Important Survey - Please Participate ×

almost 31 months off

[Gu...]

Just coming in to check up and tell people it gets better. Month 29-30.5 was the massive turning point for me. Within the last 2 weeks ive had maybe 1-3 days of dpdr and depression, and im having days where i mentally feel 90-100%. I still have minor shit that comes and goes throughout the day like backpain headpain and some fatigue somtimes, but for the first time in this withdrawl i have HOPE. So many symtoms dropped off so fast in this last month or so. 2 months ago I thought my life was over. I am 31 months off in 4-5 days. Il check back in and most likely write a full success story somewhere in the 31-36 month range. One thing that worries me if that when I put on my glasses or contact lenses I panic because I had super extreme DPDR for the last 2.5 years that the change in my vision sends me into a spiral and bring my dpdr back. Im sure as I get more comfortable I will ajust much better and that its just me panicking because it reminds me of the dpdr and I dont give myself a day or 2 to ajust. Hang in there guys I was a WORST case scenario and here i am astonished and how quickly things changed for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[PE...]
3 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Just coming in to check up and tell people it gets better. Month 29-30.5 was the massive turning point for me. Within the last 2 weeks ive had maybe 1-3 days of dpdr and depression, and im having days where i mentally feel 90-100%. I still have minor shit that comes and goes throughout the day like backpain headpain and some fatigue somtimes, but for the first time in this withdrawl i have HOPE. So many symtoms dropped off so fast in this last month or so. 2 months ago I thought my life was over. I am 31 months off in 4-5 days. Il check back in and most likely write a full success story somewhere in the 31-36 month range. One thing that worries me if that when I put on my glasses or contact lenses I panic because I had super extreme DPDR for the last 2.5 years that the change in my vision sends me into a spiral and bring my dpdr back. Im sure as I get more comfortable I will ajust much better and that its just me panicking because it reminds me of the dpdr and I dont give myself a day or 2 to ajust. Hang in there guys I was a WORST case scenario and here i am astonished and how quickly things changed for me.

Besides your "minor shit" it sounds like you doing good!

[Gu...]
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Besides your "minor shit" it sounds like you doing good!

Ya man I was a WORST case scenario. My panic extreme looping thoughts akathaisa etc etc all left around 2 years off. I still had little waves here and there of that stuff from month 24-29, but I had extreme dpdr apathy and depression that stuck around from month 24-30. It even got WORSE around month 28 and then BOOM around month 30 things started dropping off so fast I cant believe it. A month ago I was having the looping thoughts come back horrible dpdr etc etc, and now im sitting here astonished that im feeling almost like my oldself it makes no sense.

Edited by [Gu...]

[PE...]
5 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Ya man I was a WORST case scenario. My panic extreme looping thoughts akathaisa etc etc all left around 2 years off. I still had little waves here and there of that stuff from month 24-29, but I had extreme dpdr apathy and depression that stuck around from month 24-30. It even got WORSE around month 28 and then BOOM around month 30 things started dropping off so far I cant believe it. A month ago I was having the looping thoughts come back horrible dpdr etc etc, and now im sitting here astonished that im feeling almost like my oldself it makes no sense.

Oh wow! I was in a bad way the whole last year trying to taper, bad akathisia and vomiting every 4 hours. I ct 7 months ago and get steady better. Only minor anxiety in the morning and some insomnia. I sure hope I wont be hit by a wall of shit later on. 

You did some serious good work!!

Are you working out? I feel this help me alot. I do heavy lifting 7 days a week. I really don't feel like it some days but push myself. I feel like little baby Jesus when I'm done 😆😁

Also i so far had zero pain or depression. I don't know how it feels to be really depressed. Bet it sucks ass.

Edited by [PE...]
  • Love 1

[Gu...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Oh wow! I was in a bad way the whole last year trying to taper, bad akathisia and vomiting every 4 hours. I ct 7 months ago and get steady better. Only minor anxiety in the morning and some insomnia. I sure hope I wont be hit by a wall of shit later on. 

You did some serious good work!!

Ate you working out? I feel this help me alot. I do heavy lifting 7 days a week. I really don't feel like it some days but push myself. I feel like little baby Jesus when I'm done 😆😁

No i walk around and do things like that. My case was severe I wasnt even able to walk around the neighborhood like 2 months ago when my DPDR came back severe, but im not in a rush once I fully heal within these next couple of months il be in the gym back at it again.

• Like 1

[Ma...]

WTG! Congratulations 🎉!! May I ask, did you have difficulty communicating, like no word recall, or your brain would just get tired and shut off after 10 minutes?

Super happy for you!!

[Gu...]
Just now, [[M...] said:

WTG! Congratulations 🎉!! May I ask, did you have difficulty communicating, like no word recall, or your brain would just get tired and shut off after 10 minutes?

Super happy for you!!

Yes I was literally a vegetable for 2.5 years didnt say a word to anybody just suffered 

• Wow 1

[PE...]
3 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

No i walk around and do things like that. My case was severe I wasnt even able to walk around the neighborhood like 2 months ago when my DPDR came back severe, but im not in a rush once I fully heal within these next couple of months il be in the gym back at it again.

I get it. I was household the whole last year. And i think I showered 3 times. I was to sick to even ve online. So I fully understand..it's amazing how fucked up the brain can be from those little pills. True evil..

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1

[Ma...]

Amazing. YOU DID IT!! I hope you live your life to the fullest now! Dance, my friend-DANCE!! 🕺

• Love 1

[re...]

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

You would have been posting this SO much sooner had they never given you that damn Seroquel. Devil's medicine. It so pisses me off. Well glad you made it through. You are an inspiration for many here. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ca...]

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the great news with us. Even if you don't write a success story for a while, I think it's highly beneficial for our community and for you, too,(y) to document such incredible improvement. 

[dj...]
1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

This is fantastic news.  I’m so happy for you.  I think I’m exactly one year behind you…will be 19 months in 4-5 days.  

Reading these stories it’s amazing how quickly things can turn for the better…and I’ve read quite a few stories of people who are so far out, suffering 24/7 and getting worse before things start to click into place.  Once that happens, it seems recovery can happen fairly quickly. 

• Like 1

[dj...]
2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

It’s interesting you say that about glasses bringing back your DP/DR.  I don’t wear glasses/contacts for that very reason.  I’m not sure if the brain is having a hard time adjusting or what.  There is no doubt I’m dreading the DP/DR coming on when I put on glasses but it’s something more than that.  I may do lasik at some point.  My vision is still fine for nearly everything.  I just have trouble making stuff out at long distances.  

Edited by [dj...]

[Le...]

so weird for me reading this now. i was too messed up to even read for about 2 years in WD so didnt see enough of this. would have helped if i knew others had the same stuff and survived. 

god i was 80ish lb lighter before i managed eating properly again. i had some extra weight but it wasnt just cushion i lost. i was a scarecrow after. 

6’ 1” ish 230 flat belly to 150. i couldnt even recognise myself. 

Edited by [Le...]

[An...]
7 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Good to hear @[Gu...] and thank you for sharing. I hope things continue to improve for you and that you stay in remission.🙏👍