3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I haven't been hear in quite some time but I see some buddies from other threads here.

I am currently holding at 1.5 mg. still having some troubling sxs. Mainly shoulder neck stiffness pain. But also that annoying throat tightness that make it feel like a I can't swallow properly.

I can still eat but I have to over chew everything and wash it down with water.

Oh, I am also having some IBS type stuff but that seems to be mild at the moment.

Cant wait for this to pass so I can move on to my next cut. :thumbsup:

Hope you are all coping as best you can,..none of this is permanent we just have to stay patient and maintain our composure,.. ya, right!  :) :'(

ATU 🙏

ATU I got some " epsom salt rub for feet" lotion and rub it into my shoulders and neck when I get that. Its very cooling which can be soothing too. It might be worth a try? I hope you get some relief soon!

ATU I got some " epsom salt rub for feet" lotion and rub it into my shoulders and neck when I get that. Its very cooling which can be soothing too. It might be worth a try? I hope you get some relief soon!

Kbb,

I will try that .

Thanks!

ATU 🙏

Hi ATU,

I can't help you with throat tightness because I have not experienced it. But I have had neck spasms and ibs on and off during my taper. Just wanted to reassure you that it will go away eventually, and sometimes it comes back and goes away again. I'm sure you are used to the way the wdsx  do that. But it's not permanent, so hang in there! Also, Moist heat helped my neck spasms.

Heath :smitten:

Heathcliff - I'm not in the 3,2,1 club yet so take this w/ a grain of salt....but I agree to maintain your cut size since that is working for you and try to decrease the hold time.  Going from 3 wk to 2 wk may be a large change...maybe consider decreasing the hold time by 2-3 days at first?  Just a suggestion.  You are so low!

I know you tried MT for a while - what brought you back to c/h and how do you compare the experiences?

Hi ATU,

I can't help you with throat tightness because I have not experienced it. But I have had neck spasms and ibs on and off during my taper. Just wanted to reassure you that it will go away eventually, and sometimes it comes back and goes away again. I'm sure you are used to the way the wdsx  do that. But it's not permanent, so hang in there! Also, Moist heat helped my neck spasms.

Heath,

Thanks, I'm sure your right. Woke up this morning and that annoying throat tightness can't swallow feeling was gone. Thats great news for me.

Take care.

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

Hi Lbr,

Actually I never did the daily micro taper. I tried it for one week but when I got bad wdsx, I could not tell at what day and what cut was causing the sdfx.

I like the small cut and not too long hold.

If I cut, and after about three weeks I get no side effects, except small blips, I know I can cut again. If I get bad wdfx, then I know I need to hold longer. So etinesif I had not gotten any wdsx fo a couple of founds of cut and hold, I'll make cuts with cpsmaller holds.

One time, at the beginning of my taper I had to hold for 3-4 months to stabilize. That's when I was making way too big cuts and not holding long enough. I sure learned my lesson!

Any way, my cuts are so small, only .02 each time. That is why I may try a cut of .03 next time.

My cuts are only about 3%. At this rate it will take me a very very long time to get off the Valium. But ,on the other hand, I am getting just about no wdsx and I am feeling quite normal. I am constantly questioning myself about going a bit faster. But I don't want to mess things up. The decisions I make are based on how I feel and what my body and brain are feeling. But it is a constant struggle.

I really have to be careful and not listen to any advice from my own benzo brain, if you know what I mean! :thumbsup:

Good luck to you! I see you are on Librium. I don't know very muchabout that drug? Do you taper it the same way you taper Valium? How are you feeling?

Heath - Yes, Librium and Valium are very similar.  1mg valium = 2.5 mg Librium per Ashton.  It tapers the same way....I never tried V, but I find L easy to work with b/c it is a capsule of powder and is easy to dump out and weigh so no having to shave or crush pills.  Anyway, glad you have found a method that works for you and you are feeling pretty well. I'm holding from a bad cut and trying to figure out my next move.  What I was doing before the bad cut was working quite well, and then I grew impatient and made a bigger cut and here I am...there are no shortcuts to this.

Heath - Yes, Librium and Valium are very similar.  1mg valium = 2.5 mg Librium per Ashton.  It tapers the same way....I never tried V, but I find L easy to work with b/c it is a capsule of powder and is easy to dump out and weigh so no having to shave or crush pills.  Anyway, glad you have found a method that works for you and you are feeling pretty well. I'm holding from a bad cut and trying to figure out my next move.  What I was doing before the bad cut was working quite well, and then I grew impatient and made a bigger cut and here I am...there are no shortcuts to this.

Yes you are right, there are no shortcuts to this. I hope you stabilize soon so you can resume your taper.  Peace and healing to you, and acceptance and patience as my friend Begood says. She is very wise!

Hi!

Finally entering the home straight of this journey. I'm at 2.5mg and have been doing a liquid taper reducing at 0.05mg daily roughly once I got down to 5mg of Valium. Cut and holds became alot harder and I'm glad I switched to a LT. I have a feeling it will take some time to heal after being on benzos for 14 years.

Im getting so excited and hope to jump in late June. I'm doing pretty good except for a new boaty/wavey symptom that started a week ago and I feel 24/7. I can't believe I'm finally almost there.

Proud to be in the under 3 club and look forward to seeing how we all progress together as we jump.

May our light shine bright in 2017 and beyond.

Peace and healing wishes

SJDA.... good luck with the "boaty/ wavey symptom"

mine started out occasionally and in a year I am almost completely debilitated by is...can not drive have hard time walking...have to hold onto the walls, counter tops etc

No one should have to endure this type of suffering

Hi!

Finally entering the home straight of this journey. I'm at 2.5mg and have been doing a liquid taper reducing at 0.05mg daily roughly once I got down to 5mg of Valium. Cut and holds became alot harder and I'm glad I switched to a LT. I have a feeling it will take some time to heal after being on benzos for 14 years.

Im getting so excited and hope to jump in late June. I'm doing pretty good except for a new boaty/wavey symptom that started a week ago and I feel 24/7. I can't believe I'm finally almost there.

Proud to be in the under 3 club and look forward to seeing how we all progress together as we jump.

May our light shine bright in 2017 and beyond.

Peace and healing wishes

Hi SJ... Great to see...

Stay positive, and enjoy the fact that this will all be behind you soon ..

Be Well..

Thanks Can't Fly.

It definitely helps to try and stay as positive and optimistic as possible. The benzos wreak havoc with our CNS. Just sticking to good clean food, exercise and minimise stress.

I'm so sorry to hear LaineyK ! I hope you don't have to endure for too much longer and your adjustment happens sooner rather then later. I feel like I'm on a boat. When I'm up and about with distractions it's not so bad. It clearly is the worse symptom though. This balancing act is crazy...

Hi Lainey. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Hang on, you're almost there. We both were supposed to jump July 4, but I sped up my microtaper a tad and now my target is June 30. But the symptoms are pretty intense, so I may have to slow down. I'm at 1.05 V.

Better days are ahead; keep on believing.

- MirandaJane

Miranda...how I wish I could speed things up but no way the way I am feeling..hope you are able to get to that goal without added problems

[24...]

Well I'm now at 2mgs V and things are getting slightly ropey but I just thought I'd say hi.

Please note; my taper may seem rather fast, that's because it is and I have no control over its speed (despite seeing different doctors and continued protests!)

Its all rather scary to say the least!

Hi Fleety, Getting close now... u r doing amazing... you will be so glad when this is over...

Night from Australia...

HI THERE MIRANDAJANE AND LAINEY K,

IVE JUST BEEN READING YOUR POSTS AND UNDERSTANDING YOUR TAPERS.

I TOO AM AT 1.05 VALIUM.

BUT I AM GOING SOOO SLOW. I DONT KNOW WHY BUT MY BODY JUST CANT HANDLE ANYTHING FASTER. IVE BEEN REDUCING BY .02mg about every 3-4 weeks. I just tried shortening my hold to 2 weeks and yesterday got slammed with a really sick feeling and pains in both arms all the way down to my fingertips on day 7 of my NEW hold. Today is day 8 of the hold, day 2 of the wdsx. I hope they subside and prove to be only a blip in the road. But I can tell that I just cannot go any faster. PROBABLY HAVE TO HOLD 3 weeks.

Looks like, even though I am low in my dose, I am going to be here for a mighty long time til I can get off of this stuff. The lower I go, the harder it gets.

But I must say, my slow taper  has provided me with very little wdfx for most of the last two months and longer and I have been able to function and live my life.

You are both quite brave to endure the wdsx that you write about. I can't do it!

I guess it's going to take as long as it takes and there is nothing I can do to change it.

Good luck to both of you. It's good that you can reduce your dose so quickly and still be able to tolerate what ever comes along.

Peace and healing to you both!

Heath :)

[24...]

Thanks Cantfly,

I certainly don't feel amazing, more like someone's twanging my central nervous system like guitar strings.

Thanks Cantfly,

I certainly don't feel amazing, more like someone's twanging my central nervous system like guitar strings.

normally Id make some sort of a joke here, to lighten the mood and offer encouragment...

But there just aint nothing funny about this situation...I know it is costing you dearly in every aspect of life... I just hope it is over fast for you, and you bounce back in no time... we all have much to learn from you...

Wishing you strength..

Hey guys just dropping by. I've had some good improvement the last week....Touch wood. I'm 10 months off. My head symptoms feel like they have cleared up a bit. I've noticed I'm not having as much ocd, intrusive thinking and depression. I noticed it when I woke up the other morning and didn't have that heavy feeling. Things have been better since then.

Hang in there guys. Can'tFly I hope you are doin alright. Seems like you are keeping the troops positive.  And the rest of you I hope you are all fighting through as well. This whole thing truly is a war. All you can do is move forward day by day. When I was tapering I blocked out all thoughts of the future etc and just focused on surviving the days.

Great Shamo to hear from you and that you're getting better and better every day ! It sounds so hopeful ! We surely will never be the same again after this experience.

Heath i'm also one of those "Lucky" girlz .. ahummm...... who needs to go very slow.. i'm going like .01 every 7 days so that's .04 a month. I would love to go faster if i could but i have a husband, 2 kids, a dog, birds .. who are counting on me and i need to be well enough to do the things i love to do and to give my kids the chance to do what they want to... I used to be in the pits of hell aswell.. but once i've accepted that there will be no end date and i have to take things the way they go .. it feels like a rock of my chest.. Just keep talking to yourself that this will end and it will be all a bad memory.  That's what works for me.. it will be over and we're gonna enjoy life more than anyone else.

Good luck all ! We're gonna make it to the other side !

xxx