in despair after so called psych appointment

[da...]

I think al you guys desereve a medaille ......

You are traying to help somebody who doesn,t want to be helped in the first place......

With you,r own body,s being sick, and you,r own WD to deal with.......

I read you are a grown up man, i think i,ts time to get you act together......

Don,t start yelling you are going to pop more pills, because people don,t tell you what you want to hear.

You are looking for advice, and people give it to you, and mean well, why won,t you listen????

People get upset with what you are doing, and try really hard to help you! Can,t you see?

They all mean so well,

I guess i,am gonna get it from you big time, but i really don,t care......

This can,t go on like this.....

I wish you all the best ( mean that)

:thumbsup:

Sandra.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 55 too. I want my life back. A life I am in control of. I don't want pills dictating my every move. I don't want to count pills to see how many I have left.

I am sure that's what u want too, dandy. So who knows, maybe this young dr may surprise you . Maybe she has done some homework. .???  Take what you need from the appointment and leave what you don't. I do wish the best for u. As I know everyone else does too. Even Tom.

Take care Pinkee

Chinookwind

I have to say i believe you are one dimensional and deluded.  The implication from Tom clearly existed he virtually admitted that he meant hospitalisation as confirmed by Pinkee's response. You just blindly agreed without any substantiation didn't you. You are bang to rights. Mortified is a very strong word.

One golden rule if you make a statement provide reasoning. You should remember that for future posts.

Take care

I didn't "blindly" agree with anyone. I made my post (i.e. #58) before Tom even posted his comment (#61).

I don't think I really need to provide any reasoning for my statement, you've done a fine job of that yourself.

I reiterate what I stated earlier today: you need professional help.

That is not a criticism. If you wish to interpret it that way then so be it.

Goodnight.

Chinook

Not Myself

Thank you for your post. I get exactly what you're saying. Your post is populated with good thoughts and I can feel that you genuinely care.

Just to explain my frustration stems from the occasional post but mainly from the abhorrent behaviour from that CAU nurse you may have read about in my earlier posts.

Thanks once again

Take care

Chinookwind

You still don't get it do you.

The entire thrust of this thread is all about seeking professional help.

The clue is in the title.

Yes read the earlier post it was so enlightening. You just keep ranting about the need for professional help which I have already addressed.

Dandy - please don't do this. You are heading towards getting a lot of people upset with you again. Please go back and read my last post. You need the support of your friends on BB, and at the rate you are going you could lose their support again.

You don't have to agree with everyone on this thread, or this forum for that matter, and they don't have to agree with you, but no one needs to gets angry or annoyed with each other. That never solves anything.

Who cares if there are people who are tapering off such low doses of valium. I'm on a really low dose too, and I know to you it probably seems stupid that I need to taper off just 1mg (originally 5mg), but I do. Everyone makes their own choices about things, just as you need to make the choices that suit you.

Please just take a break from this thread. Maybe just forget about it altogether, and start a new one. This one is heading towards going pear-shaped anyway. I just ask everyone that if you aren't interested in offering any positive comments to Dandy then maybe just ignore this thread. His situation is sensitive, and we all know that he says things he doesn’t mean when he gets stressed, so let's not stress him – okay?

Not Myself

Thank you for your post. I get exactly what you're saying. Your post is populated with good thoughts and I can feel that you genuinely care.

Just to explain my frustration stems from the occasional post but mainly from the abhorrent behaviour from that CAU nurse you may have read about in my earlier posts.

Thanks once again

Take care

I,am glad you are reacting this way, i,ts difficault to tell you what i would,t like to tell you, i,am dutch ;)

So to find the wright words is not easy, just wanna tell you, live is worth living, but it,s up to you!

I know it sucks to feel like this, but please take it one day at a time......

If you put you,r mind to it, you can do it......

I,am sure you can.....

:thumbsup:

Sandra.

dandy,

i was reading this thread from the beginning and it went on for so long with so many wonderful posts and i was like 'yeah, it's gonna make it'  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yes/yes-fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif  and then woooooop it went sour. i am just kidding around and that's probably not a good idea. :idiot:

just wanted to keep the conversation lively. :D

but i wanted to say to you that wow, that is a lot of clonazepam. there was a time in my life from 2002-2004 that i was on between 12-20mg clonazepam, see sig. i don't know how anyone could take that amount and live life? i didn't get professional help at the time and somehow i rapidly tapered down, then up again-- then down and now i am still kindling from the c/t.

but this can be done. that wasn't the only time i was on that amount and if i told you the amounts i was on before that time it would sound boastful and i honestly don't know how i have survived this? i must have some kind of sacred mission :o and makes sense why it's taking a long time for me.

anyway, if this were me right now. and i knew about all this and Ashton, BB, Una. i think i would make sure i had enough clonezpam to taper for a little while before i made a switch to valium. if this doctor is young and new, maybe that is a good thing. maybe you can talk her/him into things. honestly, i would be armed with The Ashton Manual to at least have whatever doc who can help you skimmed through so it looks more legite. that's about it--i wish you well. you can do this if you want to and it seems like you do.

prettyD

I chose to word what I said the way I did out of caution. What reason do I have to be coy?Dandy was recently discharged from the hospital after suffering such severe gastric bleeding that he was there for 5 days, is currently taking a very large dose of benzos, admitted to having a drinking problem but says he is sober- all anyone can do is take his word for it, I really hope that is true for his sake, has threatened suicide on a public forum unless his apology demands were met and then blacked out soon after, and within the past couple days has had a medical professional tell his other doctor he looked jaundiced. If this was a spouse or child of yours what would you recommend to this person? Order more drugs regardless of what the Doctor says because this individual can obviously be trusted to institute a responsible taper plan? And to you, Dandy, I have no underlying motive or agenda here except the strong desire to see you live.

Hope 1962

I notice that you have a tendency to run with the Foxes and the hounds. It is an unfortunate trait.

I think I'll take my unfortunate traits and move on to other members. At this point I'd like to wish you good luck, Dandy. I hope all your issues get resolved.  :)

Hope

I don't envy the other members.

This is interesting. The other day you told me I was a wonderful ambassador for the forum.  ::) You certainly run hot and cold, don't you.

Please just take a break from this thread. Maybe just forget about it altogether, and start a new one. This one is heading towards going pear-shaped anyway. I just ask everyone that if you aren't interested in offering any positive comments to Dandy then maybe just ignore this thread. His situation is sensitive, and we all know that he says things he doesn’t mean when he gets stressed, so let's not stress him – okay?

I'm not sure how many members will continue to jump through hoops for Dandy, Diaz-Pam. If you can all the power to you. Personally, I'm tired of playing games with Dandy when there are other members on the forum who need help and aren't going to rip off the heads of those who try to help them. He's all yours.  :thumbsup:

I chose to word what I said the way I did out of caution. What reason do I have to be coy?Dandy was recently discharged from the hospital after suffering such severe gastric bleeding that he was there for 5 days, is currently taking a very large dose of benzos, admitted to having a drinking problem but says he is sober- all anyone can do is take his word for it, I really hope that is true for his sake, has threatened suicide on a public forum unless his apology demands were met and then blacked out soon after, and within the past couple days has had a medical professional tell his other doctor he looked jaundiced. If this was a spouse or child of yours what would you recommend to this person? Order more drugs regardless of what the Doctor says because this individual can obviously be trusted to institute a responsible taper plan? And to you, Dandy, I have no underlying motive or agenda here except the strong desire to see you live.

the above really does describe my own brother. He was a chronic alcoholic !

So I guess the cats out of the bag dandy!

the above really does describe my own brother. He was a chronic alcoholic !

So I guess the cats out of the bag dandy!

This would also explain his rapid change in demeanor on the forum and his apparent jaundice appearance, according to the medical professional he saw. Makes sense.

Chinookwind

Yes read the earlier post it was so enlightening. You just keep ranting about the need for professional help which I have already addressed.

I'm going to bow out of this Dandy. It's quite clear to me that you place no value on my input and I'm sure not going to leave myself wide open to your rabid remarks.

It is very difficult to sit back and watch someone self destruct and not feel affected by it.

My comments yesterday were borne out of a sincere desire to help you. For some reason you went on the attack.

But it also saddens me that you continue to hold this entire forum hostage with your games and theatrics.

People only stay in certain behaviours as long as there's a reward in it for them and I for one am not going to enable your bad behaviour.

Whatever you choose to do, whether it be going to a facility or stay at home taper ... do it with grace, do it with dignity, do it with appreciation.

Just do it.

Wishing you strength and peace,

Chinook

In my opinion if one is serious about recovering from this horrible accidental addiction they will do anything and listen to all. This Dandy is jerking us all around. He is way more sick than benzo withdrawal. Because I have compassion for him I do not have the patience to listen to his rants at others that are trying to help.

^ I agree. This is getting out of hand. People who are recovering need to protect themselves from unnecessary stress like this. Most members are very sick but able to be kind and supportive.

Chinookwind

I'm going to bow out of this Dandy. It's quite clear to me that you place no value on my input and I'm sure not going to leave myself wide open to your rabid remarks.

It is very difficult to sit back and watch someone self destruct and not feel affected by it.

My comments yesterday were borne out of a sincere desire to help you. For some reason you went on the attack.

But it also saddens me that you continue to hold this entire forum hostage with your games and theatrics.

People only stay in certain behaviours as long as there's a reward in it for them and I for one am not going to enable your bad behaviour.

Whatever you choose to do, whether it be going to a facility or stay at home taper ... do it with grace, do it with dignity, do it with appreciation.

Just do it.

Wishing you strength and peace,

Chinook

Well said chinookwind, and well said Hope.....I agree  with you both, I am off to help members that are not deliberately mean as well. Unstable moods are the hallmark of an addict. It seems whenever someone says something to Dandy that he does not like he pops another pill and blames it on us....'you are the reason I have to take another benzo to chill out because you guys are so mean to me'.....So not only will he not admit he is an addict but he blames us for it as well.......And funny enough the more pills he pops the meaner he gets...just like an addict.....that is usually why addicts end up alone,  ...because they alienate themselves from everyone else due to their behaviour and because no one will put up with their abuse anymore.......but it takes a long time to finally give up and turn your back on someone who so desperately needs help, because when they are sober they are nice people. I think it really matters here how much you guys can take of his abuse? I applaud those of you who can stick the course, but I, like the other moderators and BB team members and supportive buddies  here, have other people and members to help that are much more appreciative of the time we donate to the forum. Ciao Dandy and good luck, I hope you get sober.....Alabama.

Mclean hit the nail on the head. There is much more to this than a benzo problem. Which is why i got involved in the first place and could't understand how anyone could offer a taper plan or any advice outside of immediate medical care.

^ I agree. This is getting out of hand. People who are recovering need to protect themselves from unnecessary stress like this. Most members are very sick but able to be kind and supportive.

Another 10+ page thread filled with abuse while other BB desperate for help get 1 or 2 responses?

Another 10+ page thread filled with abuse while other BB desperate for help get 1 or 2 responses?

I agree. This really has to stop.

Agreed Innadaze, I would love to see members move on from this thread and help those who really are reaching out here on the forum.  I know I made it through this process with the help of my buddies here.  Lets each check the posts and see where we can offer our help and encouragement to our members here.

How about starting right now?

pianogirl

:thumbsup: Great idea! An easy way to do that is to check on the "show unread posts since last visit " at the top of the page and then scroll through them and find posts that only have 1 or 2 replies and see if you can offer some support or even bump it so that it gets more circulation. It is unfair that people who cause trouble on the site get more attention that the people who are desperate for support. And that is what we are all about, supporting one another. Not fighting and arguing with a few select members. Alabama.xo

Dandy,

Your brain has reached dangerous levels of Entropy. I trust you studied the Second Law of Thermodynamics while getting you degree in Engineering. Go get help and stop bothering people.

Jake

[1d...]