Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Yesterday I made a cut in mu klonopin bringing me close to the 1mg mark.

Had muscle aches all day and last night I had zero sleep, this was a bit of a downer after the last 2weeks being really rather symptom free, will hope it gets better in a day or so.

Thats how I felt....was doing great for 2-3 weeks then slammed. We will get better.

ee

I'm not giving up hope that this setback will be short lived, It has happened to me in the past where I get a day or two of bad then get feeling better

Aperture from the lack of sleep and muscle aches I'm in not too bad shape, that is if you forget the tinnitus that has been with me since my first rapid taper.

By the way I was only on klonopin for 10 or so weeks when I first tried to get off.

Well as of tonight, I'm down to my final 1mg. Hard to believe, one year ago I was just getting started on my Valium taper. I'm feeling pretty decent. In fact, I finally found enough energy and motivation to start jogging again during this last cut. My mind has been clearing up for a while also. We really do heal as we taper. Remaining symptoms are tinnitus (my worst), tight and achy jaw/neck/shoulder/upper back muscles, and interrupted sleep. But I'm still getting about 7 hours average a night. (I feel my best with 8, but I'll take whatever I can get). I'm planning to keep up with the .25mg cuts every two weeks, should be off by the end of January. The finish line is in sight. :)

Well as of tonight, I'm down to my final 1mg. Hard to believe, one year ago I was just getting started on my Valium taper. I'm feeling pretty decent. In fact, I finally found enough energy and motivation to start jogging again during this last cut. My mind has been clearing up for a while also. We really do heal as we taper. Remaining symptoms are tinnitus (my worst), tight and achy jaw/neck/shoulder/upper back muscles, and interrupted sleep. But I'm still getting about 7 hours average a night. (I feel my best with 8, but I'll take whatever I can get). I'm planning to keep up with the .25mg cuts every two weeks, should be off by the end of January. The finish line is in sight. :)

You're doing so well, Grape! I'm proud of you. Keep on keeping on. Amazing that your exercise tolerance has returned. Just spectacular news!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ezo8 and grapejuice, seems we are all pretty much in the same place of around 1mg, I am at 1.17mg and will hope to be jumping early to mid January at .195mg of k or .039mg of v.

We all seem to be doing well with very mild side effects, mine are tinnitus, some broken sleep, a few muscle aches and some occasional mild anxiety in the mornings.

Lets hope that we all have a smooth landing when we jump, :thumbsup:

Grapejuice, that is so great to hear. It's amazing how fast we get there! Can't wait to congratulate you. You have already accomplished so much!

ezo8 and grapejuice, seems we are all pretty much in the same place of around 1mg, I am at 1.17mg and will hope to be jumping early to mid January at .195mg of k or .039mg of v.

We all seem to be doing well with very mild side effects, mine are tinnitus, some broken sleep, a few muscle aches and some occasional mild anxiety in the mornings.

I hope I didn't speak to fast about an easy time. Yesterday day was pretty good, did some shopping and went out for early dinner but later in the evening I started to get loud tinnitus, tingling and a bit of numbness in my hands and feet along with some twitches.

Went to bed about 11pm and got zero sleep all night. This morning the tinnitus is screaming at me and I still have a bit of numbness left, I am very tired so today will probably be a crappy day but I have a few things I need to do.

Tonight I will take some z quill and see if I can sleep.

I hope I didn't speak to fast about an easy time. Yesterday day was pretty good, did some shopping and went out for early dinner but later in the evening I started to get loud tinnitus, tingling and a bit of numbness in my hands and feet along with some twitches.

Went to bed about 11pm and got zero sleep all night. This morning the tinnitus is screaming at me and I still have a bit of numbness left, I am very tired so today will probably be a crappy day but I have a few things I need to do.

I was just about to respond. When did I ever say I was doing well with mild side effects?  :laugh:  I mean this in a nice way, so please understand that.  It's easy for tone to get lost in text only format. This taper of mine has been brutal and it continues to be quite the challenge. I keep hoping and praying that I hit a point at which the sx will loosen their grip.  I'm sorry to hear that you've hit a bump in the road. Hopefully, you'll bounce right back up!

All the best,

Ed

SandP,

You keep making more and more proud!  Congratulations on pushing the envelope a bit and getting away with it. As another poster mentioned, don't expect a decline because that is one way to get one.  Just as you avoided verbalizing health concerns, avoid worrying about getting hit.  You're going to be fine!

:smitten:

Ed

Thank you, Ed! No actual worries here, just natural understanding that things could be rough for a minute and also the understanding that I will get through it! I thought this time would be legitimately terrifying and it definitely is not. I'm very fortunate so far and I'm very grateful for that! :)

I'm finally in the club. Hit 3 mg. Valium today. I'm microtapering .025 every other day. I used to go faster but finally hit a wall and had to slow down. Major symptoms all the way since an equivalent of 24 mg V. (V. and Ativan) 22 months ago. I hate this. Depression is killing me. At this rate, I'll have another 8 or 9 months to go. Fortunately my husband is supporting me in every possible way, but I've lost my job, friends, faith in people, relatives - it all sucks. You guys mean a lot to me. I've got bad genes and am taking inositol, methylfolate, lithium and progesterone. My stomach is very bad - went from 125 pounds to 100 in three months when tolerance started. I'm on a nearly all-liquid diet now and up to 110 pounds.

That's the short version of the past two years. I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

MirandaJane

Please be careful with the mthfr. Lmethylfolate . Read my signature. No one really knows about treatment for this.  It can be dangerous to take the wrong dosage or supplement. It happened to me.

What is z quill? Is that like Nyquil?

I'm finally in the club. Hit 3 mg. Valium today. I'm microtapering .025 every other day. I used to go faster but finally hit a wall and had to slow down. Major symptoms all the way since an equivalent of 24 mg V. (V. and Ativan) 22 months ago. I hate this. Depression is killing me. At this rate, I'll have another 8 or 9 months to go. Fortunately my husband is supporting me in every possible way, but I've lost my job, friends, faith in people, relatives - it all sucks. You guys mean a lot to me. I've got bad genes and am taking inositol, methylfolate, lithium and progesterone. My stomach is very bad - went from 125 pounds to 100 in three months when tolerance started. I'm on a nearly all-liquid diet now and up to 110 pounds.

That's the short version of the past two years. I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

MirandaJane

Hi MJ, welcome to the club! I'm sorry depression is bad right now, I got hit pretty hard with it around 3mg too. It lifted once I got under 2.5mg. I hope some of your symptoms ease up as you get lower. Just keep going nice and slow and hold if sx get too intense, that's really the only way to get through this. You've come a looong way from 24mg.

MirandaJane

Hi Miranda!

Welcome to the club!  Just another milestone to hit on your way to off.  I'm with you on the bad gut. My main symptom is bad burning in the pit of my gut after a cut that my body doesn't like. I intend to get my gut checked out, but want to make sure it's not simply a sx first. I say this because I go long stretches without any burning at all. Just keep doing your best to get lower. You're in the same boat as many (including me) who have lost a lot during this taper. You're also in the same boat as some (like me) with a supportive spouse. Hang onto the positives and let go of the negatives until you are well enough to mend them. Nothing gets accomplished worrying about things out of your control at the moment.  This is temporary and I'm sure you've hit some walls before. Eventually, we find a way around or over or through each wall. You can do this!

Best,

Ed

Hi everyone, I have been a member here, but do not post here much, but I do like to drop in and I am very close to 1mg of Valium, I have just about 6-7 days left of tapering and I will hit that marker, it is has been a while in coming, only because I want this to be my last taper attempt, and it has been doable, very little sx in fact I call them blips, they may come and then go fast, I am so thankful, as my first two tapers took me to the pit of Hell twice, but I was going too fast and cutting too much.. Anyway just thought I would post here of my lowered dose. Thanks. :)

Wow! 1mg, look at you!  That is a great accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself for having the strength to go through multiple tapers.  How long before you hope to be done with the final 1mg? A few months?

Great work!

Ed

Wow! 1mg, look at you!  That is a great accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself for having the strength to go through multiple tapers.  How long before you hope to be done with the final 1mg? A few months?

Great work!

Ed

Thanks Ed, I just had to try one more time, but I thought gee, I can't do it the same way, and that is when I got the idea to go slow and cut small, and viola it has been a Godsend for me. I am going to hold for a while again after I reach 1mg, and it is going to be a while, no set time, but more than a month or two, it just has seemed to work for me, but you know I am just tired of tapers, and really believe my Brain needs more time now to catch up with all of my tapering, so that is how I plan to do it. :)

Great work!

Ed

Thanks Ed, I just had to try one more time, but I thought gee, I can't do it the same way, and that is when I got the idea to go slow and cut small, and viola it has been a Godsend for me. I am going to hold for a while again after I reach 1mg, and it is going to be a while, no set time, but more than a month or two, it just has seemed to work for me, but you know I am just tired of tapers, and really believe my Brain needs more time now to catch up with all of my tapering, so that is how I plan to do it. :)

If your system ain't broken, don't fix it!