Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Wow! 1mg, look at you!  That is a great accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself for having the strength to go through multiple tapers.  How long before you hope to be done with the final 1mg? A few months?

Great work!

Ed

Thanks Ed, I just had to try one more time, but I thought gee, I can't do it the same way, and that is when I got the idea to go slow and cut small, and viola it has been a Godsend for me. I am going to hold for a while again after I reach 1mg, and it is going to be a while, no set time, but more than a month or two, it just has seemed to work for me, but you know I am just tired of tapers, and really believe my Brain needs more time now to catch up with all of my tapering, so that is how I plan to do it. :)

If your system ain't broken, don't fix it!

Perfectly said. Best to you. :)

We're gonna do this !

Just keep up the positive thinking and we'll make the world turn !!!

Keep those partay feet warmed up !

xxx Sh xxx

We're gonna do this !

Just keep up the positive thinking and we'll make the world turn !!!

Keep those partay feet warmed up !

xxx Sh xxx

"Yes" :thumbsup: we will dance right off.... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks SO MUCH for your support. Especially the advice to hang on to the positives and let go of the negatives, but when the depression hits, I can't feel anything but despair. I saw my doctor yesterday and I've lost 2.5 pounds in four months - down to 107.5 now. So I have to force myself to eat more. Nausea and stomach pain. Ouch. I hope I get better as my dose gets lower, like some of you do, but I've certainly not seen that happening over the past two years. It's hard to believe I will ever be normal again - and even my normal was depressed, but I didn't have all these other sx. I feel bad about whining to my doctor, therapist and husband, so please let me whine to you guys. I need somebody to hear my pain, even though I've learned that people just want you to be perky all the time. I'll try to post whenever something good happens. So, here's my good: My son is alive and well and my husband loves me. And you guys are the best! And I'm revising the murder mystery novel manuscript I started pre-withdrawal. Unlikely to get published, but it distracts me for a little while on those days when I can focus enough to write - it's based on my hippie days in a hot springs in Colorado in the early 1970s. Good times; ancient history.

Love to you all,

MirandaJane

Its not so long ago that me and a few others were occupying this group and doing exactly what you guys are!! Keep at it. You will get there. I took 3 months to get off the last 1.4mg I was on. Looking back now I see it was too fast. So go at the speed your body needs.

My sig is a bit out. It was pretty much 3 weeks after every cut I did. I'm including the cut to 0 and the 3 weeks following that. So pretty much 12 weeks.

My sig is a bit out. It was pretty much 3 weeks after every cut I did. I'm including the cut to 0 and the 3 weeks following that. So pretty much 12 weeks.

I follow. Thank you.

Wanted to check in and say hi

I feel discouraged so haven't been posting bc either I post like a lunatic ;) or I shut down altogether

I have been holding at 1mg. It's been since October 23-24 or so when I hit acute

Sadly I am on another Med neurontin but I felt I had no choice

It felt like life or death and I am not exaggersting

Not sure what's going on w me

I hope it's all withdrawal

So now I am on 15mg remeron 200 mg neurontin 3 times daily

I am kindled. Do you guys think it's possible to make it off and through? I did a micro taper I thought things were ok... But .?

I feel fried inside. Literally. Does anyone feel this?

So is this a good plan; hold 1mg until end of December (2 mos hold)

Then should I taper .9 hold 3 wks .8 hold 3 wks etc or if I am so unstable does it even make sense to drag it out??

What if u will hit acute (clearly I will) anyway. My main main concern is severe Akathesia. If I have that issue and injury from a year ago Stuart Shipko told me to start my taper over. What if I can't handle the Akathesia ? It is a cruel form of torture and I worry about my physical and mental wellbeing. Plus all nerves being literally on fire.

Any thoughts would help

I have gotten more stable only thanks to neurontin. Not the 1mg.

Inner restlessness is better and terror too. Forcing myself out of the house. Getting a foot massage today. Nothing too fancy lol

Hope you are all ok

Hey Jackson,

I think it's a good plan to taper off of the V sooner than later. That's the whole point of the neurontin, right? I haven't been on it, but it's supposed to ease the V withdrawal from what I understand. No need to be on extra meds just for the sake of it.  I personally wouldn't drag things out so slowly, but you know your body.  You'll just have to see how you feel once you begin to taper again. 

It is DEFINITELY reasonable to think you'll make it through.  This is temporary. It really is.

--Ed

Thank you so much. Yes the doctor also said he didn't want to drag it out

I talked w Baylissa too. She doesn't give taper advice but whe and jennifer Leigh kind of say you have to get off .. So scared. What I felt 4 wks ago I did not expect and it was indescribable

The inner torment/ Akathesia I was literally begging for mercy.

I don't see so many posting about this issue but some success stories of indigo (wow)

And I also reached out to others who had Akathesia (ugh for 14 mos or more) and have healed

I wish I had never taken remeron and gotten on the actual dosage my body needed which was along the lines of 20mg valium or I wish I had just stuck out the cold turkey ( i was frying and it seemed impossible at the time)

I hope I have not done permanent damage to my receptors which were never good I gather

Thank you Edzo for your encouragement

I really need it :(

Was able to go on a walk today thanks to neurontin. Yes I imagine around 4-6 mos to get off is reasonable and no sense dragging it out. However diazPam did 10 mos off 1mg but she didn't have the physical sx I had. Also someone else here did the same and walked off w just fatigue and Akathesia kind of went away. Not sure if I will or not. Will see what doctor says I don't want to have to reinstate due to Akathesia you know? Bc the nightmare will never end :)

Thank you all and hope you are all ok

Jackson I can only speak to my own experience - when I hit the very low dose of Valium I was told it was not therapeutic anymore. I just kept going vs holding. I tapered at a rate of .5 mg a month so at 1 mg using a micro taper - it took me a little less than 2 months to get off since at the end when I could not see my pill (I used the scale all the way off) I just jumped.  I won't say that I feel 100% not even close and I still get s/x on this roller coaster ride but I feel much better than during my taper.  The awful burning is mostly gone, the agoraphobia is gone, the nausea is gone, my hair falling out in clumps is gone, the weight loss is gone (I have gained back all my weight) and some other s/x as well.  I saw my internist yesterday and she said to me wow you look great- younger, healthy and even your hair and skin look better. So yes you can do this and had I stopped or dragged my taper out I would still look and feel awful. 

That is amazing

Did you hit acute and had you kindled?

My problem is kindling

Also did you or do you take adjunctive medicstions?

Yes what I felt at 1mg was indescribable

Beyond words and I am not exaggerating

I have been tough and working through this. But at 1mg I was curled in a ball. So neurontin hopefully will help me taper off. I see my doctor today. He agrees not to drag it out. Others say throw the calendar away.  So many opinions

Ppl say neurontin won't allow me to heal and other ppl say it will ?

Ppl say remeron can cause Akathesia (?) other ppl say it helps treat it

Ultimately I would love to be Med free again as I have always been :)

[fb...]

J,

I would get off the Remeron, stick with the Neurontin if it seems to be helping, and plow through the taper by cutting .1mg per week until 0. I think it will get better soon, and you won't suffer that horrible akathisia again, and if you do I'll fly out to CA and hold you until you are still. You will heal - I did, and you will. My love and thoughts are with you,

CP

Akathisia, that's the word I was looking for in my post in the Valium thread! I'm on day 14 after jumping and still good here! I don't want to repeat everything I said over there, so to sum it up, I'm good except the akathisia and a tiny bit of head pain and stomach pain. No more heart palpitations! I do have anxiety but not when I'm up and busy, just when I try to sit and relax, or at red lights in the car. It's funny because I was always the laziest person in the world, but now my body and brain just aren't having it. They want to be doing something all the time, so I'm just rolling with it. I figure it's good for me!

I keep wondering if everything will hit me in weeks three and four. I feel that I read several accounts of that happening to others. Do you guys think it will? I hope not, but I'm also ready for it. I don't care what I have to go through anymore, I just want to get through it.

Sending good vibes to all of you! :smitten:

Hi, Solace, I just read your other post, and it sounds like you are doing fairly well, and I am wondering if some of the things about needing to keep moving is related to cortisol surges? who knows for sure, but by eating a peanut butter sandwich before bed and a glass of real Oj is supposed to help with that.

Other wise, it sounds like you are doing well, will you have the same things others do, heck who knows for sure, we are all so different, so I would say to you, enjoy every minute of your day and if you can try not to worry about how things may happen, chances are you will be fine, just keep do the things you can and I will be following your progress, it really helps to let us know that it does not have to be all doom and gloom. Good Job. Thank you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi, Solace, I just read your other post, and it sounds like you are doing fairly well, and I am wondering if some of the things about needing to keep moving is related to cortisol surges? who knows for sure, but by eating a peanut butter sandwich before bed and a glass of real Oj is supposed to help with that.

Other wise, it sounds like you are doing well, will you have the same things others do, heck who knows for sure, we are all so different, so I would say to you, enjoy every minute of your day and if you can try not to worry about how things may happen, chances are you will be fine, just keep do the things you can and I will be following your progress, it really helps to let us know that it does not have to be all doom and gloom. Good Job. Thank you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you for the advice! I don't think it's cortisol surges as it happens literally any time that I sit down (say, to watch TV... I have a standing desk for work so it's a non-issue when working) or get stuck at a red light when driving. Sitting at drive-thrus was another one back during my Ativan taper, but that's not exactly a healthy habit anyway so I've mostly nixed that. It got so bad during that taper that I'd actually cry. This time it's pretty mild and I can mostly overcome it by just breathing and not fighting it. Knowing that it's temporary definitely helps! Thank you for the kind message and the encouragement!

Whatever happens I have confidence you will get through it with the style and grace you have shown so far. :thumbsup:

Thank you!! :smitten:

If valium wasn't your original benzo, do you find it easier to taper than your original benzo?

For me, definitely. That Ativan taper was just too much for me. I think I made it worse with my own fears and anxieties, but regardless, I definitely recommend the valium crossover. Huge difference!

If valium wasn't your original benzo, do you find it easier to taper than your original benzo?

Definitely much easier than tapering the Xanax I was on originally.

Definitely ! I had a short working benzo to taper, and cauz it was so tough Xanax.. fight benzo with benzo... nice one doc !!! Found another doc who gave me a choice what to do so i crossed over to Valium ! The road isn't easy but way easier and much more bareable than the others ! If you go the right rate, you at least can lead your life without suffering all the time !