FAMILY MEMBER/PARTNERS SUPPORT THREAD

[pa...]

Pardner,

Glad you caught that and pointed it out! That was the one sentence I skimmed over, I guess.  :-[

But the other things still apply for us, I think. And coming from the Huffington Post, this is good news that the article's main focus was not on meds & doctors. You don't see this often in mainstream media.

I know I learned all these the hard way, so it's nice for newbies to have in their toolbox right from the start. :)  I've also found these help in other areas of life, especially, #7, not taking it personally. BWD is like Training Camp for that, if you want to look on the bright side of things.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [er...]

• [Mr...]

• [Mr...]

• [pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

BW, I thought that article was very good, it is a great reminder, of very tough things to keep remembering.

Thanks for thinking of this.

Pardner

Just to chime in with some recent personal experiences...  I took my son (17) to the doctor for sinus related issues.  The nurse practitioner wanted to write an antibiotic, so I stated no fluoroquinolones, as my Mom was substantially damaged by them and spent the last year of her life suffering from the after effects.  Sure enough, she writes for "avolox", one of the most popular Fluoro's of the day.  This after she assures me it is from the penicillin family of drugs.  Fast forward a month, and he (same son) has a stomach bug.  Different doc writes for an antispasmodic.  Turns out it's a "blended" drug, including a benzodiazapene for anxiety.  There's a red sticker on our folder there now.  I'm a nice guy, but idiots who mess with the health and well being of my family don't get that.

MR. P  >:(

hi, mrubar.

sorry to hear you and yr mom are having such a hard time. for us, it's up and down.    my hub realized the AD he decided to take is doing not a thing, and will soon begin a taper off of that.  he decided to take, he decided to stop.  my point is, i think, with our  addicts/victims/choose the noun-  ultimately, they make their decisions and we support.  we can't MAKE them do anything.  your mom will do what she feels is right and you will react to that and support her.

i am focusing on becoming an activist, fighting the source- big drug companies and the dumb doctors who get into bed with them.  the guy i love to listen to is denmark's dr peter gotzsche. he confirms everything i have suspected for a while now.  signing petitions, speaking out, researching... it helps with my anger, makes me feel if i can make even a small difference somewhere, it will be good.

sending love,

erin

Erin,

I salute your activism.  After years of sickness, Mrs. P spent her time doing research and reading on line about just about everything.  What we have come up with is this:  just about everything you  have been taught or have seen/read through whatever media of your choice, is false.  There are so many bad players out there, in every strata of government and business, media and healthcare, you are best served to be very skeptical of anything you run across.  As I have said here and in doctor's offices in several areas, our salvation has been to turn away from any established or mainstream resource for assistance and rely on the personal experiences and expertise bourne out of painful first hand accounts from survivors.  Mrs. P would be dead today had we relied solely on the medical community.  As a result, Mrs. P  has become quite involved in activism herself in areas of the environment and foods.  It keeps her quite busy, and as she heals, she has decided to focus more on her complete recovery and a bit less on the negatives we are confronted with on all sides.  It isn't safe to remain silent anymore.

Mr. P  :thumbsup: 

Hi all:

Just some Qs, almost rhetorical since I suspect the initial answers.  But then a request for advice.

Have any of you dealt with your loved one's short temper/Inability to remember things said the previous hour/Incessant tv watching/Anhedonia (whether facing a chore or what was once considered a happy event)?  I could use some suggestions on strategies.  Almost 11 months out, and I am starting to worry that his denial that K or Effexor cessation has anything to do with his physical (mostly inexplicable burning) or mental SX may be more true than I care to realize.  If he doesn't think this is w/d, is it foolish or naive for me to think so? 

hi, mrubar.

sorry to hear you and yr mom are having such a hard time. for us, it's up and down.    my hub realized the AD he decided to take is doing not a thing, and will soon begin a taper off of that.  he decided to take, he decided to stop.  my point is, i think, with our  addicts/victims/choose the noun-  ultimately, they make their decisions and we support.  we can't MAKE them do anything.  your mom will do what she feels is right and you will react to that and support her.

i am focusing on becoming an activist, fighting the source- big drug companies and the dumb doctors who get into bed with them.  the guy i love to listen to is denmark's dr peter gotzsche. he confirms everything i have suspected for a while now.  signing petitions, speaking out, researching... it helps with my anger, makes me feel if i can make even a small difference somewhere, it will be good.

sending love,

erin

Erin,

I salute your activism.  After years of sickness, Mrs. P spent her time doing research and reading on line about just about everything.  What we have come up with is this:  just about everything you  have been taught or have seen/read through whatever media of your choice, is false.  There are so many bad players out there, in every strata of government and business, media and healthcare, you are best served to be very skeptical of anything you run across.  As I have said here and in doctor's offices in several areas, our salvation has been to turn away from any established or mainstream resource for assistance and rely on the personal experiences and expertise bourne out of painful first hand accounts from survivors.  Mrs. P would be dead today had we relied solely on the medical community.  As a result, Mrs. P  has become quite involved in activism herself in areas of the environment and foods.  It keeps her quite busy, and as she heals, she has decided to focus more on her complete recovery and a bit less on the negatives we are confronted with on all sides.  It isn't safe to remain silent anymore.

Mr. P  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Hi all:

Just some Qs, almost rhetorical since I suspect the initial answers.  But then a request for advice.

Have any of you dealt with your loved one's short temper/Inability to remember things said the previous hour/Incessant tv watching/Anhedonia (whether facing a chore or what was once considered a happy event)?  I could use some suggestions on strategies.  Almost 11 months out, and I am starting to worry that his denial that K or Effexor cessation has anything to do with his physical (mostly inexplicable burning) or mental SX may be more true than I care to realize.  If he doesn't think this is w/d, is it foolish or naive for me to think so?

Dear Free,

Mrs. P had this same set of symptoms after her rapid withdrawal from K.  Through an unfortunate chain of events, she had to reinstate and slow taper (milk titration) beginning September '11.  She is now about 15 days out from her jump off.  You can see the taper has lasted well over 2 years (almost 2 1/2), but that has been key to making the w/d side effects more maneageble.  I believe the symptoms your partner feels are directly related to the damage done by the drugs, and only time can make them recede.  She (Mrs.P) has only recently said the burning sensations have pretty much entirely gone away.  He will be ok, but it will take time.  I would visit some of the protracted withdrawal forums on this site for more information. 

Mr. P  :)

Hi all:

Hi Freetobe,

My Mom has most of these symptoms and had when She hit the tolerance of lorazepam. She only doesn't like much of watching TV. I suspect She did many C/Ts before the slow taper so the damage was already done when I tapered Her off.

In here they say protracted wd starts at 18 months plus, so maybe it will still improve with time. Some BBs report accelerated recovery at the last 2-3 months of these 18 months. SO maybe you are right on the magic corner of recovery... Some say it happened rapidly on 2 years mark recovery. These are in minority but not such a small percentage.

Are all of these symptoms coming in waves or are present all the time?

My Mom has them in waves, so we can "meet" Her own self from time to time when She is in the window.

Actually the short temper symptom doesn't come too often (1-2 times per month) but forgetting comes 3-4 times in a week. During window She remembers everything and is patient, calm and like She used to be. She is 6 months off and I don't see any improvement besides of the month 4th when it was much better.

I think you just have to wait longer. The hardest thing. Keep some hope close to your heart. Hang on. Mrubar

Hi all:

Dear Free,

Mrs. P had this same set of symptoms after her rapid withdrawal from K.  Through an unfortunate chain of events, she had to reinstate and slow taper (milk titration) beginning September '11.  She is now about 15 days out from her jump off.  You can see the taper has lasted well over 2 years (almost 2 1/2), but that has been key to making the w/d side effects more maneageble.  I believe the symptoms your partner feels are directly related to the damage done by the drugs, and only time can make them recede.  She (Mrs.P) has only recently said the burning sensations have pretty much entirely gone away.  He will be ok, but it will take time.  I would visit some of the protracted withdrawal forums on this site for more information. 

Dear Mr. P.

Congratulations to Ms. P. and you for the brave jump off. I hope everything now will go smoothly for you Both. Have a happy FREE spring. Mrubar

Hi all:

Freetobe,

how long your husband was on Klonopin before the taper?

hey, all.  just checking in.

my husband has begun to taper from the AD he has been on the last few months.  it never did a thing for him and our anti-drug stance has grown and grown.    i have always pretty much believed that people have the power to use their minds to change whatever is making them unhappy/uncomfortable.  with the research i have done i now know this to be true.  the brave professionals and victims i respect know that there is almost no reason in the world to ingest a drug, a chemical, that will alter your brain.  and i am now certain of this, too. the whole model of diagnosis/drugs/effects/more drugs is a false, criminal model.  sometimes, "everybody" can be wrong.  remember the story of the emperor's new clothes?  all the townspeople promoted a falsehood and it took a little boy to state the obvious.    we are the little boy.  we must state the obvious. we must fight the criminals, the system, the thinking that if you're feeling sad, stressed, overwhelmed, unhealthy, etc  the normal thing to do is to take a drug that messes with your BRAIN. how awful that society has sunk so low that most people think this is a normal action.

anyway, if, by speaking out, i can save even one person from this hell- well, one person is one person.

blessings to all. stay warm if you are somewhere frigid, like i am.

be strong,

erin

my husband has begun to taper from the AD he has been on the last few months.  it never did a thing for him and our anti-drug stance has grown and grown.    i have always pretty much believed that people have the power to use their minds to change whatever is making them unhappy/uncomfortable.  with the research i have done i now know this to be true.  the brave professionals and victims i respect know that there is almost no reason in the world to ingest a drug, a chemical, that will alter your brain.  and i am now certain of this, too. the whole model of diagnosis/drugs/effects/more drugs is a false, criminal model.  sometimes, "everybody" can be wrong.  remember the story of the emperor's new clothes?  all the townspeople promoted a falsehood and it took a little boy to state the obvious.    we are the little boy.  we must state the obvious. we must fight the criminals, the system, the thinking that if you're feeling sad, stressed, overwhelmed, unhealthy, etc  the normal thing to do is to take a drug that messes with your BRAIN. how awful that society has sunk so low that most people think this is a normal action.

anyway, if, by speaking out, i can save even one person from this hell- well, one person is one person.

be strong,

erin

Erin,

Even this week, the FDA has shown it's true colors by pushing through the approval of a crushable pain med that is 4 times the strength of Oxycontin.  This action comes over the objections of 9 of the 11 FDA researchers advising against approval.  I am continually dismayed.  Mrs. P will begin tapering the AD she has been on as soon as she completes her klonopin taper (just a couple of weeks now).  Be prepared for lots of harsh push back from players on the other side whose interests are served by the drugging of the population.  Did you know the DSM currently lists an affliction called "Math Deficiency Disorder"?  There's a billing code and a drug to treat it, too.  Twenty years ago it listed a few hundred treatable disorders, now it numbers in the thousands, each disorder with a billing code assigned so the doctor, insurance company, and pharma can get their pay. 

Mr. P

i believe it, mr. p.  looks like you and i are doing the same kinds of research.  to use your word- dismayed, indeed.  everywhere i turn i see more examples of this.  just read the paper with my coffee- skimming the advice column and saw that you can't be a good old drunk anymore, responsible for your actions.  you are now classified as having "alcohol use disorder". and, like you said, you can be sure that lots of people are making money off of this classification.   

keep up the good work- spread the word all over.  lots of luck to mrs. p

erin

Hi Everyone,

This morning my Mom has fainted in church and then had a severe nausea and vomiting. She said now that She feels ok and doesn't need anybody to worry about  Her but I do worry. I am a very controlling person (trying to change that but still am) and I worry a lot that I am so far away now.

I am going there for Easter and will stay all summer but it is still some time to be here waiting and worrying.

Yesterday She had an excellent 100% window, just one day.

I know nausea is a common wd  side effect which last long after taper but I thought She is done with this....

Sorry I have no better news than that and I wish everyone is healing better. Mrubar

be strong,

erin

Erin,

Even this week, the FDA has shown it's true colors by pushing through the approval of a crushable pain med that is 4 times the strength of Oxycontin.  This action comes over the objections of 9 of the 11 FDA researchers advising against approval.  I am continually dismayed.  Mrs. P will begin tapering the AD she has been on as soon as she completes her klonopin taper (just a couple of weeks now).  Be prepared for lots of harsh push back from players on the other side whose interests are served by the drugging of the population.  Did you know the DSM currently lists an affliction called "Math Deficiency Disorder"?  There's a billing code and a drug to treat it, too.  Twenty years ago it listed a few hundred treatable disorders, now it numbers in the thousands, each disorder with a billing code assigned so the doctor, insurance company, and pharma can get their pay. 

Mr. P

AMEN......dont mess with the brain.....i know too many people who are affected by these drugs....i know, chronic pain is tough, but long term use of pain killers actually make the pain worse.....seen it with my own eyes.....but hard to prove......the tv series with House MD......he had chronic pain.....the vicotin had him by the (well, you know what im talking about)....it gets very complicated......these people want relief and they want it bad.....unfortunately, opiates help....but once again, short term.......sheesh....same with benzos......short term.....how long does it take for big pharm to catch on....seems like they just want to prolong agony......

Hi Everyone,

This morning my Mom has fainted in church and then had a severe nausea and vomiting. She said now that She feels ok and doesn't need anybody to worry about  Her but I do worry. I am a very controlling person (trying to change that but still am) and I worry a lot that I am so far away now.

I am going there for Easter and will stay all summer but it is still some time to be here waiting and worrying.

I know nausea is a common wd  side effect which last long after taper but I thought She is done with this....

Sorry I have no better news than that and I wish everyone is healing better. Mrubar

Mrubar,

It's scary when they fall.  My mom fell numerous times, and every time it was a heart stopper.  So glad to hear about the wide open window she experienced.  It would be nice if they would come in a string of 100 or so.  But every good day is one to be thankful for.  As for nausea, we have found pretty good relief by using ginger root.  It is safe and reasonably priced.  Many prescription anti-nausea drugs are blended with a benzo, so I am very skeptical of most of them.  Enjoy your stay with your Mom this Spring/Summer. 

Hi Everyone,

Mrubar,

It's scary when they fall.  My mom fell numerous times, and every time it was a heart stopper.  So glad to hear about the wide open window she experienced.  It would be nice if they would come in a string of 100 or so.  But every good day is one to be thankful for.  As for nausea, we have found pretty good relief by using ginger root.  It is safe and reasonably priced.  Many prescription anti-nausea drugs are blended with a benzo, so I am very skeptical of most of them.  Enjoy your stay with your Mom this Spring/Summer. 

Dear Mr. P,

Thanks for your support. My Mom did not fell, started to, but a women next to Her caught Her and walked Her out. Every time it happened in last years my Mom was sitting in a bench, so even if noone would catch Her  - She would "only" fell on a bench behind and in front of Her. The wide opened window continued today and She was saying how much sorry She is about the "trouble" which She put us through (me and my brother) because of the benzo.... How would She know if all doctors She ever asked confirmed that She has to take it for the rest of Her life.

Thank you for the ginger root idea. I will make Her aware of it. Her memory is significantly better and orientation in time and space too when the good day come. Today She said She bought Her favourite salmon to eat for dinner on the last day of carnaval and make it enjoyable. It is so nice when She is back. I am sure I will enjoy being back home soon. especially to see Her moving forward (hopefully) toward Her usual, peaceful life. Even if there will be days/weeks or even months of bad days it is sure now that She is getting better. Some symptoms disappeared completely, replaced with others which seem be worse, because we did not have them to handle before but observing the progress of others BBs in time makes me sure everything will heal completely one day.

Best wishes to strong and brave  Mrs. P and you. Mrubar

Mrubar

I am still following your posts here.

I am happy that your mother is experiencing some better moments.

Big big to you .

Love Carol

good morning (here anyway),

mr linn, great job spreading the truth.  it is up to us all here on the site to expose the lies and the actual criminal behavior.  when this is all over for everyone and the victims regain their clarity and footing, raise your voices and tell your stories. the more i uncover, the angrier i get. the broken system is bigger than benzos, as you know - it reaches all legal mind drugs and the villains who manufacture them and prescribe them.  and beyond.

mrubar, so exciting that you will be spending so much time with your mom! i hope your visit is full of calm, relaxing moments and the joy of being together.

blessings

erin

Hi Carol, thank you for checking out. I remember all your help and thank you for being with me in the darkest moments and now.

Erin, I touched everyone who I worked with in past (as you now I can't find a job now but maybe this is the opportunity to use for taking care of benzo disinformation or corruption) - this includes people working in EU public health government and my country public health dept. asking for help with executing (under penalty warning) the doctors obligation to update their education with new information about drugs which they prescribe.

If I won't get any ideas HOW, after my return here I planned to contact a director of local med school which I worked for few years ago and volunteer to write a grant (I need an affiliation) about organising a conference on a State level about what is going on.

If that works I will let them continue or I can do it, whatever they choose. I think without any professional power above medical community we can't change their willingness to educate themselves.

I still believe majority of accidental addictions happened  because of lack of information and not the doctors conscious choice of corruption. People (I believe) don't want to be criminals. They become ones very often because their focus is not where it should be.

Human nature is imperfect. I would crusade the situation counting on doctors morale, I don't think any of them will easily agree to be out of it.

But that is future and all I care about now is to see my Mom recovering and coming back. I miss Her terribly for last 3 years.

I hope everything in your life smoothes out quickly and your kids and you enjoy your true, loving and good husband return, too. I am glad he is tapering AD. It will free him more.

Have a great day, Mrubar

mrubar, you are right- i am getting a bit ahead of myself.  the biggest plans for shouting out will come later, after the crisis is long over.  thank you for your good wishes.  i think there will be nothing as sweet as being drug free after such a long trip.  my husband has had his mind in a good place and keeps apologizing for his bad decisions.  i realize i should change my stats- he is now off benzos 9 months.

hope you get to spend time with your real, wonderful mom- the one you miss.

be well

erin

mrubar, you are right- i am getting a bit ahead of myself.  the biggest plans for shouting out will come later, after the crisis is long over.  thank you for your good wishes.  i think there will be nothing as sweet as being drug free after such a long trip.  my husband has had his mind in a good place and keeps apologizing for his bad decisions.  i realize i should change my stats- he is now off benzos 9 months.

hope you get to spend time with your real, wonderful mom- the one you miss.

be well

erin

Erin, you made me crying by your wishes. And I am SO HAPPY to hear about your husband apologizing. My Mom apologised for "making the trouble by taking benzo to me and my brother"  just yesterday. Today is just an ok day but I am recharged from 2 good days one after another.

I am so impressed with you surviving everything so bravely. Definitely you are a fighter. I used to be too but feel so tired of these years before knowing what is wrong....

I hope someone (maybe me too) will manage to change the world about benzotruth. Have a wonderful evening with your  dear family. Mrubar

I am in the beginnings of my taper from V from temazepam.  My first cut is tonight.  My poor family has been through hell with me because of benzos and my w/d s/xs.  I hope I can get them to join BB and read and maybe participate in this group.

My poor hubby has been so patient with my rants and watching me go through the pain of the s/xs, I have severe issues.  I tend to get very bad around 7pm at night.  I try to do something to keep myself occupied so I don't go into one of my crying fits of pain.  I feel so bad that he has to watch me do this.  He has been so sweet in driving me around, doing all the errands and always making sure he is here at lunch time to make me some scrambled eggs.  I try and remember to thank him every night for all that he is doing for me.

For you folks that are the caretakers, please know that a lot of us feel guilty for what we are putting our families through and we do appreciate your efforts on our behalf!  Most of the time it is not us but the benzo brain! 

Thanks all, and say a pray for my first V cut tonight!!

Overcomer    :smitten: :smitten: