• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [al...]

• [Si...]

• [8d...]

• [mu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

In June I went with my family, sister-in-law and her husband to the Big Island of Hawaii to tour the volcanos. We rented a really nice house out in the woods. I did not sleep very good at all, but I still had a real fun time being out in new surroundings. You will probably do well too.

Well, my streak of decent sleep ended last night.

Went to bed, and once I hit the pillow, I felt a surge of energy. After about half hour, I knew I wasn't falling asleep, so the tight muscles and tingling in the extremities started.

Then it was getting up to pee multiple times. Finally fell asleep, and wake right up 4 hours later.

I don't get these early wake ups... In the past, when I had trouble falling asleep, it just meant I would sleep in.

So fed up with this.

Well, my streak of decent sleep ended last night.

Went to bed, and once I hit the pillow, I felt a surge of energy. After about half hour, I knew I wasn't falling asleep, so the tight muscles and tingling in the extremities started.

Then it was getting up to pee multiple times. Finally fell asleep, and wake right up 4 hours later.

I don't get these early wake ups... In the past, when I had trouble falling asleep, it just meant I would sleep in.

So fed up with this.

Yeah I hate that too. Happens to me. Having to pee when not sleeping sucks. I hate not being able to sleep in anymore too. I know if I do, then the next night will probably be ruined. I guess at least you did get 4 hours though. 4 is better than 0. I know different people have different things they use to help calm them down. I use lavender oil. I rub a little on my temples and wrists and then breath in the fragrance off my hands for about 10 minutes. It seems to help me some. Hope tonight is better for you.

Lately I have been going through the motions of going to bed when my wife does, but I know that  I will not fall asleep that early.

After about 30 to 60 minutes of resting, I turn on my phone and watch one of my favorite comedy shows on Netflix with headphones. When I feel that it is time to get serious in my sleep attempt I will take 5mg. of Melatonin and do 4-7-8 breathing six times. Last night I fell asleep within 30 minutes. I tried taking the Melatonin at the start of bedtime, but it never worked for me. Maybe taking it later in the night is making the difference (or maybe not).

I'm in my own bed because sleep alone is tough enough, so I'm trying not to complicate it more.

Don't know how I would possibly sleep with another person. Kind of saddens me, as I used to sleep with my wife, and it was nice.

Hoping tonight brings me (and all of you) a good night :)

Damien,

I developed a neat little setup that works well for me. I placed a futon on the floor next to our bed and surrounded it with pillows to create of very cozy nest. At bedtime my wife and I crawl into our bed so I can cuddle with her until she falls asleep. I then drop down into the futon to watch a show on my phone, listen to music or read a book with a light for awhile until I am more ready for sleep. This way I still feel connected with my wife. Sometimes once I have been sleeping for a while I will crawl back into bed so I can wake up with my wife in the morning. This setup has given my wife better sleep without my having to leave the room all night.

Yep this is what I do a lot too. I get in bed with my wife when she goes to bed even though I know I won't sleep when I get in. It makes her feel better / happy so I do it for her. I do sometime just stay in bed to see if I'll eventually sleep. If I get too fidgety I will come downstairs to our sofa and try and get rest there. Then I'll head back up to bed shortly before my wife has to get up to cuddle with her for a little while. It is much nicer to do all these when I sleep of course (like I use to do before this poison screwed that up).

Up again... Been 2 hours tossing and turning.

Body flushed with cortisol, arms and legs tingling in pain, ears pulsating like there's construction in my head.

Tired but wired.

I fucking hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up again... Been 2 hours tossing and turning.

Body flushed with cortisol, arms and legs tingling in pain, ears pulsating like there's construction in my head.

Tired but wired.

I fucking hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and me both! Hope you eventually got some sleep.

Finally went out about 5am... Woke up at 9:30.

Feeling pretty rough. Heart beating fast.

I'm starting to think that WD is gone, and this is just a sleep disorder from the benzo ordeal.

Yeah, I know how you feel. Just when I thought that I had my sleep all figured out, I did not start sleeping last night until around 3:30 am and woke up at 7 am with a headache.

Yep I'm finding I'll have a string of decent days and then a couple of really crappy ones. I wake up with a pounding headache too when I only get 2-3 hours. But I'll keep the 2-3 sleep vs 0 which is just unbelievably terrible me. Before this crap I rarely ever had a sleepless night.

Another night where it took a while to sleep, then up after 4 hours.

It's been 3 days of this.

I'm so anxious and frustrated :(

I turned a major corner on early wakeups between 15-18 months. Same cycle as you. In the past month and a half I had only one early wakeup, it was at 5:45am, but by then I'd had already gotten 6.5 hrs of sleep, and since it was close to 6am I just got up and started my day. So not really such a bad night at all, but still qualifies as "early wakeup" so I cant say Im 100%, but in terms of getting "enough" sleep every night, I certainly am at 100%. Few months ago I too was frustrated, but not anymore.

:)

Just hang on a bit longer.

thanks for the update laser. Glad you're doing better. I hope the rest of us can follow in your footsteps in the next three months. My few major symptoms are insomnia of course, depression, Headaches, mild akathisia, burning skin, and terrible pressure headaches.

Another night where it took a while to sleep, then up after 4 hours.

It's been 3 days of this.

I'm so anxious and frustrated :(

Damien,

You know of course that being anxious and frustrated feeds your insomnia. By now you have enough experience with it to know that it comes and goes. This is part of the healing process. If it has not killed you yet, you are most likely going to survive this ordeal. Bad nights may produce crappy days, but they are days that you always get through and then they are over.

We will all return to normal sleep in time. Enjoy the good nights when you have them and don't let the bad nights get you too down. I personally believe that there is no magic cure other than time. Our attitudes will decide the quality of that time that must pass.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a flu and I'm only getting 4.5-5 hours of sleep the last two nights. Feeling rough.

I feel like August hasn't been a good month of sleep for me :(

I was doing good last month then last two nights have been rough getting really broken sleep  :sick:

Decided last night to only take 5mg of ambien so I guess I am going to keep at this dose and just ride it out and try to get off of this all together.  Been 7 weeks off xanax so my head feels a lot better just daym lack of sleep makes me mad!

Good luck everyone!

Be careful. Ambien is pretty much a benzo. Some will argue that z-drugs are even worse.

Deal with the insomnia without drugs. It's the only way out.

Be careful. Ambien is pretty much a benzo. Some will argue that z-drugs are even worse.

Deal with the insomnia without drugs. It's the only way out.

yup exactly my Pdoc made me learn the hard way.  not really his fault I guess..... I was desperate to sleep and did not realize at the time what he was giving me, was just hoping they would help.  Lived a year and a half almost with crappy sleep while on xanax and ambien.  I am feeling much better after ditching the xanax and wanted to start cutting ambien so I started last night.

I know my body can sleep so I dont get as stressed or upset as I used to.  It use to cause me a lot of anxiety but now I just roll with the flow and yea i might not feel 100% rested but I do feel a lot better not WD from xanax and knowing I have some control over this now.

I think IME Xanax has had worse inter dose WD's than ambien.  But still agree both should not have been used so long term.

When I was trying to get off Zopiclone (Lunesta), the Pdoc told me to take 2mg of Clonazepam to help. What an absolute idiot!

Fortunately, I only took 0.25mg the first night, and then used Seroquel foe 3 months to help me get sleep. CT'd that an now I'm drug free.

Insomnia still kicking my ass 15 months out.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to bed last night and had trouble falling asleep. Finally went out. Woke up a couple of time from dreams. Then completely up after what I think is about 4 hours.

Woke up covered in sweat. Not sure why. House may have been a bit warm, but not enough to make me that hot.

I haven't had restful sleep in the last few days, and it's really making me feel low. I'm feeling depressed that sleep is still such an issue for me.

Doubting that this is withdrawal and feeling more like this is anxiety that I'm stuck with.

Hate the way this feels :(

Yeah it's similar to my pattern. I get a few good nights and then some crappy ones. Was falling asleep on the sofa last night so came to bed and was wide awake for a while. Actually woke up and didn't realize I had been asleep until I remembered some dreams. Then fell back asleep until about 7 this morning. Dozed in and out for a while. I still think it's recovery from this crap. Doesn't make any sense that I would mentally choose thus. Especially if I had already been asleep. I'm still aiming for that two year mark to be sure. Hope you have a better night tonight. I seem to now be averaging one really bad night a week. The rest are usually at the 6 mark and occassionaly sometimes in the 7-8 range.