Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Wow Ladyden, 8 months free! Wonderful! I feel that I slowly improve during my taper. Even though I am not feeling good, it is much better than at the start of my taper. Today i played on my clarinet, yes I have one, and discovered my playing has improved while not playing on it. That is because, the technique of playing is the same as on a saxophone, and I played a lot of sax lately. This is good for the muscles in the mouth.

After that my father and I made a walk together at a small lake and a nature graveyard. It was three degrees, quite cold. It was nice... after that we had a meal at his house and we watched The Voice of Holland... all, have a nice sunday!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Sounds like things are going well jezz glad u had a nice day with ur dad x shaz

Oh LadyDen, I am so sorry for your loss  :'(  This and other family drama must be very stressful.  Try to remember your coping skills and remain as calm as possible.  Life is very hard sometimes.

Kachina, you sound like you are doing very well, keeping busy with purpose and strength!  Good luck on your test and I'm sure all these distractions are helping you!  How have your symptoms been through these busy weeks?

Jerry, you sound good too! You have a nice stable routine! That surely is helping you.

Becks and others - I am married to a very hairy man (Italian!) and I always thought that was normal! When Patrick Duffy shaved his whole body for Dallas all those years ago I thought it was weird lol. 

Shay - How is the taper plan going? We are all cheering you on!!!!

I have had a pretty bad wave this week  :sick:  Several nights with middle of the night awakenings which turn into pain flares which got pretty bad, almost as bad as acute.  It really scared me...I tried to remember my breathing but I realized that when these waves hit I have some mental involvement that I never realized before.  I def get OCD about the pain and my mind races with thoughts of what is happening and how long I have been going through this.  I tried to step out of my own thoughts and watch myself.  I think the mental component is part of the withdrawal, which I never appreciated before.  I have been taking it very easy today and hoping for a better night tonight.  I start my 7th month off on Monday and I'm worried that I will hit a bad stretch like I read about for some other buddies.  I am trying to bravely keep marching forward.

Dee I’m so sorry about the pain xx have u ever tried acupuncture and golden paste? It’s a bit out there but here is the recipe I used it when I herniated a disk in my back a few years ago and it really helps with inflammation x might be good for u to try too kachina?

https://dishingupbalance.com/turmeric-paste/?epik=dj0yJnU9WXkzTkpUSjJGak83NHo4R3NOYnJtSHQxUlJ1Mi11SkQmcD0wJm49UWsyVnNJZkZNM3JHamYxWXNIdmdVdyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FWeklj

I have swapped over to pharmacy liquid Valium. I’m on day 2. So far so good. Gosh when I see the tiny amount in the syringe I just think, surely that’s not doing anything. But we know how powerful these drugs are. I’m holding for ten days then I will make the first cut.  0.25ml. X

I didn’t take any unisom last night, my sleep was very broken but I slept. It felt like every rem cycle I woke up. Then was awake for a while then fell asleep again. I kept my blinds and window open last night so I could listen to the rain and look out at the full moon. It was so nice x

Wow Shay it sounds like you are doing much better!  Good for you!! 

Thanks for the link, I made golden milk once and I do like all the anti-inflamm concept of this.  I have all the ingredients.  I already eat an anti-inflamm diet and drink ginger tea everyday.  I think the pain is somehow related to a shift in neurotransmitters bc it come on out of the blue and can shift easily.  I think I need to boost serotonin, but it's dead of winter here and no access to sun.  I use a light box though.

Good luck on your next cut.

Yes waiting for a snowstorm - they call it a nor'easter.  Here we are expecting 5 inches of snow and some possible coating of ice.  The cold is not helping my tight muscles  :tickedoff:

[c8...]

Oh LadyDen, I am so sorry for your loss  :'(  This and other family drama must be very stressful.  Try to remember your coping skills and remain as calm as possible.  Life is very hard sometimes.

Kachina, you sound like you are doing very well, keeping busy with purpose and strength!  Good luck on your test and I'm sure all these distractions are helping you!  How have your symptoms been through these busy weeks?

Jerry, you sound good too! You have a nice stable routine! That surely is helping you.

Becks and others - I am married to a very hairy man (Italian!) and I always thought that was normal! When Patrick Duffy shaved his whole body for Dallas all those years ago I thought it was weird lol. 

Shay - How is the taper plan going? We are all cheering you on!!!!

I have had a pretty bad wave this week  :sick:  Several nights with middle of the night awakenings which turn into pain flares which got pretty bad, almost as bad as acute.  It really scared me...I tried to remember my breathing but I realized that when these waves hit I have some mental involvement that I never realized before.  I def get OCD about the pain and my mind races with thoughts of what is happening and how long I have been going through this.  I tried to step out of my own thoughts and watch myself.  I think the mental component is part of the withdrawal, which I never appreciated before.  I have been taking it very easy today and hoping for a better night tonight.  I start my 7th month off on Monday and I'm worried that I will hit a bad stretch like I read about for some other buddies.  I am trying to bravely keep marching forward.

Dee I’m so sorry about the pain xx have u ever tried acupuncture and golden paste? It’s a bit out there but here is the recipe I used it when I herniated a disk in my back a few years ago and it really helps with inflammation x might be good for u to try too kachina?

https://dishingupbalance.com/turmeric-paste/?epik=dj0yJnU9WXkzTkpUSjJGak83NHo4R3NOYnJtSHQxUlJ1Mi11SkQmcD0wJm49UWsyVnNJZkZNM3JHamYxWXNIdmdVdyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FWeklj

I have swapped over to pharmacy liquid Valium. I’m on day 2. So far so good. Gosh when I see the tiny amount in the syringe I just think, surely that’s not doing anything. But we know how powerful these drugs are. I’m holding for ten days then I will make the first cut.  0.25ml. X

I didn’t take any unisom last night, my sleep was very broken but I slept. It felt like every rem cycle I woke up. Then was awake for a while then fell asleep again. I kept my blinds and window open last night so I could listen to the rain and look out at the full moon. It was so nice x

Wow I'm so happy to see you are sleeping a little bit again. I hope it gets better for you.

Even 2hr sleep is better than zero sleep, but eventually it all catches up.

So funny thing for me, the supplements I was using stopped working well. They worked pretty decently for about 13 days, (I was swallowing like 12 pills at night), but on the 27th, I only got 2hr sleep, so I gave up on supps for now and went back to Mirt.

On Jan 14th, 3.75mg mirt did nothing, but in 13 days afterward, on the 27th, I tried 3.75mg and wow, it zonked me over, and got 7hr sleep. Yesterday the same.

I guess we'll find out tonight how it goes for me.

I need to make it to Monday, when I have the Ebb Cool Drift machine coming, I plan to slap it on that night and see if I can go to sleep without any drugs.

If that doesn't work, on Tuesday I got my delivery of Indica mj, and I will start dosing until I find the spot to get me to sleep.

My job requires a lot of technical skill, and I can't cut it if I'm not sleeping. I'm glad even if with meds and even supplements, that I am able to sleep some.

What that means is that to some degree I am probably healed, but not enough to initiate sleep on my own yet.

I'll report how the machine works for me (I'm expecting it will be a big help, possibly the only thing I need to sleep). If that's the case, I'm literally a stone's throw of being free (I can ride out 6 months of sleeping with it, and healing to not need it eventually).

If not, then I guess I will have to balance the mj, supps, and Mirt to help manage my sleep until I get better on my own.

[c8...]

I hope the machine and indica helps x I’m sure it will! Cbd does nothing so don’t bother with that

I did try CBD at my worst, and it only kept me more awake. I only tried up to 45mg though. Supposedly you have to use over 150mg to get the sleep effect. It was very expensive when I got it originally, but I have found cheaper places, so I *may* try it again at 150mg dosages. There may not be a point if I'm actually going to try THC though, other than maybe having something else to cycle.

Hello out there, it's February!!

I went down to 5mg on Monday. I'm glad, first night sleep was bad. Went back to my initial plan of going offline around 8pm and bringing my thoughts back to the small little area around me, known as home and family ... seems the expansiveness of the internet makes me excited and wide awake later at night.

Love reading your shares. Hang in there. Keep going!

:smitten::thumbsup:

Hi all,

I am not doing well at the moment. The night before last night I had problems falling asleep. So last night I took more

zopiclon, to get back in my rhythm. I will go down some more, and then plan for a hold. huggs Jerry

Hello Z-men and Z-women,  I've missed you!

Jerry sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping the other night.  That is definitely one of the most difficult problems in wd.  What do you do when you are faced with it?  What are your go-to coping strategies?

Kachina Congrats on your planned cut! OMG I have to shut down my computer time at 8pm as well.  I find I remain too stimulated to fall into my bedtime routine on time and then the whole night is disrupted.  So amazing that a small detail can derail us.  Good job! Keep it up!!

I myself have had a hard 10 days of neck and shoulder pain but it has eased up just a bit so it is no longer tortuous, just damn annoying.  Trying to regain my previous activity level.  It is cold outside and hard to keep the house warm so that makes my muscle tension worse.  Praying for Spring.  I think the muscle symptoms will be the one thing that really lingers for me going forward.  Morning chemical anxiety is back, but it is transient.  Deep breaths everyone, deep breaths.  :smitten:

What are your experiences with holds? I hope that it becomes easier to taper further at the end of the hold. My problem is falling asleep becomes the bottleneck.

There is also something nice and new in my life. My teacher came up with the internet program Jamulus. With this program it is possible to jam with musicians around the world. Very cool! And also social in times of corona. I also heard big bands and choirs rehearse. Very nice. :thumbsup: Jerry

I have been on Zolpidem ER for years and Ambien before that.  It still helps me fall asleep, but I’m wide awake 5 hours later.  I know I’ll sleep better, if I can get off this.  I’ve cut the tablet and am now taking 3/4 instead of the whole 12.5 mg tablet.  I also take 1 mg Alprazolam and 45 mg Mirtazapine.  I’m basically knocking myself out at night, but still not getting a decent nights sleep.

[c8...]

I have been on Zolpidem ER for years and Ambien before that.  It still helps me fall asleep, but I’m wide awake 5 hours later.  I know I’ll sleep better, if I can get off this.  I’ve cut the tablet and am now taking 3/4 instead of the whole 12.5 mg tablet.  I also take 1 mg Alprazolam and 45 mg Mirtazapine.  I’m basically knocking myself out at night, but still not getting a decent nights sleep.

Wow, how do you find that 45mg of Mirtazapine? I tried 15mg once, and I was pretty much knocked out the entire rest of the day.

Hello Mary, welcome ... nice to have another ambien user. Overall I'm sleeping, or had been, much better on a lower dose and with less meds since finding the group and starting my taper in September.

That said I'm in a funk. Deanna, just slap my wrist for staying up on the computer last night until 9pm and then having a horrible night. Five hours is better than some situations, cup half full on 5 hours! I got 4 last night and no likey ...

Jerry, love the jammin' site, so super cool!

Deanna why can't you get your house warm enough???? That's so important to me. I close off doors, turn heaters on, close doors, etc. I pay that heating bill with joy but have a small house where it mostly rains not snows, so is warmer.

Found out Friday that I didn't get that job ... disappointed of course but really glad I got my home office all dialed in and had some practice zoom interviews. On to the next maybe.

Last night I just wanted to get on here and say HELP, what do you do when you don't sleep for hours?? Do you get up? Do you just try to relax ... do you listen to something. I like to listen on my phone but don't like looking at the bright light to find things to listen to. Must look in to an app that darkens my phone.

Happy Super bowl to those who care, I just love the Budweiser Clydesdale ads! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes Welcome Mary! I think you will indeed find that you will regain your ability to sleep much better off the drugs than on them.  I was on Ambien for years too, and the day after I started the taper I felt better.  I was in tolerance withdrawal, and now I can report that I have found a very good sleeping regime.  Unfortunately it is in a bedroom without my hubby, and I feel bad about that but I must heal myself fully first.  Can you cut the CR version?  I think you need to crossover to the immediate release formulation and then start your taper.  Some posts about that somewhere on the site.  Good luck to you are looking forward to hearing about your experiences  :)

Hey Kachina sorry about the job but you will prevail I'm sure.  It is nice to have an organized home office for sure!  When I had those 3 hour stints in the middle of the night I used to stay in bed because I didn't feel like getting up and doing anything, but it is ok to read in low light, or walk around, have a cup of tea, etc.  You are so right to stay away from the bright lights.  Just keep to a solid routine, and one or 2 off-nights don't cause any harm at all.  We are human after all.

My neck pain has finally become just a minor annoyance, so that is a positive.  Yesterday we got some emotionally upsetting news and before you know it my old hip/leg pain made a resurface.  Amazing how certain neural pathways are so ingrained.  I am better again today after a good night's sleep though.  Oh and I would love to keep the house at 75 degrees but my husband gets ornery about it despite how much he says it doesn't bother him.  So I do heating blankets and small space heaters and of course the separate bedroom  :thumbsup:

Happy Football and snacks!!

Ha Shayna, I am curious how you are doing? Haven’t seen you here lately. I hope you are doing better and your sleep is returning! I am planning for a long hold, want to taper a bit first and then take a break. We have snow here and one week of freezing weather. It gives so much atmosphere. And it was such a long time ago we had this.  I hope to hear from you, huggs Jerry

Ha Shayna, I am curious how you are doing? Haven’t seen you here lately. I hope you are doing better and your sleep is returning! I am planning for a long hold, want to taper a bit first and then take a break. We have snow here and one week of freezing weather. It gives so much atmosphere. And it was such a long time ago we had this.  I hope to hear from you, huggs Jerry

Hey Jezza x I’m doing ok. I’m staying off most of the forum for a bit. I made the first cut last night so far so good. Thanks for checking on me. Sometimes it’s hard for me to see that people who have been on z drugs longer than me have had more success with sleep than I have. I honestly believe that zopiclone is more damaging on sleep architecture than other z drugs. Not that all these drugs don’t do damage but I think zopiclone is right up there in the bad bad category, lucky us!

And it’s Not that I’m not happy for people doing better in that area than me, I’m so happy for them ...it’s just hard some days to not be down about it.  :)

U have snow jez! How beautiful!! Do some snow angels for me!! I’ve never seen snow up close before. Only on mountains in the distance in Victoria when I was a kid. So u are on half a 3.75mg of zop? Jez that’s awesome. Hold as long as U need ur doing great!

It was so hot here yesterday we had air con on all day! On Saturday I literally submerged myself in the creek all day. Here’s a link to the creek I sat in. It was so beautiful. My son and I did some snorkeling in the rock pools. Today the kids are at school and the house is trashed after my daughter’s birthday yesterday. I’ve got the super bowl on but only because I’m waiting to see the weeknd play at half time coz I love him!!! I have no idea about American football, so different to ours here. Love to all of u team z. Xxx

https://www.discovernsw.com.au/articles/guide/things-to-do-at-hastings-point.htm

Are you still using Unisom, managed to order some from Amazon from US, just wondered how you get on with them. Envy you in Summer, horrible here been snowing everywhere cold, bleak, white, no colour or greenery. Can't even go for walk as paths too slippery roll on Spring. Glad you are doing Ok.

Hi Leann. Sometimes they work sometimes they don’t. I try to not take them every night. Last night I had 1/4 but don’t think it did a lot. I’ve never taken more than half because they make me feel quite depressed. But sometimes after a bad run I need to sleep so I take one and next day is usually a struggle. 1/4 sometimes works just as well but I don’t feel as bad the next day.

OK thanks, only sleeping about 3 hours a night at moment so not great. Just need something maybe once or twice a week for bit relief. How are you doing?

3 hrs sounds pretty good to me. I’m still alive somehow!

Just be prepared if u use them every night they lose their effectiveness. It’s good for a bit of relief after a few bad nights in a row tho. I don’t know how people take a full one. U would literally not be able to do anything the next day. (I guess people build tolerance to them)

Could cope with 3 hours if didn't have all the mental stuff going on. Don't worry not going take anything every night again. Was only when  started taking zop every night ended up addicted to them. Enjoy the nice sunny weather over there. Think of us over here with the horrible snow and freezing temperatures. Just read 9 perfect strangers was very good.

Glad u will have something to help on bad nights. Glad u enjoyed 9 perfect strangers Leann, they are filming a series of it right now in Byron bay x