3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Updosed to 1mg from a .5 jump......that was a HUGE mistake for me....holding mg and going to follow how GrapeJ did her's!

:thumbsup: i agree, I think .5 was a bit high to jump, I felt the hit just cutting from .5 to .25. If you're doing .25mg cuts, then jump from .25mg.

(Of course I'm saying this only 4 days out, hopefully I won't get slammed the second week off. But so far it just feels like another cut.)

Thats what Im gonna do, hope I didnt mess up my taper.

Just want to say I am now officially the sickest I have EVER been during this entire process

I am dizzy /woozy/ off balanced all day long...never lets up at all

sleep is marginal at best

I am a wreck...you can not do much when you feel like you are going to either fall over or pass out 24/7

getting to lower amount is killing me slowly

So now I am faced with the "do I hold a bit or just keep plugging along"?

I cry uncontrollably daily...because I want to die!!!  I want this to end!!!  If not for my faith in Jesus I would NOT be here...so I am just stuck waiting for the other shoe to drop? 

Year ago I thought I had been the sickest I could get...wow was I wrong...it can get worse

my worst symptom is my head issue...the anxiety and all the rest I can battle through but this weird head feeling is not anything you can ignore or distract from

just needed to vent...2.75mgs  BIG FREAKING DEAL!!!!

Lainey,

I hear you. There have been a number of times during this taper when I felt that I had reached a new all time low. That I couldn't go on.  That I'd rather be called home.  But I hung in there as hard as I could and here I am 2 weeks from jumping.  I never thought I'd see the day.  But you can do this.  I know you can.  Agreed that some sx are beyond comprehension, but just retreat into meditation or pray or cry or whatever you need to do to get through. Because there is an end to this ordeal. When you come through it, it will be the most glorious time of your life.

Best,

Ed

Lainey,

Ed said it best, just hang in there and as hard it may seem accept it and be grateful and hold if needs be. It will get better, you have to believe that.

You have come all this way, there no turning back your new life awaits you going forward.

Peace & Healing

:smitten:

ATU

Thanks guys...I just read in my journal when I held for a month in Dec. and felt absolutely no better holding...so I guess I will cut again next week

this is either going to kill me or make me stronger???  I can't imagine ever feeling normal ever again

Lainey,

I understand your thinking but now that your getting into the lower numbers longer holds realy help.

IMO that is. I have been struggling sunce I got ubder 2 mg. you may want to rethink this.

Having said that though we are all different and you know best what you can tolerate.

Peace & Healing  :thumbsup:

ATU

Lainey,

Ed said it best, just hang in there and as hard it may seem accept it and be grateful and hold if needs be. It will get better, you have to believe that.

You have come all this way, there no turning back your new life awaits you going forward.

Peace & Healing

:smitten:

ATU

Accept it and be grateful? Grateful for what haha? It's hard to do that when this is the worst moment of our lives...

Shamo,

My meaning was that when we accept these sxs instead of shrinking or fighting them they tend to dissapate. When we don't accept them and fight them we give them energy and they grow in strength and persist.

I have seen it my self when I happened to find my heart rate sky rocket. It scared me and I stated measuring it hourly even. It persisted high. I went to the ER and the Doctor told me to stop measuring it. Which I did and I eventually put it out of my mind. It almost instantly came back down to normal.

When we experience these sensations and symptoms they scare us, that fear feeds them to continue.

I think we all know that. Im not saying anything new here.

I was trying to be helpful.

Look, I know how hard this taper is I am suffering as well but I also know that we can control how we react to this process. Maybe not a lot at first but with practice of acceptance and not fighting the sensations or sxs we can get better and better at it.

I hope it was read this way a not in a way that indicated flippent attitude.

Peace & Healing 🙏

ATU

Not at all and I understand where you are coming from and acceptance is the key. I just found the 'be grateful' part quite humorous. I'm not sure if that's possible ;)

Shamo,

Yes, I see your point. I guess I slipped that in there because its something I always try to be. I know we all have our suffering but their are those who suffer far worse fates than ours. I guess I was making a case relative suffering of others if you will.

At any rate, we all suffer, we all go through this and those who accept I think suffer less and for a shorter duration.

Have a great weekend!

ATU

Hi I'm new here and struggling too. I'm trying to understand why it gets harder under 3mg.  Can anyone explain what's happening to cause horrific sxs.

Thank you

Hi I'm new here and struggling too. I'm trying to understand why it gets harder under 3mg.  Can anyone explain what's happening to cause horrific sxs.

Thank you

No clue. But it's a bummer. If nothing else, the hope that things might get easier has always served as a carrot to continue.

Thank you

I personally didn't find it harder under 3mg, symptoms-wise, but I chose to increase all my holds at least 14 days instead of the 10-14 days previously. This is because my cuts were going over 10% at that point. I don't think there's anything special about 3mg, or 5mg or Xmg that spikes sxs. I think you just have to keep your cuts under a certain percentage and hold until you feel stable. Maybe your system is still trying to recover from the Ativan jump and the Valium cut right after it and needs more time to hold?

I don't think it is harder as you get lower but do think it is easier to let the cuts stack up on top of each other and hit you harder. I was doing well but got walloped around the equivalent of 1.17mg V and needed to hold for a month and then slow down.

Also as I have gotten lower my tolerance for being patient has dwindled.

Can someone take a look at my most recent blog entry? I'm finally able to think about something other than my family crisis and I have no idea what to do next. :(

Can someone take a look at my most recent blog entry? I'm finally able to think about something other than my family crisis and I have no idea what to do next. :(

Hi Stephen, it sounds like you need more time to adjust to the changes in your life, especially if you need to find a job for financial reasons. It's best for one to be in a stable place emotionally and just in life overall before attempting a taper. I understand wanting to get off this stuff, but it may be too much to tackle right now. I think a taper is more likely to be successful when you have a good starting position. Just my $.02.

ATU, gratitude seems to be a feeling a lot of people come out of the process with. I have read numerous posts where people wrote about coming out the other side with a new appreciation for life in general and even simple things like seeing vivid colors again. Its probably similar to alcoholics and AA mmetings- how grateful they are to have survived such a terrible ordeal and how it gives them a whole new perspective on life they never had before. I guess everyone comes through it differently but I can understand how people could appreciate it in a way very different to how we normally think of appreciation.

Hi Stephen, it sounds like you need more time to adjust to the changes in your life, especially if you need to find a job for financial reasons. It's best for one to be in a stable place emotionally and just in life overall before attempting a taper. I understand wanting to get off this stuff, but it may be too much to tackle right now. I think a taper is more likely to be successful when you have a good starting position. Just my $.02.

Yeah. I'm worried that's the cause. I've been holding since August because all of this change. Is that okay? I'm having memory problems and I can't figure out if the memory problems are related to anxiety or depression or if they're related to something like glutamate damage.

I'm at 2.3 mg. Valium and have been having more windows - though plenty of waves - since 2.7. I see light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it keeps up.

MirandaJane

Not posted much in this thread for a while but thought I would let people know I am at .03mg k or equiv of .6mg V and dropping to .02mg of k or .4mg of valium tomorrow.

Things are getting some what easier but are far from easy, hope to drop down to .01 mg of k or .2mg v in 2 weeks and jump from that point.

2trusting

I'm at .27 dz and have felt much better the past three weeks. Don't know yet whether it's a long window or permanent. Got  6.5 to 7 hours of sleep the past two nights and have no s/x's today. Starting drink a small amount of coffee in the am. Forgot how much I missed it.

I'm at .27 dz and have felt much better the past three weeks. Don't know yet whether it's a long window or permanent. Got  6.5 to 7 hours of sleep the past two nights and have no s/x's today. Starting drink a small amount of coffee in the am. Forgot how much I missed it.

You're doing great! Congrats to you.

Best,

Ed

So glad to hear this!  Congrats on making it  :)

• 2 weeks later...