with my job right now...I just don't think as clearly as I need to and I hate that, but it's better than letting my life fall apart.  That kind of chaos and lack of routine would send me into scary depths I don't even want to think about.

Out of curiosity, what does propranolol do?

It blocks adrenaline.  This greatly helps my anxiety and concentration.  I consider it a non-benzo temporary band-aid.

Out of curiosity, what does propranolol do?

It blocks adrenaline.  This greatly helps my anxiety and concentration.  I consider it a non-benzo temporary band-aid.

Thanks for that information. I see that medication here and again and just wondered.

Hi guys

After a two month hold I am restarting my taper with much trepidation on Monday.

Or even Sunday.

My doctor had suggested going from 1-.90 and holding. I want to hold for 3 wks as I seem to get hit then.

I am extremely fearful as I felt I was literally near death w my previous sx of akathisia and severe chest pain and nerve pain and day long terror. It felt like a freaking death camp and I am so scared to reenter that hell. I have gabapentin on board reluctantly.

I was wondering if I could dry cut and if so how do u suggest doing it?

I was using daily liquid micro taper but have lost my confidence to do so after this last bout with acute.

I am terrified guys.

It wasn't just regular sx it literally felt like I wasn't going to make it. I mean my doctor said as much.

I don't know how it will be any better now w this last mg or what's underneath the severity of my symptoms but I am scared.

Sorry to go on and be a downer.

I am wondering if it's even the right decision but I closed my amazing business that I built for 16 years so if I don't do it now I will never do it.

I just am afraid when I read of others here who didn't heal .

Ok so back to my question-- how do u dry cut?

Do u think my body will register that as less of a shock than using liquid?

I need my confidence back. But the truth is my nerves are sensitized. They have been all year. Something has been amiss since my cold turkey. Idk. Sorry just venting bc I feel so trapped

I am on remeron 15mg and gabapentin total 600 mg

Currently I am sleeping.

I try to go on walks almost daily but that's about all I can do. I Have kids and must get well.

What is the time frame you think to get off 1mg?

It's disheartening when my doctor tells me to get back on. :(

Thank you

Stephen... I would choose work ...  Even updose a little or add another med to get past the stress of a new job..  I admit I am struggling with my job right now...I just don't think as clearly as I need to and I hate that, but it's better than letting my life fall apart.  That kind of chaos and lack of routine would send me into scary depths I don't even want to think about.

Yeah. I think I can deal with the lack of routine. Or at least a new routine. I'm better when I'm in a routine, but I think I could deal. The lack of money is another story. This is so hard on my wife.

I feel for you...

This isn't your fault.

Or anyone's fault.

You are doing the best you can and will heal.

Hold steady and maybe adding another med like remeron or something can help buffer and strengthen you on the way down.

I know the thought of other meds is like YUK but...?

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for remeron. I don't know where I would be but not here...

Yeah. I think I can deal with the lack of routine. Or at least a new routine. I'm better when I'm in a routine, but I think I could deal. The lack of money is another story. This is so hard on my wife.

I wish you all the best whatever you decide!

Jackson: Re your question about dry cutting. I used a scale all the way down and off of Valium.  The scale is about $20.00 on Amazon. I used a metal nail file and sharp knife to cut the pills.  I am assuming you have 2 mg pills.  After you get your scale weigh 10 of your pills and then take an average to get your gram weight of the pill. You will use this number all the way down.  Since you seem to be on 1 mg you should initially take the gram weight of 1 mg (that is 1/2 of your 2 mg pill) and then taper from this gram weight.  It is your choice to either do cut and hold of a very small amt all the way down or a micro taper. I did the later.  I  cut .002 grams off of my pill when I cut  and I did a c/c/c/h all the way off - the was cutting about  .5 mg a month. This may be too fast for you.  What I like about the micro taper is you can slow it down whenever you wish by just adding in holds vs a cut and hold where you have to go up if the cut is too much for you. I hope this helps.

To all the buddies here I hope that 2017 brings us healing and peace. 

Hi Jackson!

Here is a link for the scale that I used for large portions of my taper:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483200094&sr=8-1&keywords=gemini+scale

At only $20, I bought 2 so I could double weigh all doses. Some call it paranoid. I call it thorough.  :laugh:

I think you'll be fine and dandy. Now that you have gaba to help out, I'm sure you'll get through this.

Happy New Year to you and All on this thread!

--Ed

http://www.zingerbug.com/holidays/glitter_graphics/new_year_rainbow_glitter.gif

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way

of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use".~A.U.

I am high on the valium chain at around 9 from 11. I have total lethargy. I used to be the opposite before this.  Can anyone tell me when or if the got their energy or life force back?  Thanks

I am high on the valium chain at around 9 from 11. I have total lethargy. I used to be the opposite before this.  Can anyone tell me when or if the got their energy or life force back?  Thanks

I had some minor improvements as I tapered, but 1.5mg was the magic number where I felt like my energy was really coming back to normal. I started jogging again after years.

I had some minor improvements as I tapered, but 1.5mg was the magic number where I felt like my energy was really coming back to normal. I started jogging again after years.

Still waiting here. But I'll get there (and you will too!).

Thank you.

Yes I don't think my Cns could handle jogging!

But I force myself to go on walks at least 3-4 x per week now that I am on gabapentin and more functional than I was :(

Terrified but starting tonight

Will do .90 and hold 3 wks

Thank you.

Yes I don't think my Cns could handle jogging!

But I force myself to go on walks at least 3-4 x per week now that I am on gabapentin and more functional than I was :(

Terrified but starting tonight

Will do .90 and hold 3 wks

Good luck. But I don't think you'll need it. You'll be just fine.

Best,

Ed