Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anybody managed to work during all this?

[jo...]

Hi,

I had to quit my job because of this nightmare which isn't as bad as it sounds in one way because I hated the job. In another way though it poses an obvious problem. At some point I may run out of money during this and will have to find a job. This is quite a worrying thought as I'm sure a lot of you can imagine. What kind of job would suit someone going through benzo withdrawl? I'm thinking something with few people to deal with. What are your experiences if you have been in this position? Just trying to think ahead a little bit.

Many Thanks!

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 1

[Kr...]

Working from home, in customer care, since I started the tappering in January. Nine days totally off and still working. Hard but beeing at home helps a lot. 

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Working from home helps a lot. I am fully remote and it’s the only way I’ve been able to do it 

• Like 2

[PE...]

Short answer. No.

Now I am but did some "arengements" before I decided to come off so I don't have to right now.

Something online from home??

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1

[jo...]

Yeah I'll have to start lokking into online jobs. Mabey customer care like Kris111. Don't really know where to start. Mabey night work. Dont sleep much anyway so why not. Thanks.

• Like 1

[re...]

I had a really good LLC in Phoenix getting all kinds of work doing home repair and punch list things that the sub contractors miss and leave behind. Big stuff sometimes like 2- 4 month gigs of like 50-80 apartment unit complex new builds. Completely gave me a great life to do what I wanted, and had tons of flexibility and made my own schedule. Could ski and all kinds of stuff based on what I took on or not. I always have had the attitude "Work to live and not live to work" These are so different ways of looking at your life. 

All gone now. If I think about it too much I will just lose it. It is all worldly though and not as important to me like it was and health has had so much more meaning now.  I could be lying to myself, but I feel this may be an opportunity maybe for something better and it is a growth experience.  I try to give it to god, otherwise I will go in a VERY dark place. 

• Like 3

[44...]

I’m trying to work now and it’s very hard. All symptoms start flaring up like inner vibrations and vibrating legs, my head throbbing, severe headaches, high anxiety and flight or fight response. People are also irritating to me during my taper, it’s like everything that is said is magnified and it irritates me especially when it’s manipulation and control. When people manipulate and try to control me it makes me hate them. 
i keep trying tho for the exposure therapy it really works. 

Edited by Guest

[re...]

I HATE when those inner vibrations come on too. Out of nowhere. It is like the brain is going so fast. I cannot stand it at all. 

Temporary disability.  It's sucks but there is no way I can function at work.  It's hard enough to get through the day without responsibility.

[re...]

CBH:

It is REAL these medications and what they do to our nervous systems. How in the hell is one supposed to work when you are seeing spots, major head and muscle aches that twist and turn, can't feel your hands, arent sleeping, etc.

It is a shame. But I like the word TEMPORARY disability. It gives me hope. 

[Le...]

i have no idea how anyone worked through withdrawal. i couldnt even stay in the same room with a ticking clock for 3 months. 

i was taken off without tapering after a few years though. 

• Like 1

[No...]

I am working and everything is like @[Ja...] wrote, some days even worse.. No other choice, my wife can't deal with me and our kids alone so I will crawl to work if must.

[re...]

Lee1978:

TAKEN OFF WITHOUT TAPERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Doctor Mengele madness. Freaks they are. CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you are better now. 

• Like 1