Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I am going back to the exercise thread ... When I first started withdrawing I noticed a reduction in my capacity for exercise and after a couple of months into withdrawal I started experiencing fatigue as a significant symptom.  My reaction was to reduce the intensity of my exercise but continue with the frequency.  As my dosage has gotten lower I have noticed that my capacity for exercise is increasing and I don't notice feeling fatigued as much.  I mostly run and am able to gauge my capacity by looking at my times to cover different distances and especially interval workouts on the track.  My conclusion is that the body seems to become overwhelmed at different points in the withdrawal process, but that it's important to keep exercising anyway, listening to your body and doing what you can.  I plan to compete in a triathlon on Sunday and although I am sure my time will not be competitive I know that I will have a sense of accomplishment just participating.  A few months back I could not have imagined doing a competition because of the fatigue I was dealing with nearly every day.  So I want to encourage those of you who are struggling with fatigue to dial back the intensity but keep doing what you can.  I am sure you will feel better after exercise than before.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Ben  - and here I am happy I walked 2 miles- you go man and who cares about your time.  You would be scraping me off the floor. 

Builder - I didn't at all mean for anyone to up dose and I hope my post wasn't taken that way.  I thought I said to just stay on the same dose and not cut for awhile as your body may think it is a cut - not that it really is one.  Some of us notice a difference I did for one.  I don't think there are any statistics some will do fine, some of us will notice a change - so until you know how your body will react to the liquid IMHO it is better to hold then start your cuts right away. 

Glad to see you are doing well with the liquid taper. 

Builder just a quick note when you switch over to liquid you need to consider it a cut to give your body time to get used to the new way you are taking a portion of your med - so hold for around 2 weeks at your current dose with the liquid and then start your cuts.  The way to win this race is going slowly when you make changes.

While there is some anecdotal reports of that on message boards, I can find absolutely no medical or scientific evidence to support it.  If you actually can link me to some documented data or research, I would love to review it.  I certainly did not experience it.

But sharkey has already suggested "easing into" liquid as a precautionary.  And I certainly see no reason not to hold your total dose for 10 days or so just to see how you respond.  I did this.  (but as I said, I certainly didn't notice any effect)

But honestly, I would discorage anyone from updosing unless they experience a genuine significant discomfort from the change.  There is no reason to make this process anymore difficult than necessary.

Builder: I don't believe Kgirl suggested an updose at all. She just said it might feel like a cut.....But not to updose; rather to hold.

That's awesome, Ben. Good luck on your marathon. I cannot wait to get health again.

Ok guys, so I just dissolved 2  0.5 mg pills into the alcohol. you know how there is sediment? Do I have to worry about that? Like it just looks all sandy there in the alcohol. and so when I add the water in, do I shake it? do you  have to worry about the Ativan no being evenly disbursed and not getting the right doses with each liquid dose.

sorry for all the question. I'm just super anxious about all this.

Wecan16

Wecan16,

The questions you are asking are very common.  The sediment is not the benzo, it is just pill fillers so don't worry too much about it.  The benzo will be dissolved into the water now and you can just swirl it and the benzo should be evenly distributed.

Sharkey

Hep, WeCan, I had that too when I tried titrating my Valium. Lots of little bits and they are fillers.

Ben, that's AWESOME. Let is know how you did after the triathlon!

Ok Thanks Sharky, and Moodle,

Ok thanks about the sediment info. I was worried about that. phew.

I have another silly question.

You know how when you have a syringe, and you are pulling back the plunger part to suck the water/liquid into the barrel part--and you are looking at the line markers on the barrel to see how much you are taking in to measure it?

At the end of the plunger there is the little rubber black part. So you pull the plunger part until the very TIP (top) of the rubber black part lines up with the measurement that you want, right?

the top part of the black rubber not the bottom part to determine the measurement?

do u guys know what I mean? Im just scared im going to measure wrong.

You want the bottom of the rubber part.  The edge that is on the side with the liquid should be on the line you are measuring to

Ok. The side that is on the side of the liquid ( I was calling that the top, but it is the botton :sick:)  but yeah, OK. that part, the very tip of the black, is where I should be lining the measurements up with?

I feel like such a terd asking these. I wasn;t this out of it before I started tapering LOL

Thank you SO much, Sharky.

Some syringes have a curved tip.  You want the line that touches the the liquid and the side of the syringe to be lined up with your measurement.

[bd...]

"Staying focused on how bad you’re feeling won’t help you feel better, and the more you obsess about your symptoms, the worse you’ll perceive those symptoms to be – in fact, sometimes worrying about how you’ll feel after dose reductions causes more negative symptoms than the dose reduction itself!"

I don't remember seeing a statement about any drug withdrawal that I wholly agree with more than this one.

:thumbsup: x infinity!!

J :)

Some syringes have a curved tip.  You want the line that touches the the liquid and the side of the syringe to be lined up with your measurement.

Yes! Good distinction. My 10 ml has a curved one and my 1ml doesn't. maybe you'll write a book one day :-D :thumbsup:

"Staying focused on how bad you’re feeling won’t help you feel better, and the more you obsess about your symptoms, the worse you’ll perceive those symptoms to be – in fact, sometimes worrying about how you’ll feel after dose reductions causes more negative symptoms than the dose reduction itself!"

I don't remember seeing a statement about any drug withdrawal that I wholly agree with more than this one.

:thumbsup: x infinity!!

J :)

So so true!!  :thumbsup:

So, I have my first 100ml solution batch.

I dissolved .5mg x 2 (1mg total) into 3ml of vodka.

Then I added 97 ml of water.

So, in order to be getting my .375mg dose, I'll need to take 37.5 ml of solution? (just checking)

and again I'll swirl it before I take it, but it's ok if the sediment is just sorta hanging at the bottom and I'm getting different doses of it each time, because it's really only the filler? and not the Ativan itself?

so im imagining at the last dose, we'll be getting the most filler, is that what happens to you guys?

:smitten:

So, I have my first 100ml solution batch.

I dissolved .5mg x 2 (1mg total) into 3ml of vodka.

Then I added 97 ml of water.

So, in order to be getting my .375mg dose, I'll need to take 37.5 ml of solution? (just checking) Correct

and again I'll swirl it before I take it, but it's ok if the sediment is just sorta hanging at the bottom and I'm getting different doses of it each time, because it's really only the filler? and not the Ativan itself?

To be honest, I knew it was pill filler but I swirled it around before each pull just to be sure.  But yes don't worry too much about it.

so im imagining at the last dose, we'll be getting the most filler, is that what happens to you guys? Correct

:smitten:

See bold above

Ok. perfect. :D

I know for now we are just focusing on switching me over to liquid. but eventually, when I get into dose reduction/tapering, do the plans take into account reducing less each time as the total dose lessens. or do you keep a study reduction of . 0025mg/day the whole way through.

And did you get to see the zoo with your boy today, Sharky? was it a nice time?

Wecan16

Yes we went to the zoo and had a great time!!! Now we at my dad's camp on the water.  Gonna relax and do some fishing.  A much needed break for me.

So I think you should start your reduction rate at .0025mg or 0.25ml a day. That will happen after you get use the liquid and the transition is smooth.  When you start reducing, then you go up or down based on how you feel.  If you feel fine you can try to increase the rate a little.  If you start having some increased symptoms you can reduce the cut rate or hold a few days. You will go at the rate you are comfortable at.

Sounds good, Sharky. Thanks.

Ahh, a nice evening on the lake. Nature is a natural benzo. I hope you guys have fun.

and Yobiwan, how do you insert a pic on here. Sometimes I have funny or encouraging ones I'd like to share.

May the force be with you :smitten:

[bd...]

Hey Wecan16..

[/img]

and Yobiwan, how do you insert a pic on here. Sometimes I have funny or encouraging ones I'd like to share.

If you click here, it'll take you to the picture tutorial.  Worth reading it all as there are several methods, some easier than others.

If you struggle with it I'm more than happy to help go through it with you on a test thread, just not right now as I'm too tired to think straight. :)

May the force be with you :smitten:

May the for be with you, Wecan. :smitten::hug:

testing.. my first attempt at sharing a photo on here. I saw this and it made me laugh. I hope it can make you laugh, too. I think of it as a good cartoon about  benzo-brain :D

38b00fe0c853002374f25eaa680ee023.jpg

Sharky, Builder, Moodle and other Buddies,

Do you know those who have used oral suspensions (prescribed from their doctors) to micro taper?

I told my doc about the withdrawl and she is wanting to prescribe me oral/liquid suspensions now.

Do you know if these suspensions are watery or more syrupy and in any case, can they still be used by diluting them in water for the microtapers?

I believe Moodle is on a liquid suspension. I was wondering if any of you had any info about this.

Thanks so much. :thumbsup:

Wecan16