Important Survey - Please Participate ×

in despair after so called psych appointment

[da...]

Hi Dan: Obsid here. I wish you a speedy recovery. Your buddies are here to continue supporting you as needed. You are not alone.

Your friend...Obsid

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hope

Thanks for responding. Yes they did an ultrasound before I was discharged mostly I think focusing on my stomach although the doctor commented that my liver was not great but no cirrhosis. I was also very pale. I think doctors are under pressure to discharge as soon as possible.

As regards posting I will keep to a minimum and I will abide by rules and just be happy to have an occasional polite exchange. I still seem to have a modicum of support from some buddies.

Thank you hope.

Take care

Dandy,

Please post as much as you like. You're not limited. You will need support even though you're in hospital. I know it can be lonely in hospital.

Thanks hope,  that means a great deal to me. The only people I see apart from my brother and sister are nurses popping in and out to check blood pressure etc. Also catering staff with meals.

Thanks again

D

Just wanted to say settled in hospital in own room with tv. I have been given some diazepam not sure how much but think 40mg. I think they have iv lorazepam on hand in case of seizures. Going to stabilise first before looking at liver next week.

PS Mods if you don't want me posting occasionally I will understand.

Dandy, I am so glad your in a safe place, we are all concerned about you, feel free to post as often as you like.

Good luck with everything

Magrita

Dandy,

I am so happy you are in a place that will take good care of you.  Know that we are hoping for the best for you and please do let us know how you are coming along.

pianogirl

Hi pianogirl

I am amazed at how much support I have received in view of recent events.

I am being closely monitored and on iv drip but being well looked after. I think they want to start a reasonable taper initialy and then look at other issues next week when more stable. I am in good hands. Seen doctor who outlined plan.

I am certainly happier in than home alone going berserk or something like that.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks and God bless

D

Hi pianogirl

I am amazed at how much support I have received in view of recent events.

I am being closely monitored and on iv drip but being well looked after. I think they want to start a reasonable taper initialy and then look at other issues next week when more stable. I am in good hands. Seen doctor who outlined plan.

I am certainly happier in than home alone going berserk or something like that.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks and God bless

D

Pleased to hear you are getting good care in a stable environment. Best wishes!

Make sure you slip your medical practitioners a copy of the Ashton manual. If they tell you that benzo withdrawal doesn't really exist, let us know and we'll bust you out of there... ;)

Hope you're feeling better!

Svenhoak,

I think they are pretty much up to speed. My GP briefed them prior to admission. Currently receiving plenty of diazepam. They have put a cannular in my arm ready for iv lorazepam in the event of seizures.

For some strange reason I feel calmer in hospital than at home which I associate with chaos.

However, if I need busting out you will be the first to know.  8)

Cheers

D

I am so glad you are feeling calmer, and I am glad you feel safe, we can stop worrying about you for a bit!!

Please don't feel responsible for your "bad behaviour" over the last few days, it is all down to the massive dose of benzos you are on. 

wishing you all the very best and we will all be here for you as long as you need us. :thumbsup:

Polenta

Thanks for your kind words. I noticed that you recommend never c/t from  benzos. I think I have got lucky because my GP knew about my intake and briefed the hospital. They are giving me a lot of diazepam and I feel quite comfortable. They also have iv lorazepam on hand in the event of seizures.

Hopefully sleep ok tonight cause i am knackered. Probably won't post again tonight they want lights out though have bedside table light.

You take care also.

Thanks

D

Just a final post. Doctor wants to give me 15mg of remeron tonight. I quickly googled this and it's an a/d. Anyone experience of this please and should I take it.  No benzos tonight just this remeron.

Anyone please. Thanks

We have a number of members who swear by remeron. Dr. Ashton also recommends it for help during withdrawal as well as doxipen. Other members have had not so great experiences with it ie) feeling foggy...etc.

I'm hoping that your decisions lead you through the maze and into full recovery Dandy.  :thumbsup:

Good decision to avoid conflict.

You have no idea how many people here are hoping that you receive the proper care.

River

I'm on remeron Dandy. It's a newer tetra cyclic AD. It's in its own class, not an SSRI, nor MAO, nor tricyclic. The engineer in u may appreciate the technology in that drug... :)

Remeron helps me sleep at night and is supposed to be good for anxiety and depression. Lots of members here on BB use it.

Sleep well!

I am proud of u dandy. This is so hard I know.  But I know u can do it! Don't look to far ahead. Stay in the day! U r in the best place and I am so happy u feel safe. I hope u get some sleep.

Hugs Pinkee

Dandy,

I haven't been on in awhile. Last time I was on I was very worried about you after you had taken all the clonazepam with wine. I was worried you might die. I am glad you did not, although clearly you are still having a very hard time. I think the diazepam option may be your solution. It won't be easy, but I'm not sure you would be able to taper directly off any clonazepam you purchase on the internet. The diazepam won't feel the same as the clonazepam. Hence, you may be able to taper successfully from it. (Meaning, you won't like the diazepam as much but it will still do the job). Give it some thought. I really want to see you make it to the other side of the hell you've been living through. This may be your answer.

Thanks River

Yes good idea just to let doctors do their job. I must learn to stop disputing the experts.  8)

Thanks also for the other encouraging news.  :thumbsup:

Best wishes

D

Dandy,

I used to go on terrible drinking binges for days/weeks. I would drink 'round the clock, didn't even come close to functioning. Always ended up in the hospital afterward. Sometimes at death's door. In a way, the clonazepam I was prescribed saved me from the self-destructive hell that my life. I never abused it. Also, it contributed significantly to me quitting drinking altogether. Now that I am tapering from clonazepam (very, very slowly) there is that fear lurking in the back of my mind. 'What if, once I'm off entirely, something happens that upsets me so greatly that I return to the bottle?' The fear isn't stopping me, yet it's there. I think I, you, and everyone has the inner strength to manage our minds and emotions without the aid of benzos or booze. It sure isn't easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is, right? Wishing you all the best.

This is not good.  Took remeron at about 23.30 with no benzos.  Just woke up in terrible withdrawal call nurse and she gave me 40mg diazepam = 2mg clonazepam.  Feel terrible but gonna try grin and bare it. It's one hell of  a cut.

Nurse said see how that goes give you you more diazepam in 2  hours. Really feel horrible body screaming for more right now. What can I do although diazepam taking edge off.

Nothing you are feeling is going to hurt you. It's just withdrawal. It's just anxiety. Body symptoms are uncomfortable but there is no danger. You are in good medical care.

Practise relaxation breathing. You can find many examples on YouTube.

If you're feeling down, give this a watch

You'll be alright.  :)

[46...]