3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Still holding due to my mom passing.

Losing a parent is a very painful experience for many. It took me a long time to get over it when my Dad passed many years ago.  I think you're best served by holding for a while until you can clear off some of what you have on your plate.

Best,

Ed

I'm new to this thread, I'm at 2.45mg of Valium.

I'm hoping you can give me advice:

Ever since I jumped Ativan on Dec 1st (I'm still tapering Valium) I feel really REALLY drugged about an hour after my dose. I dose once a day at bedtime 9pm.  If I get up to use the bathroom within an hour of the dose I can get out of bed and walk and use the bathroom. I'm wobbly but I can do it. Any time after the hour and And within 5 or 6 hours after my dose I need my husband to help me out of bed and walk me to the bathroom.  I'm totally out of it, totally drugged; yet once I get up at 530AM I can once again get out of bed.  This is new about 3 weeks after I jumped Ativan. 

Can anyone relate to this?

Why do I suddenly feel this drugged on a lower dose?

A few folks suggested that I try dosing the Valium more often?

I'd love to hear your input.  And if you agree on dosing more, how often should I dose?

Thank you,

M.

Hi Mena! I think the lower we go new sx appear, for me it was the higher doses that made me feel weak and I couldnt drive or walk! Now that Im close to being off, I feel 100% better than I did at 2-3mg. You will get better I promise!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you also BB, that truly is reassuring and empowering to hear.

Sometimes I feel like my body has turned on me; once I learn the coping skills for

one symptom, my body switches to a new one, be it physical or psychological.

I like to think that when we are done,

we will all be able to COPE WITH ANYTHING.

I am 3 days into 2.75mg daily, after a 10% cut from 3mg. So far, so good.

Spent some time today at the public library without freaking out.

-Justaman

Justaman...Great to see you down so low mate. You must have been working hard at your taper all this time. You are really close to freedom!!

Hiya Shamo and Lainey;

Yes Shamo, I see some light at the end of the tunnel. Still have agoraphobia and moodiness,

pangs of anxiety. I was thinking of switching to liquid taper, and I see you did not have luck

with it. Did you do a daily liquid cut, or ?

Lainey;

Yes, I guess we are partners in this madness. Onward we go !

-Justaman

I switched to liquid to try the daily taper and didn't like it so stopped. I ended up staying on the liquid, but was doing Cut n Hold with it. Give it a go if you want...I just went way too fast with it. I was tapering .05mg a day, which worked out to be 1mg in 20 days.

Hi people, I have not posted here for a while but as an update I am now on my 3rd day of .03mg K or an equivalent of .6mg V

I expect to go to .02mg and then jump, although not debilitating I still do get hit for a few days every week but my main problem is 24/7 tinnitus that can be low or really loud, it seems loudest when I don't sleep and I am not sure if it is the tinnitus stopping me from sleeping or the lack of sleep making the tinnitus louder.

Either way I am battling through and am getting close to jumping. :D

Wishing everyone a good S/X free day :thumbsup:

2T

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2trusting

Updosed to 1mg from a .5 jump......that was a HUGE mistake for me....holding mg and going to follow how GrapeJ did her's!

:thumbsup: i agree, I think .5 was a bit high to jump, I felt the hit just cutting from .5 to .25. If you're doing .25mg cuts, then jump from .25mg.

(Of course I'm saying this only 4 days out, hopefully I won't get slammed the second week off. But so far it just feels like another cut.)

Great to see a new flock of people in this thread now counting it down. I remember last year from about march-june I was in here every day touching base with people. We have all moved on and now you guys are making your way to freedom. Awesome!!

Great to see a new flock of people in this thread now counting it down. I remember last year from about march-june I was in here every day touching base with people. We have all moved on and now you guys are making your way to freedom. Awesome!!

Great to see you here too!  So now that you've been off for a while, how would you rate yourself compared to life before benzos? 75%-80% or is that a bit ambitious?