Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Just popping in to keep the thread moving.

Had a rough day but a very good evening so far, Used the multigym for 30 mins,Took our dog round the park and played fetch, Kind of felt almost normal so that's all good.

Just goes to show that a bad day doesn't mean a bad evening or vise versa :thumbsup:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Benzobeth!  Let us know what questions you have.  We would be more than happy to help.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi Moodle,

I hope all went well with your root canal. I have an appointment for a root canal first thing in the morning, and of course the anxiety is building.

My dentist prescribed valium, 10 mg, to be taken 1 hour before I arrive. I took it once before a  dental appointment  a few weeks ago and had no after effects. I am debating on whether or not to take one for tomorrow's appointment. I am afraid it will interfere with my taper, but at the same time my blood pressure soars when I am at the dentist.  The anxiety is unbearable while I am there, and I would hate to have the procedure stopped because of a panic attack.  I am not sure what to do here since I am doing well with my taper.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Hi Benzobeth! Anne, Smallfred, moodle, sharky and other BB's.

I was very hesitant to updose after I failed miserably at an uniformed taper. I asked and prayed about it and finally took the chance, and it's paying off. I don't think I will get to the point I was pretaper, but I am 'stabilzing' somewhat.  So here's to taking chances.

Now I'm armed with a proper taper schedule, and info and support, of this awesome group and I'm way more confident.

I hope your root canal went ok, Moodle.

That's a tough question about the valium before a dental procedure.  I guess it's personal. I know many people who don't fret at all about taking a one dose benzo for a procedure and others are serious about not taking any, or any more, especially during a taper. I wish I had more advice for you. But know that whatever you do decide, you will come thru it and can bounce back and continue your taper and be on your way to healing.

I had a good day today. One thing the benzos have taught me is to appreciate the little things I get to do when I have good days. getting outside, walking, being with family. I hope you all can have some of those good days this week, and if not, just hang in there, we are all healing and there will be many more to come.

talk soon,

hug

wecan16

Good Evening WeCan, Smallfred, Moodle, & Benzobeth!

Anne,

1 dose of Valium shouldn't mess up your taper.  Of course any unnecessary benzos should be avoided but...  If you will freak out at the dentist and won't be prone to take more Valium, I would vote for taking it. 

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi WeCan and Sharkey,

Thank you for the replies. WeCan, I am happy to hear you are feeling better.  I think you made the right decision. It is best to feel as stable as possible before starting a taper.  You now have a good plan, and I know you will successfully complete your taper.

Sharkey, I agree that the one dose valium should not hinder the taper. Freaking out at the dentist office could certainly be more harmful. I am feeling much better about tomorrow now.

Thank you so much for starting this wonderful thread.

I wish everyone a great day tomorrow!!  :)

Anne

WeCan, I'm right with ya. I've been reading your posts, and Sharkey and the gang must have the patience of Job because I asked them a TON of questions and still do. I've only been doing this liquid micro titration for a few weeks. Sharkey, SG, Builder got me on the right path, and I thank them like you wouldn't believe. I know you have to feel so much more confident now that you have a good rhythm going along with a good plan. You're gonna rock 'n roll to the beautiful end! I'm truly happy you're at a lower dose. You'll be done in no time and be feeling good. I try not to think about my dose at this point because it can really bum me out if I let it. I was on 8mg/day for so long, and then finally "got it down" to 5mg+/day. I dry cut 1/4mg at a time down to 3mg/day. Now THAT was a total ball-buster! I didn't even know what BB was, and I didn't know about liquid titration. It has to have been a God-thing that I was led to Sharkey first and then Builder and SG. I've been on this lovely Klonopin/clonazepam for over 21 1/2 years now. I can't wait to get down to the lower doses and start to see some light. I'm at 2.68mg/day now and dropping. We'll see. I really miss my marathon and ultra marathon days. I dream of the day when I can join the rest of the world and get back in the game. You and everyone else are true inspirations to me and SO many others. Keep on jammin'!!

Sharkey, Builder, SG...you know I'll be slamming more questions to you soon  ;)

Time to go catch a 'Seinfeld' episode...

Hello Everyone!

Ultra, you down to 2.68mg, that is awesome.  Seems like yesterday we was hashing out how to start titrating.  What are you reducing per day?  And smooth so far?

I reached a new milestone today,  down to 25% on my titration schedule so im 3/4 of the way there.  Feeling good today!  Hope everyone has a great one!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi Ultra,

I'm so glad you found SCG, Builder and Sharky and are now on this new tapering schedule. I know you will make it through!!! I watch a lot of tv during the rough times, just to distract me from the symptoms etc. Seinfield is a good one :) You can do this! and you will see the light more and more with more good windows.

And congrats, Sharky! On your new milestone. this is an awesome thing to celebrate. I'm glad you are having a good day.

Going through these tough times together makes it all so much easier.

hugs to you all,

Wecan16 :smitten:

silly question time  :laugh:

how can you tell if Vodka is 80% (I'm not a big drinker) It doesn't say on the bottle. if it's 40% alcohol, does that mean 80 proof?

how can you tell if Vodka is 80% (I'm not a big drinker) It doesn't say on the bottle. if it's 40% alcohol, does that mean 80 proof?

Yes you are correct.  The proof is always double the alcohol percentage.

Moodle & Anne,  How was the dentist appointments?  I hope you guys did ok!

WeCan, Thanks!  Im so glad you are doing better and feel confident about your taper that is very important.  Let me know what your doctor says about the taper plan.  Always curious about what they say about it.  My doctor was pretty impressed when i told him i was doing titration down to 0, which kinda shocked me.

All my other Daily Taperers,  I hope all is well.  Dont forget to drop us a line and let us know how you are doing.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Moodle & Anne,  How was the dentist appointments?  I hope you guys did ok!

WeCan, Thanks!  Im so glad you are doing better and feel confident about your taper that is very important.  Let me know what your doctor says about the taper plan.  Always curious about what they say about it.  My doctor was pretty impressed when i told him i was doing titration down to 0, which kinda shocked me.

All my other Daily Taperers,  I hope all is well.  Dont forget to drop us a line and let us know how you are doing.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hey Sharkey and everyone,

Quick update on the dentist ( I'm trying to spend less time on the computer and not posting a lot)

Thanks for asking.

I didn't need a root canal after all. They adjusted my crown. I had a root canal on that tooth a few weeks back and somehow the bite went off and my crown kept bumping in to the molar in my lower jaw, causing it to be inflamed and irritated. So it was actually quite painful.

But now my bite is adjusted again and I'm taking some ibuprofen , no Vicodin , for the inflammation and it seems to be a it better, it's just kind of bruised so will slowly ebb away hopefully.

Glad I didn't need it!

Glad your doctor is being supportive. Mine is too and I'm so happy for finding here when I did.

Just picked up my LAST bottle of liquid EVER!

I can't believe it.

Well, take care for now.

K, thanks, Sharky! for the confirmation on the alcohol.

Glad you didn't have to get the canal, Moodle, and you're doing well with ibuprofen only. ANd it is your LAST BOTTLE OF BENZOS EVER :thumbsup:

I will let you know what my doc thinks of the plan when I show her, Sharky. Sharky, will u still check in with us after you are done in 32 days? It seems builder and SCG do. You've just been so helpful, it would be so nice for us to celebrate with you, but also to ask for support on the titration plans.

hang in there BB's

hugs

Wcan16

Yes.

Yes.

thanks, builder  :)

Thanks for your support Wcan16. It does help alot. I am starting to feel stable and am thinking of taking out some K and adding in some V. This will not be a reduction yet in the equivalency just a first step in the crossover to Valium. I am also only dosing at night. I here some say that I should be spreading out my dose. Any thoughts anyone? I hate to dose if I don't need to but I have read this will help me down the line. I feel sure I will have to when I start the Micro Taper. 

Thanks for your support Wcan16. It does help alot. I am starting to feel stable and am thinking of taking out some K and adding in some V. This will not be a reduction yet in the equivalency just a first step in the crossover to Valium. I am also only dosing at night. I here some say that I should be spreading out my dose. Any thoughts anyone? I hate to dose if I don't need to but I have read this will help me down the line. I feel sure I will have to when I start the Micro Taper. 

Klonopin can be tapered directly.  I am tapering directly.  Crossing over to valium can be a good thing because it is long lasting but some people do not like the way it makes them feel.  You may want to read and/or do a post on the substitution taper thread to get a second opinion on crossing over.

Klonopin is medium acting and usually people do have better results dosing 2 times a day. This will keep you from having inter dose withdrawal.  Some people do only dose K once a day, but I would recommend twice.  I personally dose twice a day.  Once in the morning around 7am and once at about 6pm. 

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks Sharkey. You are a saint. I think I will do a little more homework before I decide. At least I THINK I am stable for now. I will check out the threads you mentioned . Thanks again.

Im never 100% stable and from personal experience I don't think you ever get 100% stable. I feel almost normal after a long hold but still feel as though I really need my dose when the time comes around the lower I go.

So waiting to be 100% may not happen, Try to look for a 80/20(80 good)%.

Anyway I ordered my syringes today and now im about to find some containers to keep my liquid in.

Hope everyone's day is as good as it can be.

Hi all

Thought I would join in this group as I too am micro tapering, which has been going fairly well up until today, been tapering for the last 14 days after a small hold, then today whacked with nausea and dry retching I think this is pretty normal, this is my first attempt at micro tapering I used to make half mg cuts but they were way too much for the body to handle. Think I will hold for a while till it settles down any thoughts are most welcome.

Gypsy :smitten:

Hi all

Thought I would join in this group as I too am micro tapering, which has been going fairly well up until today, been tapering for the last 14 days after a small hold, then today whacked with nausea and dry retching I think this is pretty normal, this is my first attempt at micro tapering I used to make half mg cuts but they were way too much for the body to handle. Think I will hold for a while till it settles down any thoughts are most welcome.

Gypsy :smitten:

Hey Gypsy and Welcome to our group!

We can definitely help you with your plan.  What is your current dose?  How fast are you tapering?  And are you doing dry cut or liquid titration?

If you are having a wave of symptoms it is definitely a good idea to hold until you feel more stable.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi Sharkey

Thanks for the welcome, been around BB since 2013 can't believe it is now half way through 2015.

I am currently at 3.78 mg v titrate in milk. I try and take out 0.01mg per day, couple weeks ago got stuck at 3.88 and held for 19 days before felt better some times it will hold dose for 2 days usually I just go on my symptoms, if I feel ok will cut. The lower I go the harder it gets, but I suppose that is to be expected.

When I first crossed from A to v I went from 3 mg A which equals about 30 mg v down to 5 mg v, didn't know about BB back then so it took 4 years to stabilise. I suppose I can't complain back then I would suffer nausea, dry retching, agoraphobia, DR/DP anxiety, fear you name it I had it. Didn't realise that all that was just withdrawals ignorance was certainly bliss. If I had of known improbably would have reinstated at the larger dose.

Although I must say I am grateful I didn't know.

Gypsy

Hi Gypsy, welcome to the group.

I'm so happy you are feeling better since all of that horribleness of years ago.

It will be nice to touch base with you and support one another through this process.

Looking fwd to it. have a nice night

Wcan16 :smitten: