Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Took whole Unisom last night worked better got about 4 and half hours sleep then dozed. Feel bit tired this morning but that could be the jab. I'll maybe take once or twice week if sleep bad. Virgin

River is a nice gentle rom com on Netflix. Advertising one looks good "Behind her eyes". I've been watching Firefly Lane but getting bored with it. The horrible snow nearly  gone thank goodness, hate it luckily don't very often get bad winters where I am.

Oh that’s good glad it helped! Yep good to use every now and then for some relief. Sometimes you can tell when u won’t sleep well coz ur keyed up so good for those nights. I’ll try virgin river. U were right Lisa jewell great writer x

Hey everyone in Team Z world. Seems all are doing ok. Hopefully we all will get some good healing in the upcoming months. Kachina, you're being a warrior! It's very early in your WD and your not finished yet with taper but it's normal to start feeling crummy as you reduce to smaller doses. This can be a good thing instead of WD hitting u all at once. Please hang in there and stay strong! I agree with Shay, please join the book club. The reading at night helps.

Wow Shay you're having nice beach times. Wish I was joining you. I hope you're feeling better as you move along with your taper. Hope the storm doesn't last. Guess you gave up on roller coaster for awhile? Lol

Leann I'm glad to hear you got vaccinated. Even happier that it's not affecting you much. Maybe a whole unison will work. My fingers are crossed for success!

Hello Deanna and Jerry and whoever I missed. I'm trying to find a new series to watch. Any ideas???

Love and hugs

Have you watched workin moms? Dead to me? Atypical? All so funny x all on Netflix. And stranger things? U could watch it with ur daughter... it’s a little bit scary but such a great show.

Yeah I haven’t been on rollercoaster for a bit! It’s too hot to line up!!

Yesterday I saw a girl strutting down the beach in her thong bikini and she had a bandaid on her bum cheek  :laugh:

Random but I thought it would give u a laugh 😂

No I haven't seen working moms or dead to me. I'll check those out. Thx Shay. My daughter has watched stranger things. I only saw little bits of it.

Bandaid on the bum in a bikini! Too funny. I bet she thought she was fabulous! Thanks so for the laugh. Glad you're doing ok so far and getting some sleep even if it's only a couple of hours.

It would be offensive to me to see a man or woman's bum uncovered anywhere outside.  They should issue them citations for public nudity.  If it's not allowed on TV, then it shouldn't be allowed in public either.

Hey Z-everyone,

This month has been a real struggle.  Def feel like I've gone backwards unfortunately.  Had a death in the extended family ( a young man in his 40's - not COVID related) and because of the virus everything was done outside or in the church with all the windows open.  Between the emotional stress and the physical stress of the cold I think I think I really set myself back.  Sleep very disrupted and now I'm getting adrenaline spikes (intense physical anxiety) that sometimes wake me up.  I did try some vit C and D last week which may have contributed, but geez.  Really?  When I get these adrenaline rushes my nerves fel like they are on fire.  So distressing and actually make me forget about the intense pain.  I feel like I'm falling apart after being somewhat stable.  I can't believe everything going downhill so fast.

So of course I'm doing everything I should now, and trying to keep all additional stress as low as possible.  I think I'm really experiencing the whole adrenal collapse thing which I know western doctors don't believe in.  My symptoms seem spot on from what I've read and thinking of seeking out a functional Dr...if I can find one.

Anyone dealing with this?

It would be offensive to me to see a man or woman's bum uncovered anywhere outside.  They should issue them citations for public nudity.  If it's not allowed on TV, then it shouldn't be allowed in public either.

I totally agree Becks.

Hey Z-everyone,

This month has been a real struggle.  Def feel like I've gone backwards unfortunately.  Had a death in the extended family ( a young man in his 40's - not COVID related) and because of the virus everything was done outside or in the church with all the windows open.  Between the emotional stress and the physical stress of the cold I think I think I really set myself back.  Sleep very disrupted and now I'm getting adrenaline spikes (intense physical anxiety) that sometimes wake me up.  I did try some vit C and D last week which may have contributed, but geez.  Really?  When I get these adrenaline rushes my nerves fel like they are on fire.  So distressing and actually make me forget about the intense pain.  I feel like I'm falling apart after being somewhat stable.  I can't believe everything going downhill so fast.

So of course I'm doing everything I should now, and trying to keep all additional stress as low as possible.  I think I'm really experiencing the whole adrenal collapse thing which I know western doctors don't believe in.  My symptoms seem spot on from what I've read and thinking of seeking out a functional Dr...if I can find one.

I'm so sorry you're going through this Deanna. Although it's upsetting it's not unheard of as you heal. I had those surges earlier on for my first 4-5 months off and on. Sometimes they were more intense than other times. The minute I thought they were gone, I'd have another cycle of them. They will fizzle out, sweetie. Just hang in there and do plenty of breathing through them. Yes you can forget the doctors helping. Their help is to give more pills that are not good for us or make us worse.

I also took some steps back in my healing. The past few weeks since I turned 8 months have been very rough with a death in my family also. I'm sure the stress and grieving has put extra fuel on our fires. It seems I've finally settled back down a bit. For how long? In this recovery process there's no telling. Even though I feel like crap for several days in a row when I get waves, I keep in mind its temporary and that my brain needed more repair in whatever area producing symptoms. It does feel like acute again but not quite. So I know what you mean. I'm taking one hour at a time when they hit me. But I do notice my windows are better and longer. Have you noticed that? Hang in there sweetie, this is a hill you're climbing as you go down your path. Some hills bigger than others. But that leveled straight path and destination is ahead.  :thumbsup:

Hey Z-everyone,

I'm so sorry you're going through this Deanna. Although it's upsetting it's not unheard of as you heal. I had those surges earlier on for my first 4-5 months off and on. Sometimes they were more intense than other times. The minute I thought they were gone, I'd have another cycle of them. They will fizzle out, sweetie. Just hang in there and do plenty of breathing through them. Yes you can forget the doctors helping. Their help is to give more pills that are not good for us or make us worse.

I also took some steps back in my healing. The past few weeks since I turned 8 months have been very rough with a death in my family also. I'm sure the stress and grieving has put extra fuel on our fires. It seems I've finally settled back down a bit. For how long? In this recovery process there's no telling. Even though I feel like crap for several days in a row when I get waves, I keep in mind its temporary and that my brain needed more repair in whatever area producing symptoms. It does feel like acute again but not quite. So I know what you mean. I'm taking one hour at a time when they hit me. But I do notice my windows are better and longer. Have you noticed that? Hang in there sweetie, this is a hill you're climbing as you go down your path. Some hills bigger than others. But that leveled straight path and destination is ahead.  :thumbsup:

Oh THANK YOU LadyDen!!! Your words are very comforting and just what I needed to hear.  I just felt so alone in this last few weeks of suffering.  I am trying so hard to do all the right things but have lost my confidence lately on what to do and whether I am on the right track.  I started reading about the adrenal issue thing and it seems to fut all the puzzle pieces but there's nothing about it that can be fixed.  I know you are right - there is no doctor that can fix this - only time, good nutrition and relaxation/meditation.  My stress skyrocketed and the wave was so intense I fear that I've negated all my previous healing.  I haven't noticed any better windows lately, I feel as if my waves are worse and no stability for last 3 weeks. I do notice like you said that it is as bad as acute, but slightly different in the actual symptoms.  My pain seems to be in different areas, and the adrenaline thing is very disconcerting.

You are a very strong and positive person! There is no doubt that you will heal from all of this.  I will try to mirror your positivity - I know how important that is to healing.  I did sleep better last night so I will try to stay positive about the days and weeks to come. 

Bless all of you  :smitten:

Yes Deanna. Hang in there dear. This is just a hurdle you'll get over soon. I'm having those almost acute waves very close together. So we're in the same boat. It will end soon and we'll have good Windows when it lifts! I'm told that once this happens and you get through it, you start to heal quicker. Wow I hope that's true for us! We have to borrow some badassness from Shay. We got this Dee! Don't worry!  Hugs

Hi Zzz buddies,

Jerry here. The weather is completely changing here, from -10 to +15 degrees and higher the coming week.

I am doing quite ok. Yesterday was better, but today is still young. My cleaning help is coming in one hour.

I wish you all a good day/weekend. Huggs  :thumbsup: Jezza

Update; I had a nice Jamulus (online place where musicians can meet and play) day. I played on my saxes this afternoon and in the evening. I am making a book with all the songs which are played there. So that I can practice them... 👍🏻😎🤓

Lady~ Thank you for your encouragement! Sorry to hear you're having annoying waves and yes, love your strength and positive attitude. It's very reassuring ...

Deann~ Awe gee ... that is soo hard, I hate the stuff you're going through. Are you using curable? I am back at using it and got the work book that I think you said you had done, but haven't opened it yet. Big stress sets me back with a lot of pain and stress related symptoms too and have had a few periods recently where it took a few days to recover. Low sleep adds to that. You'll recover! The shock of unexpected death is big especially for highly sensitive people.

Jerry~jamming sounds so good!

Shay~ the show about 2 women on the run in Australia is Wanted. I loved it, may not be on Netflix anymore IDK.

Becks~I do not like seeing people in thongs, don't want to see your bum or crack!!!! AAAGGGHHH

Shay~could you have sleep apnea? Your dream reminded me of it. I have it and although mild I use a CPAP which I love/hate.

Everyone, sorry I was MIA for a week. Weird times and extra busy. Plus I moved my computer to another room, made a beautiful office, but not so easy to just sit down and check it and maybe I've been out in the yard more because Spring has started here!!!

I'm holding at 5mg until I don't have bad nights or until I feel safe for going down which could come first...because I survive the short ones relatively fine, I'm just afraid of them ... or afraid of the pain or blood sugar responses to them and then the mental distress I get.

But I'M HERE. I'm not quitting. Just typing this makes me think I'll try for starting to shave the tip off that 5mg pill soon.

Happy Weekend Team Z

PS Thanks for the book group invite!! I am just not one to hold books up to my face a lot due to shoulder/neck/arm pain. BUT Are you saying it helps you fall asleep ladies? Or get sleepy? I might listen on my phone if I could learn to do that--anyone do that?  :D

Lady~ Thank you for your encouragement! Sorry to hear you're having annoying waves and yes, love your strength and positive attitude. It's very reassuring ...

Deann~ Awe gee ... that is soo hard, I hate the stuff you're going through. Are you using curable? I am back at using it and got the work book that I think you said you had done, but haven't opened it yet. Big stress sets me back with a lot of pain and stress related symptoms too and have had a few periods recently where it took a few days to recover. Low sleep adds to that. You'll recover! The shock of unexpected death is big especially for highly sensitive people.

Jerry~jamming sounds so good!

Shay~ the show about 2 women on the run in Australia is Wanted. I loved it, may not be on Netflix anymore IDK.

Becks~I do not like seeing people in thongs, don't want to see your bum or crack!!!! AAAGGGHHH

Shay~could you have sleep apnea? Your dream reminded me of it. I have it and although mild I use a CPAP which I love/hate.

Everyone, sorry I was MIA for a week. Weird times and extra busy. Plus I moved my computer to another room, made a beautiful office, but not so easy to just sit down and check it and maybe I've been out in the yard more because Spring has started here!!!

I'm holding at 5mg until I don't have bad nights or until I feel safe for going down which could come first...because I survive the short ones relatively fine, I'm just afraid of them ... or afraid of the pain or blood sugar responses to them and then the mental distress I get.

But I'M HERE. I'm not quitting. Just typing this makes me think I'll try for starting to shave the tip off that 5mg pill soon.

Happy Weekend Team Z

Kachina! Where are you that it is Spring?  Florida LOL....The only part of US not frozen?

Thanks for your kind thoughts.  It took 4 solid days on sitting on the couch but today I feel a bit better, so I am up and around doing chores today.  Actually feels good to do chores  :D  I def use the tools from Curable (meditation, pushing away the fear of symptoms, etc) as I firmly believe there is a big mind-body component for me in all this.  Today I had to clean up a mess from my poor kitty - he's getting old and can't process hairballs so he coughs up many messes every day.  I took off the pillowcase to wash it and threw it in the dryer instead of the washer!!! WTF!? It's things like that which demonstrate that while I don't fixate on it, there are cognitive issues at play along with the physical ones.  I am just so much more bothered by the physical symptoms. 

Being extra kind to myself and really looking forward to sunny Spring days ahead,  Hope you are all healing!!

Deanna,

I'm glad you rested for 4 days, just what was needed. And today you're happy doing chores, if just a bit spaced out! YOU got me in to curable and I still love to hear you talk about it. And I love hearing you're being extra kind to yourself. Great modeling, think I'll try that too!

I live on the West Coast, aka the Best Coast. Got some flowers out there but trees are still very bare. it starts unrolling any day now!

Hey team z x just popped in to say hi x haven’t been on here much lately but thinking of u guys x

And to answer ur question kachina I’ve been tested for sleep apnea and apparently I don’t have it, although when I was staying the night in hospital once for my heart the man in the bed next to me said he’s never heard anyone snore like that in his life. (No idea what he meant)  :laugh:

And about the books... they make most people sleepy. Not me tho coz I’m an Olympic heavy weight division insomniac  :laugh:

But sometimes..... when I’m really tired they make me go cross eyed  :o

Hi Z people,

The last 4 days have been very heavy. I think I was too active during the day. Which resulted in less good sleep and an increase of depressed feelings. Yesterday I worked on the website of my saxophone teacher. Www.saxofoonles-alkmaar.nl added stickers of musicians to it. The day before I was very busy with jamming on Jamulus. Both nice things to do, but today and the coming days I will slow down. I hope you are doing better than me. Tomorrow also a visit to the dentist. I am not afraid for that. Huggs  :thumbsup: Jerry

Hey jezza x hang in there buddy x I had 2 days of amazing windows, but now I’m hurting again, but that’s ok. Rest day today.

It’s good u are still keeping busy with sax. Good luck at the dentist. Ugh!