• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i think chocolate affects GABA receptor's... they even talk about that in the Big Book of AA ;) oops, i fixed my typo :D brain is bouncing all over the place...don't cold turkey Dandy, don't do it!

Morreweg

Thanks.  I do feel more positive.

prettydaisys

I have not read this book. How exactly does it affect Gaba receptors?

Thanks

D

Dandy,

i just fixed my typo. my brain hurts really badly tonight and oh it's only been going on 18 months now. i meant they talk about chocolate in the Big Book of Alcoholic's Anonymous.

i'm not sure if that is so about chocolate on GABA as it's just my guess because it does make people feel good. i think it has PEA in it which also called 'the love hormone' which is Oxytocin. that's why chocolate makes us feel so good. it really does work or at least it helps. i don't think it could totally replace benzo's though.  it's the PEA that is the feel good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenethylamine

hope you're doing all right tonight! i'm hurting like all hell. :'( sick of this shit.

Hi everyone

Sorry oops,  just realised it's a bit early transatlantic.

Anyway have asked my brother to bring in loads of chocolate with high cocoa content based on prettydaisys advice.

Sleep well!

D

Good morning Dandy,

Your hospital sounds like a luxury hotel. Is it private as it doesn't seem typical of the NHS?

The chocolate sounds a good idea so think I'll try it. I've always avoided sugar but I do love plain chocolate.

I hope all goes well for you now so my very best wishes from the far southwest where you definitely can't find hospitals like this ;-).    xx

Hi parker

I have gained 6lbs in 2 days since the remeron. The food here is very good and you get good choice. I find the I am craving sugary food and sweet s so my brother brought a load of stuff in with nice soft drinks. My brother and sister have been great to me.

I have hope you are doing okay and taking it easy.

Must go speak soon.

God bless

D

Dandy- this is water weight gain early on. It happens with remeron as well as drugs in tectrucyclic a/d class as well (elavil, etc) If you stopped taking it right now, you'd lose thecwater in a week.

(Not recommending this or anything- just saying ;)

The most important thing right now is how you are feeling. The important aspect is getting off benzos.

Over time, you may talk to the docs about less remeron. And there will be a time for that. But it is probably not right now. Get stable and make this recovery success a priority.

I tapered remeron over a year while healing. It was very doable. But I was not ready to deal with that until about month 4 totally off benzos. Even then, it was "cut and hold" over time because remeron protected me from awful nerve pain and akathisia and in the thick if that, I learned to stay on it.

I rode the lowest dose I could from 15mg down to 0 while staving off as much suffering as I could. I had no nerve pain until about month 6 off benzos and then it was like my body came awake with it as things began to regenerate. If not for remeron, I don't know how I would have survived it. I was at 7.5 mg then. And then by 11 months off I was at 3.75mg. Finally, around a year, I had the med made into a liquid at a pharmacy and accurately tapered the rest to zero.

It will all be doable in time. But the benzos are the challenging one. As for me, and with your dictor's blessing, I'd say do not worry about needing the remeron.

I healed all along the way while on it. Perhaps moreso for the sleep it provided me.

But try to eat nutritiously even as you enjoy your sugar :). The body needs that. Plenty of protein, water, and veggies - if you're in a place where they will cook it for you, even better! :)

:)Parker 

Hi parker

I am not worried about the remeron I took it about 10 years ago and just stopped no taper without any problems.

The food here is very good with a varied menu with 3/4 choices and plenty of meat and vegetables.

I am still craving sugar so my brother will bring plenty of chocolate and candy this afternoon.

I have now switched to diazepam and feel quite comfortable. I have a cannular in my arm just in case iv lorazepam is required for panic attacks/seizures.

Trust you are ok and keeping well.  I always appreciate your posts.

God bless

D

If you took remeron years ago and did not need to taper  from it than why did you say you did not know what it was and then ask us what it was? I gained 6 pounds in 3 days .....  later it's I gained 6 pounds in 2 days.  . I have xxx amount of pills, two hours later I have xxxxxx amount of pills...I had  many blood tests for my liver and their was nothing wrong with my liver when I got the results and I am refusing more tests but then magically without anyone taking more tests your liver is so damaged you need to be hospitalized for months?  etc.... I find ALL of your many inconsistencies very fascinating Dandy.

Hi alabamawerle

Good to hear from you. I am slightly unclear what your thought process is but I will try my best to interpret. You are querying the state of my liver I think. After I was discharged from hospital after a stay of 5 days I still felt unwell.  I was referred to psych doc last Monday for a consultation. Following that meeting he immediatelycalled my GP (general practice) and said i looked ill but specifically jaundiced. My GP then called me and asked me to go to the surgery the following day. She agreed that I was ill and arranged an ambulance for the following morning having reviewed my blood tests from the hospital.

As for your question about remeron I did take a anti depressant called mirtazapine about ten years ago for which is apparently the generic name for remeron. The drug is exclusivly called mirtazapine in the UK.

I am unclear about the rather trenchant tone of your post but I wish you all that you wish yourself.

Take care

D

Hi Dandy,

Just keep doing what you're doing. Lots of people are cheering you on, myself included. Anger is toxic to your recovery. Don't engage, just do your thing and all will turn out well. You got this!  :)

Isee

Hi Iseanendinsight

Thanks for your support. That last post was rather confusing. I guess it takes all sorts.

I can't afford to get stressed at this stage unnecessarily.

Take care

D

Please try to understand that Dan has been living in a fog of confusion and disorientation for quite a while now due to benzos.  At this point he is starting to improve and his memory is getting a bit more clear. Please refrain from unwelcome goading, and try to understand the state that has brought him to this juncture of hospitalization. Inconsistencies are perfectly understandable.

Dan, please try to disregard those who appear to have negative connotations in their posts. Ignore them. Focus on getting better and on those of us who sincerely care about your welfare. Accentuate the positive. I am so gratified that you are showing such improvement. Please keep in mind you have many buddies here who support you and will continue to support you. Take care.

Your friend Obsid.

Good for you Dandy. I guess some people will continue to be suspicious about what you post, because of past issues, but I think Obsid summed things up pretty well. You have had a lot of confusion in your life for a long time now, so I think people should give you a lot of slack and not jump on every perceived or imagined inconsistency in what you post.

If some people want to continue to be suspicious about everything you post, then perhaps they need to just keep their thoughts to themselves and concentrate on other areas of the forum where they may feel more comfortable.

Hello Diaz-Pam

I thank you for standing by me.  I hold no grudge against alabamawerle because as you say during some of my earlier posts were rude and bizarre . All I know is that I am now lucid and in  control. My benzo intake is much reduced and of course I am not drinking.  I have had  a massive cut but feel ok. I think it's psychological because I know if anything happens the nurse will give me iv lorazepam.

Today I think they are going to take a biopsy of my liver to definitively check it's condition if I am strong enough. Also I have my brother and sister with me.

I really appreciate your message it means a lot to me. I also appreciate that a lot of folks posting are unwell themselves and I wish them gods speed. I hope you are healing and again thanks for posting. I know I will win this battle.

God bless

D

good luck with the liver biopsy and I am glad you are in such a good hospital (I also wonder if it is a private hospital - I have had only bad experiences in hospitals, you see).

very best wishes

Hi

Yes it is a private hospital.  My parents encouraged me to pay a nominal sum when I started working many years ago. I have only had cause to use a few times.

Thanks for your kind thoughts I am hoping everything will be fine obviously.

Take care

D

Dandy-

I don't know what your long term plan is, but I hope it includes a responsible taper.

Hopefully their plan is to stabilize you and provide some counseling that will allow you to manage a taper at home.

I fear that they will rapid detox you. I'm hoping this is not the case.

River

Dandy,

I had a friend who had a fatty liver due to alcohol consumption. It was pretty bad and bordering on cirrhosis. He was very ill. However, he stopped drinking and is as healthy as can be now. The liver is a pretty incredible organ. It would be nice if all our organs could regenerate as it does. I know you're going to be fine. I can hear it in your "voice" that you're so committed to feeling better. We're behind you, as we are with all our members and wish you the best.  :)

Hi River Wolf

Good to hear from you.  I can understand the concern. Firstly I fear I am going to be here for some weeks. I have been switched over to diazepam at a reasonable rate. Don't forget I was on the equivalent of 240mg diazepam daily. I know that the hospital is in contact with my GP so that when I am finally discharged my own doctor will be involved.

I believe I am currently on 40mg diazepam 3 x dail which = 3 x 2mg clonazepam daily. I feel quite comfortable at this

Taper. I am guessing that there is still some clonazepam swimming around my system.

Doctors are currently considering whether I am strong enough for a biopsy today.

I am in a private hospital so to some extent l have an element of control. I am not stupid and know this is a long process particularly given the amount I was on. I will be vigilant.

I hope this assuages what I know is your genuine concern.

Regards

D

Dandy,

I had a friend who had a fatty liver due to alcohol consumption. It was pretty bad and bordering on cirrhosis. He was very ill. However, he stopped drinking and is as healthy as can be now. The liver is a pretty incredible organ. It would be nice if all our organs could regenerate as it does. I know you're going to be fine. I can hear it in your "voice" that you're so committed to feeling better. We're behind you, as we are with all our members and wish you the best.  :)

great reply hope.....i enjoy being a buddie again. :smitten::thumbsup:

[a9...]