Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

[88...]

I took calms forte hylands. I didn’t sleep a wink and had massive adrenaline surges all night

This is a homeopathic remedy. I went to look at the ingredients:

Avena Sativa 4X HPUS: stress, nervousness

Calcarea Phosphorica 3X HPUS: restlessness

Chamomilla 4X HPUS: nervous irritability

Ferrum Phosphoricum 3X HPUS: nervousness

Humulus Lupulus 4X HPUS: occasional sleeplessness

Kali Phosphoricum 3X HPUS: irritability

Magnesia Phosphorica 3X HPUS: mental anxiousness

Natrum Phosphoricum 3X HPUS: anxiousness

Passiflora 4X HPUS: restless sleep from exhaustion

OMG!! That's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many things to front load into your body!! That's even assuming Homeopathic stuff even does anything (I'm open minded but tend to believe Homeopathy is sorta bunk. FYI I used to work in a health food store ages ago).

Anyway, please don't give up on supplements!! Just try them one at a time, and in small doses, to see how your body reacts. DO NOT take complexes that have like 100 of everything in them, your body will probably react negatively to that.

No I won’t give up on supps i just truly need to try not to rely on other things. I am 2 years in and still struggling, I was good 3 weeks ago and now I feel I’m back to square one so I need to try and boost my confidence that I can sleep without other things. But I agree in hindsight I wish I hadn’t had them x

[88...]

No I won’t give up on supps i just truly need to try not to rely on other things. I am 2 years in and still struggling, I was good 3 weeks ago and now I feel I’m back to square one so I need to try and boost my confidence that I can sleep without other things. But I agree in hindsight I wish I hadn’t had them x

Don't think of supplements like drugs. If we could sleep a full 8hr on Zopiclone and have zero side effects for the rest of our lives, I'd be the first guy signing up to that deal. But the drug is far too aggressive on the brain, and is not an neuroprotectant.

Many supplements ARE neuroprotective, which is what we need!!! No drug I can think of is designed to protect your neurons. All drugs are designed to override your natural systems. Supplements, at least the ones well studied, are usually based off plants that have been proven to help, OR they are based on natural chemicals the body makes to repair its own systems.

I'm just saying. I know you are suffering terribly, as many others, and I don't want to torment anyone (which is why I usually stay quiet). But if you are at the bottom of the barrel, what difference does it make to try something?

Just I'd recommend going slowly. NO complexes with a bunch of stuff mixed in. Try products separately, even taking 1/2 the dose, and see how your body responds. If you can tolerate it, add a 2nd one, the same way, etc etc. When you least realize, you're taking 4 - 5 things that ARE helping.

I won't say anymore on the matter on this thread. I posted my other thread, which I will keep updated with my progress.

I don’t think ur tormenting, and I’m not trying to be argumentative I’m just speaking from my situation and experiences.

Trying different things all the time is exhausting. But I will be open to it once I get some strength back

Oh no!!!!!! Shay I'm so sorry that calms had a bad effect on you!  :'( are you ok? I don't think you should try anything else. Your system needs to settle. As bad as your insomnia is, I know it's so frustrating. My heart goes out to you and anyone who can't sleep. Big hugs sweetie and welcome back

Yeah it was bad. I read on another thread about it and spoke to another buddy who said it helped them a lot. Definitely didn’t help me.

I had a good day yesterday and I’m absolutely struggling again today. So tired of this.

[88...]

I don’t think ur tormenting, and I’m not trying to be argumentative I’m just speaking from my situation and experiences.

Trying different things all the time is exhausting. But I will be open to it once I get some strength back

Having been where you are now (I had a really rough 2 months, equal to what you are going thru), I almost start crying when I think of you folks. That's why I decided to speak. I believe supplements can help us as they have helped me, but I completely understand the soul sucking aspect, and I don't want to be that guy.

Everything I have said comes out of love for all of you. I wish I could do more.

Yesterday was my husbands birthday. I was like a zombie all day and tried so hard to be upbeat, but I wasn’t fooling anyone. I tried to sleep again last night only to have to resort again to unisom. I don’t think I’m going to recover any time soon. Eventually the unisom will completely stop working and then what will I do.

I think co to Valium was my biggest mistake.

I know becks but I have to reduce for another year at least before I can get off then I’ll have to deal with months more of insomnia! You know what I mean? How can anyone be expected to continue to suffer. It’s beyond me how I will be able to keep going. I’m 2 years in

Ha Shazza, what you are going through is pure hell, I know it, because In the past I had serious sleeping problems too and that was probably the worst period in my life. Sleep is so important. When we are young, going to bed late in the night is not a problem. But now my sleep is holy for me. I want to encourage you again in your fight! Hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel comes soon! Hugggggs Jerrzza  :thumbsup:

Don't give up Shay! We got your back.  :thumbsup: you can do this. You got off the zop and your well on your way with getting off Valium. Take one day at a time. Try not to think about the what ifs. They'll drive you mad. Just deal with today. Then tomorrow do the same. I know you're tired and frustrated. Remember your windows. They're coming.super hugs!!!!!!!

Thanks Jezza and lady d x I’m ok today. I didn’t take anything but my Valium last night. No camomile no melatonin. I watched movies in bed then drifting in and out of sleep. I listened to it’s ok meditation and didn’t have any adrenaline surge which was a nice change. X bit of anxiety but keeping busy x

Yesterday was quite a good day for me. Today I am mr. zombi again. I just had a whatsapp saxophone lesson, which was tough. We played difficult songs. I have to do some shoppings in the shopping centre in half an hour too. Good luck people!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Hello Team,

Glad you are here. Glad to read your comments. Shay, no, it is just not fair and it's hell to not sleep. I send you love and peace and hope.

I had a lot of stress these last 2 days and am still in it. I took a little more ambien in the middle of the night as I was in so much physical pain and so upset. I am worried about tonight. Have had a big stress issue in my life that I am not handling well.

On the other hand I am so happy about a new era in the US.

I'm just being honest about taking more last night. Now I will go off line and unwind. I will do the things to help myself be ready for sleep. Very very upsetting to be off course.

Kachina

I updosed too last night, after waking up with diarrhea in my bed, had to clean it etc etc... just when I was back at my lowest level of zopiclone... grrrr....tonight I ll go back to that low level, and I know on before hand that tomorrow will be tough, because of withdrawal symptoms. Jerry :sick:

I flushed all my zopiclone yesterday. My insomnia is even worse atm but I’m using unisom to get some relief. No going back for me now x I wonder if it’s still acute from zop or now it’s Valium wd. I feel awful x

Kachina you did what you thought was best at the time. I'm sorry you're going through stress. I know you will get back on track. It's not a good idea to updose as Dr Ashton said to just hold where you are if you run into a bad time. But I'm not kicking anyone who does because it's their choice. I do want to say that the caution of updosing should be considered before you do it. It sends the brain confusing message while it's already in chaos from reducing. Please be careful. I hope your stressful issue is resolved soon. Hang in there, sweetie!

Jerry I'm sorry you had an stomach upset accident. I know that experience was highly unpleasant. When I was having diarrhea it was upsetting! Perhaps if you rip a plastic trash bag at the seam to make it flat then place a towel on top of it to sleep on. This will make it easier to clean up if it happens again and it will protect your sheets/mattress. This is an old mother to be trick that's passed down in our family when a woman is expecting a baby in her last trimester. Also we do this when someone has diarrhea, frequent urination or vomitting. If vomitting its placed over your pillow. Very easy to clean. I hope you feel better soon. And yes you're right....up-dosing can make nasty withdrawals.

Shay congrats on your toilet burial of your zop!  :laugh: And I'm not gonna say R.I.P. But R.I.H(hell) to those nasty pills. Now it's Valium's turn when the time comes. 1 down, 1 to go! I hope you get some great sleep to celebrate.