Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hi Everyone!  I had a very nice WE with my daughter and son-in-law.  Did not push too much, but did get out shopping with my girl and arranged a quick meeting in the store with a good friend who I haven't seen in ages bc of COVID.  I thoroughly enjoyed the visit (no symptoms during the visit) although my curated daily schedule was disrupted.  I stayed overnight and slept OK, but was very fatigued when I got home.  Didn't do too much yesterday, just tried to get back into my rhythm.  Today like clockwork I received the wave I was expecting, although it was a slight variation of the pain pattern just to keep me on my toes.  Neck, shoulders and upper arms are near frozen and I did nothing specific to anger those body parts. Feeling the benzo flu today.  If it holds to previous waves I should be better by Thursday.  We'll see!

I see everyone is hanging in there.  Kachina I am very impressed that you are going on a job interview! Best of luck to you! Pls let us know how it goes!

LadyD - glad you enjoyed the game and I'm sure a car ride is in your near future.

Shay it sounds like you are a bit better and taking in the sun.  I envy that it is your summer.  Enjoy!

Jerry you are a trooper keeping up your activities despite not feeling great! Good for you!!

Smooches to all  :smitten:

So wonderful that you had a great time and enjoyed your visit with your friend. I was wondering how it went. Thx for the report. Yes after I have a good window, I brace for a big wave. Especially if I really enjoyed myself.  :laugh: my waves have a predictable pattern as well. Do you get night waves? A wave when going to sleep?

Hey LadyDen, My waves tend to make themselves known right after breakfast.  By that time I know what kind of day it's going to be.  If I'm lucky I feel a bit better by bedtime and can rest comfortably, but other times my nights are just as uncomfortable as the day and I finally get to sleep after meditation.  Earlier in my withdrawal it was worse and I would get pain flares in the middle of the night when I would awake and couldn't fall back to sleep.  So I guess I'm making progress!

Here's my typical day:

I wake between 6:30 -7am with varying degrees of morning dread that doesn't last long.

I drink water and Sprite as I walk around slowly for a few minutes. I stretch gently. Get my daughter up by 7:30. I lay down until the dread goes away sometimes falling back to sleep especially if a wave starts. If not in a wave, 9am I eat breakfast watching the news and my old tv show The Big Valley. When it ends at 10am i go outside to walk a little in the morning sun for 10-20 minutes. I come inside and do my vestibular exercises if I don't have therapy that day. I lay down to rest until lunchtime. I eat and watch my old game show at 1pm The Match Game! ( Hilarious!) If I'm not too boaty, I walk to the mailbox, sweep the floor and wipe the kitchen counters. This is about 2:45pm. I lay down to meditate. Afterwards around 4pm I get on benzo buddies for a few of hours, read and play brain games online. 6-7pm I eat dinner, spend time with my daughter and sit up for a few minutes on the couch. Around 8pm I bathe and make sure my daughter turned in all her school homework, take a bath and do her chores. 9:30-10pm I turn off lights to listen to soothing calm music to induce sleep. When I'm sleepy and yawning I turn off music and sleep. Normally by 11:30 I'm asleep until 6-6:30am the next morning.

When I wake up in a wave my day is spent meditating, breathing calmly, cuddling a teddy bear my daughter bought me for Mother's Day, listening to rain with piano music while rubbing my arm softly so I can focus on the touch. I go to bed early on wave day. Anywhere from 8-9. I do this allowance of going to bed early carefully to not disrupt my bedtime routine. I strictly monitor going to bed and getting up at the same time.

LadyDen your routine sounds so much like mine!  I can't believe it - you watch an old western TV show too!! I have my morning routine of decaf coffee and a slice of gluten-free toast while doing email/computer time during which the morning heebie-jeebies work themsleves out (or not).  I take a nice long shower to work out the aches and pains and dress for the day.  If a good day I'll head to my craft room for some distraction.  Sometimes I push myself with a few light chores.  Lunch at noon where I sit for an hour while I eat.  If a really good day I make it outside to the stores for errands or a short walk if nice weather, if not I sit on the couch early for what my husband and I call "Ponderosa" time  :laugh:  No matter what kind of day it is I watch Bonanza at 2pm on MeTV.  That shows just captivates me with the silly plot lines but I really enjoy watching daily life centering around survival in the wild west in the mid 1800's.  Life was so hard but SO SIMPLE.  It makes me smile for sure.  At 3pm I move a bit around the house (laundry, etc), then at 4pm I take a second shower or a therapeutic bath for more relief of aches/pains after which I do yoga for 20 minutes.  I usually feel best around this time and ease into an early dinner at 6pm.  Then it's 2 episodes of Big Bang Theory and some HGTV until 9-9:30 when I'll go to bed to read until 10pm, then do my sleep meditation.  I too am super-protective of my sleep routine.  It is sacred.

Your comment about your teddy bear brought tears to my eyes.  I pet my kitty who is always there for me  :smitten:

Tough night last night with the escalation in pain that I haven't experienced for a while.  It made me realize how lucky I've been lately.  Hoping it doesn't stick around for too long.  I will really take it easy today with lots of heat therapy.

Today is day 2 with a lower zopiclone amount and I am not feeling too bad. That is nice. I know I shouldn’t cheer too early but stilll....My agenda is empty, but I will play on my alto sax...greets, Jerry  :thumbsup:

Funny Beck.

It's nice to read your routines ladies and to hear your check-ins all.

I had the job interview, a one-hour zoom call with a panel, it took A LOT out of me emotionally/mentally. Then I couldn't sleep for hours but I finally did. Then I woke up and have been a bit paralyzed, just doing almost nothing. But NOT nothing... feeling like I'm in a bit of a storm, a whirlwind ... the world is draining. I'm drained. I am having lots of difficult thoughts and feelings ... and some ups and downs. Blech

I can picture a young Tom Selleck like how he looked in Magnum PI in a thong.  Yes, that would be nice.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Tom Selleck! Becks girl you took me back. But I agree with Shay. He could've used a little wax. What about Michael Knight from the show knight rider. You remember he had that smart car named Kit!

LadyDen your routine sounds so much like mine!  I can't believe it - you watch an old western TV show too!! I have my morning routine of decaf coffee and a slice of gluten-free toast while doing email/computer time during which the morning heebie-jeebies work themsleves out (or not).  I take a nice long shower to work out the aches and pains and dress for the day.  If a good day I'll head to my craft room for some distraction.  Sometimes I push myself with a few light chores.  Lunch at noon where I sit for an hour while I eat.  If a really good day I make it outside to the stores for errands or a short walk if nice weather, if not I sit on the couch early for what my husband and I call "Ponderosa" time  :laugh:  No matter what kind of day it is I watch Bonanza at 2pm on MeTV.  That shows just captivates me with the silly plot lines but I really enjoy watching daily life centering around survival in the wild west in the mid 1800's.  Life was so hard but SO SIMPLE.  It makes me smile for sure.  At 3pm I move a bit around the house (laundry, etc), then at 4pm I take a second shower or a therapeutic bath for more relief of aches/pains after which I do yoga for 20 minutes.  I usually feel best around this time and ease into an early dinner at 6pm.  Then it's 2 episodes of Big Bang Theory and some HGTV until 9-9:30 when I'll go to bed to read until 10pm, then do my sleep meditation.  I too am super-protective of my sleep routine.  It is sacred.

Your comment about your teddy bear brought tears to my eyes.  I pet my kitty who is always there for me  :smitten:

Tough night last night with the escalation in pain that I haven't experienced for a while.  It made me realize how lucky I've been lately.  Hoping it doesn't stick around for too long.  I will really take it easy today with lots of heat therapy.

Yes ours sounds so similar except I can't go run errands....YET! I'll get there very soon. I love the old shows including westerns. I also admire the simple life they lived but it was very hard work. Guess what? That's why they slept so well back then. Coz every night they were exhausted! Makes me wonder how they made all those kids! I also watch Sanford and son ( major hilarious!) The rifleman, little house on the prairie and Andy Griffith. On Saturdays I watch old western movies or the old black and white movies like Shirley temple.

Funny Beck.

It's nice to read your routines ladies and to hear your check-ins all.

I had the job interview, a one-hour zoom call with a panel, it took A LOT out of me emotionally/mentally. Then I couldn't sleep for hours but I finally did. Then I woke up and have been a bit paralyzed, just doing almost nothing. But NOT nothing... feeling like I'm in a bit of a storm, a whirlwind ... the world is draining. I'm drained. I am having lots of difficult thoughts and feelings ... and some ups and downs. Blech

Did you get the job? Fingers crossed! How are you feeling now? Sounds like you're having waves. Sending you love & hugs!

Yes ours sounds so similar except I can't go run errands....YET! I'll get there very soon. I love the old shows including westerns. I also admire the simple life they lived but it was very hard work. Guess what? That's why they slept so well back then. Coz every night they were exhausted! Makes me wonder how they made all those kids! I also watch Sanford and son ( major hilarious!) The rifleman, little house on the prairie and Andy Griffith. On Saturdays I watch old western movies or the old black and white movies like Shirley temple.

Ditto on the old movies  :D  And I LOVE the old Columbo detective series but I've seen the 16 episodes that MeTV has and I know there are loads of others...they must only have the rights to a small portion.

I can picture a young Tom Selleck like how he looked in Magnum PI in a thong.  Yes, that would be nice.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Tom Selleck! Becks girl you took me back. But I agree with Shay. He could've used a little wax. What about Michael Knight from the show knight rider. You remember he had that smart car named Kit!

Otherwise known as the Hoff!

Yep Shay....the Hoff! I can still remember the knight rider song and the fancy lights on Kit. I always loved that car's voice. Did you watch every episode like I did?

Deanna I think you're right. Some of the shows I watch also have missing episodes. I think they only allow them a certain amount. On tv they show the same episodes so I always check YouTube as well.

Jerry I'm happy for you. I hope you remain this stable.

The wind tried to blow my undies off me! Wow it's so strong today and cold. I knew it would be after that scary rain last night. I just came back from the mailbox. That wasn't easy trying not to fall down from the winds pushing me while being boaty! But I did it.

Yep Shay....the Hoff! I can still remember the knight rider song and the fancy lights on Kit. I always loved that car's voice. Did you watch every episode like I did?

Deanna I think you're right. Some of the shows I watch also have missing episodes. I think they only allow them a certain amount. On tv they show the same episodes so I always check YouTube as well.

Jerry I'm happy for you. I hope you remain this stable.

The wind tried to blow my undies off me! Wow it's so strong today and cold. I knew it would be after that scary rain last night. I just came back from the mailbox. That wasn't easy trying not to fall down from the winds pushing me while being boaty! But I did it.

Yep me and my brother were massive knight rider fans!

Hi ladiezz,

I have a bit of hair on my breast and belly....haha... anyway, today is not a brilliant day, On a morning two days ago, I slept ‘through’ the clock, and took my morning medication an hour to late. I prepared a better morning alarm on my iphone. So this morning I woke up in time. That night before I woke up at 6 O clock, last night I slept fine. But I am not feeling great because I have to re-adjust to the proper medicine intake morning time. Have a nice day!  :thumbsup: Jazza

Oh second thought, I wouldn't mind back hair at all.  What really matters to me is how a man treats me.  That's the most important thing.  I dated a man who had alot of back hair and it didn't really bother me at all.  He could be verbally abusive to me which is why I stopped dating him.  We are still good though now and have been since about 1995 or so.

Becks, agreed, it's all in how a man treats you!

LadyD is that a matter of speech!!! Because I imagined you outdoors in your undies and was quite surprised!

I'm not a TV person ... but did watch a good movie last night and will try to this rainy weekend. Good medicine.

Jerry, good to know you've got some chest hairs!!! lol

Well, now I have to take a test on Monday for the job application. And found that out end of day yesterday and felt like those thoughts kept me up. Bad night and feel very drained...

I have to re-commit to my nighttime routine, got to get off the computer at 8pm again and maybe stop coffee again, IDK ... getting too lax and not calming down in the evenings or something. Life has been too up and down these past 2 weeks.

Hi Team Z! Yes Kachina it was a matter of speech!  :laugh: My point was that the wind was that strong. It felt like it was trying to blow my clothes off me.

Hey y'all I lost a family member. My family is grieving and so am I. I'm also dealing with other family issues. All of this is a bit too much for me right now. I will not be posting for a few days to allow time for me to be ok. I hope y'all have nice windows and feel better as you heal. I will check my PM each day if you'd like to message me. Love and hugs!

Btw, I'm 7 months Ambien free!

Wow Ladyden, 8 months free! Wonderful! I feel that I slowly improve during my taper. Even though I am not feeling good, it is much better than at the start of my taper. Today i played on my clarinet, yes I have one, and discovered my playing has improved while not playing on it. That is because, the technique of playing is the same as on a saxophone, and I played a lot of sax lately. This is good for the muscles in the mouth.

After that my father and I made a walk together at a small lake and a nature graveyard. It was three degrees, quite cold. It was nice... after that we had a meal at his house and we watched The Voice of Holland... all, have a nice sunday!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Oh LadyDen, I am so sorry for your loss  :'(  This and other family drama must be very stressful.  Try to remember your coping skills and remain as calm as possible.  Life is very hard sometimes.

Kachina, you sound like you are doing very well, keeping busy with purpose and strength!  Good luck on your test and I'm sure all these distractions are helping you!  How have your symptoms been through these busy weeks?

Jerry, you sound good too! You have a nice stable routine! That surely is helping you.

Becks and others - I am married to a very hairy man (Italian!) and I always thought that was normal! When Patrick Duffy shaved his whole body for Dallas all those years ago I thought it was weird lol. 

Shay - How is the taper plan going? We are all cheering you on!!!!

I have had a pretty bad wave this week  :sick:  Several nights with middle of the night awakenings which turn into pain flares which got pretty bad, almost as bad as acute.  It really scared me...I tried to remember my breathing but I realized that when these waves hit I have some mental involvement that I never realized before.  I def get OCD about the pain and my mind races with thoughts of what is happening and how long I have been going through this.  I tried to step out of my own thoughts and watch myself.  I think the mental component is part of the withdrawal, which I never appreciated before.  I have been taking it very easy today and hoping for a better night tonight.  I start my 7th month off on Monday and I'm worried that I will hit a bad stretch like I read about for some other buddies.  I am trying to bravely keep marching forward.

Hi Team Z! Yes Kachina it was a matter of speech!  :laugh: My point was that the wind was that strong. It felt like it was trying to blow my clothes off me.

Hey y'all I lost a family member. My family is grieving and so am I. I'm also dealing with other family issues. All of this is a bit too much for me right now. I will not be posting for a few days to allow time for me to be ok. I hope y'all have nice windows and feel better as you heal. I will check my PM each day if you'd like to message me. Love and hugs!

Btw, I'm 8 months Ambien free!

Sending u lots of hugs sis xx thinking of u x

We will celebrate ur 8 months free when ur feeling better lovely xx congratulations

I just went 4 months zopiclone free x