Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

When I was diagnosed with my autoimmune Lupus in 2013 doc said to take a baby aspirin.  I have a procoagulant antibody in my blood and it's attacking my blood vessels and ruining them.  The veins I can see all over my body are bulging and fat so I would assume it's the same for the arteries and veins in my brain causing the swelling and head pressure, i.e. encephalitis.  Nothing can fix damaged blood vessels.  It's like balloons, once you blow them up and deflate them they never go back to their original shape.  Also diagnosed with Thrombophilia-at risk of stroke or MI.  It's possible I'll end up with a ruptured aneurysm.  I attribute this problem to the hell of getting off these benzo's.

Ha Zzezzaz,

Yesterday it was the birthday of my mother, since she died in july last year we commemorated her yesterday. My father and I made a little movie, which I put on youtube, and send to family and some friends. We had a nice meal and ate cake. I am still holding my taper. I think I’ll wait till the beginning of April. This afternoon I will play some saxophone.... huggs Jerry

Wow Becks, I understand that image with the balloons. I'm sorry you have this to live with. I wonder if modern medicine has, or will, make any new discoveries that could help you.

Jerry, sounds like a really nice way to celebrate your mom.

So I'm just feeling so happy I've made it past the halfway mark to my next taper. Cutting down that 5mg pill is SO GREAT. So exciting. Definitely having some stress/anxiety due to family issues ... but pills aren't how I want to deal anymore.

hugs all,

KB

Today I have such an off day, I think it is because I took a bit extra zopiclone yesterday morning. I know this effect. It is weaning off. I know it is not good to do this, but sometimes it just happens. I take a bit extra to regret it the next day or actually the day after this day.  :idiot: Jerry

Hello Team Z! I pray all of you are well. It's Saturday here in the USA. Cloudy day but no rain yet. I know it's coming soon. I've been painting again. So happy to do this after so long. I love doing art. Having medium to small waves past couple of days. I hope it stays like this versus having the big ones. I've been walking around, sitting up, doing small chores and light cooking. Resting in between. Those little things mean so much to me now.

Becks I've heard of that vein issue. It's awful and scary. I hope you feel better soon. What did the doctor say about the function of your veins? Will it improve?

Jerry I know you miss your mom. I miss mine too. That's very touching that you had cake in her honor. I know I can't tell you what to do but I know you already know as you stated that going back and forth during your taper is a bad idea. Ambien or Z drugs have a very short half life. So the best thing to do IMO is to just keep going down when it's time no matter how you're feeling or how much sleep you didn't get. Either way you're not going to avoid whatever you're going to feel anyway.

Kachina I'm glad you're happy and the pain is better. I think your times of feeling bad is because of coming off the Ambien. Just know that it's part of the process and nothing to fear. You're doing a great job tapering. Below 5 yeahhhh!!!!  :thumbsup: you got this girl! Keep going.

Deanna and Shay I'm sending you both love. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there cuz the way you feel now is temporary. Windows are coming your way.

To everyone else I missed...you're a warrior for taking on this challenge. Keep your head up and remember how strong you are. Hugs!

[80...]

Oh my goodness, Lady and Pam, we need you here ... telling us you sleep well. That's great to read.

Shay, any chance you could try progesterone? Natural health oriented doctors recommend it's use for sleep and it's sold in cream over the counter. I use it in Rx form. I'm so sorry you're suffering.

Deanna, oh!! Silly me, made an assumption ... apologies! That's cool he wrote 2 books like that.

In a lot of pain, got stress and worry going on ... or is it the taper ... or what I ate ... or ... it is my brain. Pain is an emotion they say, created by the brain. So on to something soothing for the evening.

love to all

Kachina  ;):)

Progesterone is a great idea if you can get it. It turns into a hormone called allopregnanolone that is a neurosteroid that acts as a sedative.

Before I went on Zopiclone, I was going to try that first (even though I'm a dude, I didn't care). But in Canada you can't get it over the counter anymore, it has to be prescribed. I have no case with a doctor asking for it (Why the heck would a man want progesterone cream?).

But you ladies can ask your doctors, or like in the US, just go buy some at the drugstore. You have nothing to lose and it may help you. 

Oh my goodness, Lady and Pam, we need you here ... telling us you sleep well. That's great to read.

Shay, any chance you could try progesterone? Natural health oriented doctors recommend it's use for sleep and it's sold in cream over the counter. I use it in Rx form. I'm so sorry you're suffering.

Deanna, oh!! Silly me, made an assumption ... apologies! That's cool he wrote 2 books like that.

In a lot of pain, got stress and worry going on ... or is it the taper ... or what I ate ... or ... it is my brain. Pain is an emotion they say, created by the brain. So on to something soothing for the evening.

love to all

Progesterone is a great idea if you can get it. It turns into a hormone called allopregnanolone that is a neurosteroid that acts as a sedative.

Before I went on Zopiclone, I was going to try that first (even though I'm a dude, I didn't care). But in Canada you can't get it over the counter anymore, it has to be prescribed. I have no case with a doctor asking for it (Why the heck would a man want progesterone cream?).

But you ladies can ask your doctors, or like in the US, just go buy some at the drugstore. You have nothing to lose and it may help you.

Yeah I’ve read some bad stories about coming off tho. Honestly after zopiclone wd and now Valium wd I can’t go thru anymore wds!

And if there’s anyone considering changing from z drug to Valium to wd, I would seriously reconsider it. From what I’ve experienced it’s absolutely awful

Nothing docs can do to help me.  Just prescribed taking a baby aspirin to try to thin my blood, which I do at night.  I'm screwed. 

Becks, don't give up.  The doctors are not always right about everything as we can all attest.  There is so much that Western medicine doesn't know.  And just because docs don't know what to do doesn't mean there isn't a way forward.  This is where neuroplasticity and mind-body effects come in.  Just as with the placebo effect we can feel better on a sugar pill, we can heal.

I don't know if you have access to Netflix but there is a great documentary on there called "Heal"...it opens our mind to what we can accomplish if we think and do the right things.  I know you have real pathological effects that the docs can see on their scans, but that doesn't mean we can't get better or at least take measures to slow down any disease process that might exist.  Our bodies are amazing machines.  When we bathe our bodies in the right neurochemicals things can get better, even just a little bit, which might help you cope and reach a better Quality of Life.  But you have to want it. 

I do not believe benzo damage is irreversible.  Just my belief, no references to support it.  I choose to believe this because I must in order to get back to where I want to be.

[80...]

love to all

Yeah I’ve read some bad stories about coming off tho. Honestly after zopiclone wd and now Valium wd I can’t go thru anymore wds!

And if there’s anyone considering changing from z drug to Valium to wd, I would seriously reconsider it. From what I’ve experienced it’s absolutely awful

Shayna, everything is filled with horror stories, and I think they really really damage people that could be helped by something.

I'm more wary now of medications, but I am definitely not anti-med, just "be smarter with them".

If you go to the Remeron Support Group, you will find horror stories of people that were on it.

I, on the other hand, have been able to use it, and get off it like 4 times in a row now. The only side effects being some mild headaches for the next 2 days.

Progesterone is a hormone your body naturally makes. Even guys have some inside us. Supplementing more of it for a few days is unlikely to cause side effects.

love to all

Shayna, everything is filled with horror stories, and I think they really really damage people that could be helped by something.

I'm more wary now of medications, but I am definitely not anti-med, just "be smarter with them".

If you go to the Remeron Support Group, you will find horror stories of people that were on it.

I, on the other hand, have been able to use it, and get off it like 4 times in a row now. The only side effects being some mild headaches for the next 2 days.

Progesterone is a hormone your body naturally makes. Even guys have some inside us. Supplementing more of it for a few days is unlikely to cause side effects.

Respectfully I think it’s heading into dangerous territory for a middle aged woman to mess around with hormones. I have read other posts about it helping others but I’m not sure most drs wouldnt supplement if ur bloods don’t show a deficiency. I had a birth control device in that threw me into total estrogen dominance and that was around the start of my sleep troubles. Thankfully I had it removed and now my hormones are normal. I’d hate to mess anything up further. I’ll talk to my dr about it tho

I agree with you Shayna, playing with hormones in wd is a risky proposition.  In my 6th month I was doing pretty well, and suffering some lady dryness issues and thought why not try my estrogen cream again.  I carefully used it sparingly and first week I did fine, so went for it.  After 2 weeks my anxiety and symptoms spiked and it took me another whole week to link it to the estrogen.  I think I am just so very sensitive right now. Even transdermal Mg spikes my symptoms sometimes, so I'm staying away from everything.

I am thinking of you Shay sending all my good vibes for you to settle into a better phase in your journey.  You deserve it.

[80...]

love to all

Respectfully I think it’s heading into dangerous territory for a middle aged woman to mess around with hormones. I have read other posts about it helping others but I’m not sure most drs wouldnt supplement if ur bloods don’t show a deficiency. I had a birth control device in that threw me into total estrogen dominance and that was around the start of my sleep troubles. Thankfully I had it removed and now my hormones are normal. I’d hate to mess anything up further. I’ll talk to my dr about it tho

Of course. You know your body best. Just like me, I know my body. This is why I knew my lack of sleep was drug induced and not a mental problem like the docs think.  Birth Control is such a terrible thing. It wreaks havoc on women's hormonal system. Tubal ligation and the snippety for men are 10x better procedures. I have the snippety for over 12 years now and zero side effects.

Thanks dee x I sure need some prayers it is very very hard but I’m a soldier so I’ll be ok xx soldier on. I have to say going thru 2 wds is incredibly difficult. I’m hoping by the end of the year god might find it in his heart to release me! Let me go back to life. I don’t know what I was thinking going on Valium. They said it would help me. Wow. It sure hasn’t.

Yep andros the worst thing women can do is use birth control. I told my hubby I was going to stab him when I was taking the pill, yep... crazy talk. So I switched to implant and boom! That was an entire different animal.

Anyway x I hope u guys are doing ok today x team z badasses that u are x

Deanna, I was trained and worked in the medical field and I know the MD's are right with my diagnoses.  They go to school for 12 years and know alot.  I've been off benzo's since 2012 and still suffering.  I know I have permanent nerve and brain damage from drugs.

I understand not wanting to take anything else.

Yes, may god find it in his heart to release you soon Shayna.

Having the worst day so far. Not sleeping is so messed up.

Well, I posted how happy I was that I tapered ... so then at 10 days I dropped down another .50mg and that was last Wed.

Then last night I decided to drop a little more ... let's get OFF this med I thought. There's a convoluted reason I won't go in to. Plus the following could have energized me: I walked late in the evening, had some chocolate after dinner, got wound up in reading on the internet later than usual and also there was the time change.

So I didn't sleep until almost 7am after I ate breakfast, then slept about 2 hours. My day has been very hard .... crying, anxious, angry ... physical pain and fear and lonely. No peace of mind. Zapping squiggly shooting feelings in my legs.

Anyway, won't try that again. Seeking my balance back and peace of mind. Plus no sleep makes me so hungry.

Kachina do u think right now is a good time for you to be a mod? Maybe reading thru the sad and scary posts isn’t good for ur positivity right now. I know u want to help others and that’s a beautiful trait. But sometimes in order to help others u need to put urself first? Or maybe u should limit ur work here to early in the day so it’s not playing on ur mind later on when ur trying to unwind.

Please take care of urself, ur down to the pointy end now. U need everything uve got to get thru this part of the journey x

Stay strong. And don’t let someone else’s story be ur story. And go slow. U have been taking ambien for a long time. U need to to wd from it x

Thanks Shay, yes, certainly not if I'm in this kind of state ... I see your point, thank you.

Definitely have to bring peace in to the picture at night. I guess I got a little too sure of myself as I was sleeping pretty good.

Too much up and down ... what lays ahead!?!!

love the experience strength and hope and this board.

I'm in week two of tapering off ambien. After 20 years using ambien, I finally start reading about it and how it effects the central nervous system.  That combined with learning I've been also going through daily with drawals from ambien. It may be in my head, but I feel less axious.

Really hate this drug, misused it. I'm in recovery, but this drug was prescribed by my doctor which I used and missused to be honest.

I go to NA meetings; This forum has been the biggest help because you all have taken z drugs and know the nuances with releasing.

keep the hope going and thanks for sharing

Thanks Shay, yes, certainly not if I'm in this kind of state ... I see your point, thank you.

Definitely have to bring peace in to the picture at night. I guess I got a little too sure of myself as I was sleeping pretty good.

Too much up and down ... what lays ahead!?!!

You cant control what lies ahead. the only thing you can do is try to be present. I need to work on this too. xx

Hey TWbd1ila, super cool. So where, and what, are you learning about Ambien? How are you sleeping?

I felt happy at the start of my taper, that I was FINALlY starting and that I found this site ... and that made me less anxious.

Yes, Shay, true dat. Taking ambien sure gave me a sense of control.

I just bought a book about breathing for healing anxiety, it arrived yesterday.

Kachina

love the experience strength and hope and this board.

I'm in week two of tapering off ambien. After 20 years using ambien, I finally start reading about it and how it effects the central nervous system.  That combined with learning I've been also going through daily with drawals from ambien. It may be in my head, but I feel less axious.

Really hate this drug, misused it. I'm in recovery, but this drug was prescribed by my doctor which I used and missused to be honest.

I go to NA meetings; This forum has been the biggest help because you all have taken z drugs and know the nuances with releasing.

keep the hope going and thanks for sharing

Lets not forget that most of us ended up on these meds due to a difficult life experience. dont beat yourself up xx

here is a great meme i found that you might draw some strength from too

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/528328600043581375/

Ha Zzers, Today is better than yesterday, I had a more calmer evening which resulted in a better sleep. Two weeks to go on hold. Then I will try to taper again. Huggs Jerry!  :thumbsup:

Hi Jerry

Thanks Shay: Lets not forget that most of us ended up on these meds due to a difficult life experience. dont beat yourself up xx

2 nights of sleep and feeling back to myself, grateful!