Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need supportive words...

[8d...]

That sucks Siggy!

Seems like it happens to all of us... The bad stretches just seem to hit us, and we're always caught off guard even though it's happened a million times already.

I'm in a good stretch right now, but I know if/when a bad ones comes, I'll be totally deflated as usual.

Last night, I slept probably 6+ hours, but it was very broken. I always wake up after about 5 hours, and I have to turn over in bed. Not sure whey I'm always turning over at that hour, but it's like clockwork. Then if it's a good day, I can relax myself, and go back to bed. But it's light sleep, and constantly in and out. Better than bad day though.

Stay strong... The good days are coming :)

Enjoy your good stretch. I had about 13 or 14 days of sleeping every night. It never gets easier to go back to crappy sleep.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [al...]

• [Si...]

• [8d...]

• [mu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sleeping well for almost a week. 

Have had 3 really good sleeps, and the rest were just above average.

But one of the best weeks I've had in a very long time.

The bad days could be around the corner, so I just have to be prepared.

Went to bed waaaaaay to late last night. Was up playing video games, and the story was just awesome, so I had to keep going. Finally turned in at 5am!

Then early this morning, there was construction on my street, so I was in and out of very light sleep. Not a good sleep at all, but I'm not feeling so terrible about it!

Have to keep going here...

How's everyone?

Started nodding off at 10:30pm last night (since I didn't sleep the night before). Went to bed, but it still took a little while for me to fall asleep. Glad you had fun with the video game. When does your wife and child get back?

They're back first thing next week.

I've been sleeping without ear plugs too, and that has been a big achievement for me.

Just hoping one day, that I can just sleep normally without the up and downs every couple of weeks.

They're back first thing next week.

I've been sleeping without ear plugs too, and that has been a big achievement for me.

Just hoping one day, that I can just sleep normally without the up and downs every couple of weeks.

Yeah me too. I'd love to go back to my old pattern. I REALLY hate when I can't sleep at all. I never had that problem before this garbage. And all this suffering from 25 little pills. Madness.

• 3 weeks later...

Been pretty good since September 20...

Haven't always had the best sleep each night, but I always felt pretty good.

Last night felt off. Was tough to get to bed, and woke up to early.

But this has been my longest stretch of good!

It will Siggy... It always does!

I feel like I'm about to slip into one...

I can't get tired until 3-3:30am. I have to try to adjust my rhythm. Not easy when you have that wired up feeling.

yeah, I was sure I wasn't going to sleep last night. Laid in bed with my wife for an hour (of course she was out in 5 minutes). Went down to the couch so I wouldn't disturb her. Fell in and out of light sleep all night. So at least I did get some sleep, but still feel pretty bad. Have an MD appt. shortly.

Hope you don't get smacked down.

At least you got a little sleep. Better than none :)

And it will continue to get better.

Whatever you do, don't let your MD give you any of that bullshit poison that got us here in the first place!

At least you got a little sleep. Better than none :)

And it will continue to get better.

Whatever you do, don't let your MD give you any of that bullshit poison that got us here in the first place!

Definitely. I'm still wanting relief. I have such horrible symptoms still. Just wanting and hoping for it to be over soon. I don't know how much longer I can cope with this shit.

He tried to give me Ambian! Has to turn that down.

Of course he did. They don't know any other way to deal with problems.

Good that you turned it down. They are just as bad (some argue worse) that benzos.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been over a month now, and things have been pretty good!

Usually I would go about 2 weeks, and then slip into a wave, but since Sept. 20, I haven't felt that!

I still have to stay up late some nights to get tired enough to sleep. But the sleep has been pretty decent. Most night I get about 6-6.5 hours. Some nights even around 7 combined. Even have a couple 7+.

I'm still not fully restored and energetic, but I feel a lot better than a couple of months ago.

I wonder if I turned a corner???

I know not to celebrate too early, as WD can be a tricky thing.

Damien,

I'm glad to hear that you have been sleeping. It may not be over yet, but it sounds like you are well on your way to healing. Someday we will all be withdrawal insomnia alumni, rather than still in the thick of things.

Trying to remain positive and hopeful. I may have some tough days ahead, and when they come, and I just need to deal and get through.

Life is good :)

Still going!

Find myself going to bed later than I used to unfortunately. Lately I've been turning in at about 3-4am, where I used to turn in at 2am.

That gets me about 6-6.5 hours of sleep, and I'm up to take the baby from my wife and give her a break.

I'm going to try to wind myself back, but don't want to mess with a good thing since I am sleeping decently right now.

Ideally, I'd like to be in bed at 1am... Think that is going to take some time.

Still going!

Find myself going to bed later than I used to unfortunately. Lately I've been turning in at about 3-4am, where I used to turn in at 2am.

That gets me about 6-6.5 hours of sleep, and I'm up to take the baby from my wife and give her a break.

I'm going to try to wind myself back, but don't want to mess with a good thing since I am sleeping decently right now.

Glad you're still doing good. You can try moving the time back by about 15 minutes at a time. That way you can slowly get it to where you want. I'm still really up and down with the sleep stuff. Lately I've been averaging 3-5 hours a night. But at least I've been getting some sleep every night. I'll take that pattern over not getting any some nights. Some nights I fall right to sleep and other nights it take an hour or more. Which is really frustrating. Previously I didn't have much trouble falling back to sleep if I woke up, but it's becoming more of a problem. Wishing this stuff which just normalize already.

I just completed my first 7 night streak of half-way decent sleep since this insomnia withdrawal thing started. Hopefully it will continue for a bit longer. I still wake up often after a lot of dreaming, but I can go right back to sleep and wake up feeling rested. I also made some good progress in learning to meditate so I think that it could be helping to relax my mind.

Still going!

Damn thats late! Since I pop up every day before sunrise, Ive got to get to bed early if I want to stand a chance of getting at least 6 hrs, 10pm I hit the bed 7 nights a week, out like a light by 10:30pm, up 5-5:30 am. I feel like a prisoner in my own body, but I always get at least 5 hrs a night, most nights ~6-6.5hr, and the rare 7-7.5hrs.

This DST is really throwing me for a loop.

Good luck and keep on keeping on.  :)

laser 8)

DST sucks and is so stupid.  Why don't they get rid of it?  Farmer's don't need the extra light in the morning anymore, they've got lights, not like in the old days.  I guess that's why they started it in the first place?  IDK.  Why did they ever start it?  It makes me so sick when it gets dark so early.