3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Valium has been a blessing for me compared to xanax and ambien. Its still an adjustment every day and almost a different world from week to week but its a more stable adjustment. Good luck to you, hopefully it will smooth out some bumps in the road for you. Or at least fill in a few potholes!

Rough night with a panic attack but I got through it. Isn't it crazy that we got on these drugs to avoid these symptoms and then we have to go through them even worse in the end? Sigh. But I'm a hell of a lot stronger now than I was when I said yes to that prescription.  Getting stronger by the day. So I refuse to have regrets. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I wanted to share what I've been thru.  Just really started taper. Decided on a .03 daily micro taper rate and life was good. Working. Shopping.no depression.hopeful.

Then.  Because I was feeling so good 1 month later I upped the rate to .04.  A 25% increase with no holds for 25 days.  Symptoms started early. Thought I had a virus.  Wont get into details,but went into wd.  Cancel xmas, told son not to come. Stomach cramping was like giving birth. There was a day I wondered.  You know...

I survived it. Still holding.  A lot wiser. The body determines the rate.  The drug owns us. We play by its rules. 

Thank you for sharing

Where are u now in your taper

I hope u are Feeling better

.03 per day means how long to go down 1mg?

I am starting jan 1. No clue what rate to start at. Or what's realistic

I was doing 1ml per day

I was successful and healthy at .03. But that was based on 10 mg valium.  You would have to go much lower because you are at 1. I use that spreadsheet on benzo.org.  How are you feeling?

Thank you

I am holding on for dear life!

On neurontin now. It's helping

I will look on that site.. I don't know how to proceed from here

I feel I need off sooner than later bc the damage has been done from my cold turkey :(

Question to group.

For those of you who are dosing once a day usually in the evening. Was it difficult to make that change?

Also, did those of you that did this, find it helped with sleep issues at night?

I am experiencing very poor sleep these days and I currently dose twice a day. .75 mls in the am and .85 mls at night. In my case ml is interchangable with mg. thats the way I make my liquid. Currently on 1.6 mg/ ml.

Today I started the cross and only took .6 ml so tonight I will take 1 ml, then continue untill I am dosing entirely at night the 1.6 mg.

Have any of you done something like this and did it work out for you?

Much appreciated.

ATU

ATU .. I always took xanax in lots of really small frequent doses, but I am doing ok valium once a day.  I don't feel interdose withdrawl and it does help with sleep.  I am not on as low a dose as you yet so that could change, but that is my experience so far.

ATU .. I always took xanax in lots of really small frequent doses, but I am doing ok valium once a day.  I don't feel interdose withdrawl and it does help with sleep.  I am not on as low a dose as you yet so that could change, but that is my experience so far.

GeorgeVI,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

I suppose it is what it is and I have to find something or maybe nothing that will give enough sleep.

Have a great Christmas :thumbsup:

ATU

Just wanted to ask for your fingers to be crossed for me as I went down to .047mg of klonopin today that is equivelent to .94mg of V, I am in the under 1mg club and hope for an easy dose reduction. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to ask for your fingers to be crossed for me as I went down to .047mg of klonopin today that is equivelent to .94mg of V, I am in the under 1mg club and hope for an easy dose reduction. :thumbsup:

2trusting,

My fingers are crossed for you. Im sure you will be fine, anticipate wellness and it shall be yours.

Someone once said "If you expect the worst or if you expect the best you will be right" so expect the best and it will be so.

Happy New Year!  :thumbsup:

ATU

2trusting,

My fingers are crossed for you. Im sure you will be fine, anticipate wellness and it shall be yours.

Someone once said "If you expect the worst or if you expect the best you will be right" so expect the best and it will be so.

Happy New Year!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Wonderful quote. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Crossing my fingers.  I'll even say a prayer for you. Great job on your taper thus far!

Best,

Ed

Thank you Ed.

You are getting close also, where do you think you will jump from?

I'm crossing everything for every one on this board.

Well, it's tough to tell. I'm still at a point where my body really feels every .01mg reduction. So, if things continue in this manner, I'll be tapering down to the bitter end. I guess I don't feel the need to be at 0 just to say I'm at 0. I want to give myself the best, healthiest shot at full recovery.  On the other hand, I've read where many people have begun to feel better at about .5mg.  If that becomes the case for me, I'll reevaluate my plans. 

How are you feeling these days? What are your chief sx? I get anxiety, but not nearly as bad as it was at different times during this taper. My main sx though are a really irritated gut, some chills, pressure in my head like my blood pressure is up, and from time to time dull to pinching chest pains--I really hate those as they're quite scary.  However, they've come and gone throughout this taper.

Looking forward to hearing back!

All the best,

Ed

Thank you Ed.

Well, it's tough to tell. I'm still at a point where my body really feels every .01mg reduction. So, if things continue in this manner, I'll be tapering down to the bitter end. I guess I don't feel the need to be at 0 just to say I'm at 0. I want to give myself the best, healthiest shot at full recovery.  On the other hand, I've read where many people have begun to feel better at about .5mg.  If that becomes the case for me, I'll reevaluate my plans. 

How are you feeling these days? What are your chief sx? I get anxiety, but not nearly as bad as it was at different times during this taper. My main sx though are a really irritated gut, some chills, pressure in my head like my blood pressure is up, and from time to time dull to pinching chest pains--I really hate those as they're quite scary.  However, they've come and gone throughout this taper.

All the best,

Ed

The two biggies are morning anxiety and 24/7 tinnitus with the minor ones being muscle aches, face pressure and some tingling/numbness in hands and feet. Lack of sleep still gets me from time to time.

I did hold for a month this last cut as it was a big one at 25% and hurt, the month prior I made 2 smaller cuts and had a pretty good month, more good days than bad.

I have been through many different symptoms in the last 8 or so months, the worst was akethisia where I could not stay still and needed to walk the streets. That only lasted a few days in its full intensity and was the result of an over aggressive taper, once I slowed down it has come back to visit but no where near as nasty.

My next cut should take me to .039k or equiv of .78V and I will make my mind up then, I wonder if when you get that low you just prolong things rather than make things easier when you jump?

Either way it seems like a crap shoot.

Regards

2T

Thank you Ed.

All the best,

Ed

The two biggies are morning anxiety and 24/7 tinnitus with the minor ones being muscle aches, face pressure and some tingling/numbness in hands and feet. Lack of sleep still gets me from time to time.

I did hold for a month this last cut as it was a big one at 25% and hurt, the month prior I made 2 smaller cuts and had a pretty good month, more good days than bad.

I have been through many different symptoms in the last 8 or so months, the worst was akethisia where I could not stay still and needed to walk the streets. That only lasted a few days in its full intensity and was the result of an over aggressive taper, once I slowed down it has come back to visit but no where near as nasty.

My next cut should take me to .039k or equiv of .78V and I will make my mind up then, I wonder if when you get that low you just prolong things rather than make things easier when you jump?

Either way it seems like a crap shoot.

Regards

2T

You are absolutely correct! It really is a crap shoot.  However, my last cut of .35mg was just crushing to me at about a 20% reduction. Thing is, once you get this low, I don't know how much sense it makes to stay within the 10% recommended parameter.  So I'm just knocking off little bits and chunks as I'm able. I don't feel confident enough to take another, larger cut after that last one.  Even though the last .35mg done via micro taper hasn't been easy, it was much, much better than the .35mg cut I took in one fell swoop.  Either way we do this, we shall eventually get off this junk and then the true healing will begin.  As an aside, I do think some degree of healing occurs as we taper sensibly, but I also think that full healing can't happen until we are clean.

All the best,

Ed

Down to 1.25V now after a one month hold. Hoping and PRAYING this one is easier.

I will be thinking of you and hoping for an easy drop for you, what ever way you are getting lower and that can only be a good thing.

Down to 1.25V now after a one month hold. Hoping and PRAYING this one is easier.

I will be thinking of you and hoping for an easy drop for you, what ever way you are getting lower and that can only be a good thing.

Thanks, I see you are extr!emely close too! You are doing great tapering the K!

That 1.5 range was brutal for me as well, Beat.  So bad that I switched back to MT afterwards. Things have been better. Perhaps they would have been better had I just cut. Who knows? I never will because I'll never see that 1.5mg range again...and now, neither will you!  Hoping and praying for you.

Your friend,

Ed

Thanks, I see you are extr!emely close too! You are doing great tapering the K!

Thanks and yes so close yet so far seems to cover it.

I don't feel like I am doing well with this taper but reading some of the horror stories on here it seems that my hell is an others easy time. 

Thanks Ed and 2T! Im on day 3, feeling it but its not bad yet. maybe it wont be who knows.....this is like dynamite that tends go off with a huge bang when it goes wrong! Hope you all are feeling OK!

That 1.5 range was brutal for me as well, Beat.  So bad that I switched back to MT afterwards. Things have been better. Perhaps they would have been better had I just cut. Who knows? I never will because I'll never see that 1.5mg range again...and now, neither will you!  Hoping and praying for you.

Your friend,

Ed

Edzo8,

Im in that 1.5/1.6 range right now and im getting sxs I havent had for a long time. Like GERD at night

TMJ sxs. These things suck!

Did it get better for you when you got below this level?

My anxiety isn't that bad just these other pesky sxs that tend to hang around ya know.

Thanks

ATU

Your friend,

Ed

Edzo8,

Im in that 1.5/1.6 range right now and im getting sxs I havent had for a long time. Like GERD at night

TMJ sxs. These things suck!

Did it get better for you when you got below this level?

My anxiety isn't that bad just these other pesky sxs that tend to hang around ya know.

Thanks

ATU

Sorry to butt in,

Although I am on klonopin my 2 worst periods correspond to about 4-5 mg of valium and again at about 1.2mg of valium, I am hoping that now I am below the 1mg level I will even out, so far the last 3 days have been uncomfortable with anxiety being the worst side effect.

Good luck to you.