Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

All I had to buy were the cheap plastic syringes Diaz Pam mentioned and some chemists give them for free. Best thing I have learned during my whole taper, and makes it so much smoother over all that I have just two more days until I'm down to 5.5mg!!!! Thanks Diaz Pam! :) :) :)

Woo Hoo!!! Way to go JustDo!!!  :clap:

Hey everyone,

Question : i've been on lendormin 0,250 mg (for sleep) for 6 months. I wanted to stop this and they made me taper 25 proc / week. Hell broke loose when I was on the first week. Had a severe anxiety attack... dr on call gave me Xanax 0,5 mg for 4 weeks.. I didn't know this was another benzo. No i'm on diazepam determinated to quitt this mess. I did 7 days from 10 mg to 7 mg, then 10 days to 5. Did 4.5 mg on 10 days, now on 4 mg for 10 days... got all my pills made by half off. Can i make it this way without going liquid because i've got all the pills already ? Trying to go from 2.5 to 2 in 14 days. Is it possible to taper a 6 months benzo use in 6 months ?

Thanks already !

I had to hold at .6mg for 10 days.  I would get nailed when I would arrive at the sum drop of .1mg. I would the have to hold between 5 to 10 days and suffer.  My rate was .01mg per day.  I was stubborn and inpatient and kept at that pace.  It was quite obvious my body was saying "wait for me to catch up damnit!".  I slowed it down to .005mg per day.  I can tell you so far that made a huge difference in symptoms and it increased my baseline. 

I had to hold at .6mg for 10 days.  I would get nailed when I would arrive at the sum drop of .1mg. I would the have to hold between 5 to 10 days and suffer.  My rate was .01mg per day.  I was stubborn and inpatient and kept at that pace.  It was quite obvious my body was saying "wait for me to catch up damnit!".  I slowed it down to .005mg per day.  I can tell you so far that made a huge difference in symptoms and it increased my baseline. 

Yes, my mom was the same the way.

I had to really slow it down below 1mg.

Bart had to slow his down too.

The 10% rule says it all and works, but when we get to these really low levels we just want to push thru and get off.

I think Bart did it the right way and tapered at the rate his body healed and stepped off nearly sx free.

Thanks already for your reply all ! I'm just scared for what is about to happen. I really haven't been on it for long... I'm now on day 3 on 4 mg... still doubting all the time what to do ... searching for a way to work when things get harder... got pills for 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 and 0.5.

A lot of snow here.  I cleaned off my driveway and two others.  My muscles were sore and I was beat afterwards but it was a huge milestone for me as I was glad to do some hard labor.  A year ago, no way!

My muscles are still coming back online/recovering from the muscle relaxer properties of this junk/poison.

Thanks already for your reply all ! I'm just scared for what is about to happen. I really haven't been on it for long... I'm now on day 3 on 4 mg... still doubting all the time what to do ... searching for a way to work when things get harder... got pills for 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 and 0.5.

You were on 6 months?  You should create a signature.  Once you create your signature it will be easier for members to make helpful suggestions for you.  :)

I am now at 1.75 mg of Valium and was making too big of reductions at this low level the past couple of weeks. I was tracking toward a 20% two week reduction when the cuts caught up with me and I ended up holding at 1.8 mg for a week since the paranoia feelings and leg tingling returned. So, I've slowed it down to a .015 mg daily reduction. I hope my hearing comes back. Right now it feels like there's bunch of cotton balls in my left ear and it's ringing. I can hear out of that ear but not as well as before. I have some tingling in my lower legs, also. The paranoia is not much -- I only get freaked out if I dwell on this withdraw too much. I am so mad at the psychiatrists (two) who prescribed Valium to me for sleep. I continued to ask the last psych doctor if I was at risk of becoming dependent and he said no since I was on only 5 mg a night for sleep to counteract being on Lexapro that kept me from sleeping. Then my family doctor told me to stop cold turkey and that's when I discovered Benzo Buddies after experiencing the nightmare of a c/t withdraw. The danger of Benzos needs to go mainstream so that more people don't go through this.

Anyway, here's my spreadsheet schedule for the next two weeks. Does this look too rapid for tapering? I am wondering if I should scale it back so that it's not more than a 10% reduction. Also, I have liquid valium, so I don't mix it with anything other than enough water for me to drink it. I just take the amount listed for the Valium mg intake by filling a 10 ml syringe with .5 and then a 1 ml syringe with .75 (for example).

Valium Daily Drop mg    Daily Drop %        2 week % Drop

Date       mg intake mg                       

5-Feb-2016 1.715 0.0150         0.87%

6-Feb-2016 1.700 0.0150         0.87%

7-Feb-2016 1.685 0.0150         0.88%

8-Feb-2016 1.670 0.0150         0.89%

9-Feb-2016 1.655 0.0150         0.90%

10-Feb-2016 1.640 0.0150         0.91%

11-Feb-2016 1.625 0.0150         0.91%

12-Feb-2016 1.610 0.0150         0.92%

13-Feb-2016 1.595 0.0150         0.93%

14-Feb-2016 1.580 0.0150         0.94% 11.73%

You were on 6 months?  You should create a signature.  Once you create your signature it will be easier for members to make helpful suggestions for you.  :)

i'll try to make a signature but explain already in short. I was on Lendormin short term working benzo from June till Octob 2015. Started tapering 25 proc / week.  After 1 week complete chaos and put on Xanax XR 0, 5 mg for 5 weeks. Started in December on Diazepam 10 mg and am on 4mg now. So total benzo use indeed 6 months. Started tapering since November 2015... i'm really scared what to do next... a friend of mine did it on 0.5 less / 14d. Since the time of taking it wasn't so long. Don't know what to do....

You just go to " profile" and there is a menu. Click " forum profile" , where you can put down your medication history.

Some threads, including this one, can move fast and people don't often scroll down to find a previous post of someone else where their medication history was explained. It would really be helpful for people who'd like to help.

What you just wrote here will be a few pages down in a few days so it'd be hard to track.

:smitten:

I was on Lendormin short term working benzo from June till Octob 2015. Started tapering 25 proc / week.  After 1 week complete chaos and put on Xanax XR 0, 5 mg for 5 weeks. Started in December on Diazepam 10 mg and am on 4mg now. So total benzo use indeed 6 months. Started tapering since November 2015... i'm really scared what to do next... a friend of mine did it on 0.5 less / 14d. Since the time of taking it wasn't so long. Don't know what to do.... I rather try to cope with my pills then go liquid. Is there anyone who did it succesful in this way ? Thanks already in advance x

All I had to buy were the cheap plastic syringes Diaz Pam mentioned and some chemists give them for free. Best thing I have learned during my whole taper, and makes it so much smoother over all that I have just two more days until I'm down to 5.5mg!!!! Thanks Diaz Pam! :) :) :)

Woo Hoo!!! Way to go JustDo!!!  :clap:

Thanks DP and Kasey. I know realistically it won't be this "easy" later (like it's ever easy, haha) but it's too scary to think about that. Just gonna keep plodding along.

I was on Lendormin short term working benzo from June till Octob 2015. Started tapering 25 proc / week.  After 1 week complete chaos and put on Xanax XR 0, 5 mg for 5 weeks. Started in December on Diazepam 10 mg and am on 4mg now. So total benzo use indeed 6 months. Started tapering since November 2015... i'm really scared what to do next... a friend of mine did it on 0.5 less / 14d. Since the time of taking it wasn't so long. Don't know what to do.... I rather try to cope with my pills then go liquid. Is there anyone who did it succesful in this way ? Thanks already in advance x

I only took Ativan for a few months, cut WAY too quick, all hell broke loose.

I switched to Valium and then started a liquid daily taper, cutting 0.5 mgr every two weeks or so.

Many people do it that way.  :thumbsup:

I am now at 1.75 mg of Valium and was making too big of reductions at this low level the past couple of weeks. I was tracking toward a 20% two week reduction when the cuts caught up with me and I ended up holding at 1.8 mg for a week since the paranoia feelings and leg tingling returned. So, I've slowed it down to a .015 mg daily reduction. I hope my hearing comes back. Right now it feels like there's bunch of cotton balls in my left ear and it's ringing. I can hear out of that ear but not as well as before. I have some tingling in my lower legs, also. The paranoia is not much -- I only get freaked out if I dwell on this withdraw too much. I am so mad at the psychiatrists (two) who prescribed Valium to me for sleep. I continued to ask the last psych doctor if I was at risk of becoming dependent and he said no since I was on only 5 mg a night for sleep to counteract being on Lexapro that kept me from sleeping. Then my family doctor told me to stop cold turkey and that's when I discovered Benzo Buddies after experiencing the nightmare of a c/t withdraw. The danger of Benzos needs to go mainstream so that more people don't go through this.

Yeah, famous last words.  I was only on 5mg for insomnia too, but it still look me (first of all) about 9 months to work out what my actual problem was and to realise I had no hope in hell of doing a cut and hold taper, and then another 22 months to actually do a daily taper off it. Doctors have no idea.

Anyway, here's my spreadsheet schedule for the next two weeks. Does this look too rapid for tapering? I am wondering if I should scale it back so that it's not more than a 10% reduction. Also, I have liquid valium, so I don't mix it with anything other than enough water for me to drink it. I just take the amount listed for the Valium mg intake by filling a 10 ml syringe with .5 and then a 1 ml syringe with .75 (for example).

Valium Daily Drop mg    Daily Drop %        2 week % Drop

Date       mg intake mg                       

5-Feb-2016 1.715 0.0150         0.87%

6-Feb-2016 1.700 0.0150         0.87%

7-Feb-2016 1.685 0.0150         0.88%

8-Feb-2016 1.670 0.0150         0.89%

9-Feb-2016 1.655 0.0150         0.90%

10-Feb-2016 1.640 0.0150         0.91%

11-Feb-2016 1.625 0.0150         0.91%

12-Feb-2016 1.610 0.0150         0.92%

13-Feb-2016 1.595 0.0150         0.93%

14-Feb-2016 1.580 0.0150         0.94% 11.73%

I guess you really just have to go by how you feel. Traditionally your percentage cuts will start to increase on the low doses, because if you continue to keep cutting by a certain percentage (eg 7%) you will be cutting forever. The daily drops you are doing look okay to me, for the dose you are on, but once again if you feel you are struggling you will need to take that into account.

The other thing that often happens to people on these really low doses, and it happened to me at 1mg, if that you can suddenly hit a wall. I think there are quite a few people here who have experienced it. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's probably something to do with a need to rid your body of all that accumulated valium due to its half life. When it happened to me I had to hold at 1mg for 2 months.

Just be a little bit wary of not diluting the liquid valium before measuring it because it will become very difficult to measure those really miniscule cuts you need to do each day, and it's so concentrated that even the smallest of inaccuracies will have an effect. If you turn it into either a 10ml or 100ml solution with water you will find measuring a lot easier.

Hello everyone!! I need help on taper my diazeam, from 1mg k c/o to diazepam now I reach to 3 mg and it kicks me dry cut .5 every week. I'm planning to try liquid diazepam 2g/5ml but not sure how to do it properly, maybe try to cut .25 every week until I got to zero. Please I need your support. I'm currently on 1mg am- 2mg evening. I have many symptoms this stage and try to reduce if possible by doing microtaper. Thanks, mcm

And couldn't it be possible from the moment it gets harder... I give the pills that I have to my pharmacist and ask if he could make them with a 10 proc less ? Or doesn't that make much difference ? Thanks....

Asking for a friend. Anybody with experience crossing back over to the original drug from V as it didn't work? He did a 6 week crossover from 1.5 clonazepam to 30 mg v and doesn't feel like the v is covering his withdrawals. He is 3 months off clonazepam and wondering if he has paws from it and if too late to switch back to clonazepam.  Thoughts?

Hello everyone!! I need help on taper my diazeam, from 1mg k c/o to diazepam now I reach to 3 mg and it kicks me dry cut .5 every week. I'm planning to try liquid diazepam 2g/5ml but not sure how to do it properly, maybe try to cut .25 every week until I got to zero. Please I need your support. I'm currently on 1mg am- 2mg evening. I have many symptoms this stage and try to reduce if possible by doing microtaper. Thanks, mcm

MCM -- See the spreadsheet link in my signature below. You can input your info into the spreadsheet and it will put a plan together for you. From what I've read and my own experience, you don't want to go down more than 5-10% over a two week period. I have done fine going down 5-6% but ran into problems at the lower dose when I got to reducing by more than 10% over two weeks. I hope this helps. You may want to also post your message in the taper plan support forum.

And couldn't it be possible from the moment it gets harder... I give the pills that I have to my pharmacist and ask if he could make them with a 10 proc less ? Or doesn't that make much difference ? Thanks....

The pharmacy just receives the pills in 10, 5, 2 or 1 mgr pills and counts them out for you , according to your script. They don't adjust the pills to your preferred weight.

But you could use a compound pharmacy where they can customize your meds.

You will need a script from your prescribing doctor and take it to a compound Pharmacy.

It's not covered by insurance though.

IMO, cutting 0.5 mgr every week is too big at this dose you're at.

You're well over 10 percent cuts.

Recommended is 5-10 percent every TWO weeks.

I'm not surprised you're having a rough time cutting this fast and big on 3 mgr.

Micro tapering helps a lot of people reduce the symptoms, or make them tolerable at least. But if you're going to keep cutting so quick on 3 mgr, I'm not sure if it'll make a difference...?

If you'd like to start a  liquid taper, many people could help you with the math.

You could ask on the micro taper thread. I'm not a math wizard so I'm not attempting  ::)

Here is the link :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

Ok ! i really need a little help then... as good as my languages are..; as bad my math is. Is there a possibility to go on liquid with the pills of 5,2,1.5, 1 and 0.5 that I have ? How do you do this ? I don't want to mix alcohol because i'm not drinking at all. Can somebody explain in an easy way how I get on a slow taper from 4 mg tot 0.  I got this far... and want to try a slow taper but do not now how to start and scared to do something wrong. I'm from Belgium. Maybe someone here can explain in Dutch how to do sow or a YouTube film in Dutch how to do this. And how do I start and how to cut from 4 mg in how many days.

Sorry for all the questions ... for now I'm staying on 4 mg so that I know that I'm doing this the right way. Please someone help ! I've been in a burnout since May 2015, got the feeling that I want to start so much again but the meds are holding me back. My family is starting to loose faith that I'll ever be okay again. Thanks already for the help and support !

Hey Valium folk.. Is Valium more sedating than Xanax?    Xanax is knocking my a$$ out at .5 and .25 isn't really enough.      is Valium more subtle?

Hey Valium folk.. Is Valium more sedating than Xanax?    Xanax is knocking my a$$ out at .5 and .25 isn't really enough.      is Valium more subtle?

I found Valium to be be way more sedating than Xanax in the beginning.  But I never experienced a sedating effect from Xanax at all.  I did develop a tolerance for the sedating effect of Valium a few weeks after reaching my max dose of V while doing my crossover from X to V.  I don't even notice a sedating effect anymore.  Just withdrawal symptoms from my taper  :sick:  In some ways Valium has been better for me as I was getting horrific interdose withdrawals (I was taking Xanax 4 times a day and could not breathe for 2 hours prior to my next dose).  But with my Valium cuts I have experienced nausea and decreased appetite I did not have with X.  And with the long half life it's going to take a lot longer to wean off the V.  I would say if you are not having bad problems with interdose withdrawal then to stick with weaning slowly off the X.